Why does everyone say its so easy to pick up women in bars?

you hear it all the time. "just go to a bar and pick up women". But this is almost impossible. For one thing, if you go there alone with no friends, anyone will see you as a huge fucking loser and weirdo. So that makes it basically impossible right there

Attached: hot3.png (988x719, 1.15M)

I have women approach me, but they aren't the kind you want anyway.

>But this is almost impossible.
t. someone that's never been to a bar by themselves because they're too afraid
>For one thing, if you go there alone with no friends, anyone will see you as a huge fucking loser and weirdo.
why are you projecting your insecurities onto everyone else? nearly every single woman that i've talked to while being out alone (which is a shit ton) has complimented me on my confidence for doing so. if they're out with friends, they'll invite me to their table / into their friend circle. just carry on and have a good time. you don't go to a bar to be miserable. of course if you sit there sulking people are going to avoid you and probably think you're a loser.
>So that makes it impossible right there
it really doesn't though.

here's how i know you don't understand what you're talking about. hours in which people show up to bars goes in cycles. most of the time, if you want to interact with people in a one-on-one fashion, just go around lunch time. women will show up by themselves in droves. only rarely will they show up at the bar by themselves at night. if they do, they'll either be there around early evening / sunset or extremely late (around midnight or a little later) for a night cap.

fake it until you make it pretend youre confident and it will work

This. A milf barfly I hooked up with once acted like a child and embarrassed me getting her out of the bar

its so obvious the pua shit is just seeping out of every single one of your pores. you watch a lot of those manosphere youtubers dont you

Because attractive people have no self awareness.

The 6'4 models legitimately think that the reason they are able to pick up girls easily is because they're nice and funny. Not because of the genetic gifts they were given.

its funny as shit. they act like getting girls is this huge elaborate chess game and you have to make all the right moves to win. the truth is they jumped into the game when it was almost done and they're 3 easy moves away from checkmate and all they have to do is not fuck it up.

doesn't matter how confident you are. if you are there alone, with no friends, women will think you are weird

Well a couple of things to try out that you might not be doing already
>make sure to actually sit at the bar, make conversation with the people sitting around you and the bartender, do not get awkward and stare at your phone all night
People want to talk to people who seem to want to talk.
>go with some buds if going alone is too scary
Women go in groups to bars often, so if your group and her group can mingle then you are in great shape
>try going to bars during drink/food specials or at less busy times like lunch
These specials are in place to drive people in because those times are usually dead. Not only do you get cheaper food/beer but the environment is less chaotic as well which can make it easier to talk to a girl

Hope these things help!

>mention nothing about pua
>its so obvious the pua shit is just seeping out of every single one of your pores.
how would you even know this if you weren't watching whatever it is you are referencing? nice motte and bailey faggot. you deliberately ignore what im saying because you have no experience. it would be funny if it wasn't actually sad.
>you watch a lot of those manosphere youtubers dont you
i dont understand zoomer lingo or what this means.

pic related is for (You)

Attached: AA000ACF-79A2-4F98-A105-79AEB4DBB83D.jpg (1125x446, 79K)

like clockwork, he has to start bragging about how awesome he is. how many times are you going to do this?

Please don't pick up women at bars and clubs. Unless you're a 10/10 and approach quietly and kindly (impossible in a club setting) DO NOT.

t. Female who's had many creeps try to 'pick me up' in clubs.

Even if you approach respectfully, the likelihood is you're the fifth guy that night to approach her and the only one to do it nicely. She has a bad taste in her mouth from all the creeps not leaving her alone and will NOT accept your advances.

Use tinder or something.

>08/25/19(Sun)16:20:32
>08/25/19(Sun)16:21:26
>6 second response time
damn, i've heard dick riding but this is impressive. good job.
>he has to start bragging about how awesome he is
i thought it was impossible though user? why would you lie about this?

Tinder? Are you serious?

There's plenty of studies done that you need to meet a minimum standard of pretty high level of looks to compete on the online dating platform.

What will us guys who don't have faces that rival Greek Gods do?

this is the level you need to sink in order to argue? i never said picking up girls was impossible you moron, im not op. i honestly think you need to have something wrong with you to actually want these disgusting club and bar skanks in the first place
go ahead and post my response time again lmao wow

Normies do not even consider the possibility of someone not having friends.

