Vegans are right

please logically explain why you eat meat. theres not a single argument for eating meat besides "its immoral but i still do it because its fun and i dont care". hundred of millions of animal die every year for our collective taste pleasure. we dont need any animal products to be healthy, we just eat them because its tasty and we prefer our temporary taste pleasure over a lifetime of an animal's suffering

animals like pigs and cows dont want to die for your taste preferences. strictly speaking, humans dont need any animal products to survive. theres not a single nutrient that cant be gotten from a vegan diet thats exclusively found in meat. and going vegan is great for your health. going vegan reduces your chances for diabetes, being overweight, cancer and heart attacks. vegans live the longest and consistently have the lowest rates of disease and cancers

all real robots should go vegan, because its hypocritical of your to complain about the suffering you endure in life, the pain you feel due to being a virgin and bullied by chad, normies and your unloving parents, yet inflict much more suffering unto innocent animals for your taste pleasure and "yummy in my tummy tum tum"

horrors of slaughterhouses:
youtube.com/watch?list=PLtc3iQTP5EZ8zZ4IG1kNzvF9X9lj-8eZl&v=eTYjuZzuzNg
youtube.com/watch?v=LQRAfJyEsko

horrors of the dairy industry:
youtube.com/watch?v=UcN7SGGoCNI

understanding why we eat pigs and love dogs:
youtube.com/watch?v=ao2GL3NAWQU

philosophical arguments for veganism
youtube.com/watch?v=C1vW9iSpLLk
youtube.com/watch?v=PLl3vEGU49Q

how to get started on a vegan diet:
youtube.com/watch?v=Wofs3rFnggs
youtube.com/watch?v=tgiOT_kZ_js

how meat causes diabetes, cancer and heart disease:
youtube.com/watch?v=UTxLHqeXZNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4mIC_OKOjIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LXigmGZk5FU&list=PL5TLzNi5fYd8FjyRK69fnvN3nX4TCvrez

Attached: pigs getting stabbed.jpg (1344x756, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HHa9rjQUDq4
youtube.com/watch?v=9WW8JdCLngI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_consciousness
fcmconference.org/img/CambridgeDeclarationOnConsciousness.pdf
psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/animal-emotions/201711/cows-science-shows-theyre-bright-and-emotional-individuals
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/jul/07/cows-best-friends
peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-food/factory-farming/cows/hidden-lives-cows/
news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/07/150714-animal-dog-thinking-feelings-brain-science/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150428081801.htm
livescience.com/39481-time-to-declare-animal-sentience.html
theconversation.com/heres-what-the-science-says-about-animal-sentience-88047
yourveganfallacyis.com/en/animals-are-not-intelligent-enough-to-matter
vocaroo.com/i/s0STtWy2g0O9
vocaroo.com/i/s0wfz3C5NXWV
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I made this bacon yesterday.
I've been cooking it in the oven rather than frying it recently.
>thick cut
>season
>arrange on a cooking tray
>middle rack
>set to 400
>start checking on it around 15 minutes in
It's extremely quick and easy since it cooks while the oven preheats.
I personally enjoy my bacon crispy around the edge while remaining a bit soft and chewy in the middle, and I think these came out well. The shape is a bit odd, but I kind of like this because you get the best of both worlds with crunchiness and chewiness! And of course, you can adjust your cooking time for your own preference.

Attached: AB1523EB-EE5C-4ECF-B6CD-D0B4E80A0D62.jpg (3264x2448, 1.54M)

veganism is right; debate me

the reason why all you easily upset cunts dont like this subject is because it upsets you to see animals suffering and it gives you congnitive dissonance. you literally are upset at your contradictory morals, and you take it out on vegans

Attached: main-qimg-76e74dbea5c9d5fe3eafe0be7fcf53ea.jpg (1080x720, 141K)

>animals like pigs and cows dont want to die
Animals aren't conscious. Fuck them I love their meat.

