What the fuck guys you said this was going to be a regular thing
I demand updates and book-blogposts this second

Attached: Read.png (430x313, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Enchanted_World
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ok

Attached: 2.jpg (574x500, 73K)

Don't feel sad, user. Reading anything good?

I'm starting Terry Goodkind's huge huge fantasy series
It starts with "Wizard's First Rule"

Mein Kampf, Kampf um Berlin and the Alternative :^)

he said anything good

Sounds pretty nice. Not very fond of fantasy stuff in general, but used to get sucked into a couple of them several years ago. Also, was recommended to give Pratchett a choice, so now I just have to try it.

> Mein Kampf
Meme book
Well I like him. His books are nice and engaging
What does Pratchett do?

Writing chapter 2, had to scrap it from the beginning because it didn’t flow right.

Terry Pratchett and his "Discworld series". I've heard a lot of people praise it.

I recently read 1984 after putting it off for ages.

I’m also reading some lord of the rings.

I read the “That Costly Ride” by Maupassant. Other then that, exams are in the way of reading and I am bouncing books like a hyperactive 12 year old. Might write something, might read a some other short stories by other writers in the meanwhile.

O goodie I have those I can read with you guys

A door just opened on a street--
I, lost, was passing by--
An instant's width of warmth disclosed
And wealth, and company.

The door as sudden shut, and I,
I, lost, was passing by,--
Lost doubly, but by contrast most,
Enlightening misery.

What do you folks think of Emily Dickinson?

Finally got my hands on full collection of Enchanted world series desu

She's excellent
Name of the first book?

Anyone got any good non-fiction?

Theres no first book desu, you can start with whichever you want
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Enchanted_World

i read the first paragraph of dune about 2 months ago

IDK non-fiction is for nerds
gj you're doing better than me

I just finished reading The Collector by John Fowles.
About a butterfly collector who is obsessed with a girl, so he kidnaps her. The first half is from his point of view, then you also get her perspective through her diary entries which make the other half.

Attached: The Collector - John Fowles.jpg (706x1080, 64K)

Reading my pocket guide to the US constitution so that’s pretty cool

I read that book! Made me feel some pretty strange feels. Not sure what to make of it desu

It's a pretty distressing read, I wasn't enjoying the feeling but I couldn't put it down. I get what you mean.

Jow Forums LIED

PEOPLE DIED

This is good thead, but I have nothing to add up.

Attached: __hakurei_reimu_izayoi_sakuya_kazami_yuuka_kirisame_marisa_shameimaru_aya_and_others_john_wick_and_t (844x1200, 499K)

Would you recommend it?

You know what’s weirder

My fucking high school English teacher made us read that book that absolute madman

Absolutely, it's not just misery - there's a lot about art, some politics and people's personalities in there too. Really good read.

He was trying to prevent your class growing up to be how Miranda describes Ferdinand, perhaps? That's a horrid thing to do to high school kids though lmao

I also started reading ‘on the education of young girls’ but never finished it

Bump

Attached: 08F4AF2F-8481-4527-A63F-61687A2506C3.jpg (1358x1968, 1.12M)

So I am back and am reading "Learn Python the Hard Way" and the book is savage as fuck. Check it:

A programmer may try to get you to install Python 3 and learn that. Say, “When all the Python code on your computer is Python 3, then I’ll try to learn it.” That should keep him or her busy for about 10 years.
A programmer will eventually tell you to use Mac OSX or Linux. If the programmer likes fonts and typography, he’ll tell you to get a Mac OSX computer. If he likes control and has a huge beard, he’ll tell you to install Linux. Again, use whatever computer you have right now that works. All you need is an editor, a Terminal, and Python.

Later, nerds.

Attached: BD8A0849-ABAE-4DBA-924B-1ABBE107F0CA.png (600x576, 276K)