Starting uni

Start uni tomorrow anons. Any tips/advice?

Attached: monkas.png (1200x675, 211K)

If you don't socialize and make friends within the first week and a half you're going to be fucked for the whole year.

don't panic
it's everyone's first day of the new semester
put the max effort you can into your hygiene, shave, brush teeth, mouthwash, tongue scraper, aftershave, shower, deodorant (not in this order but you understand right?)
arrive early so you can explore campus and figure out where your classes are

Find a fellow autist and battle them to become the dominate autist

I'll try. Hopefully I don't spill my spaghetti.

Helpful, thanks!

If I can find the bastard I will.

This. I'm a senior in uni and haven't done any of the normal college things people do. I don't have any friends, still never had a girlfriend, never been to any parties. Even if you're an autist you will have plenty of chances to make friends. Make an effort to go out of your comfort zone.

Yeah, sit at the front of the class because thats where the prettiest girls sit. Then you can chat them up.

How do I make friends? School starts next Tuesday for me.

In class just do your work, sit in the back just so you avoid people seeing any autistic behavior or anxiety from you.
Talking to the professors after class about questions you had is seen as a good thing, professors like students that are wanting to learn more. If you're stuck and don't sperg when talking to people, I suggest it.
Join clubs for socializing and meeting people, in class or on campus you likely wont talk to anybody.
Just do your best to pass, learn some new things, and try to make some pals on the side in clubs. It is scary as fuck for a lot of people on their first day, you'll see some retard chads with their friend group from high school but just ignore those. They're a loud minority

This user sounds like a fucking cuck, don't listen to him

Do your work, socialize, go to events, network. It's that simple. If you have shit tier social skills, you're going to have a very bad time unless you're smart as fuck to compensate and even then having brains doesn't guarantee you shit but a degree with high marks.

I'm doing some coursework right now, if you have any specific questions just respond to this post with them and I'll answer.
For reference I'm a junior undergraduate, have gone through community college, and have done every type of class structure.

Attached: 1506296189360.jpg (900x820, 95K)

based niggas sit in the front of the class, nice advice user

Looking forward to embarrassing myself, I'll give a shit though. Know any good openers to say?

What do you mean by autistic behavior? I'm not too sperg, so hopefully I'll be alright. I don't want to sit in the back either because that kind of comes off as "I don't want anyone near me or trying to talk to me." I'm looking to try to make myself more outgoing.

finding your niche and finding other Jow Forums fags is key, my uni's actually lucky in that they don't have a bunch of normies. put a decent amount of effort into your work but don't put too much pressure on yourself. if your uni has free counseling i would highly recommend that too

Okay, awesome! Thanks first of all. I have art appreciation, humanities, and US history. What can you tell me about those?

I went through r8 my prof and apparently one of my professors is bad about jumping around all the time. He also evidently makes you read the entire text book. I believe that he's either the humanities or history teacher. Any advice there?

Like life counseling or any sort of counseling? They have different types there I believe.

>finding other Jow Forums fags is key
how do you find them?

Me too fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
I'm nervous

Attached: 1565319293419.png (646x595, 323K)

I dropped out and put a degree on my resume anyway. it works

read rmp reviews like a bible, they're the only thing saving you from getting a fucked up education

I am too dude. We got this though. Ain't nothin but a..

I forgot how the saying goes but you get the point.

talk to as many freshman as possible. most people no longer have their friend groups from highschool and will be desperate for new friends.
if you're spending more than 12 hours a day in your dorm room during this first week then you're doing something wrong.

same i have to wake up in 6 hours, I'm debating whether to commit seppuku. Only reasons I'm in uni is so my parents don't kick me out. I want to make music as a living but I'm shit at it so it's quite an unrealistic goal at the moment. I don't know what else to do.

not OP but i found them through the schools discord
its pretty easy to tell who is and who isnt as you may imagine lol

believe me, you'll find them. a couple of my hallmates are like that and we just talked about Jow Forums shit all night
>inb4 go back to your containment board

we'll make it through bros, it may be hard but we will grow stronger as a result. Push through the first day and we hopefully should feel less uneasy for the next.
Maybe we should have /uni/ generals for the lads to discuss their days at uni and give advice

>Jow Forums
you can talk about jews in uni without getting kicked out?

you can talk about anything as long as the wrong people dont hear you
just refrain from autism in the common rooms and youll be fine

This all sounds like fairly easy stuff.

