ITT: Comfy Thoughts ONLY

You're 10 years old. You wake up, things are very quiet. You get out of bed and stumble to the window. You open the curtains to see a fresh layer of snow on the ground. Excited, you run down the stairs to find your mom making breakfast. You sit down in front of the TV in front of the news and wait for it. You're waiting for them to say it, and they finally confirm your hopes. It's a snow day. You eat breakfast quickly, run upstairs and begin putting on your warmest clothes. Just then, your landline rings. It's your buddy from down the street, he and the lads are going sledding and you know just where they're going. You hang up the phone, grab your sled, and run toward the door. Your mom stops you, gives you a hug and tells you all the stuff moms do. Be safe, come home if you get cold, be back in time for dinner. You rush her, saying "ok mom ok i love you bye." The excitement is unbearable, and you can wait no longer. You rush outside, but your mom calls you back. You forgot your gloves. She sends you on your way.

Attached: 1111s.jpg (287x175, 13K)

I can't believe I don't have enough attention span to read this paragraph. The internet, YouTube specifically, has rotted my brain.

Intelligence brain implants when?

Attached: 1566481454411.png (900x900, 122K)

man, that sounds really fun. where I lived, I barely got snow. maybe one day I can get some friends and move to a snowy area, for something similar to this. thanks you OP, very cool.

You wake up, and it's just you and an island. No one else but yourself. You find the resources you need to survive for a long while, and it's just you and the sea. No society, no rules, no people, nothing. It is your own comfy domain.

Attached: pink.jpg (923x562, 113K)

5th grade. It's computer lab time. Everyone opens up their typing practice, and begin typing away. The teacher walks by row by row, watching over the students. She passes by your row, and turns the corner. You and your friend look at eachother, and immediately type in the url of your favorite flashgame site. You look over, your friend is playing pinbal on widnows. He gets up to go to the bathroom, you watch him walk to the door. The second he goes in, you grab his mouse and switch it with the empty computer next to him. He comes back, and can't control his computer. He switches the mouse right away, he knows exactly what's going on. You both play this trick all the time.

He whispers to you, and you both alt tab and begin typing as the teacher walks by.

>find your mom making breakfast
Ruined it
Dad always made breakfast because mom didn't wake up till after noon and was usually a bitch anyway.

>Your mom stops you, gives you a hug and tells you all the stuff moms do.
More like mom stops me and disallows me to go sledding because it's too dangerous. But fuck it. I could see the hill all the kids were sledding on from my window so at least .....
Just sit here alone playing with my legos in my room while my best friend and the other kids spend the day sledding in the park across the street.
Fuck my life

Attached: 1545101820485.png (720x960, 926K)

Where I live, we get snow once a year, maybe. What a wonderful memory, seeing everyone at the park gearing up to slide down that hill.

This one's for you.

It's 2020. You're sitting in your room, when you get a phonecall. It's your mom. She tells you that she wants to talk. You minimize Jow Forums and the thing you're listening to, and begin to talk to her. She begins making small talk, but it seems as if she doesn't have much to say. There's a moment of silent. She seems nervous, you ask her if there's anything you were calling for. She sighs, and tells you that she wanted to tell you something. She begins to address your childhood. She brings up the story of that one time, you remember what she's talking about and tell her so in order to get her to stop. The memory is seared in your brain, the thought of it illicits a minor trauma response in you. You feel your chest tighten, and you begin your nervous mannerisms. She starts to choke up, and tells you that she's sorry. She says she should have treated you differently. She wishes she could have been there for you more, she wishes she wasn't so hard on you. She explains that it was because deep down, she loves you so much and is scared to lose you. She's scared that she'll make the mistakes she saw (x) make. She just wanted you to be successful, to grow up strong. She begins to explain the emotional stress she had while raising you. She says it doesn't make it right, but she wants you to know why she was so uptight all the time. She tells you that she loves you, and that you don't have to forgive her. She just wants you to know that she always loved you, and that she's not perfect.

She loves you, she always has.

