Why dont we construct a planet instead of looking for new earth's?

>>The nearest earth like planet (Proxima century) is over 4 lightyears away which is still over 100,000 years away from earth

>>We dont have any technology that can be devloped that can allow us to into light speed

>>going into light speed would most likely kill you

>>what if the earth like planet has life on it but isnt human aliens that we can fuck their women and instead its xenomorphs or some retarded looking squirrel pigs vampires that drink blood

>>what if the planet has no valueable resources to bring all the way back to earth?

>>earth has a 500 million year time limit before the sun kills us

I propose that we syntehsize astronomical chemicals together and construct a new organic earth with pretty much the same chemical compositions of earth that can enable life on it. We can just harvest land by gathering asteroids, the moon, comets, land from mars and other dead planets with a hard surface, and make it terrestrially stable and safe for organic life. Boom you have solved the over population issue.

Attached: 360_kepler_22b_1205.jpg (360x235, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ioKidcpkZN0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Longshot).
youtube.com/watch?v=pzuHxL5FD5U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphical_timeline_from_Big_Bang_to_Heat_Death
m.youtube.com/watch?v=TfMr_XkWcEs&t=0s&list=PLIIOUpOge0LtW77TNvgrWWu5OC3EOwqxQ&index=7
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ioKidcpkZN0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gTDlSORhI-k&list=PLIIOUpOge0LtW77TNvgrWWu5OC3EOwqxQ&t=0s&index
astronomynotes.com/evolutn/s2.htm
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ijcO5rEGDJc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Please, continue to overdose on drugs, it's good for you user.

Do you not see the benfits of figuring out the possibilities of construct a brand new spherical biosphere like earth with all what we can gather in space?

Attached: 1512525951998.png (800x729, 48K)

This is an interesting idea I hadn't considered.

>earth has a 500 million year time limit before the sun kills us
It seems most people either have an apathetic attitude toward the future of mankind because they themselves won't be around to witness it, or they simply believe in some kind of "destiny" for mankind and believe things will work out for it in the end because we're the protags.
There doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency about progressing the human race and giving generations hundreds or thousands of years in the future the tools they'll need to survive and thrive.

Anyway, where do you get the molten core for your synthetic planet? I assume that's necessary for a habitable and stable biosphere.

Attached: 1521263483324.jpg (850x1200, 264K)

why do you think they're nuking mars right now, they're trying to create an atmosphere.

You’re a special kind of retarded, aren’t you?

Attached: 3A090308-2E09-4F1A-87A3-B7202D389F5A.gif (245x195, 481K)

But user if we construct a planet from scratch then there will definitely not be human aliens that we can fuck their women
Best to take a roll of the dice on alien planets

Frankly, if we could synthesize materials to make a whole new planet we’re pretty much beyond the need for planets anyway

> (OP) (You)
>But user if we construct a planet from scratch then there will definitely not be human aliens that we can fuck their women
>Best to take a roll of the dice on alien planets

That will take more centuries than you can imagine.

orbital rings and o'niel cylinders would be a better use of the resources.

more population per kg.

Thats what I am saying. Get this, if we can create a habitable environment for certain bacteria to survive in, why wouldnt it be possible in theory to create a whole new space biosphere that can be a new earth?

Ill retardo bite.*Hurrrr bites
First of all you cant make another planet with the mass of a planet in our solar system. You would basically be playing comsic marbles at that point. Just steal some ayy technology. Im sure they'll give you lightspeed since you'd all be dead by the time you'd figure it out, hence
>500 million years lol.

Attached: P-P-Poo-Poo.jpg (400x400, 23K)

every single thing you said is wrong. literally.

>You guys are too retarded to make an artifical fully stabilized planet with no orbit.
>This is your best bet lol.

> (OP) (You)
>This is an interesting idea I hadn't considered.

>It seems most people either have an apathetic attitude toward the future of mankind because they themselves won't be around to witness it, or they simply believe in some kind of "destiny" for mankind and believe things will work out for it in the end because we're the protags.