>For one thing, if you go there alone with no friends, anyone will see you as a huge fucking loser and weirdo.
OK, then go with your friends.

Start small, user. Have incremental goals. Don't go to one until you get to the next. Don't try to do more than one goal per night. Get comfortable with one before trying the next.

Goal 1: Say 'hi' to a girl, have her say 'hi' back.
Goal 2: Have a small conversation with a girl
Goal 3: Give a girl your name, get a girl to give you hers
Goal 4: Have a long conversation with a girl
Goal 5: Offer a girl your phone number (she doesn't have to say yes, just work up the courage to offer it)
Goal 6: Ask for a girl's phone number (skip if she asks, or offers her own.)

It's important to tell yourself that you will not marry, sleep with, whatever, any of these girls. Don't put more pressure on yourself. This is practice.

Once you've got a number, you have to decide if you want to text or call. That's up to you.

I don't know and I don't particularly care, figure it out. Just dont try to pick up girls in clubs because unless you DO have the face of a Greek god, it will not work.

So basically, we're fucked in every sense of the word aside from its literal sense.

and then she never responds because a hotter guy became interested in her

That's a boomer quote.
Today's girls don't drink as much as before, and their minds are fucked by SJW propaganda.

Attached: co56.jpg (671x607, 44K)

Embarrassed you? Can I get a story on this?

it's fine if you don't want to tell it

>OK, then go with your friends.
You know you're on r9k, right?

>this is the level you need to sink in order to argue?
yet your response to my entire rebuttal to op was literally:
>its so obvious the pua shit is just seeping out of every single one of your pores. you watch a lot of those manosphere youtubers dont you
sure, this definitely sounds like an argument in good faith. accept the fact you were btfo.
>i never said picking up girls was impossible you moron, im not op.
lmao
>i honestly think you need to have something wrong with you to actually want these disgusting club and bar skanks in the first place
cope my man. why else would you be posting in this thread anyway?
>go ahead and post my response time again lmao wow
oops i made a mistake, but at least i'm not going to duck and dodge saying so because i'm not a colossal faggot.

>What will us guys who don't have faces that rival Greek Gods do?

If you're pudgy, lose weight until you've got a visible jawline and cheekbones.
If you have a beard, sculpt it. If your beard is patchy, shave.
Get a short, masculine haircut. If you don't know what cut to get, get an Army Low Regulation.
If your skin is bad, go to a dermatologist.
If your teeth are bad, go to a dentist.
If you wear glasses, take them off.

Make sure your pictures are good. Outdoors, good lighting, good smile. Make sure you're wearing fitted, clean clothes that are fashionable but not ostentatious.

>doing all of this to get a fucking date on tinder when you can walk down the street dressed like a homeless person and talk to some genuinely cool people
what kind of shit advice is this?

>and then she never responds because a hotter guy became interested in her
Then repeat the process with another girl.
All you need is one.

You want to fuck homeless people?

I think they'd prefer food or booze.

>If you're pudgy, lose weight until you've got a visible jawline and cheekbones.
this is the #1 most important advice for guys. if you dont have a jawline and cheekbones women will not be attracted to you

try rereading what i said. i know nuance and context are difficult for those with autism, but work with me here

>what kind of shit advice is this?
You realize if you do this you'll be in a better place anyway. Not looking like a loser freak will also mean that more people will want to be your friend.

You don't need to be a greek god to pick up women in bars although it wouldn't hurt. You just need essentially sales techniques (the product you're selling is your penis) and social awareness enough to pick your target.

Oh I know what you said, but the goal is sex, not talking to "genuinely cool people" isn't it?

>Dresses up and goes to the bar and pretends she doesn't want to be hit on just so she can angrily reject guys and act offended that they would think a girl dressing up and going to a social situation is interested in mingling with the opposite sex

You are a disgusting person. Stop acting self-righteous when you deliberately put out signs to others that you are open to social interactions then take pleasure in shaming/insulting those that approach you.

