Are you interested in history, Jow Forums?

Are you interested in history, Jow Forums?

Attached: 32452345235.jpg (563x724, 33K)

yes
now go to bed

Very much

no

yeah but i'm also lazy, stupid, and have an incredibly bad memory so yeah

You don't have to be good at it. Just being interested and reading up on stuff you find fascinating is more that enough.
But I'm not tired yet!
What period/country are you interested in?

well the thing is when you have an incredibly bad memory, reading things like history feels beyond pointless because you can't remember any of it

i love history

I like reading about the ice age and primitive stuff.

Attached: download.jpg (284x177, 11K)

Yes. Australia is the new Carthage.

No you dyke.

Not that much, but I guess it's still interesting from times to times ^^

Yes it's very interesting

I mean, I don't remember lots of the things I read on history 4-6 years ago. But I still had a good time dipping into it. Guess fun is the whole point, unless you want to be a historian.

There have been lots of inspiring people and events throughout mankind's history. Reading about those or maybe watching documentaries can be a real thrill.
Any particular period you are interested in?

Early civilization era
Particular India for obvious reasons. Specially ancient India. I also like the southern Indian history during 1100-1400AD
American revolution is interesting too.

what about you?

Unfortunetley, I'm mostly ignorant when it comes to Indian history. Since you have such a long and diverse history, could you recommend anything particulary interesting?

Well, for me its mostly a 50/50 between events/culture etc. and people behind all this. In most cases I like to read about a period of time associated with a certain person I'm interested in.

Mauryan Empire
They ruled current day Subcontinent, Afghanistan, Iran.
The most popular ruler is Ashoka. After a war which resulted in more than a million death, he gave up violence, embraced Buddhism. He started spreading Buddhism everywhere( east, west and Sri Lanka). Read about this empire.
Also read about "Chanakya"

Other interesting empires- Cholas- southern (Tamil) empire which ruled current day south east Asia. That's why the similarities in languages.

Vijayanagar kingdom is good too.
Gupta empire.

Thank you so much for the info. Hope I can find something on this in my library or at least on the internet. Have never dived too deep into Indian history, so its bound to be interesting!

Most of my history classes were about the Indian history. So, I didn't know much about other countries either.
Recently watched a documentary on Lenin/Stalin. That's where I got most of the modern Russian history from. Dunno much about the Czars or the rulers before them.

That's just the tip of the iceburg. Read about the other empires if you like these.
Wikipedia should be a good source.
If you like reading books, then "India: A history " by John Keay and "Early India" by Romila Thapar.

I like watching history documentaries. So, if you know any good docus on Russian history, post em.

History is boring af

I'll check it out. Wikipedia might not be the best source, but there's plenty of info to study in the internet. Pretty sure I'll find some decent info on the subject.
Would be glad to post some documentaries on Russian history, but its getting a bit late right now. Hope this thread survives until morning, would be great to provide you with some info on Russian history.
What do you find fun then?

Yea

I naturally tend to romaticize the past. I also have this dumb fantasy to overthrow the government so as to bring back city-states, absolutism, and mercantalism... sorta.

Lol who'll join me?

Yes, history is one of my favorite subjects.

My favorite periods are the roman republic, the byzantine empire and the first and second world wars, but I often lose myself reading/listening about other periods/places history.

I don't even know why, I just find it fascinating

>Would be glad to post some documentaries on Russian history
nice!

>bring back city-states
city states are awesome.