Bant /lit/thread 2

Feel free to talk about film, history, photography, art, philosophy, music etc. Think of this as a ‘culture’ general, but with literature as the main emphasis. Even though you don’t have to, you are encouraged to talk about works native to your country; this relates well with the international nature of the board, giving the thread a sense of purpose different from something like /lit/, but helps to enrich all anons.

I want this to be something anyone can pop in and out of, so please try and necro-bump it for a week.

Attached: 6F361AE0-A210-47D2-8116-E6F953550C00.png (640x480, 407K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs
m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=166&v=GlKL_EpnSp8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like the idea but I think I might be too brainlet to participate.

Attached: Yuuko.png (417x444, 211K)

NO
READ BOOK

No you are not, you have to start somewhere and part of this thread is to help anons start reading

Attached: 7ED95A7D-4514-4DC6-9FB0-80E525FC8650.jpg (2700x2450, 1.76M)

I don't know if Jow Forums can handle a /lit/ general. I mean, I create threads like this from time to time when I pick up something new or finish something good and in most cases its around 3-5 anons up for a discussion. Was different with philosophy though, Jow Forums turned out to be really knowledgeable on the subject.

Also if you feel like it, feel free to post Patchouli in this thread.

Attached: D46BC538-B7A3-44F0-A3A6-CF7050F6F692.jpg (1358x1968, 1.12M)

What, like Siege?

What type of literature would you recommend? Like a specific category?

We were just pretending to be retarded shut up

I am going for a broad spectrum of subjects to make up for the initial small amount of posters, so philosophical discussions is encouraged.

That might actually work then. Good luck!

I mostly read literary-fiction or classic literature, /lit/ made a starter pack if you are interested, the best books for starting are: The stranger, Dorian Grey, what we talk about when we talk about love, the Great Gatsby, the metamorphosis, ficciones and Lolita.

Attached: A9C6E9AD-15E7-4E62-BB57-9DF0E761E20A.jpg (1032x2451, 894K)

Thanks!

Thanks for the recommendations. I have read a few already like Gatsby and Odyssey. I will check out the rest.

Cicero and Marcus Aurelius.

Read BAP Book

What do you think?

Attached: 9ACF8E66-0062-421F-932B-AD1F2AE83310.jpg (1200x1700, 301K)

>Think
>Reading

>America

bump

No updates from yesterday?

youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs

reminder that this is the only supreme author everyone else is shit

Attached: 12395.jpg (298x475, 17K)

Literally who

Well, it's kind of expected that a thread like this would be slow even after expanding the discussion material.

also which Bergman film do you recommend me watching next?

Attached: 220px-Albert_Camus,_gagnant_de_prix_Nobel,_portrait_en_buste,_posé_au_bureau,_faisant_face_à_gauch (220x264, 20K)

youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs

Proust would be to differ desu~

I don't know any

he is pretty good, you should watch one of his films

Attached: seventh-seal-the-1957-003-death-max-von-sydow-behind-bars-00m-g2g.jpg (1000x750, 130K)

OK
Will do sometime

Persona is my favourite film of his btw

>written decades before the edgier in the rye, before the beginning of WW2
>post-modernism/realism
>semi-autobiographical work
>extreme pessimism and misanthropy and revulsion against society exploding in every single page
>constantly arguing about the gap between rich and poorer classes
>message still valid nowadays
>constant reminder that the only true prize humanity gets in the end is death
>argot
>censored in cuckrope bcuz muh political writings aboot de joows
>author literally was born in shit, lived in shit and died in shit
>still being persecuted nowadays cuz jooz

Oh
It looks like you really like this guy
If I can get my hands on him I will read

Do you also like Dazai? And I know that they are extremely different, but how about Baudelaire and Rimbaud?

Idk i've been obsessed with him since reading his most popular work. Currently reading North. It's fucking sad how his imagination is more tragic than reality.

I don't know about japanese writers except Isuna Hasekura and some decent VNs.
Otherwise I can't get into full realism novels. I kinda need that feeling of introspection the first person narrative gives you and I have a hard time processing detailed scenery. Hence I'd rather stick to first person only.

I have a lot to read, I have Journey to the End of the Night but it is too long to start now. Did he write any good short stories that I can check out?
Dazai isn't really the type of author to describe a lot of scenery, also both School Girl and No Longer Human are first person and both have the type of narrator that you are looking for. Did you read Notes from the Underground? That might be something you would like.

It's still a good read anyway. If you can read 30 pages a day you'll finish it withing 2 weeks.
And no idk, I want to finish every Celine's work fist before moving on. His later works aren't as good as Journey but they still have an interesting point of view and his argot never tires me.

Ok, I will start reading some pages per day on the side when my exams are finished.

Going to sleep in an hour
Someone please bump while I sleep if that's okay

Yeah, me too after I watch a film. This thread wouldn’t make sense if it was posted regularly, too darn slow

piss nigger cunt

Attached: 1521509771830.png (561x622, 394K)

Humbert-humbert Spain is back

Attached: 3c9fa4aef493aa6cc554b9d35185dc4b.jpg (708x1000, 278K)

Post books

pls

Attached: ssp.jpg (329x399, 35K)

of course, 600 pages of biochem and metabolic routes only for you, very worth reading.

Attached: IMG_20180622_235935.jpg (1850x2411, 505K)

I used to like biochem
I only remember the basics now

Attached: Very sad.jpg (1000x750, 103K)

m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=166&v=GlKL_EpnSp8

I hated any science, thank god I don’t have to do that again