Attached: 1562620935638.jpg (180x281, 9K)

your bacon came from a pig that is sentient and can suffer. it didnt want to die, and the reason why it was killed was so you can have a tasty snack

you dont have to eat meat, nutritionally speaking, we can be perfectly fine on a vegan diet. vegans live longer, have lower rates of cancer, diabetes and heart disease

but no, you chose to eat meat for your taste pleasure. you are literally on the same level as chinks who kill dogs for their taste buds

can i ask you, what is your opinion on the ethics of killing animals?

do you think its okay? do you think animals want to die for your taste pleasure?

Attached: piggyzz.jpg (816x459, 80K)

I like weighing more than 120

ahhh, trying to go for that boogie1488 look?
youtube.com/watch?v=HHa9rjQUDq4

>Animals aren't conscious
thats scientifically inaccurate. science has unanimously agreed that they are conscious. heres a lot of scientific evidence for it. please link me the science showing animals arent conscious or stop spreading anti-science quack horseshit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_consciousness
fcmconference.org/img/CambridgeDeclarationOnConsciousness.pdf
psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/animal-emotions/201711/cows-science-shows-theyre-bright-and-emotional-individuals
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/jul/07/cows-best-friends
peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-food/factory-farming/cows/hidden-lives-cows/
news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/07/150714-animal-dog-thinking-feelings-brain-science/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150428081801.htm
livescience.com/39481-time-to-declare-animal-sentience.html
theconversation.com/heres-what-the-science-says-about-animal-sentience-88047

Attached: boogie eats steak.webm (1280x720, 1.43M)

>do you think its okay?
Yes. And I'd eat you if I had the chance.

Emotions =/= conscious. They're philosophical zombies.

why would we measure after sentience? animals are WAY less intelligent than humans and do not have any worth in pushing this world forward other than being meat for us intelligent humans.

There aren't really any valid reasons for westerners to still be eating meat.
There are plenty of alternatives available. It impacts the environment, see the Amazon being destroyed for meat farms and feed for the animals.
Nothing other than HURR DURR IT TASTES NICE.

>please logically explain why you eat meat. theres not a single argument for eating meat besides "its immoral but i still do it because its fun and i dont care". hundred of millions of animal die every year for our collective taste pleasure. we dont need any animal products to be healthy, we just eat them because its tasty and we prefer our temporary taste pleasure over a lifetime of an animal's suffering

Attached: image.gif (500x200, 468K)

People are omnivores, meaning they need both meat and plants to normally function. Of course, if you feel that you don't need to be physically or sexually active, go ahead, substitute meat with onions, otherwise you'd need a full diet.

(fart noise)

UH OH

Stinky

Poop

Hahahah

Poopies funny poopies lalalala haha

Funny poop poop funny woooooooo

Haaha yay for poopy good poopy poopy funny hahaha

Popopopopopo funny yay fun fun poop hehehe poop poppies

Poop make me happy happy happy yay hahah

UH oh i think i made a poopie

Pooping pants no diaper thats funny hahaha

Oopsie

Poopie underwear now hahah

We want poopies

We want poopies hahaha

Hahahahaa

Poo-oo-op

poop

btw this is the Jow Forums thread, if you want to see what those 85 iq mouthbreathers are up to the science unanimously agrees that they can suffer. they dont want to die and are concious. just because we cant 100% prove they exist doesnt mean they lose all moral value. i cant prove someone else isnt a philosophical zombie, but that doesnt remove all of their moral value

is it okay to abuse humans because we cant prove they're not philosophical zombies?
is it okay to abuse dogs and cats because we cant prove they're not philosophical zombies?
how about babies?

