Learning Japanese

How come when I tell someone I'm learning Japanese I'm immediately labeled or called a weeb. I just like the language and the culture. Fuck anime.

Attached: 1398882619042.png (807x800, 59K)

When i tell people that im learning french they say hon hon baguette and then tell me that it's cool how i can go to francophone places and talk to them but then they say baguette omelette fromage again and im sad

Learn your own culture before getting so absorbed into others.

i know you'll be no good at it weeb, you'll go 3 months fail to memorize their alphabet and quit lmao

Attached: 1528823503367.jpg (700x700, 44K)

Tell them its for a business venture,

>Americans have culture
What did he mean by this?

>tfw memorized Hiragana and Katakana in under a week

wait i dont get it, does that mean u memorized the entire vocabulary of the language already ?

Hiragana and Katakana. Not Kanji yet. I'm not gonna memorize 2000+ characters.

I'll of course learn as I see them, but it's idiotic to try to do them all at once.

its rough for us. Hopefully it'll get better user

Sounds like a good idea.

The United States has culture, though it's disappearing at a rapid rate. It's the combination of many European cultures that have come here in the past with a shared history and it has formed a unique "American White" or "European American" culture. Many of the "pure" races of today are the mixed ones of yesterday.

Yea, because not enough content and aesthetics unique to America are being created to give the populace a sense of pride. It was a bad idea to entertain the idea of modernism and subsequent movements being "High Art" and letting them take over the highest echelons of art academia. Also humanism.

In my opinion, it's not the higher "American Culture" that matters, it's too artificial. It's the smaller cultures that have developed that people are truly attached to. I identify more with Texas than the USA. The United States was founded on Liberal principles, it's unstable. But still, the founding fathers intended for the United States to have restricted immigration for Europeans only, and they even narrowed it down from there. Many of them also worked toward getting the Africans back to Africa. It was only with the work of members of the Jewish race that policies majorly affecting culture were changed over time.

Don't worry user, your efforts will pay in time. Keep it up

j'existe seulement pour vous amener les beurettes

voulez-vous-en ?

Ramènes plutôt du boeuf séché. Ceux vendus en France sont immondes, tandis que les vôtres sont un délice

weeb

It's a matter of assimilation, much less an innate issue of race. You act as if a culture is intrinsic to a racial/ethnic group, when there are numerous examples, especially within the United States, of this not being true. To prevent complete collapse of a nation as it is under the stress of extreme differences between people groups-- the true fruit of multiculturalism-- is to bring about assimilationist programs to local cultures, in not a concept of a national culture. The answer is not to further the cultural divide between the communities of say white and blacks, but to what has never been done and break the destructive identitarianism of both, especially that of the black community which proves to be the most extreme example of group isolationism in the country. Perhaps through assimilation houses, as was done for immigrants in the 19th and early 20th centuries, perhaps through rigorous civic programs teaching government, state, and national identity, perhaps through original content celebrating America and its innate native-born cultures cobbled throughout the states.

j'avait voulu parler des putains de peau marron mais l'idée de boeuf séché est plus attractif pour moi

je l'adore, je le mangeais chaque fois que mon père l'achète, mais c'est pas seulement le boeuf qui j'aime séché

toutes les viandes doivent être séchés

pourquoi tu m'as donné ce sensation de tel faim, c'est terrible et j'ai un régime qu'il faut de suivre aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

il me faut suivre ? pardonne c'est difficile d'être amère - icain

Il me faut suivre effectivement.

No worry amerifriend, I still struggle with english as well when it comes to more complex things. Bought a Stephen King book in english and shit, I must use Google translation every 3-5 lines.

je lis maintenant la peste

j'ai entendu que les oeuvres de camus sont assez facile (pour le royaume de littérature) mais je le lis si, si lentement (aussi ouais j'ai besoin d'aide vocabulaire quelques fois par page mais c'est moins embêtant que la vitesse)

African American culture is an undesirable element that must not continue to mix with White American culture. Culture stems from race. When people stay in a certain area for many generations, either rejecting or not coming into contact with foreign elements and reproducing among themselves, they develop identifiable characteristics outside of what they look like which is mostly shaped by their environment: art, legends, religions, music, food, clothing, philosophy, behaviors, and so on are made to be unique from others. If one decides to move into a foreign territory that accepts them, as so many are forced to do in these times, then they cannot claim to share their culture all of a sudden.

Les oeuvres de Camus sont très accessibles. Essaies de lire L'Étranger qui est godtier.

Toute est une question d'apprentissage. Mieux vaut retenir les mots et expressions qu'aller vite

>tfw me too

honestly a lot easier than i thought, and by the looks of it kanji shouldn't be that hard either, simply a little more time consuming

Ouais, je suis bien sûr d'accord car je trouvais quelques phrases qui sont faciles et ont pas besoin de traduction mental et c'est bon :)

Je lirai sûrement prochain (surement?) L'Étranger, quand j'étais au Québec j'ai trouvé à Montréal un magasin des oeuvres usés (les livres mais aussi les dessins etc.) et j'y ai achetés proche de $140 CAD en livres

ils seront des très intéressants années je pense, peut-être je peux également améliorer mon élocution et compréhension orale pour grandir mon taux de compréhension en conversation de 66% à 99% :)

Kanji is pretty shit. Most of them can be said many different ways. I'm just gonna memorize the most popular way one is said and move on. After Kanji I'm sure you just gotta master the grammar and pronunciation and you're good to go.

Learn whatever. Language is a good stimulation for a brain. I speak 3 languages, two of them fluently, and being able to think in more than one feels amazing. I'd like to learn something exotic but I guess learning to read in latin and cyryllic is top of my capabilities.
Just a script. You know latin alphabet but I bet you won't understand a single word from Polish, Hungarian or Malay.

kurwa (courldva)

No dobra kurwa, this one doesn't count. It's virtually international now.

Joli !

Force à toi user, puisses tu devenir un parfait francophone

:-) et peut-être, un jour, tu deviendras un parfait francophone aussi par déménager vers québec

une blague au revoir

Kek