Bro
Mom died last year
She didn't tell me a fucking thing like that
I couldn't even fucking imagine her admitting she was ever wrong. About anything. Ever

We all go through trauma and it fucks us up. She went through trauma and it made her do what she did. Deep down she knew she was wrong, and she probably didn't truly want to hurt you. When you're hurting you tend to lash out at people

You wake up, look around confused of where you are. As you wake up, you realise you aren't home and are panicked for a moment. You calm down as you begin to remember where you are. You feel a warm hand on your side, and your turn over to see your girlfriend of 2 years months. This is the first night in the house you two bought. She says goodmorning as she moves her hand to your hair, and begins to run her fingers through it. She puts her hand on your side, you flinch. The cold metal of the engagement ring gave her touched your side. You turn back over and grab your phone. You turn it on, the light is very bright in your eyes. As your eyes begin to adjust, you see a picture of you and her. You remember the trip you two took to paris, you remember how she cried as your proposed to her. She scoots closer to you, wraps her leg and arms around you. You set the phone down, grab her hand and interlock your fingers with hers. You close your eyes, and take a deep breath. She moves her head closer to yours and whispers "I love you, user."

I knoe you guys don't believe me, but this can and will happen to you. But if you give up, it won't. Even dudes with down syndrome and double amputees get wives.

Attached: 1546122570836.jpg (1131x1365, 302K)

What a fucking joke
Seriously

tfw that feeling when no gferoni

>buddy
>mom makes breakfast
I had no friends and my mom was a lazy whore. Nothing changed except that I can grow a beard now.

>Nothing changed except that I can grow a beard now.
At least you got that going for you

man you guys really love being miserable dont you

It's the only thing I know. I'm pretty sure you have to have had good times at some point in order to have nostalgia or fantasies about times you felt good.

stop suppressing the good times. I know you want to believe you NEVER had good times, but that's not true.

If there was good worth feeling I would strive to feel it
There in none
Either you're delusional as fuck or I am just cursed.
Probably both

It's 3 am, you are filled with a sudden but thorough anger, you make a realization, as you listen to your music drone on and on, a realization you've made hundreds of times before, you've effectively wasted your life, you first had this realization when you were a teen, but didn't quite believe it, but now you see that while you can make your life better; you won't, you can't, you just don't have the will to do anything anymore, you want to die, but you can't, you can't do anything beyond surviving, hoping that you'l get shot by someone who can pull the damn trigger already. You wish tears would streak down your face tot provide some sort of release, you curl into a ball, no one else is awake, but you. You, unfortunately, are alone now

Attached: 58066.jpg (1080x1920, 190K)

This faggot gets it
>when you wake up in the morning and the first thing you feel is fucking disappointed you're still alive

Attached: tenor (3).gif (266x200, 961K)

delet this right tf now

you're cuddling and being held by a girl

the reason you can't read this paragraph is because it's fucking boring, there's nothing wrong with you user, op is shit at writing, all his paragraphs are just describing scenery and going through the motions, it might as well be written by an algorithm

3rd grade. You're inside a kmart. You head to the register with your mom, but on the way you ask her if you can look at the toys. You head back, and begin walking the toy aisles. "WOooaahHH" you exlaim. You stand up on your tippy toes, and grab an action figure. You grab another toy, and begin playing with the toys. Making sound effects, walking them around. You grab one of the model cars (the unboxed large ones) and begin rolling it down the aisle. You grab two, wind them back and race them. WINNER!!! You hold it up and proclaim this to your mom. You see some legos, pick them up. You've been wanting these for a while, but they cost 100 dollars. "Oh mom can we get this pleeasse?" She thinks for a second, and says "welll i guess but it'll have to be for your birthday." You get excited, and begin running with the legos toward the register. You check out, and head home. On the way, your mom stops at mcdonalds. You go inside, and head to the play place while your mom orders. You go up inside, crawl around and explore. You find another kid, and begin to play with him. After what seems like hours of playing, your mom comes out with your happy meal. You say goodbye, and get in the car. You open up your happy meal, and find a buzz lightyear inside. You begin to eat your nuggers and play with the toy. The drive home is long, and you fall asleep in the car. The next morning, you magically wake up in your bed.