Attached: 1550898520692.jpg (540x517, 34K)

holy shit you are so buttmad, you do follow that pua shit dont you? are you mad because you can't hide it?
>sure, this definitely sounds like an argument in good faith. accept the fact you were btfo.
bro take it easy dont btfo man whoa lmao
>cope my man. why else would you be posting in this thread anyway?
because i love arguing with people exactly like you. you're all try hard tough guys that give vapid dipshit advice and i find it hilarious. you're like a stock character that just repeats empty bullshit he heard some other fucking idiot say

lol i literally look like a loser. none of what you are saying has basis in reality. people arent as mean as everyone here makes them out to be. seems like most people here have an issue with projecting their shortcomings and shit personality on everyone else.

you have to talk to them first my smooth brained friend.
lmao s e e t h i n g

from my limited experience the only way to *pick up* women at the bar is to have another event serve as the conduit. unlike what this retard says, you're unlikely to be perceived as anything other than a weirdo if you show up to a bar yourself and start approaching random girls, groups.

imo the best way to do it is to go to a sports bar, while a mega popular event like Superbowl or something is going on. the popularity of the event will drive in even people who generally aren't super enthused about the event, and it helps smooth over any possible awkwardness. I suppose stuff like cigar lounges or other places where people are expected to go alone and mingle with random strangers might be OK too, but you're unlikely to meet single girls there as it's mostly older crowds.

Well, she's right. Most girls dress up and go to bars/clubs NOT to get with guys, but because they like the feeling of people staring at them and never getting a taste. Its a power trip for girls and they like going there and dancing with their friends and rejecting everyone. Its like if you were a rich dude and were able to walk around and feel richer than everyone else.

I did all of that. Shaved. Cut my hair short. Washed my face. Even got my teeth fixed. This was a normal part of life for me. Thing is I am skinny so my body is 0/10, and I have a jew nose, bad cheek bones, and just general shitty face structure. Also have nothing in common with women despite the fact I go outside, hike, ski, do active things. I have friends male and female who find me interesting. But I am still a literal 3/10.

imagine doing all that and still losing

Attached: 5awrtwb309f31.jpg (800x800, 93K)

>from my limited experience the only way to *pick up* women at the bar is to have another event serve as the conduit. unlike what this (You) retard says, you're unlikely to be perceived as anything other than a weirdo if you show up to a bar yourself and start approaching random girls, groups.
this is because you lack confidence. i might be "retarded," but i'm still the one here getting laid and you aren't. why is that user?
>imo the best way to do it is to go to a sports bar, while a mega popular event like Superbowl or something is going on.
dude nobody wants to talk to people while a game is going on, what fucking planet are you on?
>dude just interrupt people while they're watching a game as important to them as the super bowl, it'll totally work
fucking kek

>this is because you lack confidence. i might be "retarded," but i'm still the one here getting laid and you aren't. why is that user?

no, you're probably just good looking. your overrating your confidence and personality. throughout this thread all you have demonstrated was how much of a boisterous bitch you are and thats pretty much it

>not going to clubs to be an insane dance machine

>this is because you lack confidence.
I've never seen anyone show up solo and pick up random women in a bar. you're watching too many movies retard

>dude nobody wants to talk to people while a game is going on, what fucking planet are you on?
yeah because Superbowl is 5 hours of non stop action without time for people to chit chat and banter between each other. girls in particular don't want to have their Superbowl watching Interrupted. what a fucking retard, have you ever actually been in a bar, party, etc?

Lemme deconstruct everything you just said my guy, and assume I speak for all girls when i say these things.

>Dresses up and goes to the bar
I don't go to bars, I go to clubs with my friends so I can dance and have fun. With my friends. I dress up because i rarely have a chance to and I enjoy doing it.
>pretends she doesn't want to be hit on
I don't want to be hit on. Don't assume every woman who's dressed up is dressed up because she wants male attention. Lesson #1
>deliberately put out signs
Going to clubs and dancing with friends is not deliberate signage
> pleasure in shaming/insulting those that approach you
I take pleasure in shaming/Insulting guys who approach me disrespectfully and creepily. I will laugh about those men behind their backs and get them kicked out of clubs. They deserve it (and no I don't mean any ugly man who approaches me is auto disrespect you incels)

From everything you've said i can assume you are, in fact, that one creep who creepily hits on women, wont leave them alone, and then gets pissy when asked to leave because she was 'asking for it'.

