I've been NEET for 5 years now. Dropped out of high school at 17, did nothing but hole myself up in my room for 5 years...

I've been NEET for 5 years now. Dropped out of high school at 17, did nothing but hole myself up in my room for 5 years. I'm living with my mom.
She used to yell at me constantly about letting my life go to waste but gave up entirely on year 3. Eventually she became apathetic about it.
Shit has officially and irreversibly hit the fan. Her health has been declining rapidly and she's been having trouble finding a job that she can actually do. Our lease also happens to be up and rent is going to nearly double next month, which wouldn't have been a problem if we weren't already out of money.
My mother was a teacher. Every year, right before summer break, the school gives the teachers one last big paycheck that's supposed to last throughout the vacation until the next school year begins. The school decides who's going to come back right before the school year starts. They decided not to bring my mother back. We were living paycheck-to-paycheck as it was and that last check evaporated quickly. Now my mother's account has a negative balance.
I've also been trying to help out for the past few months by looking for a job myself, but it's incredibly difficult to explain the incomplete education and 5-year empty gap to potential employers. They never call back.
Rent is due in 9 days and neither of us have anything. Without a miracle, we're going to be evicted and, ostensibly, homeless.
The worst part is that being NEET wasn't even that great. All I did was isolate myself and let my life deteriorate. I have absolutely nothing to show for it.

I'm telling you this story as a warning. Don't fall for the NEET meme. Shit can quickly go sideways. It's just a deeply unproductive to waste time where you'll dig yourself into a hole that only gets deeper the longer you stay in it.
It's not worth it. It'll fuck you over in the long run. Do something with your life.

Attached: pepe.jpg (235x215, 8K)

Just get a job at a fast food chain or some shit, its not that hard. Sorry about your mom, OP. Youre young, its not to late to make a change. Trust me. Been there done that.

i'm a NEET but thankfully I have kind parents and money in savings. i also have a complete education minus a degree and some work history. finding more work is proving fucking hard though.
i didn't really "fall" for the NEET meme. i worked in a call centre and it was driving me borderline suicidal.

>Just get a job at a fast food chain or some shit, its not that hard.
Tried that. I've been trying that for the past 5 months. It is that hard.
>Sorry about your mom, OP.
Thank you. She's been forgetting more and more recently. She's forgotten my name on multiple occasions. Just a few hours today, she stopped mid-sentence and forgot she was even talking. That, coupled with all kinds of bone issues...it's scary to watch her fall apart like that.
Even worse to think dementia is hereditary. That'll be me someday.

Why did you drop out when you're so close to graduating?Did you get a GED?

I am in a similar boat as you and have been trying to get money from my friends. Really it is more than that schlampe should even get. She does not even deserve to kiss the feet of a German superman like me.

From what I've heard it is almost never viable to be a NEET in the USA or Canada due to lower ability to rely on the government. Apparently since taxes are higher in places like European countries, it is much easier to NEET if you can get something like unemployment and disability checks from the government to survive on. In those countries, you might even get government-provided housing too

in the UK claiming unemployment benefits is a piss take, you have to get interrogated by the job centre every fortnight and they force you to fulfill a quota of job applications or they threaten you will cutting your benefits

>Why did you drop out when you're so close to graduating?
I don't know. I just couldn't do it anymore. I was exhausted.
>Did you get a GED?
No.

Go work at an airport as a ramp agent. You make good money to start and they're always hiring. It's physical work which will make you feel better. That's what I'm doing right now. You meet friendly people. You'll have time to get your life in order and make some plans. Sorry to hear about your mom, I hope she comes through somehow. Mothers are precious and you only get one. Love her while you can. People have come out of harder situations before, I believe in you.

Attached: IMG_20190417_135645_772.jpg (640x640, 90K)

well your mom wasn't a NEET and shit went sideways for her
explain that

My being a NEET destroyed two lives, not one.
If I had a job, we'd be fine.
If I didn't live with her, she'd be fine.

I siphoned her money for 5 years and this is what's left.

I know how bad being NEET is, I was one for a combined 3 years after hs. Constant irritation, anxiety and shame.

if she didn't want to destroy her life she shouldn't have had a kid
you could have come out all deformed or disabled and needed care for life or something, for all she knew. You just ended up being a NEET. big deal

I'm about to start working at a call center, the pay is higher than the country's average. What drove you so madly?