Attached: 1552666146376.png (700x874, 684K)

It's noon, on a Sunday. The haze of last night's festivities hasn't worn off yet. You lazily stumble out of bed, suddenly starving. The light from outside is nearly blinding, but the blackout curtains cut down on it a lot. Nothing sounds better to you right now than a pack of ramen and a glass of chocolate milk. You pound down a couple ibuprofen to dull your headache. As you boil your water and cook your ramen, your phone is buzzing. Your friends had an amazing time last night. That girl you were flirting with actually texted you back with interest, when she was sober no less. Your ramen finishes up, and you put the pan into the sink. You head back, and put some movie on on Netflix. There's work tomorrow, sure, but right now you have your food, your chocolate milk, and several hours of movies to watch. Right now, you're all that matters, and that's fine by you.

Don't you get it? It's supposed to be somwhat ambiguous, mundane, and illicit memories from your childhood. I'm not writing a story, I'm writing your memories. At this point in the thread I'm writing simulated memories.

You think you can do better? Contribute something of worth to the thread instead of bitching. Oh you can't? Then fuck off

Not that dude but it's a noble thread idea. I love the thought. You have to remember though, these are just simple shitposters. These are people of the land, the common clay of Jow Forums. You know...morons.

On that note, you don't mind if I take a crack at this, do ya? I already did one but I've got a couple strong childhood vibes I wouldn't mind throwing out.

you know you've lost it when you have to start talking to yourself to save the thread

Attached: 1551673336749.jpg (640x360, 157K)

I wanted to make him feel better about his thread because I like the idea. Also it's like 5am where I'm at and I like the idea of reading cozy childhood memories

kek what dude? You're starting to have delusions

What the fuck is happening

Am I losing it

Well atleast I enjoyed it, I like reading anything I guess but a book.

go for it mein dude

I suppose i'll continue then
You're tired, you want death, but you know that the only place you have a significant chance of dying is outside, so you reluctantly get on your hoodie and venture into the dark night, the nightlights are kind of nice to stand under, in some weird obtuse way, but you see other people so you contine on your way, on the way you start to see more and more people, it appears as if you've stumbled into a bar, or something like it it looks kind of nice to be around, but due to your lack of social skills you decide to back off and venture to the bridge nearby, as the noise of the bar quiets down, your mind starts to wander, then all the sudden "Hi" at first you're startled, as you realize this is your first contact with another human being in about a good 3 months, including fast food workers, you manage a nervous "hello" back, she asks for directions, she says she's new in town. Which isn't surprising seeing as most locals here here tend to avoid you. She looks pretty nice so you direct her to where she needs to go, and as she backs away you realize what an idiot you are, not even trying to start a conversation of any kind, but it's not like she would have interacted with you anymore than necessary, you're too unsightly for that, a 3/10 at best. You get to that bridge you were going to before getting interrupted and stare, nothing in particular filling your head with thoughts so you stare blankly, wondering if you can make it to a fast food joint before the sun rises, if you could you would've gone to the gun store, but you've tried to kill yourself that way and the only thing that got murdered that night was your appetite, in fact, despite the fact you're at the fast food restaurant, you aren't really hungry, in fact you haven't been since you tried to kill yourself that day, but alas, you get your food, a simple hamburger with a side of fries and go home before the sun rises

Attached: 58066 - Copy.jpg (1080x1920, 36K)