And since you didn't take my advice I can assume you're too far gone.

>no, you're probably just good looking.
except i'm not. i live life on nightmare mode. there's literally no excuse as to why nobody here could replicate what i'm doing.
>throughout this thread all you have demonstrated was how much of a boisterous bitch you are and thats pretty much it
i've been called retard, boisterous bitch, accused of using pua, watching mannersphere videos (whatever that is), and wanting to fuck homeless people. try again.
>I've never seen anyone show up solo and pick up random women in a bar. you're watching too many movies retard
cope. how would you know if they came by themselves if they're talking to people?
>yeah because Superbowl is 5 hours of non stop action without time for people to chit chat and banter between each other.
i never said it was nonstop action. the most conversation you'll get in these scenarios are related to football. moving the topic off of the conversation at hand is extremely autistic in scenarios like these. the goal is trying to get laid, right? rattling off football stats during commercial breaks isn't going to get you anywhere close to this.
>girls in particular don't want to have their Superbowl watching Interrupted.
so you just hover around and wait until a commercial like a sperg? sounds about right.
>what a fucking retard, have you ever actually been in a bar, party, etc?
have you? because everything you've asserted is absolutely abysmal. what you're suggesting is that some autist show up to a sports bar, only talk during commercial breaks / half time, and essentially just hover there while the game is going on. this is the worst possible advice i've ever seen anyone give on here relating to picking up women. it's so atrocious that i know you've never done it, because most people watch the game in relatively large(r) groups. good luck breaking through the barrier between all of the normalniggers blocking the way. also,
>sports
>r9k
lol it's time to leave

>If your skin is bad, go to a dermatologist.
>If your teeth are bad, go to a dentist.
Expecting people to have healthcare...

because i'm hungover and apparently can't click a button

>imagine doing all that and still losing
Like This is not a cure-all, but it does eliminate the easiest-to-eliminate problems. If you've got a fucked personality you're still screwed, but at least looking good gets you in the door.

Because if you are attractive it's really fucking easy and you are taking advice from attractive people.

They have no experience of not being attractive, so their simple brains cannot comprehend that for other people it's more complicated than going LITERATELY ANYWHERE and talking to LITERALLY ANYONE.

>except i'm not. i live life on nightmare mode. there's literally no excuse as to why nobody here could replicate what i'm doing.
if that's true then you're just picking up girls that are ugly as fuck, or you're just full of shit and you're going to say you're picking up hot girls.
wheres your magnetic personality and confidence? i'm not seeing anything like that. how about you try and pick me up? think you can?

You know you could just reject their advances, you stuck up bitch.

It's perfectly reasonable to talk try to talk to women in places like clubs and bars. And no, you don't speak for all women.

>you don't go to a bar to be miserable

Attached: Zhdun.jpg (1024x1280, 99K)

>You know you could just reject their advances, you stuck up bitch.

The thing about creepy guys is, they don't take a kind 'No' or a 'please leave us alone' or a 'please don't touch me' for an answer fren.

And idk, maybe not. Probably speak for a vast majority though

>please don't hit on girls in clubs we do not want it

>cope. how would you know if they came by themselves if they're talking to people?
only a retard wouldn't notice someone entering a bar/pub and then going from table to table, striking up conversations

>the most conversation you'll get in these scenarios are related to football.
have you ever seen a group of girls showing up to an event that they're not really interested in? they're dying to talk about anything other than bunch of retards chasing after a bowl. they'll show up to these events for FOMO and try to make the best out of it. even the majority of guys won't give a shit unless they're fans of the teams playing. Jeez have you ever been to a Superbowl house party? you'll hear more people talking about whatever capeshit movie is playing atm or their jobs or whatever than about which wide receiver is on fire.

you're mentioning hovering around large groups of people, but then suggest you yourself are doing that, going in alone and supposedly striking up conversation with people, when I've never witnessed it first hand or know anyone who regularly does it. most people will show up with a group of people, then maybe meet other people who showed up with their own group of friends. not you apparently, you walk into a dive bar, order a shot of rotgut and strike up a conversation with a pick up line

If you're ugly they will

I'm not an attractive guy by any stretch (plus, I'm a 174cm manlet) but things like are the difference between being seen as a rapist or someone who can hold a conversation.

