Are imageboards dying?

are imageboards dying?
i've had some quality boards to lurk on 8ch but since it got taken down it made me think: compared to even 2-3 years before there is hardly anything happening here and same holds true for basically any other chan
where are all the fun things happening now?

Attached: 1335028382616.jpg (1000x750, 230K)

Faggots like you are what killed them. All you want is fun highlights. When that doesn't happen you fill the board with shit.

folks went to small atomized discord communities that reinforce their existing ideals

this board had been declining heavily since 2010 but 2016 was the year for me when my usage has slowed to the point of not coming here for months at a time

tldr normies saw, came, conquered, turned it to shit and are leaving to do it all over again somewhere else

> are leaving to do it all over again somewhere else
so your telling me there's hope

There is but the old guard neckbeards left this place or went to greener pastures (death).

Yes. Just like BBS before it. The bigger issue is the anonymized internet is dying. Places like reddit are pushing harder and harder for REAL NAME ID. And I can't find my peers anymore. Even the remnants of this place are full of edgy 19 year olds.
The future is truly grim.
God I wish that were me.

>8ch but since it got taken down.
I heard they release a .onion on the tor proxy net.

(((Stallman))) never even posted on Jow Forums the fuck kike pervert

Attached: 1552781560543.png (333x365, 192K)

I fuckinf hope so your retardedv niggers

t. inane person

Corporations just want to monetize the data on social media. That is difficult to do with anonymous users. So this push for IDs is going from them.
There will always be a demand for anonymous social media from consumers, however.

I just don't have the time to shitpost like I used to. In between work and lawschool, just not much time to fit it in.And honestly I really shouldn't be on right now anyway. Fuckin' torts man.

Yes, but governments are trying to bully them away. That's what happened to 8ch. People post manifestos and shit to facebook and reddit and nothing. 8ch has it happen to them and it gets shoa'd.

Imageboards starting dying a long time ago user... honestly probably more than a decade ago.

Imageboards are just a medium though user. The key is to connect socially with like-minded people. Places like here are low effort but the quality isn't great either. More and more I'm hanging out on tech oriented communities and smaller niche websites.

I haven't really seen Jow Forums have much of an original thought since 2015 when there was a sort of Renaissance of conservative thought. That was 4 years ago. Nowadays it's rare here to find somebody who contests the idea that you're a loser if you're not an extrovert who has sex with lots of women and has a ton of children. Even on a board chock full of introverts with painful hereditary conditions. People here are so intensely conformist lest they be accused of being a "normie" or "reddit". They just uselessly parrot other peoples ideas.

Probably the main thing that brings me back is the common experiences we've lived through in life.

The government did not shut down infinity, it was NGOs (and probably SV tech companies) pressuring their hosts.

The last post they gave was about meeting with the government and then dead silence. Guy's probably at a blacksite right now.

Textboards were always better than imageboards, but those are even more dead.

I need to find a good tech community, but I do not know any.

This place is very negative, true. Nobody needs that 24/7.

Trump signed some bills into law making websites responsible for what is posted on their website.

hey user, edgy 18 year old here, you don't have to despise us so much, we feel the same doom as you, at least some of us...

I don't really hate you guys. I just can't relate to you anymore.