Weekly Family Thread

Post your stories, talk about your family, seek advice etc.

Previous
pastebin.com/rn1AsjUd

Attached: 17250_Odx0XtmP.png (600x600, 86K)

Was busy yesterday and forgot to make the thread.

I just found out that my older sister is pregnant.

Heh, I had non-stop commitments yesterday, and no chance to get online at all. I came looking for the thread as soon as I woke up, and seeing it had only 2 replies made me worry I had lost track of the day. "Wait, was yesterday Saturday?! Do I have to do it all again!?"

Congratulations on becoming an uncle/aunt, and congratulations to her on becoming a mother! Are you excited for the prospect?

Attached: 1568120347894.jpg (1200x800, 166K)

I am really excited on being an uncle.

Me and my brother have been on this trip for a wedding for a few days and we still have a few more days. He seems really bored when we aren't out doing stuff and even then he still seems really bored. He isn't good at family stuff. Any idea for making this more fun for him? I'm tired of him moping around me.

Do things that dont really seem like family things.

And what would that be? Really anything you do with your family is a family thing. We're obligated to do a lot of different things with our family right now too.

I hate my paternal grandma
My parents divorced when I was 3 years old yet she still thinks it's okay to be overbearing and treat my life like a soap opera, trying to micromanage every aspect of my life
She does so little for me and is so cold when I talk to her yet everyone in the family wants me to get bothered by her
She keeps comparing me to my normalfag cousins as if I don't know that they're better off in every aspect of my life than I am
The day she passes away from old age might turn out to be one of the best days of my life, my mental health will improve significantly for sure

I wish I had someone in my family that understood how physically ill I am, have been, and will get worse as I get older. I wish they would understand how much it has ruined my life and would shoot me in the back of the head execution style to put me out of my misery.

Do things that you would do with friends, just dont really treat him like your dad and try to act more like he is a friend.

I dont really have advice, but sorry that you have to go through that.

He's not my dad though. He acts like my dad. Tell him to stop acting like my dad and maybe I'll stop treating him like it.

thanks, I wasn't really seeking advice, just venting
the only thing that gives me hope is things may get better at some point

Today i learned the big difference between knowing you're useless and having a family member call you useless. Hit me like a truck

where is anonette? did she literally died after wageslaving?

I had a pretty eventful weekend. Husband and I took the kids to the aquarium and did some other little local play centers up in the capital - it was fun. Took the kids to the Rainforest Cafe and they really enjoyed that too. Daughter had her first real go on a carousel and she didn't wanna get off.

>I just found out that my older sister is pregnant.
Congratulations on your promotion to unclehood and your sister to motherhood! It's a crazy ride but it's fun. I wish one of my sisters or sister in laws would have a baby so I can have an excuse to buy little baby clothes again.

Where are you guys visiting for the wedding? Maybe look into what they have locally and try something that catches his interest? I'd ask him directly if there's anything he's interested in seeing while you're there and then do it.

Otherday
>cleaning house
>have hair up in ponytail because it keeps getting in the way
>he comes up behind me and puts ice down my back
>throw a sponge at him
>he goes off and I go back to cleaning
>while passes and he comes back up and slaps my butt while I'm sweeping
>walks off again
>go back to cleaning
>he comes up behind me and hugs me
>says he is bored as if I couldnt tell
>starts licking my neck and it catches me off guard
>tells me my sweat tastes good
>palm his face with my wet hands
>he goes off into the livingroom saying he is waiting for me when I'm done
>finish some time later
>go in livingroom
>he is passed out on the couch without his shirt on
>.......

Attached: 3595_KezYB1UM.png (600x600, 143K)

Congrats!

That sounds fun.

Her parents found out about her and her brother and they killed her.

Kansas City. There's plenty of stuff he wants to try that's local but it's stuff like bars and my parents will get mad if he takes me to bars even if I don't think anything. They're kind of old school.

No but whatever this fucking thing is that I caught from my brother might kill me. HE'S fucking fine now but I'm in this stupid state where I'm not sick enough to get out of work but too sick to sleep at night or feel decent ever. Blah.
Stop it we haven't fucked in a week I'm gonna cry.

Also I bought a PS4 and my brother's mad at me lol.

Attached: fucking titties idk.jpg (850x1239, 738K)

Yaaaaaay help her name the baby. Also be a cool uncle.

What happened to make him mad? Also I didn't do anything with him. I'm not rewarding him for pestering me while cleaning.

when will you name yours, anonette?

and karen, and couch

for real, if you have children what will you name them

I know but I'm in a state and that sounded really hot ugh.