That is rather unfortunate but this pessimistic phenomenon is more apparant in the western nations, surely eastern Europe and Russia and China would be optimistic and had they have the wealth capable of producing this project it could be executed in theory.

>There doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency about progressing the human race and giving generations hundreds or thousands of years in the future the tools they'll need to survive and thrive.

Well thats what you get when capitalism and individualism are your societies driving force.

>Anyway, where do you get the molten core for your synthetic planet? I assume that's necessary for a habitable and stable biosphere.

I have 2 hypotheses about that part, one being we use the moon as the core and make it so it is stable enough to withstand imme se pressure, or construct a large object with asteroids or a sythesised material super strong to use as the core that can withstand the creation of molten matter and keep the surface guaranteed to be permanently stable beyond all reasonable doubt?

Elaborate kangaroo jack

Right, dragging space junk together to form a land mass in space.

It sounds feasible, or at least as feasible as terraforming Mars.

But I suspect that Terraforming Mars will be more realistic over time (easier to study), plus the ridiculous mass is already there.

Plus how do you propose to move such mass without crashing it into the habitat+ hollowed out asteroids you have held together with bailing twine and space stations?

The OP is just shitposting, but actually, he got it right in his shitposting attempt.
Building a planet doesn't require new physics, it only requires new technologies we're not that far away from.
While traveling to distant systems, we require something that would allow us to not become mush when something accelerates at a fraction of light speed.
We'll probably be building space colonies the size of continents, gundam-style, before we get a man in alpha centauri or something.

>Total mass of asteroid belt ~ 4% of mass of Moon

Congrats, you're a retard faggot, OP

God won’t let us leave earth to spread evil into galaxy

>Building a planet doesn't require new physics, it only requires new technologies we're not that far away from.

yeah, and millions of years to dissipate the thermal energy of it's binding/construction.

> (OP) (You)
>Right, dragging space junk together to form a land mass in space.
>It sounds feasible, or at least as feasible as terraforming Mars.

>But I suspect that Terraforming Mars will be more realistic over time (easier to study), plus the ridiculous mass is already there.

How do we terraform mars with the chemical compounds in its atmosphere? Will we have to have biodomes on mars? What if theres a crack on the dome ans the air is rushed out? Plus I wouldnt imagine that would be a dignified environment for a human to be born in if it is colonizable.

>Plus how do you propose to move such mass without crashing it into the habitat+ hollowed out asteroids you have held together with bailing twine and space stations?

That I am not quite sure yet, but I would assume magnetic technology. Everything in matter has magnetic energy in theory, its just that some are more magnetic than others.

>
>>Building a planet doesn't require new physics, it only requires new technologies we're not that far away from.
>yeah, and millions of years to dissipate the thermal energy of it's binding/construction.

Not if it is a copy or a stronger material tha. Earth's core.

>Not if it is a copy or a stronger material tha. Earth's core.

The earth has a mass of about 3,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms.

Where are you going to get that much mass, except from another planet?

It doesn't need to be made from the same components as earth.
It doesn't need to be spherical even.
And it doesn't need to be built all at once, most likely it would be a gigantic space station that's slowly getting as big as a planet as you add more shit to it as needed.

>
>It doesn't need to be made from the same components as earth.
>It doesn't need to be spherical even.
>And it doesn't need to be built all at once, most likely it would be a gigantic space station that's slowly getting as big as a planet as you add more shit to it as needed.

You mean like the death star from star wars?

This is absurdly stupid. You need to go back to school.

Going to light speed would kill US?
Nigger!
They said the same shit about trains when they showd up the first time.

Building our own Earth is a consideration but there are easier megastructures to build.

youtube.com/watch?v=ioKidcpkZN0

Attached: 1310809310194.jpg (1920x1080, 1.83M)

Psysics is bullshit anyway all theories no proof at least for Astro physics just trying to explain God away multiverse is the best they can come up with the earth is so fine tuned impossible it didn’t have a creator

I don't know what you're on man, but whatever it is I want some

Yes.
The notion of using anything from star wars as an example of how things actually might look like is silly, but yes, exactly like that.