>animals are WAY less intelligent
they may be less intelligent, but they can still suffer and feel emotions just as deeply as humans

niggers are less intelligent than whites, does that make it okay for us to enslave and kill them?
how about retards? is it okay to breed and enslave human retards because they are stupider than normal humans?
would you eat meat from farms dedicated to raising retarded humans for food?

yourveganfallacyis.com/en/animals-are-not-intelligent-enough-to-matter

no bully pls. im a nice jewish boy who made some mistakes in the past. i got test injections tho so its okie dokie

Attached: BX9duwEQASzVLkR4a1Ee0o14qUtR3iq3rkUVIZOn6Xc.jpg (960x960, 150K)

Edit:
Lmao word filter substitutes s o y l e n t to onions

>life dies
I see no problem in slaughtering animals, after they had a reasonably good life. Maybe your message should be: don't eat too much meat and if you do pay some extra for free range bio meat.

>still immoral
welcome to life. do you think you're not responsible for animal deaths just because you don't eat them? Just the amount of water necessary to sustain you and your immoral habits like driving a car or taking a shower, means animals dying from dehydration, a very cruel and long death, you fucking monster!

>unhealthy
eating reasonably amounts of meat ,maybe once or twice a week isn't unhealthy. just use some form of moderation, goes with everything.

Were these all your arguments or do you actually have a point OP?

>niggers are less intelligent than whites, does that make it okay for us to enslave and kill them?
>how about retards? is it okay to breed and enslave human retards because they are stupider than normal humans?
>would you eat meat from farms dedicated to raising retarded humans for food?
yes. human retards arent worth anything either. we can uphold morals and other complex thought processes which animals cannot. human children are still developing therefore it doesnt count. thats why sentient non-retard humans have value and rights

DURRRRRRR i mAde RAcisT jOKes And iM a veGaN SO tHat mAKes mE a reaL rOBot DURRRRRR

Attached: 1505839561805.png (645x729, 59K)

>is it okay to abuse humans because we cant prove they're not philosophical zombies?
No because they're retarded consumer drones. It's easy to make a lot of money off them.

Attached: 1562673249852.gif (342x284, 1.88M)

Holy shit im vegan now lmao

Attached: A8803BE2-B124-4295-814C-D3A69178D8A2.jpg (708x720, 77K)

You need to change your shtick, unless you like arguing for the sake of arguing.
Gore images aren't going to elicit a reaction here, and the majority of the responses are going to be something to the tune of either "fuck them, they're tasty" or "lul, stupid vegan"

Attached: animation_mari_tominaga_ep105_04_big.jpg (766x576, 230K)

The animals wouldn't be 'saved' by people going vegan, they just wouldn't be bred in the first place.

I often see the treatment of animals compared with the holocaust, but really it's more the option between being 'farmed' and the total extinction of your species. Not that animals are in a position to make a choice (rights are taken/negotiated, not intrinsic), nor are they even capable of understanding the options if they could choose.

>imagine being such a oversocialized easily offended mental retard that the word "nigger" gives you an emotional breakdown

its just a word

vocaroo.com/i/s0STtWy2g0O9

>yes. human retards arent worth anything either
okay, so is it okay for a more intelligent race of humans to enslave your race because they are more intelligent than you?

is it okay for a superior race of aliens to enslave and kill yours, because aliens are more intelligent than you?

>we can uphold morals and other complex thought processes which animals cannot
exactly, human beings can comprehend complex moral thoughts and can understand philosophical ideas and think about their behavior. thats why we should behave differently than animals, because we are above them. why are wild animals your example of how to behave?

>thats why sentient non-retard humans have value and rights
that doesnt make any sense. if intelilgence is the reason why you say its okay to kill animals, then it should be okay to kill and eat niggers and human retards, because they are less intelligent than white people

are you serious or are you just memeing on me? cause i have trust issues with avatarfags. i mean you treat your pregnant gf like shit, how do i know you wont lie to me?

Attached: what is human.jpg (1000x780, 179K)

Lmao who said i was offended in the first place? Im just implying that you're trying to hard to be funny

nobody gives a fuck about animals bro

of course they do, otherwise they wouldnt tell me that they dont care, or they wouldn't tell me to go away

nobody likes seeing animals get tortured and suffering. virtually everyone likes being in the presense of animals and thinks they are cool and comfy. its just that people dont like seeing animals suffering and dont like being reminded that their taste preferences are hurting animals, so they say shit like this

tell me, if its not good enough for your eyes, why is it good enough for your belly?

