Practicing Japanese

How long should I practice this shit a day? Most people say an hour a day but fuck that that's not long enough. How long is long enough in which I learn better and I don't immediately forget everything the next day?

Attached: japanese-rising-sun-flag-std_1.jpg (800x800, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2zo2ctk7lt4
youtube.com/watch?v=JH-SLkSFJ6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

commit seppuku

Not until I'm fluent, then I will.

10 minutes every other day.

Start with 2 minutes the first day, then double that time each day afterward.

24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Attached: Brian Stelter 146.jpg (800x599, 300K)

He would have to do it for more than 24 hours after 11 days

You will NEVER learn Japanese

Attached: 1521682335889.jpg (1705x985, 162K)

Learn Polish instead

Unless you're autistically obsessed with a language, you'll never be fluent unless you interact with people who also speak that language.

This

10 minutes every other day is it all it takes, unless you're a brainlet.

about 8 hours a day and you'll make it

Attached: 5325.jpg (612x344, 118K)

try not being a brainlet

ofcourse its an american flag

Why bully?

Why are you learning J*panese?

I just like the language. Plus it seems easy to me so far.

>Why bully?
>1521682335889.jpg
Because he envies you

Attached: 1514166587992.png (1096x492, 158K)

subscribe to a fuckton of jap channels and hang around 2ch until you memorize all the kanji lol

>it seems easy to me so far.
>How long should I practice this shit a day? Most people say an hour a day but fuck that that's not long enough. How long is long enough in which I learn better and I don't immediately forget everything the next day?
you must be at least 18 to use this site.

I've already started learning faggot. I just want to adjust my practice times.

What the fuck is this extreme archival wizardry? Jesus man.

Attached: IMG_1873.jpg (337x82, 5K)

It depends. What's your current level?

As of now I know half of the Hiragana and some basic words.

mfw im in the screencap

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

youtube.com/watch?v=2zo2ctk7lt4

youtube.com/watch?v=JH-SLkSFJ6s

lol give up now. spending more than 3 or 4 days on hiragana does not bode well for learning 2200+ kanji. maybe just learn some phrases like "it's good weather today, isn't it?" and "when will the next train arrive?"

I can write and read over 2400 kanji and I'm still shit at reading katakana, humans are retarded like that

Attached: 1529664154269.jpg (633x640, 57K)

>I can write and read over 2400 kanji
>I'm still shit at reading katakana
You might as well just learn Chinese at that point.

That's actually a good idea
I wish I could pop a boner for Chinese pop culture

tfw supposedly know 2000+ kanji and still can't speak a lick of jipinese.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-24-11-32-10.png (1080x1920, 108K)

Noo not the language learning girl of impossibility

Kanji tells you nothing about the sounds and is only used to communicate meaning and context.
You learn the meaning of each character without knowing anything about how each character is pronounced.
>I wish I could pop a boner for Chinese pop culture
You do not want to do that.

You should probably forget about focusing on random words and phrases for now, they won't be of any use until you learn both kanji and grammar. This is what I suggest you do:

1. Learn hiragana and katakana. It shouldn't take you more than a few days to start getting familiar with it and you will use it everywhere so you'll get plenty of chances to practice. Also you will need it to learn other things (if your study material uses romaji drop it immediately)

2. Start learning kanji right now. It doesn't matter how much grammar and shit you know if you don't know kanji. It might be tough at first but it gets surprisingly easy after some time and it will improve A LOT your memorization skills (which answers your original question). Also don't even bother learning how to write them, it's absolutely useless unless you want to land an administrative kind of job or something like that. And also don't forget to use mnemonics, they really are a huge help

3. Once you know a decent amount of basic kanji (200 should be a good number to get started) you can start learning grammar. Japanese grammar is not that difficult so you'll most likely be good at it way before you finish learning kanji

Attached: 89a[1].png (1200x600, 289K)

>You learn the meaning of each character without knowing anything about how each character is pronounced
Why would I study words without their pronunciation?

haha u called

Attached: 1447018555883.jpg (650x560, 163K)

You shouldn't, but I'm saying that you can know 2000+ characters without speaking a bit of Japanese.

Download that Absolute Pimpsleur's Japanese course and give it a shot. It's a terrible idea to learn the language with it but it makes you speak a lot and this can't be bad for you. I think it might make a decent supplementary resource for those who have already learned some grammar.
>Also don't even bother learning how to write them, it's absolutely useless
It's easier to remember them if you write though

I don't know grammar that well, and stuff, and can't form my own independent thoughts/sentences. I haven't read or really studied in a long time and just do anki out of habit, so that's why I no speak.
I'll check it out.

>It's easier to remember them if you write though
Maybe, but I think it's not worth the effort. I'd rather spend that time learning words that use the kanji (which also helps remember and it's more useful) rather than trying to remember how to properly draw 20 strokes

It wasn't even that much of a hassle, honestly

Attached: 1524257763055.png (325x247, 54K)

Real talk, i would recommend you to take it on your own pace, maybe 3 or 4, maybe even 8 or 9 if you are desperate to learn jap quickly

Why? Are you one of those weeks that think Japan would adore you, or do you like to travel and stuff?

>user it's beddy bed time
>I'M LEARNING WAPANESE B....BAKA
and then everyone was kung-fu fighting

He wants to watch anime without subs

I'm just interested in the language and culture, and eventually wish to travel there. And no I don't think they would.

Fuck no nigger

only brainlets need a specific reason to learn something new

This is me

Just don't be some cringey weeb, or Logan/Jake Paul (Them Japs would never forgive you) and things shouldn't be too bad. Obviously you'll wanna learn the Laws of Japan and get the appropriate documents. You know the rest, like Don't talk to strangers you've never met, be sure you're in contact with someone you trust who loves there and avoid the Anime Conventions. Never been to any foreign soil so I can't help outside of suggesting common sense. I hope you don't screw it up.

you retard

this

Thanks lol. I'll try

It's a good start.