What happened Jow Forums?

How come you never hear guitar solos in top 40 hits anymore?

youtu.be/6PnhlXLHKAE?t=22

Even the black musicians would have guitar solos and well written songs too!

Attached: ftident control room.jpg (400x306, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=77dOUr9lhD8
youtube.com/watch?v=4vTnff0pkgs
youtube.com/watch?v=SuCj-_TIGdw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=p4CUa-GOo1g
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RSkXLOi51nI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gAsLDf-tYlg
youtube.com/watch?v=aeL9gagV_VA
youtube.com/watch?v=phGwHpgKMUA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=D0W1v0kOELA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZC1Pdsppch4
youtube.com/watch?v=SeHv7PQz9r4
youtube.com/watch?v=uoaBjHYsDAg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU
youtube.com/watch?v=IiNNBc557OQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwC2QljLn4
youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co
youtube.com/watch?v=nUvlNhi6Lrg
youtu.be/N2-yVryNjUM?t=2m28s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

are you retarded? rock music has been dead since 2007

go back to listening nigger music

>rock music has been dead since 2007

>Lional Richie
>Rock Music

And you call me retarded?!? bwahahahaha

>go back to listening nigger music

Go away Shlomo, jews can't even play a musical instrument. (ie KISS,etc)

Brown people haven't been able to play guitar since Hendrix died. Unless of course you consider Prince black, in which case, he's dead as well.

Technology happened OP :/

The 90's came along and record execs fell up their own asses promoting often skilless/souless bullshit like "grunge" and "alternative" along with electronica and rap ect.

>guitar solo
>rock music
>wonders why there are not more GUITAR solos when rock music as a whole is dead

>Technology happened OP :/

But they still had much of the same technology in music back in the 80's although it was just emerging at the time.

>Autism. The post. ^^^^

There are loads of successful bands playing guitar and having hit records. They tend to not do well in the singles charts, which are mostly teenage girl oriented, but in the album charts they manage quite nicely. Arctic Monkeys spring to mind. They do well on the festival and touring circuit as well.

>The 90's came along and record execs fell up their own asses promoting often skilless/souless bullshit like "grunge" and "alternative" along with electronica and rap ect.

True, even the indie music before grunge went mainstream was cast aside.

youtube.com/watch?v=77dOUr9lhD8
there are some, it's just that they all got ignored so we could hear fake skaters pound on 2 chords before killing themselves

Its weird how some people think it isn't music unless it follows a pattern of
>intro
>verse
>chorus
>solo
>verse
>chorus
and lasts roughly 3-5 minutes
They don't accept anything that doesn't follow that formula
Its as if people need a radio station and album sales charts to tell them what to like
Meanwhile from where I'm sitting there's never been more great new music than there is right now, for all genres, including rock

Except electronica is skillful. This was before you could make it on computers, so it wasn't easy, especially if it was detailed and complicated.

nice rebuttal. I'm telling you, guitars just aren't 'cool' any more. The entire genre of rock guitar music as a whole itself has died, what hope is there then for a gimmick of that genre ported over to other types of music?

I haven't heard anything good in the last eight years. It's one thing to think music can only have that structure, another to think it should just be one god damn chord progression for the whole thing.

>There are loads of successful bands playing guitar and having hit records. They tend to not do well in the singles charts, which are mostly teenage girl oriented, but in the album charts they manage quite nicely. Arctic Monkeys spring to mind. They do well on the festival and touring circuit as well.

But they don't make quality top 40 hits anymore.

>Vid related.

youtube.com/watch?v=4vTnff0pkgs

I mean they don't do stuff like this, it pisses me off.

>nice rebuttal. I'm telling you, guitars just aren't 'cool' any more. The entire genre of rock guitar music as a whole itself has died, what hope is there then for a gimmick of that genre ported over to other types of music?

No comment.

Attached: 1529543679168.png (1775x646, 1.35M)

There are a lot of "skilled" studio musicians and for-hire touring musicians because they aren't very creative

Name one fucking top 40's song in the past 20 years that comes close to this!

youtube.com/watch?v=SuCj-_TIGdw

Depeche Mode was the last of the greats and it went down hill from there.

Music is dead.