4 light years isn't 100,000 years away when traveling sublight speeds it could be as fast as only 100 years depending on how fast you can get

>astronomical chemicals.
Who is you dealer shithead?

The best chance for survival is is to learn to transfer human conciousness into a micro-chip and then implant that chip onto roaches. Then we can live here forever or ship a colony of us on a space ship to where ever. Problem solved bitches.

Attached: surv_f_the_fittest.gif (432x293, 4K)

It is, with current tech and the tech of the forseeable future.
We'll eventually have something that can go very, very fast, but how do we not turn into mush from inertia is still a big mystery.

The answer is simple. Life was designed
to prevent stupid people from destroying it.
There’s a reason it’s impossible with our
current technology to reach another planet with life.
We aren’t meant to, yet. We need to grow much much smarter.
More than likely our shithole planet is a preserve. With an alien military keeping out higher lifeforms.
Much like we do with some islands on our own planets.

This is so stupid i'm crying.

This

>We don’t have any technology that can allow us to go into light speed

>Why don’t we construct a new planet instead?

Seems legit...

Attached: AB22CC82-AFEA-421F-82D4-D8A2D249042D.jpg (800x450, 44K)

Mmm xenofungus mind worms.

And if our people bitch we can nerve staple them!

Faster than light travel seems to be impossible, building a planet, on the other hand, is concievably possible.
It's obsurdly inefficient and retarded, but possible.

americans....

Attached: 1.jpg (799x799, 85K)

Why not crash the entire asteroid belt onto mars?
>heat from impact reignites Martian core
>get a magnetic field again
>keep your atmosphere
>???
>profit

I bet you haven't even heard of Newtons laws have you...

Attached: IMG_20180523_094413.png (1080x1150, 571K)

Voyager I has the fastest heliocentric recession speed of any spacecraft, at about 17 kilometers per second (11 mi/s). It would take over 70,000 years for it to reach Alpha Centauri at that speed.

The "100 years" figure comes from unmanned, futuristic projects like Project Longshot (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Longshot).

Attached: 1PT9I.jpg (3861x1706, 546K)

Why would it be ineffient and retarded? Either we allow the population of earth the skyrocket full of niggers and turn the earth into haiti and the human population dies from running out of food and water, or we build a new earth so a portion of earths population can settle there much like some europeans settled in the Americas and Europe has less people now because they moved out of Europe.

We can already get 1/3c on current tech if we wanted to.

Krauts

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-18-11-53-27.png (1440x2880, 1.26M)

proxima centauri is a STAR, not a planet, it is not in any way "earthlike", and no "earthlike planets" exist in that solar system . since it is a trinary star system, and the tidal forces and radiation prevent the formation of any habitable planets
neck yourself

>just make your own planet dude loooooool

Attached: ae2.jpg (457x421, 15K)

can't we terraform Venus? it is the closest large planet

All the more reason to build a new earth then.

>says the nigger ridden country who had 8 years a kang nigger, the country that has nigger and prison culture

you showed me, pedro

Attached: 2.png (680x680, 229K)

What you mean is a generational space ship and it's also our best shot at reaching exoplanets.

Building a ship like that is just as far in the future as terraforming Mars or sending people to Exoplanets.

Mars needs to be our first stop and we need to build our way from there

>sending few tons of material into space cost a fortune
>why dont we do XYZ in space

too expensive, you know why

resources
got any?

You don't need to synthesize matter. Star lifting can extract matter from the sun with known technology. You could make thousands of earths.

Plus removing matter from the sun can change it's life from 4 billion years to 60 billion, also giving earth more than just 500 million years of habitability.

Star Lifting:
youtube.com/watch?v=pzuHxL5FD5U

Screw that, let’s get ourselves some mad space pussy.

> (OP) (You)
>resources
>got any?

If only we had rulers who had direct power to invade and plunder south america and africa and steal all the wealth and resources they have to fund this project

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-18-12-02-25.png (2880x1440, 3.42M)

Fuck off with your planetiod dream we are full.

The sun:

if space is real, mankind can survive even without a planet.

The real problem is the sun. In fact the theorized heath death of the universe. No one can survive that and if it is indeed true, we need some sort of paradigm shift solution long before then.

