Don't feel like watching anime anymore, everything I try to watch feels dull

Don't feel like watching anime anymore, everything I try to watch feels dull.

Attached: 20190825_225626.png (403x403, 63K)

Maybe stop watching it 12 hours a day?

Gotta take it easy so you don't burn yourself out

go watch some of the older stuff.

Read some manga, should be an unlimited amount of content available compared to the quantity of anime. That's what I'm planning to do once i have time. Although I have no idea what sites to recommend nor if even 10% of manga gets translated.

Film has its own language to it, Different cultures will have different interpretations of that language, which can make anime feel a lot more interesting to watch than western shows your more familiar with.

Now that you're as familiar as you are with anime, it's easier to read. Either apply what you learned, or find another variation of film language. Netflix has a bunch of weird ass Korean cartoons (made in blender apparently), and of course french cartoons have their own brand of weeb to them and even do a few collaborative works with Japanese studios.

Or you could read manga. There's a shit ton of stuff that'll never be adapted into anime in a million years, so you might get caught off guard.

Do you feel dull all the time or is it just when watching anime? Because if it's all the time then it could be a thiamine deficiency, since a lack of thiamine causes damage in the amygdala.

I'm not
Like what? I tried a lot of older stuff from 2000s and 2010s but can't find anything I would binge. The only show I binged was Prison School but even that I watched because I already watched some clips of it and bursted out laughing so I just wanted to know the plot of it.
That's what I'm doing but no manga I read comes close to aku no hana or masturbation master kurosawa. I mainly read stuff when I find the art interesting or the character designs likable. Same goes for anime, I feel like I'm someone who just likes the art side of it but that's just a bonus, not always a reason to keep watching.

I feel the same regarding Manga.

Hard to find something worth reading. And the ones that are good just feels like stuff I've read before.

Everything is the same shit, books, movies, manga, just retelling of the same formulas.

It's hard to enjoy anything anymore.

Attached: 1547320299141.gif (560x315, 1.33M)

Me reading my first Isekai LN : Holy shit this is kinda great!
Me reading my 20th LN : Holy shit, this shit is exactly the same shit as the previous shit.
Notable exceptions: Kumo desu, Konosuba (my first one).

>older stuff from 2000s and 2010s
thats not old at all. I mean late 70s to early 90s stuff. tomino, imagawa, some obari, some oishii are good directors who've made a slew of work. 2000s isn't old at all.

also matsumoto shows like harlock 1979 and galaxy express 999.

Maybe you shouldn't invest most of your time in anime.

fuck your taste is so goddamn limited. Try bokurano manga, go nagai, getter robo, fukumoto manga, etc.

Same
Haven't watched any new anime in 4 years and even stopped watching my backlog 2 years ago
Now I only read manga anymore but somehow that's as fun as ever, guess it's an anime only problem for me

Same. Can't bring myself to focus on a series for longer than a few episodes, and it's not just anime. I can still enjoy clips on youtube though, and I think it's because those only show interesting tidbits without being bogged down by a bigger story.

(Re)watch something dumb, but with action. Accel World should do.

that sounds like the worst idea
it's trash like this that made me fall out of love with anime in the first place

I have only watched like 1 show a year for a very long time, I don't think I have actually enjoyed anime since I was a teenager over 10 years ago. I only come here out of habit

Actually I recently liked a short anime called kanamewo.
I can't into 70s shows because of the animation and dropped Patlabor after an episode when I tried getting into 80s ova. I liked the art, animation, and soundtrack of GITS but I just didn't enjoy any other aspect of it. So I end up being put off by 80s and 90s shows.

Cute murderer

I don't know what to tell you man, you can either get over it an watch some older shows or keep watching guilty pleasures and wonder why you don't seem engaged with them. Drink a little bit if you absolutely can't stand the animation, it might help.

Just give it a break and rewatch an old show that you liked and haven't seen in a long time.

I'm going to do just that now and put on Excel Saga.

dumb zoomer

What anime do you watch? Maybe try something new?