>There are a lot of "skilled" studio musicians and for-hire touring musicians because they aren't very creative

Because you need Quncy Jones in there to tell the autists exactly what to play.

are you even going to try to discuss the topic or are you just going to respond with memes? you're the one that put forward the question

I mean, what you say is true, but it's not as bad as you make out. The singles chart doesn't necessarily reflect the overall state of music, just the particular single buying demographic.
The top40 is a fucking mess though.pic related.

Attached: FireShot Capture 063 - BBC - Radio 1 - Charts - The Of_ - https___www.bbc.co.uk_radio1_chart_singles (714x4712, 1.09M)

>are you even going to try to discuss the topic or are you just going to respond with memes? you're the one that put forward the question

and your answer didn't really suffice sorry to say

Attention spam. Younger generation don't listen to a full song, even when it's cut to radio format, they rarely goes pass the 30sec mark and focus only on the chorus. A guitar solo for them would feel boring and pointless.

>I mean, what you say is true, but it's not as bad as you make out. The singles chart doesn't necessarily reflect the overall state of music, just the particular single buying demographic.
>The top40 is a fucking mess though.pic related.

This! Best post yet, goodnight user you won! Congrats and thanks for playing!!

>Attention spam. Younger generation don't listen to a full song, even when it's cut to radio format, they rarely goes pass the 30sec mark and focus only on the chorus. A guitar solo for them would feel boring and pointless.

Very true.

I write creative country rock folk music ln guitar and sax, however I'm a grey haired old git.
So the chances of anyone wanting to hear me are slim at best, music is a youngsters game

When I look at a painting the last thing I want to think about is the kind of brush that was used, the brand of paint, and the techniques that went into creating it
All I care about is the finished product; how does it make me feel
Music is a lot like that
Sometimes repetitive elements are necessary, like an extremely long hallway before opening into a large room
If what mattered was that the guitarist can run through a bunch of licks better than I can, I'd go watch talent shows

> A bong writing country music on a sax.
May I vomit ?

Here's the album chart for comparison.
You've got the Beach boys, Snow Patrol, Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, Fleetwood Mac, David Bowie. There are zero similar artists in the singles top40, but then again you'll never see many top40 single artists getting booked to play at a festival. It's a age thing.

Attached: FireShot Capture 066 - BBC - Radio 1 - Charts - The Off_ - https___www.bbc.co.uk_radio1_chart_albums (711x4711, 1.1M)

You could if your nation ever had any music talent of its own.

well let me put it this way then. The guitar solo was becoming more and more of a joke. you would see it parodied over and over again on TV. it's kinda a joke for some guy to come out and put the rest of the song on pause for 30 seconds to a minute to play his part.

But as a whole there's been a massive decline in rock music and rock has felt to be in a creative stasis that started with the edgy step-dad rock of the 2000's. Hip Hop has taken over as the most popular genre of music in the US, which does not emphasise guitar. While the popularity and ubiquitousness of rock and roll meant that it's front line instrument -- the guitar -- found it's way into pop music of other genres eg lionel richie, it's just not popular enough so now you have pop music with rap solos in the middle of the bridge because hip hop is what's hot now.

Industry is run by jews and white people with talent can't be paid a McDonald's wage for their skills, so no white artists with white playing ability.

almost every music nog you see with money is perpetually buying shit with money from loans they'll never pay off. The rest are smart enough to put a gun up someones nose and demand cash but that generation is all but gone

>When I look at a painting the last thing I want to think about is the kind of brush that was used, the brand of paint, and the techniques that went into creating it

That's because you are not a painter.

Honest question, do you make music? Don't lie.

Are you joking ?

Napster and the internet happened. That was the death of real music, from people with talent. Now that everyone can make a music video and auto tune can fix bad voices to what this generation of kids call "music".

You make it sound like its a competitive industry or at least flooded. Its not. Anybody can pay for advertising and 300 million fake views on YouTube and suddenly be played in every club and starbucks in the country.

They're taking advantage of people being too lazy to LOOK for music and just taking whats handed to them.

You have so many forms of entertainment now. I was a kid in the 70's and a teen in the 80's. Music was much more important to us then. I can remember buying albums going home just laying on the bed listening to them. We had time for that back then.

