Just spent two hours reading The Bible's tvtropes page

>just spent two hours reading The Bible's tvtropes page

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE

Attached: 1566717535263.jpg (1080x1440, 100K)

I read Deuteronomy 28:30-50 a few days ago and I still think about it. Scary, and accurate shit.

Can you tl;dr it for us lazy ones?

Pretty much this:
>You will be pledged to be married to a woman, but another will take her and rape her. You will build a house, but you will not live in it. You will plant a vineyard, but you will not even begin to enjoy its fruit. 31 Your ox will be slaughtered before your eyes, but you will eat none of it. Your donkey will be forcibly taken from you and will not be returned. Your sheep will be given to your enemies, and no one will rescue them. 32 Your sons and daughters will be given to another nation, and you will wear out your eyes watching for them day after day, powerless to lift a hand. 33 A people that you do not know will eat what your land and labor produce, and you will have nothing but cruel oppression all your days. 34 The sights you see will drive you mad. 35 The Lord will afflict your knees and legs with painful boils that cannot be cured, spreading from the soles of your feet to the top of your head.

what the fuck
this is crushing...

It's even worse because I found out about these verses on a video about South Africa when a priest was reading it through the first three minutes of the video. Everything there is actually happening in SA right now. I'd say Europe too.

Is Europe and South Africa slowly becoming a Mad Max hellscape?

That bible verse is happening in Europe? Lolwut? Dumb Burgerfat.

>33 A people that you do not know will eat what your land and labor produce
Can confirm this is false. There are no jobs in Europe.
t. European

But jesus is lame and white and gay. Evolution disproves the entirety of the bible and pastors just want to steal your money. Don't you see, the world would bw so much better with christianity!

ITT: lost people who havent read the bible for themselves, or read a bogus translation specifically designed to confuse them

Protip: catholicism =/= christianity

All i read is " i shall be on your dick for i never asked you if you want to be born nor i'm i appearing in person to comfirm all this gay shit i keep saying just to see people killing each other like the fucktard that I AM, i torture your sons even tho they didn't do shit, i promise you a second rise over all other nations and i will destroy you after it meaning all of your sinning was my plan , i'm a little inivisible sneaky cunt, a worthless fart in the air, all wanted was to play ping pong but i find no competition so endure my suffering"

Spanish or Greek?

All the immigrants in the country getting tax money is an example of it happening. I don't know how you couldn't figure that out.

I miss discovering tvtropes for the first time
I've read pretty much every article I care about on there and they don't get updated very often

Ah, so you're one of those retards who gets all the news outside his basement from foxnews and Jow Forums.

Are you a Frenchy by any chance?

You are a Burger right? You must be a NEET too?

"Christianity is just a fairy tale told to take your money! I know, cause I gave hermen shekelstein 100 bucks to tell me that! You can trust him, he has a bachelors degree in technical engineering, so he's smart!"

I am a NEET, but you didn't answer the question (I will just assume you are French if you don't answer).

I'm not French. And you leech on society more than immigrants. Dumb Burger.

How ya doing ahkmed?

Has anyone here taken the gnosticpill?
I always knew there was something off about the Old Testament, but at the same time I never doubted Christ. Actually reading through the OT, Talmud, Apocrypha and early church history opened my eyes.

Attached: truman.jpg (1500x799, 57K)

I'm not American I'm Asutralian instead, but even I can see those niggers and Arabs are a waste on European lands. They're getting here too.

Ah, so you're one of those retards who gets all the news outside his basement from American news and Jow Forums.

>South Africa
The people who stole their land from natives are afraid that natives will take their land back or...?

t. Doesn't know South Africa was empty when the Dutch got there and that the Voortrekkers made an honourable deal with the Zulus but were betrayed and thus resulted in the Battle of Blood River.

>unironically being a Christian
The entire holy book contradicts itself every other page. The majority of it is obviously fucking fairytales.

Attached: 4A51DF87-644F-4FCD-A6B9-83A9939213FB.jpg (640x632, 147K)

wait I'm confused why is this impactful or relevant? like they're just listing bad things it's the exact same as if I just said "man totally bad shit's gonna happen to you!!". what's the thematic, symbolic, or practical significance of this? why do people find it so crushing? it's not even terribly prosaic or anything

Only young people with no experience in the world write shit like this. Now why is that?

liar it's not possible for white people to make honourable deals

wrong. its just that all the bad ones get all the publicity. white people make deals every day

All it took was one google search to find dozens of sources that say that this "empty land" thing is a myth.