For your art appreciation course, it's important to figure out what exactly your professor is looking for in terms of participation and assignment execution. For example, if a response should be a paragraph, I strongly consider writing two to three instead of one, just to shore up the possibility you've responded to what they're looking for. Art/creative professors are always a bit tricky to lock down and figure out, my best advice for these (and all professors) is to ask for an example response that would earn a 10/10 on an assignment and see the strong points of understanding they're looking for.
>Humanities
An absolute wash. Have a pulse, attend class on time, and respond to each assignment and you'll pass.
>U.S. History
Are you in the United States? If you are then this course should also be piss easy.
My biggest advice is to learn how to extrapulate information from context. A lot of professors of histories ask their students to think and write as if they were historians, and a large chunk of that is understanding the context and timeframe in which the document you're evaluating was written. It isn't just understanding that Benjamin Franklin belonged to an abolitionist society, for example, it's understanding that at the time abolitionist societies were extremely niche and viewed as ridiculous during the foundation period for the United States. I recommend trying to find as many essays and video essays as possible to teach yourself how to think like a historian.
>Rambling professor who asks us to read
That's half of all college professors. If you're spending money to be in the class you should actually want to read the entire textbook. Learning how to read nonfiction quickly is one of the best things you can do for yourself, try to challenge yourself to read an entire chapter in a short period of time and write a summary afterward. Summarize everything you read, it helps with reading comprehension.

Attached: 1552333190186.png (500x634, 164K)

finding any of the faggots from this site is the last thing you want to do. you'll pretty much brand yourself as a loser for the rest of your college career.

I might try that. I'd definitely love to hear from others and get encouragement/advice. If anyone else does it before me though I'm cool with that too.

I'd much rather have some robot comrades to shitpost and talk feels with after each class than normalfag "friends"

Thanks user
AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU GUYS

Damn, good advice and reassuring. Thanks very much! I'll try to improve my ability to read quickly but still get the information. I like the advice about writing several paragraphs is it's they're asking for one too. I'll keep that in mind. (In fact I'll probably save this)

Any advice on note-taking?

basically this. i don't hate jews btw, just people that exert unnecessary control over others and then play the victim, which a good chunk of jewish elites do

Just kill yourself at the start so you aren't disappointed looking back at how the biggest thing you looked forward to in college was a gf but you graduated without going on a single date.

just start talking to people. Most people have the same idea of they must make friends so it is easy even if you are autist. The real hard part in maintaining the friendship

Same. Going to uni after having served 4 years in the army and have no clue how to act around kids these days. 22yo tho

>going to college for a gf
the fuck would I do that for? I'm going to college because it was either this or become a wagie, and this sounded like the lesser of two evils.

Attached: 1566581277310.jpg (259x194, 9K)

The only person reading your notes is you so develop a method of writing that only includes key words or phrases that make sense to you. For example if I'm writing about an event, I'll just jot down something to the affect of the date, important name, and action, so instead of
>On Sunday, August 25th, I worked an eight hour shift then slept for eight hours
I'd write
>8/25/19 user work 8 hr -> sleep 8 hr
time efficiency is extremely important. It's a waste of time to write full sentences when note-taking

Attached: 67139.jpg (620x400, 33K)

Don't sweat man. At 22 you're around the same age as everyone else and there will still be people way older than you.

what do younger people like these days? politics? guns and shit?

