I'm trying the carnivore diet for a few months. But I honestly can't tell if it is healthy...

I'm trying the carnivore diet for a few months. But I honestly can't tell if it is healthy. Common sense tells me it can't be since it is:
>red meat
>cheese
>eggs
>no veggies or fruit
But at the same time it eliminates all the simple grains and processed foods. Thoughts? Is the carnivore diet "redpilled"?

Attached: carnivore.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dee5FwKOnkM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't you eat enough cock already, OP?

Attached: 1522622598263.png (411x428, 229K)

If you're going to do it you need lean meats and cut out as much of the fat as you can. Usually this means spending more for the more expensive cuts.

DUDE BRO HOMIE DAWG THIS IS Jow Forums, NOT Jow Forums

No I actually crave carbs and I'm a bit overweight. I've done it for 2 days and the cravings have started to go away. I know it's kind of an all or nothing thing but carbs are addictive.

You're gonna die my dude

wrong board.
take the lead diet.

S
a
g
e

This is where I'm not sure though. Because for a long time fats were said to be bad for you but now it is coming out that isn't true.

just saying ull probably go into ketosis and lose a lotta weight due to the low carb intake. i was on a diet that was

Wrong, I've been doing the Keto diet for 6 months and have lost 80lbs eating fatty meats, don't buy into the lean meat jew

It's retarded and expensive as fuck why not eat like a normal human being instead of some normie fad (fag) diet

Asbolutely not. It's not the butter or the meat that's unhealthy, it's the absolute omission of essential micronutrients found only in vegetables. Do keto or paleo if you like, but humans are not carnivors. Stop that. Fresh vegetables are the basis for any healty diet.

It isn't the wrong board considering the health of americans has been heavily decided by jews that put out studies and push it on media and the news. Then Americans watch the news report and take their word as gospel.

Humans have molars for a reason. You're just hurting yourself by doing this. Why can't you just stop dieting and eat a balanced meal like a human?

Attached: 1495402586225.jpg (495x699, 62K)

You're wrong as fuck

this fats give you energy.

If you crave carbs it could mean you are becoming diabetic.
Cut the carbs, sugar and eat a lot of vegetables especially those full of potassium.
Eat a moderate amount of proteins and some fats too.

you will lose the carb cravings completely over time
and when you go back to them on a cheat day or whatever, you will not like them. i did very strict very high fat keto for a bit over a year before people started telling me i looked "thin", and then started doing cheat meals. soda was unbearably sweet and disgusting.
carnivore diet is a meme, but keto has been commonplace since the 70's in bodybuilding and fitness.

Yeah the only thing that bothers me is the lack of veggies. I think I will add them in later.

veggies are good, fag

eat lots of kale

Eat a salad and a huge steak everday and that's it.

No. You're going to be constapated as fuck.

Stick with veggies, fruit, and clean meats (i.e. poultry) and workout and you'll be good. What you're doing now is retarded

Thanks, brah. Yeah I want to do this diet for awhile but add fresh veggies.

there is no reason to not add fresh leafy greens in right now. it will also help you take beast shits

You gotta get over the initial bump, yeah. It'll pass within 3-5 days usually. Be sure to have plenty of vegetables though, I tried keto for two months and lost 10kg, had to quit because it stopped me from gaining at the gym.

Keep on it dude, easiest way to lose weight you'll ever find.

>No veggies

What the fuck is this meme?

NA diet?

You need to eat a lot of fiber, to get all of that meat, cheese and eggs through. Fiber remains in your digestive tract, and absorbs water, so that the food flows through easily. All of that meat, with no fiber, will make you constipated, and may result in anal fissures and hemorrhoids. Some multi vitamins would also be a good idea.

>carnivore diet
Enjoy your scurvy

Attached: 1530822013103.jpg (645x729, 48K)

The key is lowering your carb intake and getting them from veggies instead of sugary sodas and snacks

i lost 30 lbs eating a paleo diet. i did eat the occasional banana and sweet potato but it was mostly meats, cheeses, eggs. no grains no sugars, no alcohol, < 50 grams of carbs per day.

not enough onions

Why does it seem to be saying no veggies? Is it because Americans are addicts and that little bit of carbs will fuck them up?

>no fat

ahahaha

fat is the key dude. your brain is 65% fat.

fuck off to Jow Forums with your shitty meme diet

That’s called the Ketogenic diet you retard.

>paleo
>cheese
Dairy was after agriculture, which is no longer paleo.

That wasn't the subject of the thread, this thread is borderline attention whoring in the place of Facebook/twitter.

Just do keto diet you dip

This diet says 0 carbs rather than low carbs though.

Is it hard to maintain? I love meat and protein but I wonder if getting rid of carbs is hard to do.

>the limey doesn't know about multivitamins

Attached: koko_thoughtful_IMG_5723.jpg (600x600, 97K)

Well you're going to end up in ketosis, which means you're going to lose a lot of weight unless you're eating like an absurd amount of meat. It can be good for you in short bursts but it's not healthy in the long run unless you have a very good cardiovascular exercise routine.