You're in school, you're doing the mad minute multiplication table challenge. You've been practicing them at home, trying to be the first to get them. You all turn in your papers, and you finally got it. The bell rings, and you run to the door for recess. In the ball bin, you grab a big red ball. You and your friends go play kickball. You go up to kick when your crush walks up to you and asks "hey user do you think I could watch?" You say yes, and then kick the ball. After a few more kicks, you get to home plate where she is waiting for you. She begins to talk to you, asking you questions. You anwser her, but wonder why she is doing this. You and her don't talk much. She says she wants to show you something, and says to follow her. You hesitate for a second, so she grabs your arm,hand and leads you. You guys walk over to the play equipment/ jungle jym, and she leads you on to the top level. "In there" she says. You crawl into the tunnel,and sit down. She follows you, and sits next to you. She says "so i heard you have a crush on me" she smiles as she says this. You don't know what to say. You feel the butterflies in your stomach as you attempt to spit out some sort of response "Want to hold hands?" She grabs your hand. Your heart begins racing. Her hands are cold. She whispers "your hands are warm..." "Wanna play truth or dare? You go first. Truth or Dare." You pick dare. "I dare you to kiss me." You've never kissed a girl before. "Okay.." you murmur, nervously. You let go of her hand, lean in, and give her a peck on the lips. The nervousness fades away and turns into a blend of excitement, and emphatuation. You've never felt this before. You've thought about doing this over and over in your daydreams and here you are finally doing it. You pull back, she smiles at you. "You wanna be my boyfriend?" She asks. You say yes. "Wanna go play?" You agree. She crawls out, and you follow. She grabs your hand, and you walk off into the playground.

Attached: 1558746419597.png (500x709, 501K)

my bad i replied to the wrong person

I meant this guy

It's about 7pm on a Thursday. You're with your dad this weekend, and he's just taken you out to Chuck E Cheese. You got yourself a sticky throwing hand thing, a nice blue one. You throw it a couple times, then lean up against the window. It feels cool and nice against your skin, the chilly autumn air causing the window to fog up. You draw some nonsense shapes, then look out at the sun peeking out just from behind the apartments your dad lives in. You can't explain why sunsets fill you with such a weird sense of sadness, but they do, and you worry that it's something weird that you shouldn't tell anyone. Dad's making cheap Totino's pizza again tonight. You love it when he messes up a little and burns the edges, since he says a bunch of words Mom never lets you say. A fleeting thought passes through your mind about why they don't live together, but it's okay. It's been like that since you can remember. Courage The Cowardly Dog is on tonight, super spooky but some of the kids in your grade call you tough for watching it.

good one my mane

This is a collage of memories from my childhood, which I don't really remember all that well. Feels like my memories kinda start at 2008, but every now and again I'll remember this and feel sad about it.

Sunsets still make me inexplicably sad.

This hits so close to home, especially with the lego

You attempt to eat the hamburger, but almost vomit in the process, so as with most of your meals recently, you throw it away, how wasteful. It'll be fine as long as you remember to take out the trash can, which is by this point more of a dumpster than the dumpster you put used to put the trash in. To say the least you and everything around you is pure filth, looking at the clock, you think you should head to bed, but you don't feel tired, but that doesn't stop you from collapsing on your "bodily fluid"-covered mattress. The dream you have reminds you of home, where in all honesty, you did a good amount of the things you do today, but mom tried her best to make you into an upstanding citizen, but those goals seem nowhere near accomplish-able now, you wake up the same way you fell asleep tired, sick, and alone, but by this point you don't care, you check the time, 11:30 AM.

Attached: 58066 - Copy - Copy.jpg (1080x1920, 208K)

I didn't have many friends when I was younger, so snow days for me would mean sitting on my ass all day playing video games. Comfy, but in a different way. Leaf, so pretty frequent

Attached: Pepemas.gif (666x386, 342K)

Still at it, op?
Mom never allowed happy meals.
>like salt in the wound

>nightlights are kind of nice to stand under, in some weird obtuse way
They were when they were still sodium. Now they're led and hurt my fucking eyes

Otherwise. ...

this thread, by itself, has made me feel comfy.

I like looking at line through a mid 2000s lens, when I was a young child without a care in the world, and when life felt easier.

Very compfy, bump for compy.
me turn now:
You look up in the sky, lying on some well balanced wet and dry grass (enough to make it feel in the best temperature gas can be for lying on it), you look into the sky, no light exists around you and you see the stars, the moon, the nebulas. All of the sudden you feel a warm feeling inside you, you feel the blood flowing through you, and the feeling is euphoric, all of the sudden a melody appears from far away. It's your favourite song! the night goes by and the day is nearing, the sun ascends and so do you, the feeling of blood flowing stops but the memories keep you in euphoria. You walk back to your home, only about 25 meters away, go to your bed and fall asleep. You wake up later on to the birds singing and look outside, the perfect day has arrived.