Attached: thumb_wojak-feels-guy-image-gallery-sorted-by-favorites-list-53591257.png (300x253, 31K)

>8/25/19 user work 8 hr -> sleep 8 hr
not sure if its just me but i have to write in full sentences because it takes me too long to figure out what these shortened sentences say when im looking at my notes weeks or months later

My dorm mate had a friend over and he recognized my Pepe drawing on my whiteboard that had ">tfw fell for the comp sci meme" written on the side. He said he was a /b/ tard though and now that I think about it, I can see it.

Guns n shit? More like guns n roses LMAO

the new rave is super smash brothers melee

Crap

meant for

>6th and last year starts tomorrow
>slacked off and didnt get a job over the summer
>financial aid got cut in half because I forgot to apply for some stuff I usually do
>had to pay out of pocket and ask my mom for the ~1300 remaining
>$380 left in my bank account
>parking pass is 340
Well I guess I can buy the $80 monthly pass, but Im cutting it close and no jobs are getting back to me. Fuck I wish I had gotten a job before summer

Youre a military fag so you are probably going to a community college then transferring. Half of all community college students are military, moms going back to school, and 30 year olds who've been there since high school "trying to find something they like"

Yeah I start cc tomorrow. Plan on showing up to class tipsy

Meh as a 30 year old I just wanna be sure I am not seen as the creepy old man

why is financial aid so cancer? they make you fill out like 50 fucking things you have to send to like 20 different people to even get your money

>not parking a distance away and walking to school
Are you a lazy fat fuck or do you go to school in some third-world shithole country?

If you're waitlisted for a class, attend the first session anyways. Be proactive and involved (not excessively), and talk to the professor at the end of the session about wanting to be taken off the waitlist. It might depend on the temperament of the prof, but the one time I tried it this worked for me.

>took a semester break after high school, started college in 2017
>bumbled my way into a full-ride scholarship at community college
>make zero effort to make friends the entire time I'm there, stay really friendly while in class but just fuck off home afterward
>got three associate degrees this past spring due to taking a wide variety of classes
>applied for university, got into the program I wanted
>bumbled my way into a full-ride at one of the most expensive schools in the state
>starting in person classes tomorrow
Should I attempt to make friends or just continue being a student-monk who focuses on creating ties with professors and actually doing work?

Attached: 1549316674751.jpg (745x883, 78K)

>be 30
>it's my last semester for my bachelor's degree
>decided a month ago that I want to join the military not only to pay off my debts (up to $50k), but to get in shape and hopefully get deployed to kill some shitskins
>will automatically move up 3 ranks after basic due to having a 4-year degree and I'm also guaranteed a job
>they will pay for 100% of any master's or PHD classes that I decide to take

Why the fuck don't more people do this? I'm legit confused why I'm one of the few that have decided to join after college.

Attached: R9WHaXap_400x400.jpg (400x400, 23K)

Go to the club fair, sign up for a few clubs, go to their open houses, and stick with one. Trust me no one cares if you've never done anything relating to the club in your life before they're just happy that you want to join. You'll make easy friends and learn something fulfilling. Best thing I ever did

If you aren't going for enlisted and instead going for an officer program in the military without having initially been enlisted you're going to be literally beaten and spat on by the enlisted members below you, to the point where you're going to be physically assaulted until you leave the military. They have nothing but contempt for you if you haven't been in their situation and the U.S. military turns a complete blind eye to your suffering.

show up to all your lectures and classes
do all your homework
apply to internships after your second year
do not drop out
shut up retard

Dont do what I did. I started doing coke every night and going to a shit ton of parties yeah I fucked a lot of girls but I also failed all my classes freshman year had to drop out now I am a neet loser. Find a nice friend group who takes their shit seriously and enjoy your time there. Be better then me user

Uni relationships NEVER last after everyone is graduated, or have dropped out (only 50% of students graduate fyi). Keep doing what you're doing man.

I dont know its fucking retarded. I normally get all my college paid for but I got fucked real hard. I guess its my fault but I hate government so much its not even funny anymore.
>wanting to work for the jews
Haha no thanks. Actually I kind of want to join to gain combat/training experience but I dont like being yelled at.
Unfortunately my state college is the kind people apply to when they cant get into anywhere else, and is pretty small for my state so theres not a lot of clubs and ones like the anime/gaming club are filled with normalfags. We also dont really have any competitive sports either it sucks.