He's mad because I "wasted" money on a PS4. Like whatever I wanna play FF7 and shit go away.

Also this is an actual conversation that happened:
>Okay I need Dark Souls and I need Mega Man X collection...
>"YOU BOUGHT A PS4 FOR OLD GAMES?"
>Uhhhhhhhh okay Shadow of the Colossus, FF7, Ni no Kuni 1....
>"YOU LITERALLY BOUGHT NI NO KUNI ON PS3 I WAS THERE"
>But there's a better version now
>"Grrrrrrrr"
>Uncharted Trilogy, DMC Trilogy...
>"GRRRRRRR"
>Later, I'm playing Senran Kagura on my 3DS
>"OHhhHHH DiDN'T ThEy ReMAkE thAT oN Ps4 whY NoT JusTTT BuY iT AgAINNNN"
>I already have it on 3DS tho
>brother dies

Attached: 6j.jpg (800x450, 24K)

i've been having the sneaking suspicion that my dad might not be my biological dad.. his name wasn't on my birth certificate, and when i mentioned that to my half sister (his daughter with a woman that ain't my mom), she said there's a good reason for that.
even after all that, turns out the name that did eventually get put on my birth certificate isn't even his real name. right now i'm just wondering how long it's gonna take until he brings it up.
i plan on cutting off communication with my parents as soon as i'm competent enough to live on my own. i'm 23 and still live with them

Grrr. I don't know. I like my brother's middle name and feel like it got wasted because no one ever says it, so that.

For a girl, uhhhh, all that comes to mind is Tifa so yes let's fucking ruin my daughter's life.

your dad probably did this so you could safetly marry your half sister. Don't be a poor sport and let his effort go to waste.

lmao, that's pretty funny. i hones't don't care very much for this family and i feel like a dick about it. but my dad does financially support me, so i gotta stick with them

Olivia is a wonderful girl's name

If I had to name a baby right now if it was a boy probably like Tom or Michael if it was a girl maybe Hanna.

He will get over it, enjoy yourself.

That is a pretty name.

Maybe you should let your sister feel that "dick" and see how it goes?

i tried to play it off, but you're annoying.
i really don't know what i expected from posting in one of these threads.
jokes on me tho, isn't it?

Attached: 1535311923423.gif (640x360, 483K)

>i plan on cutting off communication with my parents as soon as i'm competent enough to live on my own
Why? Over the whole birth certificate thing and whether or not you're his biological son? Ignore the sister fucking comments.

I work with an absolute taint named Olivia so no.
I know. It doesn't help that the only games I have are the Persona dancing games and the new Dissidia and they seem not good.

no, it's not over that. i realize my phrasing wasn't very good.. i don't resent my father for anything, i'm just not very close with him or my mother.
anyway, i'm too annoyed with the other guy to continue with this here

Alright, my dude. That's your decision to continue or not, although cutting connections because you guys aren't the closest isn't the best choice, but then again I don't exactly know the relationship you guys have besides not being very close. So I can't say much.
Take it from a guy who cut off ties with his parents himself for some serious reasons.

>help her name the baby

That reminds me, does anyone have any good baby name suggestions?

>I work with an absolute taint named Olivia so no.
ah geez this makes me want to curl up into a ball until I become a black hole

Attached: crying.jpg (800x450, 153K)

I'm sorry if you're an Olivia I'm sure you're fine.

Attached: h53.png (242x221, 80K)

>trying to stop masturbating as much
>not working out
>going for the third time this day
>dad knocks door
>oh shit
>get dressed and open the door
>"lunch is almost ready"
>"your room smells... funny, leave your door open."

fuck me, he knows doesn't he?

Attached: 1476885530029.jpg (576x521, 25K)

You can call yourself Olivia all you want Oliver, but you will never be a girl.

Are you a male or female, user? And are you over the age of 21? I'd just say you two wanna do a little sibling bonding, and say you won't drink that much and or omit you're drinking. There's nothing wrong with hanging out and having a few beers, just make sure one of you stays sober enough to drive/and or get an Uber. I'd also make sure you aren't totally smashed when you get back with your parents.

>Talking about names
>Realize my husband is having his snip snip next Friday
>It's a complex kind of feel
Aside from the names I used for my son and daughter: for boys I've always liked Adam, Jack, David, Noah... Lots of names from Metal Gear I realize.

Girls there are so damn many: Autumn, Catherine, Charlotte, Evelyn, Ophelia, Olivia, Sophia.

