Was Event Horizon a warning?

Was Event Horizon a warning?

Attached: 97bfeb47d64a8ed56c230c64a8beb229.jpg (1200x795, 222K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HTr5CjpSp-g
youtube.com/watch?v=2UPUhn9hpTU
vimeo.com/65545689
youtube.com/watch?v=opzwhWx_LKk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

Attached: flag.jpg (392x275, 37K)

>Was Event Horizon a warning?
yes, don't attempt warp travel without a gellar field

Attached: gellar field failure.webm (440x240, 2.93M)

came to post this
NOW POST HERESY

Attached: g5kLoYQ.jpg (435x256, 54K)

Event Horizon + The Sphere

Probably Sunshine, too.

Attached: v1.bjsxMzE3NDU7ajsxNzczMTsxMjAwOzUyOTszODI.jpg (529x382, 78K)

One of the creepiest sci-fi movies ever made.

already happened

Look up apollo and the dark side of the moon

I always thought of it as pretty much a prequel to the WH40K universe. The first warp travel ever.

I've never seen Event Horizon, can someone fill me in?

go watch that shit nigga

this

when they eventually make a 40k movie, I hope they take inspiration from this movie

CERN already put us in a parallel universe, perhaps several. the eternal swede shifting timelines

youtu.be/HTr5CjpSp-g

Evil white man in space destroyed by heroic negro.

In all seriousness though:
this.

Haunted house in space.

LIBERATE TUTEME EX INFERIS

Yes to this

Attached: 1514002198281.jpg (480x321, 15K)

A ship called the Event Horizon was sent on a top secret mission with a special propulsion system that can send it instantaneously across the galaxy. It went missing, and years later, was spotted.

The lead scientist takes a crew to go retrieve it and found what happened to it (it didn't go to a happy place).

Just watch it

They enter the Warp

What is that from!?

>In this sci-fi/horror scarefest, Dr. William Weir (Sam Neill) is a scientist who has designed a spacecraft called Event Horizon which will explore the outer reaches of space past the planet Neptune; the ship employs a special transport mechanism that, in effect, creates a black hole that the ship can pass through, allowing it to travel tremendous distances in a few seconds. The Event Horizon mysteriously disappears in the midst of a mission with no trace of either the ship or its crew, but it reappears in Neptune's orbit after a seven year absence and it's sending out a distress signal.

Nope. Just a cool movie starring a legendary actor

movies aren't real op

Ah the 90s, when the only reference to niggers is an abbo patch on a spacesuit

TL;DR secret project to test FTL tech fails when the ship "event horizon" disappears with all hands during the test.

Many years later the ship reappeared and a rescue team is dispatched to search for survivors and find out what happened.

The crew is found horribly mutilated and ship reccords point to warp travel being some kind of trip through a hellish dimension that drives people insane. It is believed and entity from that relm possesses the ship and one of the rescuers and is attempting to return to that relm with a new crew.

I think it was certainly more than just a sci fi horror film.

WH40K Warp travel: the movie. People make a new ship that can go FTL through some other dimension. Turns out that dimension is pretty much hell itself and it fucks up the ship and everyone in it. Later the ship resurfaces, and a team is sent to investigate. They get fucked up too.

This

Best lead up

no it was a fucking movie you fookin muppet

Never noticed that. Wishful thinking there

youtube.com/watch?v=2UPUhn9hpTU
Unfortunately it's only 240p, cannot find a HD copy anywhere.

On of the scariest movies of all time, because the events are actually plausible. If you believe string theory.

Hdonline.to nigga

There's only one good Aussie flag.

Attached: 2000px-Eureka_Flag.svg.png (2000x1300, 76K)

I'm surprised Jow Forums liked this since they're basically the villain. It's a great movie though. Arguably better than alien for best space horror

>/x and /k went to find spooks
Tool vid I think

It's an obscure short film, not a movie you'll find there.

Only one sci fi movie scarier.
The 4th kind

vimeo.com/65545689 720p copy

In the Mouth of Madness definitely was

Reality is just what we tell each other it is. Sane and insane could easily switch places...if the insane were to become the majority...You would find yourself locked in a padded cell...wondering what happened to the world.

Attached: forweb2.jpg (458x546, 52K)

>vimeo.com/65545689
oh fugg, i guess i'm just retarded

>Arguably better than alien for best space horror
No. No it's not.

Good movie though.

Ah. Sorry user. Thought you were looking for event horizon. Should still check though. They have one of the best archives on the net

one of the most under-appreciated movies ever made

It's not another dimension, ftl without a way to protect information causes errors in information. It's like they copied themselves and the copy that came out had monster faces.

Man, the sphere movie really let me down. The book was amazing when I read it years ago.

Attached: 1485037148687.jpg (292x302, 23K)

>It's not an owl.... AAAAHHHHHHH

fuck yes

Attached: ca1pee6qdoqqxr9eckul.jpg (800x335, 29K)

love that movie, one of my personal favorites.

>The 4th kind

Attached: puke.gif (245x176, 589K)

Nothing beats Alien (or even Aliens).

Also, all sci fi fans should watch 'The Expanse' series (it's just starting to become epic now).

This is the only movie I have watched as a grown adult that gave me nightmares for weeks.

Attached: 217F09EC-0685-4A21-B155-02592CF1F4E7.gif (600x502, 37K)

movies are parodies of reality

>Also, all sci fi fans should watch 'The Expanse' series (it's just starting to become epic now).
Very true. I started at the start of season 2, and hear that season 3 is even better. It's an amazing show.

Attached: 1427343572534.jpg (482x641, 119K)

Attached: phantoms.jpg (230x345, 22K)

Sometimes I feel like I'm in that movie surrounded by creatures with purple hair.

we been here 40000 years u white dog

dat our space n shit u white dog

Attached: 40000.jpg (1920x1080, 189K)

Exactly.

Attached: 3-06-the-lazarus-experiment-killcolor-5.jpg (2000x1125, 229K)

underrated movie
not great but worth the watch

That's just absurd

Attached: thisismadness.jpg (539x245, 97K)

Season 1 has some really good episodes too (nice battles etc.)

But the whole thing is about to become EPIC beyond imagination (the show is based on the books)

Attached: 2018-06-11_024831.jpg (1349x409, 197K)

stealth prequel to War40k?

youtube.com/watch?v=opzwhWx_LKk

This is one of the better imptrash threads I have seen

That would be rather neat

subliminal snuff..

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-06-11-09h17m01s636.png (1920x834, 1.96M)