Lovecraft is a racist pig. Should we leave it in oblivion...

Lovecraft is a racist pig. Should we leave it in oblivion? Or should we ignore it and appreciate its literature despite its disgusting prejudices?

Attached: Howard_Phillips_Lovecraft.jpg (300x443, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jg9VCf5einY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Lovecraft is a racist pig.
Duh but I don't care

I wish I did not care either, because I like his literature, but I can not ignore that fact like the others

definitely. I refuse to consume media from anybody who disagrees with me about anything. Further, I refuse to talk to them at all.

Burn all books written by racists.

He's dead

get the fuck over it

yes, but he lives on through his writings, which, if not destroyed, should at least be shunned and ignored, and those who read it shamed and chastised.

It's a bit to late to destroy, don't you think?

*too

it's never to late to right the wrongs of racism, no matter how steep or impossible the task may seem

obvious bait

Could somebody give me a short resume of Lovecraft's books and explain why he is racist? Haven't read any of it but I know he's the one who created a lot of popular monster tales.

too strong? I'm no good at playing the part I guess.

nah you just infuriated me so much that i knew it had to be on purpose

Okay johnny good luck with that

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.
t. Lovecraft

That is not the case, although you have a point. His ideas on the subject are not pleasant to me, but maybe it's like weapons, it's not the weapons that are to blame, but who uses them for evil purposes

I will do it, I promise

If you don't like his commentary on race, you should know not all his works include it. The Outsider in particular is very fantastic and I don't believe it's touched upon there.

Watch this if you wanna kill in hour
youtube.com/watch?v=jg9VCf5einY

that documentary was great yeah

yeah it was

Ok, i will watch it

aw fuck the video spoils The Outsider for the mexican