Once you enter ketosis, your body will be converting fat into nutrients usable to power your nervous system, which requires ketonin or carbs to function. This is a very inefficient process, so you'll be burning fat at a disproportionately high rate. Keto diets are very popular for people trying to lose weight fast, but if you enjoy anything like sodas or beer, you will absolutely fuck it up and end up gaining weight and losing energy instead.

Meat, cheese, eggs, these are all good. Fish and green vegetables would probably be a wise addition, I would also recommend adding in a piece of fruit periodically, if like me you find that eating a rich diet like this makes you want something "refreshing," which a good nectarine or a plum absolutely satisfies.

The upside of such a diet is that so long as you maintain a high protein intake and use fat to satisfy your hunger, you will build muscle like a fucking ork. Keto diets with high caloric intake are incredible for building muscle, AND it's incredibly useful for cut as well. I mean it's basically the perfect diet but you need to make sure you don't do it for too long.

Attached: Nuclear War.jpg (1628x805, 140K)

Don't be a nigger about it and just eat chicken breasts, steak, salad and call it good.

You are as retarded as the vegetarians, we're omnivores.

It's not. You can't care about politics and ignore the fact that Americans are obese and the food industry is corrupted, faggot. I'm asking if other people have tried this.

So you like that you aren't eating grains but are worried because you aren't eating veges?

Here's a hint for you dumbfuck:
Eat veges. Continue not eating grains.

Jesus Christ. How fucking thick are you? Did this option not enter your mind just because it doesn't have some name like "the carnivore diet"?

Btw, I lost eight kilos by dropping wheat and rice from my diet.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Wring, fat isn’t the problem - sugar is.

everytime I eat too much meat over a week or something, I get zits and I feel like shit all the time
carnivore diets work because you're poisoning yourself

Even grizzly bears get heart attacks. We're not typical omnivores--the evolution of our digestive system was in part aided by fire. A species never really 100% "adapts" to its environment, so even if we grant that our ancestors ate cholesterol-loaded, transfat loaded meat constantly, it's unlikely that they could have lived to 100 without any adverse health effects. They just had to make it to breeding age to pass on their genes.

Some people can eat tons and tons of butter and live to 110. Some people have heart attacks in their 20s. In metabolic ward studies, scientists have proven that the ingestion of cholesterol from diet raises blood LDL. Every study. Meaning the more cholesterol you eat, the more atherosclerotic plaque builds up in your organs.

I'd recommend you keep the meat-eating to a minimum, and cut BUTTER out of your diet completely. That shit's loaded with transfats. No paleo advocate even recommends butter, it's just low-carb fags following shitty Atkins diets.

We evolved to eat starchy high-carb foods too, btw. Obviously, this can lead to adverse health effects as well, but we still did. We prefer food high in calories.

the diet i was on allowed certain veggies like broccoli because they had good fiber and low sugar.

WRONG
Read up on Keto

>make sure you don't do it for too long.

Bullshit, this is a healthy way to live.

Cooking and eating meat is why we evolved into big brain nibbas (this is not an endorsement of industrialized "farming"). Why would you try to devolve with soi and grass? Eat like a predator and you'll act like one, eat like a rabbit and you'll get eaten.

another jordan peterson drone

unless your american then your brain is 100% fat

It's perfectly healthy. Fatty cuts are preferable, don't overcook it.

Cheese and eggs shouldn't be a huge part of the diet, tough.

I recently bought a sous vide set and can only recommend it. I have never eaten something better than this.

Check this video out: youtube.com/watch?v=dee5FwKOnkM

It's because veggies can include potatos and other starchy vegetables that are very popular in America. If you're shoveling potatoes down with your beef you're going to fuck up the entire point of a low-carb diet.

Go with the Paleo diet instead. Works great.

No I'm an addict to carbs and I want to get control of it so I'm cutting them out. Like I said, my initial thought was "oh boy all this meat and fat cannot be healthy" but now I'm seeing that various studies can be twisted and pushed however people want and we've been lied to it seems. Still confused as to which is the healthiest though.

>only eat tendies for the rest of your life
>fuck you and your vegetables, boomers

Medfag here. Who the FUCK thinks it's a good idea to exclude raw, low starch vegetables? Not talking about buttered corn or deep fried okra, or salad with a pound of cheese and dressing. .

Also, note that the people who actually have a almost no plant diet like the inuit eat fermented meat to get crucial nutrients..

Take it to fucking Jow Forums or /ck/.

I mean completely denying yourself all vegetable matter. You CAN live that way but it isn't optimal. The optimal human diet is a mixture of green vegetables, meat, and occasionally some fruit. Grains and starches are not something we consumed large quantities of in our evolutionary environment, that's what you need to watch out for.

been eating that way for a month, decided i need to get some carbs, bought a cheese danish, disgusted an unsatisfied by the taste. only keto will satisfy me now.

enjoy the scurvy

Someone once told me the most important diet advice ever. The best diet is the one that you can stick to. It doesn’t matter how great a diet is if you can’t do it forever.

sure but i wasn't strictly paleo. i just said paleo because it's what a lot of people are familiar with and because it was similar. i was primarily after fats. eggs, cheese, avocado, nuts/seeds, olives, olive, the good healthy fats. that's what i was after. i got the diet idea from Dr. Perlmutter after reading his book Grain Brain.

