You have been mentally ill for so long that you think the mental illness is part of your personality rather than...

You have been mentally ill for so long that you think the mental illness is part of your personality rather than something detrimental thats holding you back and can be fixed.

Attached: 7ef.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>mentally ill
Define it.

>can be fixed.
Doubt it.

>Define it.

>A mental disorder, also called a mental illness[2] or psychiatric disorder, is a behavioral or mental pattern that causes significant distress or impairment of personal functioning.

this is exactly what happened to me. i'm getting help now though

Oh wait
>have job
>have gf
>am pursuing a master's degree
I think I'm not mentally ill

Tried getting help to figure out how to fix it since BPD can really only be fixed by therapy
Imagine being a BPD person getting ignored by therapists of all people without even mentioning what I have, just inquiring about appointments

user I think you may be right...

Attached: 1346.png (467x720, 381K)

>an entire group of people has been mentally ill for so long that instead of actually coming up a real treatment, doctors simply play into their delusion and call it a "treatment"

Wait, is it because therapists are scared BPD people will go psycho on them?

I've heard and read that it's really hard to treat and can be really draining
But like I said all I did was inquire about appointments, didnt mention about why or anything

Maybe you're a hypochondriac

>behavioral or mental pattern
personality is made of behavioral and mental patterns.
medically these patterns only becomes labeled as mental disorders when they cause "significant stress or impairment." says so right there in your definition.
philosophical question: if people become perfectly happy and confident with the lives they lead with their disorders, are they really disorders?

Well yeah. I have borderline personality disorder and it can't be fixed. The only solution is to have a therapist tell you that how you think is wrong, and train you to ignore thoughts they don't think you should have. I'm not a dog, I won't be trained. Especially not to be something I'm not.

Then I should probably see a therapist to get treated for it

You can be stressed and impaired and not realize it. You might just think that everyone goes through what you do

what was the point of this post if you clearly understood the thread wasn't intended for you?

just stop being mentally ill bro

>You can be stressed and impaired and not realize it

This. I was having panic attacks for years before it becoming so bad I even realized something wasn't ok with me.

I don't know what they speak about me behind my back. It took me years to get any help for my bpd. Just only around year ago I got myself my own guy I can spill my venom to. Things are said to be better for me.

There was once a time doc pulled out this alarm from his pocket and kinda implied I am being scary. Ooh, joys of bpd life.

Attached: muzzleonfox.jpg (1024x1821, 194K)

most people here aren't even mentally ill. "depression" and "anxiety" are usually just normal emotions. they just use the phrase to gain sympathy and justify behaving like assholes. i guarantee a lot of them don't even apologize for behavior that clearly pushes people away, and then complain when they don't learn anything about how to get a girlfriend and friends.

>depression" and "anxiety" are usually just normal emotions

Shitting is normal but diarrhea is not, some normal things can turn pathological in excess

Normalfags shrug off mental illness because they think it's just selfishness or laziness
That Etika dude needed help but everyone thought he was crying wolf until he jumped off a bridge

that's the point. many people here feel anxiety in new situations or around new faces, but not when they are at home or doing something familiar - this is normal. even if it's a lot of anxiety, the process of reducing that anxiety works the same. in this case it's just taking a larger shit....also diarrhea is a symptom of something else.

clinical depression isn't just being too lazy to deal with work or other non-entertaining things. it's not feeling bad for yourself because you are alone. these are absolutely normal things, and most people do self destructive or restrictive things out of irrational fears or due to emotional trauma. the pathological form of depression is mostly chemical, and if you see it as a problem you probably already know it has one of many chemical solutions. otherwise, again, depression can be a symptom of another mental illness, but if someone just says "ive been depressed for years XD" i just see a regular guy who hasn't found motivation in something.

1. needing help and accepting help are two different things. he had tons of supporters and therapists exist for a reason. we don't have magical ways to change someones mentality, if they specifically want to drown in their problems rather than fixing them, it's going to end up drowning them. did you want the government to put him in a straight jacket and zap his brain?

2. normalfaggots actually overestimate and completely exaggerate what "mental illness" means or how it affects someone. someone with meme or clinical depression can have an absolutely normal life. if you value a family, you'll still have a family. if you value a career, you'll pursue that career or at least those skills. it's the emotive state that gets fucked up consistently but you still choose your actions. if you had no self awareness, THEN i could start believing in some kind of mental illness. normies think once you're mentally ill in any possible way (even if you just have a different cultural background), that means you simply cannot control your body or behavior.

bpd foxes got to be neutered and be exported to remote island without internet. it would probably look pretty much like battle royale.

Attached: br.gif (500x250, 729K)

Nothing ever helped me. My life was destroyed by it. Now I am probably near the end of the line.

>"depression" and "anxiety" are usually just normal emotions
anxiety yes but depression isnt the same as the sads

Yes this is insightful and correct. I am a fuckup