Jow Forumslit thread 1

Somebody made a similar thread, and I liked that, also a rusanon made a comfy thread so I want it to be a regular thing. Been reading all that rides must converge by FLANnery O’Conner, only finished the first story but it’s pretty good - what are you reading?

Attached: 5922F0C3-468D-415C-B8B1-3BF53D7DF1D1.jpg (425x300, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=44wePC5papE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i'm reading your post!

Attached: 1529425429730.png (954x537, 473K)

Noice

I wish i could still keep my attention on something for more than half a hour desu

Attached: __kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_kabaji__d22adfefa5f78fe599a831ea4e087a61.jpg (889x1000, 1.3M)

im reading the bible

Read some short stories, and then move on to novellas then to novels. Say what you want about /lit/, they have a good taste in literature

Attached: 9190891C-583F-408F-A471-2188CF86E1F5.jpg (1988x2085, 820K)

What part of it you are currently reading?

im an ultra slow reader and can never find the time to read, so im still on the first book of moses

bump
why does bant hate reading

>Reading
Stupid

>reading
>posts 2hu
fucking off yourself you're a disgrace to literature

The last person who posted the thread did it, I am pretty sure it would be better that I read literature then if I read fantasy and not be a 'disgrace to literature'. People can be into sophisticated things as well as low-bow things, at least I don't read anything low-brow, don't forget that Joyce liked PULP (Fantomas) and that sophisticated Gothic works (a genre that includes the Brothers Karamazov) had to come from a previously unsophisticated genre - you snobbish cunt.

If you don't like 2hu you can always leave this board

Still on Numbers lol
We can make it literary, together

Come now Kobe. You just modified what I put down.

I haven't read an actual full book in years

Attached: filename.png (450x302, 60K)

dum

well i'm reading Forest of the Hanged and The Dark Side by Anthony O'Neill
but i'm caught with studying for my fucking exams

no u

reading discworld series
currently something like halfway through equal rites

>low iq

Attached: 1528582384708.jpg (475x352, 32K)

haha yes u

>Reading the internet makes you high IQ

I can't get interested in them any more desu I put them down after the first page I actually used to like reading too

Attached: 1396770322375.jpg (256x512, 33K)

if you want you can pick a book from here and try to read it, if you can't decide then roll a post and keep in mind that starting from the top left book every book counts as two digits - eg. 92 would be a hero in our time, since it repeats from 88.

>Forest of the Hanged and The Dark Side
ah cool, I haven't heard of that one. Possibly because it must not be very well known outside Romania, I like finding out about literature that I would over wise never hear of, thanks.

IMAGINE HOLDING SAKUYA'S LEG

OH MY GOD UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
THIS IS THE FUCKING SHIT
JUST LOOK AT THAT MEAT.
AOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I CAN'T HOLD MYSELF
JUST LOOOK AT THEM
FUCKKKKKKKKKING HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

what the fuck are you doing doc?

he has PTSD, leave him

ye same desu, i think vidyas and internet replaced reading for me after some time

Attached: 1469945162793.jpg (270x270, 17K)

a good technique would be at least to dedicate 5 minuets everyday, then possibly add another 5 minuets and another 5 etc. over time to practice training your concentration.

which would you recommend

i`ll probably pick up some short story collection probably and start reading them one a day desu

Attached: __houraisan_kaguya_izayoi_sakuya_and_komeiji_koishi_touhou_drawn_by_e_o__sample-00830b2ac3fbc778531e (850x1199, 248K)

fuck i swear to god there was only one probably when i typed that

The Stranger is very good for beginners, I then recommend something like the Great Gatsby and after that Notes From the Underground simply because it is really good.
I recommend Franz Kafka or Raymond Carver, maybe even Jorge Luis Borges because his stories are really short

happens to me all the time desu~

Hehe, i was thinking about Borges too actually, guess thats the sign i should finally pick him up desu

Attached: 1259031668632.jpg (401x392, 27K)

yeah, he is pretty good

time to try and find my library card I suppose

Attached: ahhhhh.jpg (500x606, 36K)

If you want to read "Forest of the Hanged" I also recommand reading "The Last Night of Love, the First Night of War"
the 1st book it's about an romanian fighting in WW1 for Austro-Hungary
the 2nd book it's about a failed love and the beginning of the WW1.
the books are basically describing the same frontline of war but from different perspectives
I remember in the forest of the hanged there's a scene where an german lieutenant(or second lieutenant?) criticize the Romania's capability of making war saying things like "they are chaotic, unorganized, etc etc"
In The Last Night there's is a german lieutenant who says the same thing (tho I don't know if it's the same) saying things like "If Romania would've knew to make war, I wouldn't have been here breathing"(something close to this) (he was caught and meets the main protagonist at infirmary)
but they are more than just war, at least The Last Night which it's a psychological novel

thanks, seems interesting as well

>The Last Night of Love, the First Night of War
do you know of any translation of this into English? I cant seem to find any, which seems a shame, if I ever learn Romanian/if there is a English translation then I will be sure to try it.

pff I don't think there is a translated version, wewlad I thought there's one
i'll try and search more

I FUCKING DID IT I'M LIVING MEME CAN YOU FUCKING BELIEVE IT WHAHAHAHAHAHHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHEHEHEHEHHEHEWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOOEOEOEOEOOEOEOOOGOGOGOGGOGGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGHAHAHHAHDHAAHAHPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFHAHAHHAHAH
I CAN'T

Did Dr.Gay4Dick finally slip down the deep end?

after you

Attached: __kagiyama_hina_touhou_drawn_by_hammer_sunset_beach__fd55add36f35e857a67eda552cd2bcb4.jpg (800x600, 376K)

he was never quite there to begin with lol

based and redpilled

literally nothing wrong with reading 2hu
youtube.com/watch?v=44wePC5papE