>The animals wouldn't be 'saved' by people going vegan, they just wouldn't be bred in the first place.
exactly. veganism is a anti-natalist philosophical worldview for animals. they shouldn't be bred into existence in the first place

>but really it's more the option between being 'farmed' and the total extinction of your species
they shouldnt even exist in the first place. the only reason why they exist is because we've bred them to be freaks of nature that couldn't survive outside of factory farming. these animals shouldnt even exist

Attached: giant_chickens.0.jpg (800x463, 33K)

I suppose I can't speak for everyone, but to me they're just run of the mill gore pics. Been there, done that.
As for people telling you to go away, I mean, it's not like a large percentage of this board really has much better to be doing in any given moment, and shit talking vegans is like an internet past time.

Attached: Jupiter_o6rt.gif (500x373, 495K)

Daily reminder you cut off your own balls

Attached: Dil_x0hWAAEmAJ_.jpg (679x257, 19K)

there is a visible border idiot. there are humans within the normal range of intelligence and there are vegetable retards and animals. guess who has rights and who doesnt. as for the aliens, if they are 7th dimension overlords i can understand it from their perspective. otherwise since humans can grasp the complex structures of the universe we should be intelligent enough for most aliens to be recognized as more than dumb animals.

we all make mistakes, user. i cant say i dont regret doing some things in my life. lel

>within the normal range of intelligence
what does that even fucking mean, "normal"?

when niggers were the only human beings alive, the average iq was different then when whites also existed. every society has a different normal range of intelligence

my point is, its inconsistent for you to site intelligence as the reason to abuse animals, if you wouldn't be okay with treating niggers or human retards worse, or if you wouldnt be okay with treating dogs or children worse

if intelligence is the reason that allows abuse of someone, then its okay for whites to bring back slavery of niggers, because blacks are dumber than whites. and it would be okay for jews to enslave whites, because jews are more intelligent than whites

>if they are 7th dimension overlords i can understand it from their perspective
yes, but you wouldnt want that for yourself. my point was that its hypocritical of you to do it to animals but wouldnt want to be treated this way yourself

>otherwise since humans can grasp the complex structures of the universe we should be intelligent enough for most aliens to be recognized as more than dumb animals.
well, compared to aliens we would be dumb humans. its so hypocritical of you not to want aliens to enslave you, but are okay with enslaving animals. its immoral

Attached: morals and ethics and hipocrisy.jpg (1266x1268, 260K)

Careful with that 'shouldn't' there. If they are freaks that couldn't survive outside a factory farm then they belong in a factory farm.

Anti-natalism is the 'logical' conclusion of taking the avoidance of suffering as the main moral imperative, but morals exist to fulfil values. If a moral system is primarily negative (don't do xxx) then the most virtuous are those that literally do nothing. Those that don't exist don't have values, so anti-natalism doesn't benefit them. It's a symptom of a maladapted person that has been so unsuccessful at satisfying their pleasure drives and values that that they see death/non-existence as a net positive, or those that have been persuaded/shamed/brainwashed by one.

Compassion/empathy is a tool that allowed humans to interact and cooperate with other humans, and to understand and exploit the psychology of other animals for their meat/fur/labour/entertainment value. We mostly get attached to mammals that served purposes as pets. A healthy human doesn't empathise too much with their food, but there's a lot of variety among people. Some are nurturers, some are hunters. Both roles were necessary, and the morals/values of one type aren't optimal for the other. That said, most people quickly get desensitised to the uglier side of reality, and its only because we have systems that effectively hide those ugly aspects of food production that 'virtually everyone' struggles to see animals being butchered.