>what if the earth like planet has life on it but isnt human
As long as it has a hole it can be fucked. And if it doesn't, you just make the hole.

I propose a massive generation space ship loaded with Mormons.

>what if there's a crack in the dome and the air is rushed out
literal fucking brainlet

if we could build it, it would be way easier to live inside of it. you can't make a planet that easy (molten core, spin etc.)

Yes, let's rebuild Eden

Attached: asteroidpositions.jpg (2424x2184, 3.52M)

you are going to pull this mass to form this planet out of your aids ridden ass or what?
you would need to deconstruct another planet to even begin this retarded project, and good luck with that

Not exactly a pressing concern yet.

>The heat death will occur in 10^1000 years, if protons decay.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphical_timeline_from_Big_Bang_to_Heat_Death

The day I see any of you interplanetary dreamers actually making one desert, ONE FUCKING DESERT, an hospitable place, I will believe your interplanetary bullshit.

Its not pig squirrel buttfuckers that I'm worried about. It's millions and millions of strains of new bacteria that could kill us in a second.

The sun has 1 million earth masses.

Make shell worlds, filled with super gigantic amounts of hydrogen for gravity or even an artificial black hole. m.youtube.com/watch?v=TfMr_XkWcEs&t=0s&list=PLIIOUpOge0LtW77TNvgrWWu5OC3EOwqxQ&index=7 longer video m.youtube.com/watch?v=ioKidcpkZN0 or go make O’Neill cylinders and other similar things. m.youtube.com/watch?v=gTDlSORhI-k&list=PLIIOUpOge0LtW77TNvgrWWu5OC3EOwqxQ&t=0s&index

this

lets slice a part off the sun and make out of it a new planet

How are you going to pull the mass from the fucking sun? How can you be this retarded?
Leaf has good ideas

Dyson sphere in the asteriod belt!

Attached: 8BADEFCB-D77E-453F-AF43-0D7FF97AFE10.jpg (1366x768, 158K)

VR Tech might help to keep people sane on such a journey.

Attached: 1520039777388.gif (518x345, 3.45M)

>unironically expecting aliens to look like pic related

Attached: Saavik-vulcans-9152200-406-406.jpg (406x406, 32K)

Stupid mod, this definitely belongs in /sci/

>come to Jow Forums
>where anons discuss the utmost inability of humanity to manage the resources on the surface of the Earth
>some retard suggests making a whole new planet, which other retards think is a great idea
>unable to provide source of mass, poor understanding of planet cores, doesn't know what a magnetosphere is and why we need it to survive, some fag suggests "removing matter from the Sun" using "known technology" and links a video of a pseudoscientist sci fi fan who suggests using huge mirror satellites orbiting the Sun at.... no speed because his method requires they stay stationary, and so must constantly accelerate in the opposite direction, all to see if they can heat up the Sun even more (?) and possibly provoke (how?) a coronal mass ejection into space, and then capture all dissipated energy with magic
>elsewhere some faggot says draining mass from the Sun would increase its lifetime, even though we know the Hydrogen reserves are what keeps it shining and prevent the red giant stage. Its like removing fuel from the tank and expecting the car to run longer
>some other idiot proposes a solid planet core. Again, what is a magnetosphere?
>jokers dont understand flying all the way to the asteroid belt and towing rocks anywhere else likely wastes more energy than the mass you're trying to get
>no one talking about how the fuck would you even assemble rocks in space to form a uniform mass, with an active liquid core, on a stable orbit

>all of this to escape the Earth before the Sun goes nova... By making another planet in the Solar System
I swear I lost 5 IQ points reading this thread

Then why do less massive stars last longer then our sun? Why do more massive stars lass less longer then the sun? Checkmate. astronomynotes.com/evolutn/s2.htm

Here’s a pic. Stars aren’t cars.

Attached: 892744B8-1EC7-4547-B943-36B8F3923302.png (800x351, 41K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ijcO5rEGDJc Actually if you are going to use an vehicle analogy think of 10 gallons of fuel in a car vs bus.

Lol