Serious question: why are Americans & Brits so obsessed about how much they earn PER HOUR...

Serious question: why are Americans & Brits so obsessed about how much they earn PER HOUR? In civilized countries it's how much you earn PER MONTH that's important.

Attached: alita-1.jpg (1800x1012, 73K)

because i work 32 hrs/week

I have a contract for 36hrs/week but what it's not important how much i'm paid every hour. I get 1500/1600 EUR per month, depending on taxes and similar bullshit.
A month has 24 working days? I get 1500/1600
A month has many festivities in it and has only 19 working days? I still get 1500/1600
Being paid on a hour basis sounds like a mess and against your own wallet

Because we're the most cucked, when it comes to private business.

recently i found this out (i am german) it is because they have basically no paid holidays/state holidays/sickdays, they do get paid by the hour.

Only if you're self employed if contracted and not under a 0 hour contract the majority of the time you have all of them things.

>there are jobs where you get no paid holidays/sickdays
I work in fucking retail and we get that shit. Damn.

your montlhy salary is in hours retard

people who use hour is just used to it

>In civilized countries it's how much you earn PER MONTH that's important.
and that changes with the hours worked
and dependant on hourly pay (+extras)

Attached: 1559827086065.jpg (533x533, 54K)

Actually, the overwhelming majority of Americans who are employed in salaried positions would ordinarily talk about their *yearly* salary.

The only people who talk about how much they get per hour are plebs in retail or food service jobs. A lot of the people on this board are either losers or very young, and so those are the types of jobs they have.

>would ordinarily talk about their *yearly* salary.
this is true, but how many hours on average do they end up doing?
is it a overtime-rama?

americans are retarded and cucks

>who cares how long work takes free time is for cucks

>your montlhy salary is in hours retard
wrong

They usually measure it biweekly, retard
>lul, cuk
Jow Forums is that way, you can jerk your microdick over where you were born there

>They usually measure it biweekly
never happened in the history of Man
>Jow Forums is that way
you are schizophrenic insane danger to you and others

Nope! Sorry sweaty ;)
You can go on to Jow Forums now little guy

>make more per hour
>can chill after working a bunch of overtime over the course of a week

Because salary jobs work you like a slave and hourly jobs barely work you but have better conditions and sometimes much better pay

Lol that's not true at all when you have overtime. That's the difference. In America, many people are overworked. Working on a salary (similar to what you describe) could mean that you get a flat amount, even though the company needed you to work MORE hours. Sometimes you may get overtime, but not always. For some a per hour is the way to go in America, for others it's salary-style

what job do you do user and which country sound like spain to me.

The median retail worker in the US is 39 years old though...

Because we're wagecucks and our hours fluctuate on a weekly basis. Earn 400 one week, 800 the next, depending on whart and how many shifts I'm working.

it basically means the same thing it's just measured in different increments
Also we often dont get paid per week or month or whatever we literally get paid per hour

You have to understand that workers in the US have no rights. I'm almost 30 and I have never had paid time off for example. Euros get what, a paid month off per year at least? That's absolutely insane to me. In the US you get paid strictly for time worked. There is no vacation and definitely no paid time off. By law you're guaranteed one day off per week and that's it. Ever. I've worked 60 hour weeks for half a year and that only ended because I fucking quit. If I hadn't it would have just gone on forever.

Shit even the bare minimum 30 minute unpaid meal period isn't guaranteed, you can """consent""" to give it up and just work straight through every shift with no breaks if the employer decides that's part of the job. Again, did this on my 6 nights a week 10 hour shifts. No breaks. Welcome to the USA.