Why do Americans love this shit so much?

Why do Americans love this shit so much?
American football, Pro-Wrestling... Okay, no problem. But what's the point of this game?

Attached: Baseball.jpg (2175x1450, 1.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wn5HqXA0xHw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because it’s the easiest sport to bet on and be right

Because it's better than soccer in every possible way.

baseball is my favorite sport and the only one i bother watching. when you know enough about the game you think of what the pitcher / hitter will do before they do it since theres a lot of strategy involved. all the other US sports are nigger tier nonsense, especially football.

Americans don't give a shit about baseball. Seriously, name one American that loves baseball.

only a few cities (Boston, NY) are hardcore into baseball

>Why do Americans love this shit so much?

We wonder exactly the same thing about the rest of the world and soccer. Soccer sucks dick. 90 minutes of boredom followed by rioting. Why?

just smth to mindlessly watch it's like a white noise for the brain. my grandparents watched every red sox baseball game and idk it actually seems kind of comfy. you have conversations with your family and then get interrupted when something happens

It's the GOAT sport. Don't be mad Croatia buttfucked you yesterday.

Attached: Heil Fucking Hitler.jpg (1905x1075, 286K)

you know what else is like my grandpa would listen to the red sox game on a really bad radio station in the car. it was 90% static and you could barely hear it

I like both sports but there's tons of strategy with football, even with the uppity negroes.

There always seem to be people at the games. I think it's pretty popular in the Northeast. Surely there are people in St. Louis, Chicago and San Francisco that like baseball. Everyone in the South is a Braves fan; everyone of their games is on t.v.

the point of the game is to win. wtf else could be the point of any sport

bullshit. how many baseball games did you sit through last year?

Nobody likes to watch baseball, not even baseball players. It's fun to play, but the most boring thing in the world to watch.

Because they can't play real cricket so they get their own fake stuff.

It's unfortunate that most pitches are called from the dugout these days. All the Greg Maddux non athlete nerd pitchers are extinct.

>what’s the point of this game?

What’s the point of any game?

we only like games that we either created or hacked the rules to, that's why soccer will never catch on here, it's somebody else's game played by somebody else's rules

Baseball and golf are best sports.

>Croatia buttfucked you yesterday
What? It was a great game, no one was upset. In addition, it's better to lose to the Croats than the bongs, because THAT would be a shame.

>It's fun to play, but the most boring thing in the world to watch.

You're thinking of cricket.

youtube.com/watch?v=wn5HqXA0xHw

Because the odds are always against the hitter and Americans culturally favor beating the odds. The constant pitching changes in late innings and the prima-donna bullshit have to go. The current players would have fucking died in the 80s... and any time prior.

I never liked baseball and always found it mind numbingly boring.

Then I moved to Australia and these fuckers like cricket which is 5x as boring as baseball. I just don't get it.

>You're thinking of cricket.

Americans like myself are bewildered by cricket.

but back to "america's pastime": baseball is such a joke, with like 180 games in a season, they actually have double headers, WHERE THE SAME TWO TEAMS PLAY TWO FUCKING GAMES IN A ROW.

Imagine playing two NFL or NBA or tennis or any other real sport back to back on the same day. That's how ridiculous baseball is.

>t. punjabi immigrant

It's not. It's a sport that allows unfit people to chew tobacco and drink beer and still be able to compete. Not that it's wrong. Bit that's just what it is.

They generally only double up these days for delayed and make-up games. They used to be scheduled all the time as part of regular scheduling at it was an awesome way to take your kid away from their state-sponsored brainwashing for not a lot of money. Doubleheaders are awesome. Fuck you.

Attached: nofuckyou.gif (800x399, 34K)

i bet you like football. be sure to let your kids play it so they get brain damage.

An individual baseball game isn’t particularly riveting (although it’s a lot better in person than on TV). What makes baseball interesting is that it’s a day in, day out, season-long journey with lots of ups and downs. I liken a baseball season to a good novel.

a lot of the fanfare stems from strong nostalgia based on personal experience with baseball. I like watching baseball more than basketball, football, or soccer and I played all four sports when I was younger at various points.

Because you can listen to it on the radio while you do other shit. It’s one game, that you don’t need to “see” in order to enjoy.

Can you imagine how hard it is to be an NFL coach? You have to tame and corral and teach a bunch of wild niggers.

