Stoned Ape Theory

What are Jow Forumss thoughts on the stoned ape theory. AKA the idea that civilization begun as a product of mushroom usage

Attached: 5983247652938745.jpg (570x567, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HT_receptor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_McKenna#Novelty_theory_and_Timewave_Zero
milesmathis.com/tide.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6TBOt6HzH3g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Possible.

I think (after consuming several different psychedelic drugs) that some of our ancestors got (accidentally) got high on mushrooms and it changed their way of thinking.
But rather increased the side effects of becoming "civilized".

Pic is the "Lion man". I am pretty sure the person that carved this thing from mammoth ivory 40k years ago must have been high to get the idea of a Lion humanoid.

Attached: Loewenmensch1.jpg (800x1422, 165K)

On the surface I have nothing against it. There's a theory that the tide generated by the moon acted as an agitator to simple life in Earth's primitive oceans. I would find it fascinating to learn more about how something could trigger a profound change in all life, not just humans.

That being said, I find it in poor taste how it'll inevitably be another truism, mishandled by substance abusers, regardless if it proves to be true or not.

Attached: 1367813795532.jpg (1024x843, 558K)

It was scavenging for shell fish and later fishing for oily fish, it helped us develop denser brains

hallucinogenics don't make you more intelligent

it might be true. tryptamines work on 5ht-2a recpeptors
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HT_receptor

and this is what it is responsible for

>Addiction (potentially modulating) [48]
>Anxiety[49]
>Appetite
>Cognition
>Imagination
>Learning
>Memory
>Mood
>Perception
>Sexual Behavior[50]
>Sleep[51]
>Thermoregulation[52]
>Vasoconstriction[53]

they make you see patterns and allow you to rethink your regular behaviour. in most cases they do make people more intelligent. not in every though

i'm talking about tryptamines not deliriants or others, just for the record

>mushrooms led to civilized society
It’s true but it doesn’t end there. The evil kike cult of counter-civilization began as a pineal-gland eating tribe of cannibal savages. The brain-eaters have been fighting an astral war against the mushroom cult for thousands of years.

Attached: E8BCA56E-0B9D-467D-B180-2F9B3A364B9D.jpg (680x954, 139K)

The idea isn't that they "became more intelligent." Rather, I think the idea is that tripping allowed primitives to engage in thought patterns that weren't directly related to survival, and instinctual survival behaviors.

interesting

fact:

otters are the most powerful species

Attached: otter.jpg (750x420, 313K)

this.
It can help see patterns they didn't saw before and increase visual imagination.

I think it was a key (and probably heavy) factor in devolving higher/creative/abstract thinking skills

Attached: kekem143.gif (312x312, 1.83M)

Why would you need to be high in order to be creative?

>Primate wanders into mudhut village
>"lol how high grug when make this?"
>Grug too embarrassed to admit the truth, proceeds to dupe the primates into rolling with it for ~120,000 years.

In seriousness, it's plausible, but it seems like a theory twats would use to justify their own drug use.

Attached: 12C36914-DD55-4F9A-9D49-32ABDE733267.png (1024x650, 664K)

It helps.

It's intuitively appealing, but I don't even know what historical evidence would look like, let alone if it exists.

I agree

If joe rogan believes it gonna call bs then

check some of his other work
it's pants on head delusional and retarded
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_McKenna#Novelty_theory_and_Timewave_Zero

Hallucinogens almost always make me look at things differently. It isn't that they make you smarter, just that they allow you to think differently about things you never consider having multiple perspectives from which to operate, or see the different methods of operation. You don't gain information; you just arrange it differently. This simple concept is what drives innovation. It's easily acceptable that a hallucinogen on the correct brain might cause a deviation from tradition and habit and drive innovation, even at the basest levels of civilization.

We should start making monkeys trip and see what they do with it. The more intelligent animals like crows and dolphins would be interesting, too.

Attached: 4214EE01-BC51-4690-9DF2-A785D9704703.jpg (460x354, 121K)

The lion man could also have easily been just a carving of a warrior wearing a lion skin, too. It's likely that this statue didn't originate as a completely new concept out of the blue.

This.