Motherfucker, I haven't eaten animal products in 9 and a half years, and I've been a vegetarian for a decade now. I don't buy leather or down, I don't wear wool or fur, I don't even kill fucking scorpions or centipedes in my house. I don't use honey or beeswax, I buy the deodorant and the shampoo and the toothpaste with the little rabbit stamped on them saying they weren't tested on animals.
You won, all right? Carl's fucking Jr. has a veggie burger now. I already drank the kool-aid.
Get off my case. This is the same fucking thread with the same fucking image and the same copypasta text spammed across three separate boards multiple times every day.

that looks fucking delicious user
i knew i should have gotten bacon this morning FUCK

>Those that don't exist don't have values, so anti-natalism doesn't benefit them
Not him, but 'those that don't exist' doesn't make sense as a sentence, because 'those' is a term referring to something or someone that does exist. Anti-natalism is to prevent any further existence, not to prevent 'unexisting' people from existing. When we create people, we create the potential to suffer, so despite the fact that there are no values to disobey in non-existence, those values will come into being and subsequently cause suffering.

'Those' can refer to abstractions, grammatically they 'exist' but only as mental images.

I once saw a prominent anti-natalist argue that the capacity to experience pleasure shouldn't be taken into account because beings that don't exist can't be deprived of pleasure.

Preventing further existence because existing allows the capacity to suffer isn't especially a strong argument. Who do anti-natalists hope to save from this suffering?

>didnt plan on making a vegan thread today
>some guy told me to stop making vegan threads because otherwise people wont like me
>get triggered and made a vegan thread
>now theres so many people to reply to on r9k and on Jow Forums that i spent a good 4 hours talking to people and making replies

being a neet can be rough

Attached: 5abc62f5cad0cd849173b99106dde398.jpg (640x813, 172K)

but animals arent humans bro

vocaroo.com/i/s0wfz3C5NXWV

where do you even draw the line as to what is human and what is not?

are monkeys human?
are niggers human?
are retards human?
are women human?

Attached: 1560399683888.jpg (640x898, 123K)

Bible says its OK!

ethics :3

the part where it feels good when you cook and eat them

universe and nature doesnt care about your morals bro

'They' don't exist in the same manner as us, however. By existence I am talking about being a human and being able to experience pain and other such sensations. And in what manner is it not a strong argument? By bringing new beings into the world, they develop an attachment to life that would not exist if they did not exist. That means we are not depriving people of life, because people can only want life when they exist. On the other hand, when we bring people into this world, they will undoubtedly suffer and create more people who suffer. They can only feel suffering during life. So by not having children, we can prevent the suffering of future beings, because they will develop the capacity to suffer if or when they exist.

But you also prevent pleasure, joy and the whole spectrum of positive human emotion too. It's kettle pot logic to apply that argument to the negative but not the positive.

Potential to suffer doesn't invalidate the value of existing. Besides, pain and pleasure are just instincts that evolved promoting survival and reproduction, and those of us who are already alive generally are attached to the continuation of life - unless we get fucked up to the point where an unhealthy fixation on suffering occludes all other instincts for pleasure/survival/fucking/trolling etc.

You're alive, and human. Say yes to existence.

>But you also prevent pleasure, joy and the whole spectrum of positive human emotion too. It's kettle pot logic to apply that argument to the negative but not the positive.
You actually don't prevent any of that. Since those hypothetical future beings aren't in existence yet, 'they' have no comprehension of pleasure, joy or anything of the sort. As a result, they don't have anything to hope for or look forward to. The thing that's supposed to be bad about preventing pleasure is that they'll be worse off for it. However, if they have no comprehension of it, that doesn't matter. However, when new beings are created, you create for them the ability to sense pleasure and pain. But the only reason they care about pleasure is because you created them. They didn't know it existed before. Therefore, any value of existing or attachment to the continuation of life only matters when you are already alive. However, if we prevent that, there doesn't need to be any attachment to pleasure. And with that, we can also stop any suffering as well. There's no downside to not creating new beings while those new beings are still non-existent.

TL;DR for vege brain niggers.
A successful species cares only for its own collective success.
Other animals can get fucked; the above always comes first.