Nope, I don't. A long time ago I met somebody who explained to me that he didn't want to make music because he enjoyed listening to it so much, and he felt that attempting to make it would spoil it for him
After watching dozens of friends fumble around trying to play music, and now seeing those same friends stuck in whatever genre/era they chose to focus on, I'm glad I never bothered
Truly creative people are infinitesimally rare, and 99% of all musicians and painters will never create anything that they would enjoy outside of the context of having created it
This difference in how we take in art reminds me of people who can't help but refer to movie characters as the actors name, or people who focus on the camera movement, and various movie-making techniques
It is impossible to truly lose yourself in the movie when you break it down components like that, and I view music the same way

Actual boomer

Toxic masculinity

>They're taking advantage of people being too lazy to LOOK for music and just taking whats handed to them
This basically describes the music industry prior to the internet

I haven't properly listened to any new music since about 2010.

It honestly is dead. Not even indie stuff sounds good to me

>Just hit some metal or nintendo cardboard and you got music

>Sing high piched ching chang and you have just attracted all the fucking basic bitches that go to starbucks

>repeat the same words, do drugs and beat your wife and you have attracted all the 11 year old fortnite kids

This happened

If that's how you feel, I don't think you're wrong to do so, but your condescending attitude and declarations of how to "truly enjoy" music are incredibly laughable.

>It is impossible to truly lose yourself in the movie when you break it down components like that, and I view music the same way

You don't have the first idea of how it feels to compose music, or improvise with other musicians, and yet you're going to tell everyone people who actually do those things don't really know how to lose themselves in music. People aren't born holding guitars. All musicians went from the point of ignorance you are at to being knowledgeable about what they do, and that doesn't stop them from enjoying music, and in fact in every case they are more knowledgeable and more passionate than anybody who just listens to music, and especially others who critique others' taste.

This is just a post that is essentially meant to declare it's stupid for anybody (yes anybody, you don't have a magic sticker on your body that says "you are a creative person", no creative people even think they are that creative) to even try to make music. That makes loads of sense. The guy who thinks it's a dumb idea for music to even exist is the one who truly enjoys it more than anybody else.

Guns & Roses: Knocking On Heavens Door. Tokyo 1992.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=p4CUa-GOo1g
Earphones recommended

Attached: IMG_4722.jpg (400x400, 37K)

Because it's been done a billion times and people got bored of it.
I'm a guitarist, and I'm bored of it.

What the fuck are you guys on
We’re literally living in “peak” music times
In part thanks technology for putting music production means at everyone’s reach and also because currently both underground and mainstream music are continuously influencing each other
But yeah rockist music or any sort of music that puts emphasis on instrumental skills has been dead forma while. Nobody is interested in that sort of music anymore.
The music of today is singer/songwriter music and electronically produced music. The concept of “bands” is now largely avoided or even frowned upon.

And by this I don’t mean the good band and rock music from the past is no longer appreciated. It is, it’s just nobody wants “new” of that.

Attached: Untitled-1.png (553x273, 25K)

You just might be right about DM. Glad I grew up in the 80's.

I don't agree at all. In fact, it seems music is completely homogenized now. No artist has a unique identity or sound.

god i hate it when im at a party and it starts getting late so impatientfags start changing the song every 30 sec, total party pooper. Gas?

>You don't have the first idea of how it feels to compose music, or improvise with other musicians
That doesn't mean I can't appreciate musicians who do, like Fugazi or Paul Desmond.
Yet when I listen to a song I'm not sitting there thinking about the blast-beats, or the chord progression, or the time signature, or the lack of a solo.
I believe that attitude is what leads to bands typically declining over time, with their early years being their most creative.
I'm sure all these bands are superior musicians after 20 years in the game, nevertheless most of them fail to make inspiring creative music as time goes on.
They're probably sitting around thinking "wtf, we've got a sick solo, that fast section, and the building intro... why don't people like it as much as [insert early hit]"
Its as if they're thinking of art scientifically
Anyway, I meant no offense

Oceanic Intensity: Dream Tripping
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RSkXLOi51nI
You have to dance to this even if you can't dance. They are such happy people in the boom of the 90's. This is where many amoungst you were conceived BTW.