I'm definitely going enlisted, but I'm also going for officer after I've been enlisted for about a year.

this

yu wont have another chance i your life

Dont sweat it, had a lot of 30-40 somethings in a Tech Physics class and wasnt creeped out at all (Im a faggot 19 yr old twink for comparison), only person who did make me uncomfortable was a very tall 50-60 yr old boomer who sat right next to me in a 20% full computer lab and tried talking to me a few times.

I don't know what the fuck I'm gonna do. I'll probably be able to get through it but I'm pretty much just going to be miserable for at least the entire first year. I'm not interested in socializing, and I'm incapable of doing it even if I wanted to. Worried about my classes, if I'm prepared, my professors, everything basically. Only going because it's really important to my parents and I love them too much to let them down. Not sure if I should just choose a major that will get me a good job or say fuck it and take the classes that interest me and end up poor and in debt for the rest of my life. It all costs so much, it's stressing me out.

Attached: image.jpg (1024x839, 99K)

I had a friend like that in the last years of high school. Indeed I was branded as a loser but I went through classes laughing and shitposting irl.
Now in the first year of uni I only have normalfag friends and it's just boring every day. I'd rather be back at being a loser and having fun. Didn't get gf either way so...

Incredibly relatable user.
I've got no fucking clue what I'm doing either, im just doing this to please my parents and expectations of society. I'm worried about almost every aspect, yet have no reason to at the same time.
Fuck anxiety

Attached: 164179174.jpg (600x553, 25K)

fucking sad and relatable. i dropped out for 2 years, now going back tomorrow to community college bc i knew how disappointed my mom was in me. i have no fucking clue what i want to study, what i want as a job, or anything. i wish i had a few goals and dreams but i dont so ill just pretend for my parents sake

>stay the fuck out of your room, only enter to sleep and grab shit you need
>find a good spot on campus to study
>find a good bathroom to poop in (low traffic and clean)
>go to your professor's office hours, even if the class is easy just make sure they can match your name to a face, they'll be more likely to bump you up a grade if you need it
>find a group of people in every one of your classes to study/do homework with
>join a club for something you already do, and a club for something you've never done before
>write a good resume and always go to every job fair and talk to as many people as possible, good for experience in a professional setting if nothing else, doesn't matter if you're a fucking freshman and they won't offer you shit just do it
>watch your diet and exercise, the freshman 15 isn't just a meme
>if you have a gf going into college break the fuck up with her, I don't care if you're not long distance

Above all else, realize that this isn't the pinnacle of your existence. Real life starts after you graduate. I was awkward as fuck for most of college but when I got out 3 years ago I moved across the country for my dream job and started thriving and making lots of friends. Uni will be the best 4 years of your life up to that point, but you'll be a lot happier if the years that follow are even better. Good luck to all the anons out there. Enjoy your time while it lasts, and know that it's okay to miss uni after you leave. If you do, it means you experienced some worthwhile shit.

Just get a business degree or something.

Did a similar thing for an AA then transferred to an expensive Uni near me. Not a full ride but I got enough that I wouldn't need student loans. My advice would be to maybe join a club or something along those lines, but focus on having a good relationship with your professors rather than your peers.

well, you're just delaying your wagecucking and your reward for finishing college is a much harder job for slightly more pay

kys normie, im not functional enough to do all that shit

>I've got no fucking clue what I'm doing either, im just doing this to please my parents and expectations of society.