Self-employment is the answer. Get out and create your own opportunities. Learn a trade. Skilled trades are positioned to earn more than white collar jobs once all the boomers fall over because the demand for labor will be high with nobody left to fill it.

user...Stop trying to shift the blame to my mother.
Dropping out of life was a choice I made. An unnecessary and harmful one at that.
Have you considered that the idea of 'planning' to have kids could always go wrong, no matter what? Life takes unexpected turns and fucks people over.

This is my fault. I fucked everything up.

>op is about to be homeless in 9 days
>"dude just take up graphic design or something lmao"

I agree with OP. Only be a NEET if your life is already over. I hope top die soon that's why I am one. I will never have a normal life.

Attached: 1535764894080.jpg (212x249, 5K)

I dropped out five months before graduating high school. My life was over anyway, I stopped caring back in fifth grad.

>Graphics design
>Learn a trade

Only one of these options is open to you, if you're not a limp-wristed faggot.

Also, OP has 9 days to get *something* done. You'd rather he was homeless before making any effort to improve? Sit down, assess and prioritize your needs, and show up at a construction site. Look clean, show some energy, offer to work on a contract basis, and start by pushing a broom if that's all that they'll give you to start. Work hard. Impress people. Accept offers for dirty work and don't be a pussy about it. Get in that shit and get it done. Do that, and you'll soon be trusted enough to be taken on as apprentice, where you can learn some skills. Try not to get pidgeonholed, keep an eye out for opportunities to learn a range of skilled trades. Five years later, have your toolbelt full of all tools you need to get all that shit done on your own. Look for jobs to bid on. Do beautiful work. Get jobs done on schedule and under budget (contractors love seeing a credit on their bill, but don't give too much of your profits away). Make a name for yourself, get headhunted by contractors until you can name your price and have your pick of the lot. Hire some bros to take under your wing and mentor. Complete larger jobs, with more volume, earn the big bucks off of the labors of your men.

Ten year plan to being The Man. You just need to get up off your ass and put in the sweat and blood time that is every man's birthright if he wishes to be a man. And there will be plenty of both; hopefully, more sweat than blood. Be safe, don't be stupid.

t. former neet, now self employed tradebro with a crew in his toolbelt.

fuck you, I'll shift the blame to your mother. Its your mothers fault, you cunt

You have severe mental issues you retarded faggit.

>my parents could just let me live for free in a property they own (i pay utilities, internet, food, everything)
>terrorize me into wageslavery even though it destroys my health and makes me basically about to kill myself (i WILL quit in a few months, only reason i don't kms now)

>this guy's mom owns no property and can hardly afford him to live. Still lets him be NEET

Seriously WTF?

My parents would rather know i pray for death and have rapidly deteriorating health than be happy

>I'm telling you this story as a warning. Don't fall for the NEET meme. Shit can quickly go sideways. It's just a deeply unproductive to waste time where you'll dig yourself into a hole that only gets deeper the longer you stay in it.
>It's not worth it. It'll fuck you over in the long run. Do something with your life.

Rent costs more than 10x food

NEET is ok if you live rent free on property owned by your parents

Nice bro. Ive talked with some homeless people who are in a lot of pain from diseases and stuff. Most of them were just regular kids who thought that getting a job was too stressful lol.

>Don't own property
>reproduce

WHY RO PEOPLE DO THIS?

What if OP was legit retarded, or had some autoimmune disorder and could not work

If you can't afford a NEET child, don't reproduce. Period

Food in the USA is cheap. You can live off 3-5$ a day easily

Actually it should be the opposite, if you have less money you should have kids sooner so that they can help the family and bring the overall quality of life up. Poor people having kids later in life is a mess, and having no kids is a shit life

Wrong dude
Poor people should not reproduce. Period

They do though because the taxpayer pays for it

people don't "fall" for the NEET "meme". The only fucking reason a person stays NEET is because they are fucked up as individuals. Not just because they are lazy in fact thats rarely the case.

NEETs do long to NEET but wihout the crushing stress of the ticking clock and limited funds. the only true NEETs are those who win the lottery or have parents who are ok with it and wealthy.

being a wagecuck i am sure would be worse though.

Attached: mc cuck.jpg (1600x900, 284K)

Most lazy fucked up people get jobs unless they fall for the NEET meme though. Mathematicians have a running joke about being the laziest people on earth

>being a wagecuck i am sure would be worse though.
I have been NEET and wagie

NEET is objectively superior in every single way with 1 exception: money

However, without having to pay rent, it's incredibly cheap to live. $10/day is enough for most robots if they know how to cook

And it is no surprise that rent / mortgages have increased in price like 4x the rate of wages

>if you have less money you should have kids
the single legit most stupid piece of advice ever to be uttered on this board.

please tell me you were just trying to have a jab at NEETs implying that they should be helping earn money.