Attached: 5A7AE51A-254E-452C-887D-C6026ED1A4DA.jpg (312x352, 49K)

I would like to know more

You don't, but hallucinogens change thought patterns and allow even the uncreative to think more creatively.

No more proof than religion, but more possible.

Are you a stoned Ape OP?

Attached: 1505848205149.png (710x577, 30K)

>Tide generated by the moon
Ohhhhh noooo. Sweetie, you have some learning to do.

>Tidal theory is one of the biggest messes in contemporary physics. I will start with tides on the Earth, since they have gotten the most attention and the most theory. We know the ocean tides are caused by the Moon, since they follow lunar cycles. But are they caused by the Moon’s gravity?
milesmathis.com/tide.html

Have you personally known any stoners who contribute to civilisation?

Just an idea since depending on what you are high on you see shit like this when your brain is connecting visual memories.

>what is brain activity
>what is thousands of years of evolution

Attached: brainlet.jpg (1023x651, 44K)

>it's pants on head delusional and retarded
Ok. 1/10th of all published words Isaac Newton wrote were about Alchemy.

Attached: when she churnin dat buttah.png (330x537, 251K)

That's not even what the stoned ape theory is you degenerate fuck. There's a massive difference between adding some overactive brains to the breeding pool of literal chimps and spontaneously kickstarting civilization as we know it.

I consider myself an artist and I've always felt the whole "getting stoned to get creative thing was" just bullshit justifying substance abuse.

That being said, I think the argument here is indeed not that they NEEDED the drug to transform, rather that it could catalyze new thought patterns in life, mainly focused on survival and following survival instincts.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think you can give a hamster mushrooms and have it protesting it's exercise wheel in a few dozen generations.

>who contribute to civilisation(sic)?
define this if you are serious

I dunno if the stones ape theory is true but I 100% believe the concept of an all knowing all powerful god is a result of dmt trips from either meditation, plants or toad venom

Bullshit. Terrence mckenna and Leary were CIA, pushing reckless psychedelic abuse to discredit the intellectual and general youth and make them more easily controlled.

there was a great video on youtube about this... some old guy giving a speech on how our ancient ancestors understood death and how hallucinogens played a part in the understanding.. but it got removed from youtube before i could finish watching it. fucking suspicious.

Yo Jamie, pull that shit up real quick

>pretends to be smart
>forgets UK English doesn't use Z as flippantly as American
You're one of the useless ones he's talking about.

The MAPS program does wonders for soldiers and civvies with PTSD.

The reason children are taken for the pizzagate shit isn’t for some type of pedo sex ritual. The kikes need fresh pineal glands to get the strongest high. Adults have crystallized and barely functional pineal glands from terrible diet and fluoride in water, so children work best. The torture the child endures puts the child’s brain into a state of pre-death, self-induced DMT consciousness projection in anticipation of their soul having to flee the mortal coil. At the moment just before death the pineal is cut from the victim and then consumed by the jew, allowing the kike to experience astral communion with the demonic entities that empower them. They’re literal soul-eaters.

Attached: 99BE1333-2A39-4645-9B41-6C0B99CF8BFB.png (1796x1134, 201K)

and the patience and focus to carve that in those conditions (where you have to survive) you have to be on something, and final product is something though provoking that probably "dosed" many other early humans trying to figure it out, helping the cognitive habit. Agreed, they can calm you down or let you enter a state in which more of you mental capacity can be used, lot of ppl live under a lot mental "noise" I got interested in philosophy math, an absolute nerd and learning programing when I started smoking weed, I realizing I wasn't smart, just curious and interested again in things I was as when I was young (and had less stress)
Focus, lot of people live in distraction, I would assume humans facing death around the corner would be distracted.

>Thinks just because some bonglords refuse to spell things properly that makes it acceptable

Attached: Hyaciggydiggy.jpg (600x450, 213K)

You know, if the stoned ape theory holds water, hallucinogens may drive us to the next level. Ever notice how hippies aren't violent and reject materialism? Primitive animals are violent. Perhaps hallucinogens are evolutionary drugs. If there is a divine will or creator or special purpose for humanity, who's to say that "god" didn't put them here, intact and ready to be used right from the ground, to make us find our way to the future of humanity with peace and practicality winning over petty religious and political squabbles and greed.

