Does anyone know a cure for stomach ulcers?

Does anyone know a cure for stomach ulcers?
I genuinely cant take it anymore now that I cant play video games comfortably. want to blow my brains out

Attached: 1AACBBA1-117A-4546-A5EA-473E2B9E355F.png (570x683, 264K)

Stop eating harsh foods including carbonated drinks, spicy foods, and alcohol

do that for 6 months and it'll go away
also talk to your doctor, you could have chronic acid reflux (I do) and it can burn a hole through your stomach or even worse, your small intestine.

I don't think it's easy for them to heal, go to a doc.

Ahhhh!!!! but alcohol is what keeps me going! I need it!

then it is for sure alcohol that caused the ulcer

its only gonna get worse, this exact thing happened to my friend and she wouldn't quit drinking till she was vomiting up blood. The doctor made her stop drinking for like a year.
she was really really stoned for that year.

Stop drinking alcohol and don't take stimulants, including coffee, don't smoke, don't eat spicy foods. Avoid irritating foods like tomatoes or greasy food. Avoid getting too stressed out.

I have had problem with ulcer in my esophagus, acid reflux and hiatal hernia. I fucked around a lot with my health and continued binge drinking but when I genuinely thought I was going to die from my pains I went to the doctor and started taking proton pump inhibitors religiously every day for 3 months, and I completed stopped with alcohol for over 2 months. I sometimes still get pains but they're mild and rare, because I don't drink much anymore. I only got drunk once in the past 6 months and that hurt again so I'm not planning to do that again.

I highly recommend going to the doctor to get PPIs and having a lifestyle change, it's the only way

Fuck bros, I might actually have to stop drinking. This is insane. Would smoking weed effect it?

Attached: 02E5A670-D5ED-435B-A0FB-4CE9D9468BC3.png (561x561, 199K)

Ulcers are caused by H Pylori bacteria and you need a strong course of antibiotics to stop these bacteria gnawing away at your stomach.

Its also possible you might have a hiatal hernia which pushes acidic stomach contents into your espophagus. Your esophagus has no protective lining so it is burned by stomach acid.

You will need to take proton pump inhibitors daily, they stop your stomach from producing acid. You can buy these over the counter in the UK and US. 24 hour anti reflux medication. Make sure you drink a large glass of water when you take one of these pills.

It sucks but yes you do. I was on my medication (the PPIs) for 2 years on and off but only stopping alcohol truly helped, although you should be on medication too at least for a couple of months to make the ulcer go away.

I get how you feel. I couldn't fathom giving alcohol up, I couldn't imagine not getting drunk. I felt like alcohol was the only thing that made me happy, and I was very much encouraged to drink by my peers. Then I left the UK and went back to my home country and now I don't feel dependent on alcohol as much because I feel less depressed, the culture does not like drunks, plus also I drive now so I have to be a responsible human. Why do you drink so much user?

Also weed is fine, I smoke it all the time and it doesn't bother my stomach

>over the counter in the UK
please tell me what they are called, can I take them while drinking alcohol?

I guess Ill start smoking then. I drink alcohol because Im at university in England and heavy drinking is as common as eating here. Plus it helps me forget my problems and makes things more fun

Ahh same as my story. Went to the UK to study and fucked my shit up with alcohol lol

Also the guy is wrong, you can't get PPIs over the counter in the UK. Go to your GP and they'll prescribe you something. Lansoprazole 30mg worked well for me but you might get something else

Smoking weed isn't going to driectly hurt your stomach

but it is gonna make you want to eat more, so make sure bad foods just aren't around.

>Ulcers are caused by H Pylori bacteria
Not all ulcers are caused by H pylori you fucking twat

OP, don't assume you have H Pylori, you need to get tested for that.

Nexium control, you can get them at a pharmacy or large supermarket. You can also get them free from the Dr in the UK. Its called omeprazole.

Over half the population has this bacteria and it is carcinogenic. He needs to go to the Dr and get tested for this asap.

I have chronic acid reflux and I was tested
sadly I tested negative.

guess I just have to live with this condition

Nice numbers .
Booking a visit to the doc soon. Im really sad about giving up alcohol. Maybe ill still drink but only on special occasions

same cure for being a wojak poster
fucking kill yourself you pollutant

Final question. Do sugary foods like baked goods have a negative effect on the condition? I need my donuts

Anything greasy causes your stomach to produce a lot of acid. Alcohol and coffee also increase acid production. Please just see a GP.

Sugar typically doesn't have a negative effect, but greasy foods can.

so donuts could be problematic

For me personally my triggers in order of severity are:

Stress
Alcohol
Canned tomato sauce
Deep fried foods
Processed foods (so things with nitrates in them like bacon)
Coffee
Some spices (like paprika)

Figure out your order of triggers and eliminate the top ones. Stress and alcohol are the most common

Calcium supplements. They increase the pH of your stomach acid. Take too many though and youll get kidney stones. Water is best too, add flavoring if you cant stand the reggy water taste.

Attached: CC5F0AAB-27A0-45A4-842F-494E5DC5EE4B.jpg (500x564, 30K)

>cant stand the reggy water taste.

If you hate the taste of water then there is no hope for you
just kys now

So will that make this hellish pain more bearable? I can still drink beers?

That's why you have the ulcers, user.

You need to treat the cause at the root of your alcoholism and stress. Start listening to calming music, meditating, searching your mind, feeling out what's causing you anguish, and methodically work out step-by-step goals to fix these problems and put your mind and body at ease.

I have omaperzole and ranitidine (zantac)
The omaprezole is what i take daily to keep my stomach in check, and the ranitidine is what I take when shit gets out of control.

Try taking a zantac when your stomach hurts, but also if your stomach hurts you can't drink any alcohol.

Over doing these drugs interferes with digestion and can lead to poor uptake of minerals.

you've gotta stop drinking bud or your stomach will never heal.

To a degree yes, you still can. Just balance it with water and basic foods or supplements. Your pH is too fucking high.

***Correction*** your pH is too Low/ Acidic.

Ok, I will make a lifestyle change and stop drinking outside of special occasions. It will be tough but its worth it if I get to avoid this horrific pain

Attached: 44895A44-23C9-4594-9F39-4AEFD49EA9D4.png (393x400, 43K)

>Your pH is too fucking high.
This is insufficient to explain the symptoms.
If this was true taking tums would fix the problem

OP The digestive system is more complicated than that, and you're already at a point where the lining is significantly damaged. you need to take it really easy to heal first, then you can figure out how much you can drink and what you can eat in the future.

Its worth a try at least, whats the worst that could happen

Good man. Proud of you, user. Do it for your health.