If you're dressed well, if your friends are dressed well, if everyone looks like they're having a good time, then you look like a fun, normal, well adjusted guy and women will be receptive.

Of course, you can still fuck it up by botching your introduction, but that's up to you.

i'm pretty sure that user is just a creeper that thinks he's a player

>if that's true then you're just picking up girls that are ugly as fuck
nah, they aren't.
>or you're just full of shit and you're going to say you're picking up hot girls.
sure.
>wheres your magnetic personality and confidence?
yet here you are, hinged on every reply i make.
>i'm not seeing anything like that.
lol yet you still reply. funny, that.
>how about you try and pick me up? think you can?
nah, i prefer women (female; which is important) that aren't clingy. maybe some robot would be interested. good luck to you!
>only a retard wouldn't notice someone entering a bar/pub and then going from table to table, striking up conversations
dive bars don't really have enough room for tables all like that. maybe in the back, but i prefer to sit at the actual bar itself.

look, instead of parsing out everything you just said, i'm going to make this very simple. how is just showing up and sitting at the bar without any idealized event such as the super bowl and talking to people so difficult for you to grasp? like, essentially, what you're saying is that there needs to be some kind of prelude before anyone make any attempts to talk to someone else and i disagree. we both know that those idealized situations never work out how we plan them to.
>not you apparently, you walk into a dive bar, order a shot of rotgut and strike up a conversation with a pick up line
well... yeah, except with no pick up line. i just literally ask them how their day is going. there's absolutely no magic to this. sometimes people just want to feel heard my dude. there doesn't need to be any kind "setup" or pick up lines. just talk to people like they're another human being. ask them questions without interrogating them. laugh with them. there's really no game to this. it's just being a human.

>nah, they aren't.
Could you prove it? Pic of a girl you've talked to?

the more you post the more of a fraud you become lmao. you really need to give up.
>bro im ugly as fuck but i get so much hot girl pussy bro
lmao holy shit give up

Who pays attention to see who you walk in with? You could easily say oh my friends left early.

Another thing about creepy guys is that they are practically nonexistent.
Anyone could tell you that a bar is a social place, and that it's not somehow only men who go there to get to know others. You're throwing a completely unreasonable tantrum over completely reasonable behaviour.

>well... yeah, except with no pick up line. i just literally ask them how their day is going. there's absolutely no magic to this. sometimes people just want to feel heard my dude.
This is where your story tell apart. This is nonsense.

Im willing to be she was very loud and obnoxious while all over him. Milfs are terrible for this. I think they get off on having people see them with a young guy.

Like imagine ordering a drink and while youre talking to the bartender the milf is at your side facing you. Gets inches away from your face while shes rubbing her entire body on you, closing her eyes moaning. Say shit like hmmm baby. Like who the fuck does that. The only thing I can compare it to is if a teenage girl was out with her celebrity crush.

Fuck off you fucking female redditor. Why can't you feminist fatties stay away from male spaces?

You sound like someone who might be found in a ditch on the side of the road with severe bruising around your neck. Idk why, you just give off that aura. It's creepy actually.

>I think they get off on having people see them with a young guy.
This is only part of it. They are also experienced enough to know that younger guys are completely dense when it comes to reading signals, so they turn it up to 11.

A younger woman sends subtler signals like lowering her head and looking up at you, playing with her hair, sitting with her toes pointed inward, becoming deferential in conversation. The MILF knows this is pointless and goes straight to putting her hand on your thigh.

>practically nonexistent
80% of the men who have hit on me in clubs have been creepy men. And that percentage is the same for my other friends who are female, regardless of how attractive they are themselves or how attractive the men are.
>You're throwing a completely unreasonable tantrum
My tantrum is telling you guys to not pick up women at the bar because i know, as a woman myself, that unless you are a 10/10 man, it will not work. Ok?
>over completely reasonable behaviour.
I have been groped, pinched and literally boxed in at clubs and had to have been rescued by my friends. I'm not sure that's reasonable behaviour?

Why are you taking such offense to me telling my experiences and giving advice based on those experiences?

>male spaces?
Insofar as a board full of NEET permavirgins is a "male space"

this was meant for not

Would you prefer to simply have something slipped in your drink? That's not as aggressive.