>frozen penguin pineal glands
>mfw

Attached: 1468267741697.jpg (711x669, 45K)

respectfully, I feel that there could be some merit to the stoned ape theory, regardless of his credibility.

By merit I mean - I don't think it was like a magic moment where the light flicked on and people went from being animals to enlightened beings. I think the key word here is "facilitating." I think mushrooms could have been one small part of many factors helping people develop new thought patterns.

Leary was CIA, not sure about McKenna

Attached: C18EE3A6-E97E-4AA6-BD74-D4721C46388D.png (633x633, 708K)

we became human long before we made civilization- which was necessary for agriculture

reindeer eat mushrooms and trip but they havent developed any special abilities

Hallucinogens have played parts in societies since before written history. In fact, the main consumer in many societies is the medicine man or other religious leader. They were revered for their wisdom. Hallucinogen-fueled thought patterns could easily explain this tradition that spans ages and cultures.

Its a retard theory by retards who thinks getting high = getting smart.
When in reality getting high makes gets you dumb enough to belive human inteligence came from shrooms.

I urge everyone who hasn't had their brains tempered with to go to a mental hospital and gaze upon the people who think they are geniouses, almost all of 'em are or have been stoners.

Shrooms have about the same effect on your head as running face first in to a concrete wall.

This image looks very modern.

what I never understood is if your pineal gland is the door through which your soul travels/leaves your body, then what happens if you die instantly in an explosion and your body doesn't have time to release the DMT, and your pineal gland is also destroyed?

>getting high = getting smart
that isnt what the theory is about...you make yourself look like a retard

I agree I think it would be interesting to see the effect on dolphins especially. That being said, I don't think it would be something we could directly measure unless dosing was done for hundreds, if not thousands of dolphin generations, which I would argue makes the experiment impractical.

That's one of the biggest downfalls of this theory. It sounds like it could be a factor but we don't know enough about how brains work to prove anything.

It's a "theory", but not really a "theory" in the way evolution or gravity are theories.

It's pretty much what you'd expect drug addicts to come up with.

m8 i've thought about this so much. do people who get shot in the head become stuck in some sort of limbo ? or instantly have their souls reincarnated without ever having anything explained to them ???

Attached: pep0.jpg (259x194, 7K)

Reindeer aren't really our equals, though. Nobody's claiming that drugs cause information to be learned through consumption of the drug alone. They merely rearrange how we perceive the world and deal with it. The guy who created the printing press didn't invent language or print - or machinery or even the concept of a press; he merely thought about the information he already had differently and eliminated the steps that caused the most time consumption. Drugs aren't required to rearrange our thoughts, but they help trigger the ability by disrupting what you usually do.

Look up the DMT origin of Christmas
>flying reindeer = amanita tripping reindeer
>Santa = mushroom shaman (red and white clothes symbolize the amanita)
>Christmas tree = evergreen fir which amanitas grow under
>brightly colored and wrapped presents under the tree = the mushrooms beneath the tree that tear the veil and reveal hidden knowledge
>santa’s Elves = the DMT machine elves who are one of the entities allied with the white mushroom-shaman against the brain-eaters
You’re consciousness fragments and takes a lot longer to piece itself together on the astral plane. Next life comes a lot slower

Attached: 7DE1B5D3-81F4-4C53-A662-6D36CE59E0AD.jpg (1024x768, 247K)

religion? sure.. probably.
same with "God"

shrooms.

the tribes tripping on shrooms would get destroyed by the normal minded natures.
people can't defend themselves properly when theyre tripping

You're confusing science with religion.

the amanita is muscimol though.
not dmt.

>ancient furfags

kek

This subject is tough.

I feel like we, as a society, should be able to discuss the effects of drugs without having to also discuss the people who abuse drugs.

There's always going to be weak minded people looking for excuses to justify their behavior. That doesn't change the fact that chemicals in our brains are having effects on us - even ones naturally produced by our bodies, (adrenaline for example.)

All the people I've ever met who did psychedelics on a regular basis couldn't muster the concentration to read a book, let alone start a civilization. It sounds like a theory that drug addicts would latch onto in order to validate their pitiful existence.