Wish there was as easy a way of gaining weight

>lose 1 lbs a week, even possible to lose 2 lbs a week if you go with a strict 500 calorie/day diet
>good luck putting on muscle though, at best you'll manage 2lbs a month and that's if you're on roids and going to the gym every other day
>for normal people 1lbs a month is more likely

I lost about 15-20 lbs, but putting on muscle... that's hard long-term work and effort.

lol

Oh ok, I still eat veggies and salads.

What a dumb

>salad with a pound of cheese and dressing. .

Actually nothing wrong here

>cut out as much of the fat as you can

Attached: 1530491038342.png (1500x761, 322K)

Speaking of med, olives and nuts are also great additions, as are olive oils and persimmons. The Romans knew what they were doing. Definitely don't ignore low starch veggies, a good Greek salad (easy on the onions there Vasili) is a great addition to a meat heavy diet.

try doing keto op

You fell for an internet meme.
But you can still make it!
youtu.be/bMQ1rzz9t5w

We're omnivores. You're supposed to eat meat, but you're also supposed to eat veggies and fruits.

Well I'm overweight now and I'm thinking that losing the excess fat will outweigh the issue of avoiding veggies for the short term and then when I'm at my goal weight I can add veggies again. Although I don't see why I can't just add spinach and broccoli now too.

Attached: keto.png (750x440, 186K)

Add a salad a day and you'll be fine. Salad won't fuck up your weightloss.

ey he asked if it is redpilled

Eat what you're eating but throw a lot of greens in there. Every time you eat a steak eat it with a fuckhuge salad.

You need some roughage in there to keep yer poop right, buddy.

The veggies won't hurt as long as they're low-carb veggies. Spinach, broccoli, whatever, as long as you avoid potatoes you should be fine.

It totally worked for me, I've noticed it works less well for women but women have weird fat retention things going on.

How is eating just meat better than eating meat and vegetables? So retarded.

lol the thing is that americans do NOT know who to trust with diets
>fats are bad, be a vegetarian
>5 years later fats are good avoid grains
>5 years later eggs and milk are bad
We're fat and something needs to change.

test

I have. Keto is good for losing weight short term but it was developed for controlling epilepsy. You don't want to be on it long term. Kidney stones, increased cholesterol, and stunted growth just for starters. If we are talking about a healthy diet long term, you don't eat a bunch of fat although some is fine.

Yes it's hard to do. You don't realize how much of everything has carbs in it until you're trying to keep it under 30g a day and actually start reading labels.

A single sandwich = you've gone over your limit for the day.

Honestly OP if you can't figure it out after this thread you should probably just live on Little Debbies and Camel unfiltered s

Its more or less fine, but you're just as good eating a low carb no sugar diet.
Most everyone can handle some grain with no GI issues. You'd have to have an autoimmune issue if grain was causing major gut troubles for you.

If you're doing it right and eating marrow, organ meat, and a few other things you'll have a nutritionally complete diet. You won't be lacking anything, and you won't be eating any processed sugar. Thats extremely healthy.

Holy shit you're an impossible retard.

This is my favorite meal. It's easy, and takes about 20-30 min to prep and cook. Pair this with a nice Chianti or Cab, and some people say it's better than busting a nut.

Attached: grilled-steak-and-asparagus-with-roasted.jpg (1080x1080, 355K)

were are omnivores

It is. I don't fucking care what one individual is eating state a solid case for a diet don't make a thread like, "hurr im trying the kleptoketopedo diet wish me luck guise" take that shit to reddit and you can go with it.

He's a medfag. Which means he'll only recite what (((medschool))) indoctrinated him with.

Like "don't do heavy weight training, you'll blow your knees/back out! Just go for a walk", "cholesterol is bad, mkay?" or "cultivated plants that have genetically been in existence for less than 500 years (practically all vegetables and fruits we eat today) is good for you, not the one thing *every* humanoid *everywhere* on planet earth has been eating for the last 5 million years."

>projecting
>weeb
checks out

Attached: 1437561634327.png (241x217, 27K)

So you are going to take multivitamins because your diet doesn't supply you with what you need?

Gee it's almost like there's other foods you can be eating to prevent this.

i tried this unintentionally before for. don't do it since you'll get hemorrhoids that will hurt for months. you need to get some serious fiber if you want to even attempt that.

Attached: .png (951x852, 1.01M)

OP stop being retarded, and just do keto. Keto is essentially that minor differences, and much better defined boundries.

I'm trying to find out the "truth" in what is healthy to eat. I'm assuming others have came across this very issue. I'd say diet is more important than anything else on this board. If you are overweight, sluggish, lethargic or unhealthy you cannot be effective in anything else. And again, Americans are obviously being lied to about nutrition.

>no veggies
enjoy your cancer OP