>sitting around
>decide to be a little productive
>clean up our room
>end up putting our bedsheets and blankets in the wash
>put pillows in sun to air out and fluff up
>make some tea for when he gets home
>go back to reading manga
>quiet in house
>feel lonely
>decide to text him a bit
>he responds a few times then says he has to get back to work
>pull in pillows and put blankets in drier
>bored

Attached: 5090_Mpwtkf8O.png (600x600, 161K)

She's late

Like THE late? Or just late getting home?

I'm the half twin. Mom came clean about a lot of things, I guess thanks to all the legal stuff going on (I'm trying to stay out of it, it's stressful and I don't get most of it). I guess she cheated a lot actually. It's hard to think about. Against my better judgment we started talking again, it was going well until she said some awful things out of nowhere. I don't even have the energy to be mad at her anymore, and she's kinda right anyway.

Dad's trying his best, he keeps buying us things and he's setting aside time every day to do something with either me or me and my brother. Trying to ween off of sleeping with my brother but it's not going well. If I could curl up next to him under the covers forever I would.

As in, period late?

Yes that late.

let us choose the name

Congratulations!

Are you more worried or excited?

don't trick us again

It is good to hear from you, and to hear that your family is gradually moving forward. Relying on your brother may have, regrettably, become ingrained in/necessary to you for a while. Have you asked your brother how he feels about it at the moment?

And your father, while well-meaning with his purchases, could be destabilizing his finances. Perhaps you can suggest that he be a little more thrifty. If nothing else, there are many cheap or free activities for you to share, from board games to movie nights.

How late are we talking? Sometimes birth control medication can throw things off.

you guys are my family, an ugly one but a family after all.

Are you excited, or dreading? I don't want to say congrats if you're totally shitting yourself. I seconding this user's request how late? There are a lot of things that can throw off a period.

Buy a handful of cheap, .88 cent tests. They're pink dye - which are more accurate than blue. Have her test, if it's negative and her period still doesn't come in another week have her test again.

Both to be honest. Would be lying if I said I wasnt a little excited.

She is a week late.

>daughter told me today she's a lesbian
It's a little weird, but it's been kind of eating at me that this mean's my wife's bloodline is just gone. She was an only child and we only had one before she passed. So this is it. It's kind of sad. At least I have a brother and might have more kids someday. Still love her, though. Just want her to be okay.

Attached: tiresome.png (1022x731, 643K)

>Just want her to be okay.

Well you should probably just let her know, and know yourself, that lesbian relationships have remarkably high rates of domestic abuse.

My parents ask me how I am constantly, every time I speak to them. This has been going on for about a week now, since we talked about my mental health. It's exhausting. I'd rather not speak at all

I know it. I don't think telling her will do much. Teenagers are gonna do what they want anyway. Still not convinced it isn't just a phase anyway.

Honestly, it probably is a phase. My sister went through one where she insisted that she was bi when she was 17. By the time she was 19, she was taking LGBT flags out of her room. It was pretty funny to be honest with you.

How old is she? [spoilers]Lots of lesbians still get knocked up and she might change her mind later.[/spoilers]

How are you going to tell your parents?

You know, he probably does not want to think about that right now.

I live on the West Coast, my mom is from the East Coast but decided to move out here after I was born. No siblings, haven't seen anyone else in my extended family in almost 10 years, they are basically strangers.

I hate talking to my mom because she is super religious and it's like walking on eggshells. Everything I say or do is "Not Christian Enough". I can't tell my mom that I am not religious and haven't been for a very long time because she would probably be so heart broken that she would kill herself. She has no friends and I am the only one that she talks to on a regular basis. When she is not talking to me about religion she is asking me for money because she is poor as fuck. She doesn't realize that I am trying to get my own life together so I don't have to live in abject poverty like I did my entire childhood.

Go see a psychiatrist. Moping around like this will not help.

I needed antibiotics regimine from the moment I was born. there's nothing a psychiatrist can do for me especially not now that I've been given up for over a decade.

We havent spoken to our parents in years. They are both fuck ups and don't care one bit for us. We have no relatives we just have each other.

>kinda right
about what? Everything I've heart about your mother (including this latest post of yours) seems to point to her being a cunt and I feel sorry for you guys.

Never mind then. I guess you will not need to tell them anything.

I know this sounds hypocritical since I cannot empathize with your situation but don't knock psychiatric help until you've tried it. Having a self-defeatist attitude is a terrible thing but noone asks you to change yourself in a day. At the very least, try it once. Maybe venting to a professional could be the first step in fixing your mindset. The physical issues I can't help much with but if they can be minimized with medicine then they shouldn't be impossible to tolerate.