>This subject is tough.
It's really not. Those that use drugs recreationally are degenerates that should be turned into mulch.

You’re right but both will put you into contact with the same entities. I refer to the machine elves as the DMT elves because that’s what most people know them as

>regular basis
True shaman don’t do them more than once or twice a year

You're not a shaman.

No... this is where Science & Religion meet.

Large effects would certainly take longer than we have to observe the results, but what if a tripping dolphin just doesn't care about the rings at the bottom of the pool that he's supposed to fetch and instead finds a way to drag the bucket of fish they feed him into the water by distracting the trainer in some new way? The short-term discoveries could potentially be so amazing that the long-term testing would continue for eons out of pure curiosity about the effects these substances may have had on our own species. If thought patterns change enough, released test dolphins could change the entire species over time by teaching the rest. In another hundred million years, we may be coexisting with evolved land-based dolphins, which we will treat as a subspecies and probably keep as slaves.

I never claimed to be

It wasn't just mushrooms. Nutmeg is a psychotropic that grew wild, and once hominids began growing C3 grasses for grain, the fungus ergot would make them hallucinate. It's not too far a stretch to imagine talking donkeys and flying horses after that.

>stoned ape "theory"
aka imaginary history, just like all the other shit. you'd have to be a stoned ape to come up with this dumb shit.

Yes goy just stick with kiked history where shitskins were the first people and the Semitic Middle East was the cradle of civilization.

these substances are a tool.
they can help you getting smarter or dumber. it depends on your way, you use them. you would probably get dumber, by using them

Someone describe to me what a shroom trip is like.

Mckenna's brother came on his show and shot down the theory because there is no evidence to prove it.

People started to stay in one place so they could brew alcohol in mass quantities. So I guess the theory is partly correct.

You're assuming that primitive man had an ample supply of these hallucinogens and were all addicts, not users, like medicine men.

Just as you assume that this thought process is fueled by degenerates seeking acceptance, your assumptions are fueled by pure ignorance, obstinance and arrogance. I'd pay money to see the look on your face when you realize you don't actually have the world figured out.

jesus was a magic mushroom. consciousness was born.

amanita is not dmt

my point was that reindeer have not developed a language or writing or anything from their drug use to prove ops point
you sound like a crackhead

youtube.com/watch?v=6TBOt6HzH3g

>dead kike is actually a mushroom
That's a new one

Attached: hqdefault-25.jpg (480x360, 18K)

the halo is actually the underside of a mushroom head

>It isn't that they make you smarter, just that they allow you to think differently about things you never consider having multiple perspectives from which to operate, or see the different methods of operation. You don't gain information; you just arrange it differently.
So SMARTER but not more knowledgeable.

it's not much a stretch to imagine a person with animal features, desu

The clues are all left behind in myth. Eve offering Adam the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil symbolizes the female gatherer bringing the psychedelic mushroom to her mate.

Attached: _7676991.jpg (250x196, 26K)

I more or less agree. I think where I fall on the argument is that even if the dosing was a factor, it's far more important that the species was already in a sort of "sweet spot" of intelligence, where we start to see behaviors not directly correlated to instinctual survival. I suppose an example of this would be dolphins having sex for pleasure.

Maybe it sounds like I'm moving the goalposts if you think dosing was at the core of our genesis into getting where dolphins already are, right now.
I suppose another example of animals being "prime" for a new pattern of thinking would be evidence of animals starting to use tools.

However, tool usage could even be scrutinized as still being instinctual, and we as humans just attributing the animal's perception of something as a tool or not.

Why don't you stoner faggots go shit up infinitychan with your pathetic "Dude, no way" epiphanies.

How so? Is someone who is merely interested in or experimenting with drugs a burden on society?

Those stories were written way after we were roaming monkeys having orgies as described by McKenna.

because we're already here, dude

I should have clarified, I am aware that DMT isn’t in the amanita but searching google for “muscimol origin of Christmas” doesn’t yield the same results.

here's the problem, though: how do alleged brain changes caused by mushroom use get passed on to offspring? psilocybin isn't mutagenic

They were handed down orally for centuries first