>54060750
sounds like you do being a neet for 5 years and all.

It only increased like that in big cities that are popular with transplants. My parents bought a massive 4 bedroom house with a backyard for 250,000 like 20 miles from a big city. Rent around there is like 700 for a nice place. I pay 1800 for a one bedroom closer to another city

>for 250,000 like 20 miles from a big city. Rent around there is like 700 for a nice place.
You proved my point bud

Nah its a legitimate position to take. Younger parents are better, but I mean not too young obviously. Poor people have more incentives to have more kids and at a younger age, psychologically and economically. Kids helping with work is fundamental to any cost effective community.

Maybe you think they have too many kids sometimes which is another problem. But compared to wealthier upper middle class people who should wait longer to have children while they reach stability in career and location, poor people should absolutely have kids sooner. Older parents with no money have a harder time raising anyone if they are not retired

I proved that you can buy extremely cheap land and homes if you arent in the city, correct

well NEETs are more lazy and fucked up than those guys. You don't know what drives a human. NEETs have no reason or will to live. they have it infinitely harder than them because they can't even bring themselves to brush their teeth. They don't have interests like math nor the skill to do that.
you take for granted peoples will to work. you think they are perfectly ready to work but just say no. there are a myriad of cognitive reasons that bring them down> Quadruple amputees can work. think about that. Having what NEETs have is worse than being a quadruple amputee.

If NEETs can sit through a movie or post for hours on end here or even play video games for more than a few hours, nah they probably arent lazier

OP here. I left the thread for a while, thinking it was dead.

My mother did own property at the time of me being born but had to sell it when I was 14 for reasons I won't go into. We had to move to another part of the country.

all the smartasses itt blaming op's mom for not planning out her entire life in her 20s (or at least not having everything go according to plan) is guaranteed to be a literal child.
my estimate is 14

That wasn't actually my post. That was someone else.

>the single legit most stupid piece of advice ever to be uttered on this board
If it's bad advice, it's only because communities in The West have moved away from generational housing and the importance of the nuclear family. 40-50 years ago, people around where I live used to make fun of "Those great big Hindu houses where six familes are all jammed inside," while the rest of us "flew the nest" at the earliest opportunity. Fast forward to today, and Asians (including Indians) rank among the wealthiest taxable cohorts, outpacing the whites who used to make fun of them.

Our culture acquired a disease within the last 100 years, and your attitude is part of the problem.

>250,000
>extremely cheap
No bud

>NEETs have no reason or will to live
I had more reason and will to live as a NEET. Now i am a wagie who wants to die

Only reason why i don end it is because i'd rather save up, quit job, and NEET it up for a while. Then i'll once again regain the will to live, after following my passions and working hard on my hobbies/interests, something i have no energy or time to do as a wagie

Where is ur daddy noob?

i mean NEETs who have it bad (mean parents, mental illness)

how much is rent for you guys?

>NEET for 5 years
>Dropped out of high school at 17
Are you literally me?
Are you also unable to drive?

what does rent cost? I may be able to help out for one month. You better fucking get a job, though. Do research on the internet about the least competitive jobs.

Never met him. He died the day of my birth.

Yes, never learned to drive. Only have a state ID.

>Don't fall for the NEET meme.
Fucking this!
Being a NEET for three years fucked my mental health completely. Before I was just a weird introvert, but now thanks to all of that isolation, I've developed near debilitating agoraphobia and social anxiety. I didn't even do anything productive with all that free time. In fact, that's the worst part of it. Without any semblance of structure, I most of spent my those three fucking years wallowing in my own self-pity. Luckily, I'm 21 and I'm going back to school soon, so there's that. Wageslavery is hell but NEETdom is a shitty alternative.

If you're penniless most states will pretty much pay you with grants to attend college/community college.

Maybe its not right for you, but for the time being you can take general ed (easy) and art classes (fun). Its a thousand times better than digging through the trash for half empty starbuck's cups and sleeping in the back seat of a car.

I LOVE IT

IVE BEEN WARNING YOU PATHETIC FUCKING NEETS FOR YEARS AND iT SATISFIES ME TO NO END THAT YOURE GETTING WHATS COMING TO YOU.

thanks for sharing user, and welcome to the beginning of your real life.

27/M still no HS... neetlife is both heaven and hell

prey to Jesus, maybe it can help.

ur a funny little user

Also she is the single mom of a NEET. Lesson to female NEETS. Be careful who you fuck. You'll have to work twice as hard.