>There's no downside to not creating new beings while those new beings are still non-existent.

There is if we want to eat them or can use them in some way.

Meat is like alcohol in a way, we're so used to it that we can't imagine living without it. Doesn't matter if it was God giving us dominion over everything on Earth or just our struggle for survival, eating meat is ingrained in our society.
I'd imagine everyone wouldn't even consider eating meat if we just discovered that we could do that, it's simply barbarical if you think about it.

Imagine if aliens came to Earth and just started slaughtering is for food, because we taste nice. Would we just accept that? Of course not.
If you want to live an ethical life, ending another being for food is hypocritical.

It tastes good and other animals eat meat as well. I'm sure that gazelle didn't want to die for that lion, but it did. I'm sure that human didn't want to die for that alligator but he did. Im sure that mollusk didn't want to die for that shark but it did. I'm sure that chicken didn't want to die for that human but it did.

You can say the methods in which we kill our animals is fucked up and you'd be right, but there's nothing wrong with eating animals. I see myself and humans as equal to all other animals. To say that I should choose to eat only plants would imply that I think I'm above every other species.

People are not gunna go out of their way to stop eating meat when its everywhere in every culture. If farmers/food providers stopped raising livestock cold-turkey (NPI), and one day everyone woke up and the only thing to eat was non-meat dishes, I can then see everyone going that way. But I will say people will NEVER give up dairy products. You might be able to get the majority to go vegetarian, but asking for full veganism in everyone is a fuking pipe-dream and really, extremely greedy in the name of your own beliefs.

A human is capable of reason and can make a choice, other animals can't.
If you see us all as equal beings, why not extend that to all of reality? If you look at it that way, we're all just one 'thing' cannibalizing itself. As a human capable of reasoning, you can make a choice not to participate in that.

>we're all just one 'thing' cannibalizing itself
That's unironically what I believe. The whole earth is one being that feeds itself. It's a cycle. Grass grows, cows eat it, the cow gets big, i eat it, i die, my body decomposes and the ground takes in its nutrients, then grass grows, a cow eats it, it gets big, a human eats the cow. The Lion King explained this in The Circle Of Life. It's beautiful, really.

The place where humans went wrong is when we started assuming we were better than nature. Animists had it right. Respect the world, respect nature, respect animals. You sacrifice an animal to your gods and you eat it, but you still respect the animal for feeding you.

When Christianity entered the picture and taught humans that we had dominion over the entire earth, that's when things started to go wrong. Now look at us. The Amazon is burning down. Because of who? Jesus.

Attached: 824574E1-AAB3-47D3-9415-C64B815A3A78.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

Why would we choose not to? Feeling shame over something that is completely natural is just dumb. Yes i agree the conditions the animals are raised in and killed are not the best. Aliens visiting Earth and consuming humans is bad though. Eating animals is natural to us but aliens eating us wouldn't be as they are not terrestrial

>The whole earth is one being that feeds itself.
But that's a pointless definition of identity, though. We're all just one thing? That's demonstrably untrue. I'm different from you, and experience different sensations, whether that may be pain, pleasure, or whatever. Same with animals. They experience different things, act different, and exist independently of us. Just because the physical act of eating and shitting and so on technically utilizes the same atoms, doesn't make the atoms the same.
>The place where humans went wrong is when we started assuming we were better than nature.
But nature developed humans into being intelligent enough to create technology and civilization. It was natural. If it wasn't, we wouldn't exist as we are now.
>Respect the world, respect nature, respect animals. You sacrifice an animal to your gods and you eat it, but you still respect the animal for feeding you.
How can you call murdering and eating something else respect? Can I rape and kill people and respect them by saying "thanks for bringing me pleasure"?

*doesn't make the whole the same. You probably got it, though.

You are not just a neet, but an insecure looser, if you spend this much time on this.

let me tell you retard why you need to eat meat
> complete protein
> high protein
fuck off with your soya phytoestrogen proteins