Have you been depressed since you were a little kid?

have you been depressed since you were a little kid?

Attached: everythings fine guy's.png (600x600, 184K)

yep ever since a babe i was mever meant fr thos fucking world

childhood was pretty good but then everything became about social status and sex, so now I barricade myself in my apartment

I've been depressed and suicidal since I was 12, so almost 8 years now

Since I can think for myself and remember so when I was like 11 or 12.

I think it started when I entered Year 7, so around 11 years old I'd say. It was a sharp shock going from primary to secondary school, all my old friends kinda ditched me and I was alone. Then I started getting mocked for being weird and alone. Going to school was a nightmare and I remember just crying when I got home a lot. I looked up suicide a lot and watched a lot of videos about things relating to it but obviously I never went through with it. I guess it counts though because it was essentially the turning point for my 'innocent' state as a child.

I can't remember fully.
I tried was hopitialized due to a failed suicide when I was 13, and I can recall wondering whether I was always this unhappy or if it was something new.

I can't recall why but I concluded that it must have started in 2nd grade of elementary school.

i had suicidal thoughts in grade 6, so at like age 11 or 12. they never really go away

I must have been around 12 years old when it started, so if you consider that little, then yes

I remember when I was in 3rd grade I felt extremely depressed when I realized most of my life would be spent in school and then working non-stop afterward

No, I was sad and hated school but the "it'll get better" meme kept me going
when I was 15 my mom distanced herself from me and started seeing a guy who was a total piece of shit and she really wanted me to like him
that's when I gave up hope and realized life is always gonna be bullshit

Didn't know a name for how I felt, pretty sure I did though. Got diagnosed a week ago.

Also I'm not sure the way I obsess about things since I remember is normal. I literally can't sleep for at least 1(often 2-3) hour when I go to bed because my mind reevaluates some shit I experienced lately and turns in circles.
I don't ever feel like I'm not thinking about anything. Whenever I talk to someone, I know I'll overthink every word each of us said in every free minute for a week.
It's annoying because when I overthink, I usually find a better response, which makes me feel like an absolute failure for not acting that way.
Lead to a destroyed confidence, which lead to me isolating myself from the rest of the world basically since I was 8. I started selfharming about 2 years ago and now I sometimes punch myself publicly without being aware of the impulse before it happens.
So the shrink that diagnosed me with "depression" might be right, but definitely not into the important things.

I remember feeling depressed at age 2 or 3, so yes. :'(

Got over it thankfully. But as time heals wounds, it still leaves scars. I'm not the same person who I was back then

I remember having my first suicidal thought at age 7. 17 years later and it still hasn't gone away. I wonder if there are any studies done about suicidal thoughts/depression in young children and how it affects their future .

Attached: translated-by-memri-tv-this-is-not-a-happy-reality-3736084.png (500x303, 77K)

First started popping up in middle school and things have only gotten worse since then. Now every day just seems totally bleak, I have no friends, any time I try to improve my social skills I fuck it up.
I never had a chance really, my mom and her dad both had depression so it's likely genetic. I have no hope of ever feeling better.

not really depressed, just meh
i dont know I guess I didnt know it could better so I didnt know I felt bad
now when I look back I realise that I felt fucking awful

Yes, but I didn't actually know what clinical depression was back then and it took a good 20 years' retrospective for that one to sink in.

have always been the same sad sack of shit since birth i hope its just a genetic defect cus that means i can get neetbux or some shit

Yes....and things only got worse, sometimes better, but for the most part worse overall. I honestly can say that it wasn't because of a chemical imbalance in my brain as life only improved during the times I was weighing less, getting laid, shooting in my backyard, and driving recklessly. The only reason I'm depressed is that life sucks. When it sucks less, I'm far less depressed. I am someone who cannot be happy within the confines of the law and social accepted decency.

Yeah from around 4 roughly, since 7 was when i first tried to seppuku myself

I was depressed from maybe 5th grade through 10th

Then I must have had some sort of awakening because I have been a full on bloomer ever since