I would actually prefer if men would leave me alone, surprisingly.

Well that's not happening unless you start going to dyke bars.

Agreed. There are always Chads surrounding girls. Every time I went to a bar, there are never girls alone or approachable.

>subtler signals like lowering her head and looking up at you, playing with her hair, sitting with her toes pointed inward, becoming deferential in conversation
This is gold. What other sort of signals should I be looking for?

I wonder how much self awareness you need to lack for something like this to work

>I have been groped, pinched and literally boxed in at clubs and had to have been rescued by my friends. I'm not sure that's reasonable behaviour?
This is why a lot of women prefer online dating.
It gives them a lot more agency and they can get out of an uncomfortable situation quickly and easily without worrying about the guy getting violent or something.

Gay bars are a great place to go actually. Gay women are super respectful and generally know how to take no for an answer. I do enjoy gay bars. Thanks for the tip though.

Shut your cake hole you two bit slag

even if you are good looking, and they see you are alone, that will turn them off. women will assume you're a loser.

what the heck. fuCK THIS SHIT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY DIDNT NO ONE TELL ME EARLIER

Attached: 4mkk1n4s8vk21.jpg (641x530, 41K)

You're fucking stupid. If you're average looking, you have a much better chance at a bar or club opposed to Tinder because you can actually let your personality shine as opposed to being instantly disregarded because of your looks.

Do you need this book, fren? Its helped many an angry user in its time.

Attached: 61lSA8I94pL._AC_SY400_.jpg (400x400, 49K)

>just talk to women like they're human bro
>incels immediately start seething
>one girl (male) still hinges on my words
lmfao pottery

Attached: hypercope.jpg (4032x3024, 1.63M)

That's a positive way of looking at it. But most girls at clubs and bars are so sick of creepy men they're likely to ignore you or ask you to go away pretty much instantly.

i spent a period in my mid 20s going to different bar almost every other night, sometimes alone, sometimes with a friend, sometimes with a group

every once in a blue moon a decently attractive women would strike up a conversation with me but I usually would end up spilling my spaghetti everywhere. I'd try approaching women every so often and I would say I got shot down maybe 75% of the time. of those resections I'd say a good third of them the women recoiled in absolute disgust at me. i never got laid. made out with twice, both times with some pretty drunk girls. got some numbers but never followed up.

I'd say I'm about average to below average in looks, living in a very large very competitive city crawling with chads everywhere. this was pre tinder days as well. I'd imagine it's much more difficult now.

basically you have to be chad. if you're not chad don't even bother. going to a bar is just so you can drown your sorrows and get rip roaring drunk, nothing else.

>every once in a blue moon a decently attractive women would strike up a conversation with me but I usually would end up spilling my spaghetti everywhere.
>basically you have to be chad. if you're not chad don't even bother
so you're chad

>let your personality shine

No one on this website has anything resembling a good personality, don't trick yourself.

Holy shit. Can everyone chill on the greentext? I get it, everyone is arguing with each other on completely unrelated topics but jesus christ you don't have to quote everything, I'm pretty sure we are all capable of piecing together what each of us is talking about/responding to.

Not gonna lie. That's horrific.

Attached: original_do_not_steal.png (756x756, 672K)

chads have sex without even trying. chads have women beat each other up to go home with him for a night.

i tried and never had sex

>dude nobody wants to talk to people while a game is going on, what fucking planet are you on?
What? Of course they do. Maybe not about mundane bullshit, but def about the sport or whats going on. It's a great to meet people given the context

good on you for making the effort. at least you got to make out with some girls, although the failure rate is still depressingly high.

me personally, i have gone to bars alone a lot. a woman has literally never, ever came up to talk to me. i kind of just assumed it never happens. this was always post-tinder though

>i live life on nightmare mode
lol

what kind of bars do you frequent?

you basically have to seek out semi classy wine bars crawling with unironic depressed cool wine aunts, they tend to be desperate and really throw themselves at dudes, you'll probably strike out once you open your mouth and they realize you're a weirdo sperge who lurks on Jow Forums but at least you have a fighting chance

Ofc no woman is going to approach you if you're on your own, dumbass.

not really, women are much more open to you if you're alone then if you're in a group ironically enough