What does Jow Forums think of therapists/psychologists?

What does Jow Forums think of therapists/psychologists?

Attached: Screenshot_20190826-060909_Google.jpg (1439x799, 426K)

My normalfag parents force me to go to a therapist and it's a complete waste of time. Normalfags seem to think they fix everything but that is never the case. I just sit there for an hour feeling like an idiot while some guy gets paid hundreds of dollars to give me shitty advice.

>What does Jow Forums think of therapists/psychologists?

They work but you have to like cooperate. Take your meds. yadayada

I did therapy for the first time at like 4 or 5 years old, and was doing it on and off for the rest of my life. I even went outpatient and inpatient, and I never got better. Only worse. I cant help but feel like mental health professionals dont really get it. The medications I have been on before helped a little bit but it was nothing major. I am 21 now, and a NEET shut-in. I stopped seeing my last therapist 9 months ago. Im pretty sure I will never being doing it again. I want to say that therapy is a meme, but maybe Im just projecting. Maybe most mentally ill people can be helped by therapists and psychologists, Im not sure. But I cant be.

Waste of time if you make it so or if you're unlikely and have a shit tier therapist.

I would rather spend the money on plastic surgery.

You already don't understand therapy if you think the therapist is there to give you advice.He's there to help you arrive at your own conclusions. If you don't truly open up or apply whatever strategy he's suggesting to you,ofc you're going to fail.

I'm having a good time with therapy right now but it's a combination of having a therapist interesting enough that I can talk about my weird sex shit, and me being mentally strong enough to get a bit adversarial. You're paying to talk to somebody about the things you can't talk to other people about, but they're just other people. They don't have the power to fix your life.

I'm scared of them but that's because I'm a pedo

all normalfaggots that despise real robots

You ever got some diagnosis? If yes what has been found out?
I had ADHD as a kid and was extremely anxious, the teachers in school recommended meds, but in my country we don't really believe in psychological therapy and psychotropic drugs, especially my parents did not who just said "yeah, he just needs to grow out of it".
20 years later I'm a failure, always wondered if things could've turned out differently with meds.

It would be nice if I believed they worked but they are no different than asking for psychological help on chans. Does anyone really feel better talking about their problems here?

>truly opening up to a therapist/psychiatrist ever
>or anyone for that matter

Attached: 1469627857379.jpg (422x416, 64K)

I don't trust any of them. They aren't interested in your problem, only in your money. And I can hear "jst bee yosalf bruh" for free from my parents.

I don't want a therapist or a psychologist (don't know what sets them apart aside from one attempts to help you and the other tries to understand the human mind). I want a Misaki.
But deep down in that futile hope, I know that they don't exist.

Attached: DIG059358_1._SX1600_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1083x1650, 430K)

isnt it a bit like paying somebody to be your friend?
i mean youd never expect a friend to solve all of your lives problems but the process probably has value to some.

You have only yourself to blame user. How do you think they survived back then? Medicine wasnt available for this kind of stuff just a century ago and they turned out just fine.

they dont care, make you feel like an idiot and can only make you bored for a week if you end up in hospital. psychiatrists are same except they have the power to make you way worse with no consequences on their side and have the right to be dicks to you.

better than nothing but have fun being treated like a robot on default, robots aren't human.

>You have only yourself to blame user
its impossible to know that, how do you know he wasnt getting molested by a cult of pedo's or something? thats not his fault.
as always with these things the truth is subjective, though it is true that once into adulthood we have to become our own parents if we didnt have any.

also the lives people lead a century ago were not always 'fine', we had mental hospitals the size of football stadiums.

no. they dont solve anything and can't give you any intimacy like a fren would. theyre not supposed to get attached to you. theyre supposed to be your doctor and hope that you dont sperg out enough that you can't wageslave.

did therapist, big mistake. First one played fucking psycho games with me to get money. Second one just let me talk thinking that i would help myself....

My therapist is forcing me to get a driver's license, go to social events, and get on disability.
She's currently the only therapist that has attempted to help me.
Majority of therapists I've had are pretty much shit.

Psychologists can work wonders with therapy. Therapists are a scam. I saw an eclectic psychologist once a month for 8 months and cured my major depressive disorder. Technically I still have it, I just no longer suffer from it.

I can't open up about how bat-shit-insane I am! I don't want to get sent away to the nut hoouse!

They deserve respect, it is hard job

a person who's being paid to listen to my bullshit life and give meme advice.