Just posting to see who got this get

For Girls: Freya, Nichola, Anastasia, Parushka
Boys: Aleister, Raymond, Nicholas, Solomon, Vladimir, and Frey.

I tried it
I don't want to trust anyone ever again. they want to waste my time and make me worse.
>shouldn't be impossible to tolerate
the problem is it already ruined my life. I can't get a job or go to school. I'm useless.

Pure disappointment, as expected.

Attached: ashamedlaughter.jpg (500x332, 57K)

How do i get over being the family black ship?
I figure this is the best place to ask.
It's not like they hate me but i'm certainly the most distant member and the most useless, i don't enjoy their company very much but i feel somewhat guilty giving them so much work with my existence.

Attached: Eren 1.png (308x372, 121K)

good job man, you defeat the pills

please make at least 5 more

My brother's fine with it most of the time, he's not gonna ban me from his bed any time soon. But sometimes he wants to be alone and I feel like I'm being annoying. Dad's doing fine money wise afaik. I can talk to him about it though.
She'll say it's all my fault and I should've kept my mouth shut. I try not to let it get to me but it's hard when I tell myself the same thing. She says other stuff that's complete nonsense but still hurts. One time she accused me of, um, thread related activities with my dad since we know we're not related now, but then she called me a stupid virgin.

Your wife would be much more upset if you refuse to allow her daughter to be what would make her happy and fulfilled. Support her and spend time with her. It took my father a little while too but he gets it now.

I have a coochie but I'm 19. I can't drink at all and my parents would be furious if I did. He's not going to let me do it either because he's a good boy.

She turned 14 this year.
I'm not gonna try to change her mind, it's not my choice to make. It just kind of bothers me. I would have liked to think that some small part of the person I loved would live on forever.

What matters more is the impact people make on others. If you raise her to be the best person she can be then she will leave behind a little bit of her mother in every person she meets.

>She is a week late.
Definitely have her take a test ASAP and keep us posted. She'll want to start taking prenatal vitamins and get her initial doctor visit scheduled. The only thing that I'm not sure of that could be different for you guys, is the genetic screening. I imagine she won't be telling the doctor you're related, but I don't know if they check for that when they do the screen. Best of luck!

Ah, so that's why they're being so protective - they don't want their little girl wandering around. I'd still present it that you and your brother want to go spend some time exploring, promise you won't stray away from your brother to keep them happy (even though you'll more likely be keeping him in check).

I mean, even if she is a lesbian it's not like she can't be artificially inseminated. Who knows though, like others, I tend to air to that it could be a phase especially since being "woke" is the in thing.

Woke stuff isn't huge around here, and she's always been more the type to be into sports and stuff, so I think if it is a phase it's just the typical teenage confusion.
Yeah. It just bothers me.
>the impact people make on others
She's always been the type to leave something of a physical impact. Hockey's popular out here and she got kicked out as a kid for beating the tar out of other players one time too many. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess.

I showered with my 9yo niece a couple times this weekend.

He's not bad just too old to do what I can do and too young to do the boring stuff my parents want to do. I'm kind of treated like a princess sometimes. Not a lot. They let me have some freedom. It's just hard to do stuff in these situations. Parents get all excited and plan stuff so we gotta follow along.

>physical hockey player
You're telling me you didn't see this coming from a mile away?

Tomboy stuff like that is pretty common around here. Most of the girls I knew growing up played hockey or soccer or both.

So did you see anything at all that would seem like a hint? That alone makes it seem obvious to me.

Not really, no. Just a normal (for around here) kid.

I'm having a hard time accepting that you're right. Honestly I think you're probably just really, really dense. No offense. A lot of people just ignore the signs that their kids are gay as fuck.

That kind of thing is legitimately very popular where I live. This is a very small town, and we have a lot of hockey teams in multiple smaller leagues, and our girls' hockey teams were always pretty decent.

So she did NOTHING at all that made you think "this girl may not be normal"?

She liked the same nerdy shit I'm into and riding around on her bike and playing sports.

>my daughter liked the stuff I liked and acted like me even though I'm her father
>what the fuck she's gay?

>she turned 14 this year.

I can practically guarantee you that this is just a phase and that she will grow out of it by the time she is an adult.

Probably not, her father just developed a healthy enough relationship with her that she's comfortable with expressing herself to him.

Believe it or not but you don't know shit about how people work.

She acts more like her mom than me. She just likes some of the same things I like, like Gundams.