Peak pop was hit by Jane Weidlin. She's a mini mouse cutesy jewess playing a guitar that's bigger than she is and she snogs a real live dolphin in this video on the mouth. It gets me so hard
Jane Weidlin: Rush Hour
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gAsLDf-tYlg

>18 years ago
ha fucker

youtube.com/watch?v=aeL9gagV_VA

Attached: saltminesofpepe.jpg (1051x820, 605K)

I consider myself fortunate to not know the typical top 40 songs until vids like this come up.

youtube.com/watch?v=phGwHpgKMUA

all kinds of metal music is still alive an well, with all thw guitar solos you could ever want. It's just fypically not in the top charts anywhere, and if it is, it's only for a short time.

>That doesn't mean I can't appreciate musicians who do, like Fugazi or Paul Desmond.

I didn't say you couldn't. My point was that "losing yourself" to the music is not one specific thing that only non-musicians can experience. The feeling of listening to an amazing piece of music for the first time is the same feeling as when you are composing something really good for the first time, yet there's no contest between the two, because the feeling you get from composing or jamming is the same thing but on a completely new level, that absolutely dwarfs the former feeling.

>I believe that attitude is what leads to bands typically declining over time, with their early years being their most creative.

I have found, universally, that as musicians usually get older and more experienced, they make even better music, but it's better for the same reason most norps think it is worse: it is less apologetic. When musicians get older, especially ones who don't care about fame, they start making music much more because of what they want than what others want, which leads to most rejecting them. I listen to music because it's the only way you can directly experience the life and personality of the artist, but for most laymen, it's more about their own egos and experiences and how the music sympathizes with that, so it's a very self-centered experience, which offers little room to accept an artist when they are truly expressing themselves.

Like I said, if musicians were to truly internalize what you are saying, music would not exist, because if what you are saying is objectively true, then the only way to truly appreciate music is to never make it. That seems very backwards and counterproductive to me...

Or just classics like Freebird... it's a bit like going to church
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Freebird
m.youtube.com/watch?v=D0W1v0kOELA

There's plenty in Synthwave. Stop complaining

>Jews can't even play a musical instrument
>One of the most popular guitar riffs of the 80's
youtube.com/watch?v=ZC1Pdsppch4

Attached: This is your sister.jpg (2048x1366, 154K)

For me this is the best pop song I can think of. The bass part is just incomprehensible. It's a song in and of itself...

youtube.com/watch?v=SeHv7PQz9r4

Oh the irony

Attached: IMG_4944.png (750x1334, 719K)

youtube.com/watch?v=uoaBjHYsDAg
Jewyist looking bad of all time.
Bob Dylan is also a jew... never really liked his music though.
But it's true that ANGLOS DOMINATE MUSIC. Look up the most popular bands and its almost all englishmen.

Attached: Labyrinth(1986)Original.jpg (1038x1600, 437K)

All the good musicians became counter-semites due to prolonged jew exposure.

Now jews can only hire trash musicians who can't play shit.

Radio sucks to the point that I can't even stand to turn it on.

I just blew my earpods out, forgot to turn them down after Freebird and XTC came in loud.
I've no big finish. Can't think of another one that's up to the standard already set. I should be at the bank but I'm drinking coffee and dancing with myself in the kitchen, so I'm listening to this last topical pop song then getting off. Good thread, non of those tunes were bad and I did them all.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU

autotuned nigger mumbling is the new guitar solo

youtube.com/watch?v=IiNNBc557OQ

Attached: Lemmy jew finger.jpg (446x750, 76K)

top 40 is hand-selected by Jews, it's a curated list of jewish audio slop meant to be spammed on the audio systems in stores, gyms, lobbies, waiting rooms, taxis and buses and cars, etc to condition goyim to be good goys. top 40 has nothing to do with the sort of organic/viral popularity that you retardedly believe it does simply because the phrase "top 40" tricked your stupid livestock brain into believing such

Link it you cock tease
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwC2QljLn4

Not listening to Greta Van Fleet

youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co

Attached: album-bg.jpg (608x615, 142K)

Yeah not listening.
If I want Led Zeppelin 1 I'll listen to Led Zeppelin 1.

Attached: Lookatthisgraph.jpg (625x415, 36K)

Motörhead-Overkill |HD| !LIVE!

youtube.com/watch?v=nUvlNhi6Lrg

for some reason every country pop song has these killer little guitar solos
youtu.be/N2-yVryNjUM?t=2m28s

I'm only here to argue with lies. I'm black and I play better than you do.