I'm unironically a few straws away from saying "fuck it" and living in a hut in the woods

How bad will college be if I don't socialize at all? How about even if it's only for the first year? I live off campus. I literally can't do it. I can't make friends, I can't talk to people, I can barely stand being around them. I'm fine on my own, and am rarely lonely. It doesn't matter how many times someone tells me that it'll be great if I just step out of my comfort zone, I just can't do it

Attached: image.jpg (393x325, 38K)

grades are all that fucking matter. everyone saying "make friends real quick or you'll be in hell forever!" are autistic failed normie retards. just pass your classes and get good grades. parties are really fucking retarded if you're an introvert. you're not missing out on shit. GET GOOD GRADES

Attached: 20d99e6fe5d771d7e3fa13aef1591ec4.jpg (274x274, 10K)

YEAAAAAAHHHH BUDDY

AINT NOTHING BUT A PEANUT
AINT NOTHING BUT A PEANUT

YEAAAAAAAAHHHH BUDDY

i still have the suspicion that nepotism can get you farther than grades ever could. so going to the right parties just to rub elbows with the sons of powerful people might be worthwhile if you're the kind of shithead who is content in knowing that all he got in life is undeserved.

Same here. Live an hour away. Just gotta get good grades I guess. Dont really care about being the loner autist but being able to ask friends for help on assignments or compare shit is really helpful.

I live off campus 2 buddy freshman year. but it turned out fine. i made some autistic jewish jokes and now i have friends :)

Attached: bc4ed72a414ec873df9e014e0fd37353.jpg (420x534, 36K)

Don't let your flat mates know you're into cock and ball torture

I kind of agree, having dropped out. I had plenty of friends and an active social life.
I've done just fine without a degree. Better than literally everyone I know with a degree. But I went to uni to learn, not socialise. I wouldn't necessarily say I regret it, just that I wasted time and money

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
I'm so nervous I can't sleep!

Attached: 1552216357378.jpg (743x723, 198K)

theres nothing to be nervous about you just sit in a room and listen to the prof go over the course syllabus on the first day usually. just make sure you go very early to find out where all your classes are. to get good grades do not procrastinate keep up with the lectures 1-3 hours per hour of lecture.

This is really important, my best friends from high school are at my uni so I was safe, but if you dont latch on to a group in week 1 you will find it really hard to make friends

thats wrong. I was a totaly shy faggot the whole fist month or even longer but then acquired the stacy of my class as fuckbuddy

Someone answer OPs question about good openers please, I don know how to talk to ladies

Same man. Just woke up and cannot for the life of me go back to sleep. Halp.

immerse yourself in social activities as much as you can at the start, will make it alot easier to sustain friendships

It'll be okay guys. I would recommend you try to find something you enjoy first off, and then try to gauge what things you like that are more needed in the job market. Most of all, just try to relax.

You guys will honestly have it easier if you don't worry about socializing. Just focus on your grades and do well and I bet you'll come out pretty damn well.

>"What are you drinking?"
Wait for boring answer
>"Can I get you a [interesting/expensive drink]?"
Done.
She's essentially obligated to be in your presence while she drinks it provided you aren't getting creepy

holy fuck I wish I would have taken this advice when I was 18
I am 25 now and just now starting my senior year with zero friends anymore and living at my parents.

this, try to make small-talk with those around you

>just make sure you go very early to find out where all your classes are
I just bring a map and detailed schedule on the first day.

This, famalamadingdongdiddlio.

Attached: 1538246460869.png (257x305, 134K)

Majority of people act smart but are actually retarded.

Havent made any friends after 2 years still top of my class

This isn't wrong, but also don't just find people you only vaguely get-along-with. I'm going into 3rd year and I only made friends at the end of 2nd year. First 2 years were fucking miserable.

Attached: 491e76610a8cd39a88f765b659ee56fd.jpg (500x648, 35K)

Are you in CA user? I can be your big bro if you like... I'm a grad student.

Attached: comfy.png (317x321, 216K)

I was in halls the first year and we had a catered dining hall for meals. My tactic was to wait for the other spergs to sit in the darkest corner of the room (where I'd usually sit) then join them. Worked pretty well, I made a few friends and we had fun roasting this normie bitch who sat next to us about her views on Muslims and Jews.

Get with sorority girls you idiot.

Attached: sorority girls.png (800x885, 547K)