How pathetic is it to have to live at home with your parents and commute to uni because you can't handle the stress and...

how pathetic is it to have to live at home with your parents and commute to uni because you can't handle the stress and anxiety of living in a dorm full of people on campus?

Attached: adkpadpajdadad.jpg (217x200, 8K)

id rather be homeless than live in a fucking dorm.

that's how I felt, so I told my parents I wanted to save money and live at home. I literally couldn't even manage to live on campus because of how autistic I am.

Aren't dorms for when you go to uni in a far away place? If you can live with your parents and go to uni that's perfect.

Yeah, but seeing everyone else being able to manage perfectly without any problems, while I literally could not function makes me feel pathetic. It's like Im so much worse than literally everyone else that I need such a big handicap just to try and be in the same place as them.

I literally talked to a normalfag who literally has a girlfriend, is around my age and lives in his parents house going to college, his girlfriend also lives in his parents house going to college, fuck all those faggot normies telling you to move out by 18, that guy is getting prime pussy and doesn't even have a fucking car or drive.

Currently sitting alone in my dorm while everyone else on my floor parties and has fun, but I can't manage to have fun or talk to people. Pretty close to kms'ing desu

Believe me I know the feel. Plus the occasional harassment and judgement from everyone on my made me want to die. I literally had a noose set up in my dorm closet ready to die, but then my mom just happened to text me so I lost my nerve.

>Yeah, but seeing everyone else being able to manage perfectly without any problems
trust me plenty of them have problems. they just put on the facade that they are holding it together.

It's not pathetic, really. You normal to seek what makes us comfortable, so your actions are understandable. What you shouldn't do is stay stagnated in the same cicle over and over. What I mean by that is that you should find ways to slowly break out of your shell and become more sociable, so that one day you can live on your own without having anxiety all the time. Basically, baby steps.

Been about a week and have had overwhelming urges to start self harm again and I've been feeling shit. Uni work is easy, but making friends feels damn near impossible

Do things in your own pace. You are still kids, you will develop in time. I would have hated the dorm as well. Doesn't mean i am a failure as an adult now. Breathe, kids. You will do fine. All will be fine. There are counselors on campus who deal with people who feel like you on a daily basis. Go there, seek help. Accept your weaknesses, don't fell bad about having them and find ways to handle them.

Join a club you like. Find a tabletop rpg group. Many options to slowly get onto the social train.

Trying but clubs don't start for like another month

I am in the last year of high school but I will probably end up the same, in my house, fuck the dorms.

Not even weird. If you live near a uni plenty of people do it. I and everyone I know is doing it except one girl with an abusive family, just to save money. You're all good man, move through life at your own pace. What you're doing is normal.

A month passes quickly. Chill. All will be good. College is no competition. It is about you. Do your thing at your own pace. Grow in all ways you can.

Hey user. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? It's going to be okay

Turned 19 a few months ago, don't mind you asking at all.

Nothing wrong with this. It would help you to come out of your shell though in a uni setting, but the benefits aren't really going to outweigh the negs of obnoxious college faggots disrespecting you and your space.

Same user from before. Perfectly normal to feel that way. Especially at your age. Don't let it get you too bent out of shape bud. I hope you feel better

So far I have not been talking with people much, in my dorm or out. I've got a roommate but outside of both being engineering majors of some form and not being niggers, we have nothing in common. I have just been spending my time writing, researching, browsing and gaming. I still have anxiety attacks sometimes, but so far no breakdowns. ultimately, its painful and stressful, but still possible to make it through this. regardless, there is no shame in avoiding the dorm life. I still kind of wish I chose a closer college so I could commute, but regardless we will all make it through, faggot.

Commuting from home saved me from student loans. I was on the jury for some poor fraudster who didn't know how to handle debt. His attorney was flabbergasted that I didn't know what it meant to live in debt.

I live 10 minutes away from the Uni. Why the fuck would I pay the extra however many thousand a year it is to stay on campus?

Youre lucky. I wish I could commute. I had to take out thousands in loans this year to live in a smaller room

Trust me its not pathetic. Ive been here a week and im miserable. No friends, no groups. Sitting alone in my room while my roommate goes off to party. I regret coming to a dorm and wish I went to community college so at least I could be with my family. Also, the dorms are fucking disgusting and you have to share a bathroom.

I'm in literally the same position. Sitting alone in my dorm room while everyone else drinks and goes to parties

same here except I live like 30 minutes away. Im a fucking senior in Computer engineering and I only owe 10K in student loans. I went to CC and just transferred to a 4 year