>dozens of sources
>doesn't post any
I'm laffin

Because young people were raised without strict religious indoctrination, unlike boomers, and are able to look at the Bible objectively and see that none of it makes any sense.

>I am an expert on a faraway continent despite having never left my home country

I find it funny that someone told you this and you never bothered to look it up for yourself. It took 3 words. "South Africa empty". Then I read on multiple sites that it was a myth started in the 1830s.

Whites are the only people with honour.

Japanese are honorary whites

Because it's in the bible so Christians will reach to try and derive something meaningful or insightful from nonsense and random stories.

no this is just more "i know better than dumb old people" garbage said by kids. i'll give you an example.
You watch a disney movie when youre a kid and its all sunshine and rainbows. Maybe you sing a long and enjoy the happy ending. Then 10 years later you end up watching the same movie and notice all the sexual innuendo and adult humor you didnt recognize when you were a kid.
That's how the Bible is. You need to live your life and experience new things in order to truly understand what's written. Some things aren't going to make sense until many years later. Talking about how you know better makes you look like an idiot

I don't need to leave my country to know what an invasion is what happens after one.

Yes the Japanese are honorable too.

>Now why is that?

Because old people are beaten down by life and overcome by emotions to the point where they become post-truth and seek anything they can latch on to for comfort?

>The Bible was there for me when it was darkest, bro

And you would have said exactly the same thing about any other mystical nonsense that was available, based on whatever culture you accidentally happened to be born in.

Youve got a long way to go man

What invasion are you talking about exactly?

summed up as a divine cucking

>That's how the Bible is. You need to live your life and experience new things in order to truly understand what's written. Some things aren't going to make sense until many years later. Talking about how you know better makes you look like an idiot

can you give specific examples of these subtleties young people are missing out on? surely if they exist and you're aware of them then you should be able to articulate them

>
>>Now why is that?
>Because old people are beaten down by life and overcome by emotions to the point where they become post-truth and seek anything they can latch on to for comfort?

Thats odd, since you guys appeal to emotion more then logic and reason unless you want to show you aren't.

Whats the name for that? Its on the tip of my tongue....

>And you would have said exactly the same thing about any other mystical nonsense that was available, based on whatever culture you accidentally happened to be born in.

No fucking true at all. You should know on this malaysian yoddling site. How many animes and manga criticize buddhism? How many bollywood movies criticize hinduism?

Now ask how many criticize catholicism?

Yes, that's what he was saying.

>catholicism =/= christianity
what do you mean?

He's right, though. Just because you believe something during a later period of your life, doesn't make it true. You're thinking that your experiences are on some sort of linear scale where you're becoming closer to the 'truth' and that if you learn things as you age you're amassing wisdom. But in reality all these perspectives aren't any more truthful than another. Just because you read the Bible when you're older and you believe it, it doesn't make it true. It means when you're older the text of the Bible appeals to you more. That goes for every piece of 'wisdom' in life; you're not getting wiser and wiser, you're just applying different pieces of information during different periods of your life where you're in a position in which you'd accept it to be true.

Third world invasion. The destroyers of culture, economy, and civilisation. There was no referendum to allow this.

Attached: 1554407624045.jpg (1024x1024, 151K)

>No fucking true at all.

It's absolutely true.

If you had been born in Saudi Arabia, you would NOT be here telling us how life taught you that the Bible was true. You'd be telling us how life taught you that the Koran was true.

If life can teach you that an infinite range of textual sources "are true" based on wherever you happened to be born and whatever content was in your cultural milieu, then life isn't actually teaching you anything. You're just a sentimental sap who's been beaten down, and so you've latched on to a story (or series of connected stories) that tells you it's all going to be OK in the end.

Femanon here.

Wow, every single guy in the photo is hot, that's so odd. If it were white people most of them would be obese, chin-lets with woman hips or other deformities from lack of testosterone.

Why are white men so much less attractive than all the other races of men?

Attached: 1391317931226s.jpg (124x124, 4K)

>Just because you read the Bible when you're older and you believe it
Youve got a long way to go man

>All the immigrants in the country getting tax money is an example of it happening. I don't know how you couldn't figure that out.

That's not good but compared to the US most of Europe is still practically 100% white