Vance Joseph pls go

Attached: 1513041834902.png (447x611, 574K)

If you would have played baseball once you would know how great it feels to hit that ball out of the park. It takes a lot of target practice. It's also nice to own a baseball bat just in case someone needs a beating.

>strong nostalgia
Part of the reason I love baseball. My grandfather owned his own business and would always tale his clients to baseball games during the season and he'd always bring me along as a 5-7 yr old kid.

My family watched it when I was growing up, and I can still enjoy watching a game. I don't watch much nowadays because I live in Washington and the Mariners haven't had a good season in like 20 years

really fasle

The Mariners are actually good this year believe it or not.

I would like to see urine tests of these rustards. No way they could go so far without enhancing themselves with something.

Attached: 1521307704683.jpg (277x508, 124K)

Lots of countries love baseball. I personally don't see the appeal and the sport is slowly dying here and its not just for political reasons like the NFL etc.

I love baseball

Just looked it up - not bad at all. Maybe I'll watch today's game.

Thanks Satan

MLB does a very poor job marketing its product to younger viewers.

Baseball is comfy though.

I never met anyone that likes it. I'm convinced it all some money laundering scheme.

sports are fucking gay
but baseball is fun to go to when tickets are like $5 and you have a gf
hockey is fun to watch when youre tired of playing video games 24/7 and set the dvr to 30 minutes behind and skip all the cancerous commercials
nigger collision is never fun to watch

You finna simp
Us real Americans on ZORB

Attached: 1z.png (300x300, 82K)

>90 minutes of boredom followed by rioting.
90 minutes of watching a bunch of fags in short shorts kick a ball around only for the two teams to tie 0-0. It's sad, really.

Its a relaxing game to watch. Its literally my favorite sport followed by college football. There's different pitches and counts and strategies on when and where to take a pitch, steal a base, what order to bat your lineup, when to pinch-hit, hit and run, suicide squeeze, warm up a reliever. Different approaches by the batters, home runs, small ball, great catches and double plays. On and on. I mostly like turning it on and listening on the radio in a relaxed state. Its not as intense a game but it has its moments. I'd imagine it fills the role of soccer, except more happens and its funner.

This. I can remember plenty of summer afternoons with dad and grandpa doing yard work with the game on the radio.

I like Pesäpallo a lot more than Basedballing.

Attached: Paleonenenenen.jpg (220x307, 65K)

Only sport with no clock
Based

>fun to play as a kid and as an adult
>fun to watch in person drink beer with friends and whatnot
>hands down the worst sport to watch on TV

Attached: image.jpg (580x363, 54K)

I don't judge sports based on their commercial appeal. Paying to watch strangers play kids' games, while feeling some connection to their success is something losers do, imo

I do find it sad when grown ass men wear some player's jersey.

Simulated gunshot noises.

On a serious note, baseball is boring as shit if you watch it on TV. The real fun is going to a game and getting turnt up.

>Only sport with no clock
>What is cricket

American football is surprisingly fun to watch when you're actually there in the stadium. Maybe it's the crowd mentality, I don't know. It's the same with baseball, at least for me.
I'll never understand people who watch it religiously on tv, though. Basketball is the only sport I can watch on tv without falling asleep. And even then, I still don't really give a shit.

it's fun to play but watching it is borring as fuck.

What is cricket, literally

Attached: british.png (799x618, 131K)

>cricket
>sport
Pick one

I love baseball you unamerican faggot

America's love of baseball is actually a remaining holdover from the industrial revolution, when people moved from the country into cities. The open fields and slow pace of the game reminded them of the country life they had left behind.

*bucket of sahti and a rove of mämmi has been deposited on your bank account*

Because it's fun you dumb slav monkey. Now fuck off to /sp/, this has nothing to do with Jow Forums

High IQ game. If you just have an average IQ you aren't going to enjoy watching it. Just how it is.

Kiitos, serkku.

Attached: 251.jpg (250x350, 14K)

Watching baseball right now. Get fucked, Ivan.

FUCK YOU

I WAN T TO SEE ANT MAN BUT I HAVE TO WATCGH BASE BALL WITH MY DAD...FUCK BASEBALL...ANTMAN IS MORE INPORTAMT

>football
>wrestling
>no problem
found the 12 year old boomer

I'm not really a fan of cricket at all but t20 is an entertaining sport. Moves quicker than baseball also.

>high IQ game
It might be the least cerebral sport of all.

Attached: yeee.gif (512x288, 3.82M)

This comment half triggers me cause I love football and baseball so much, only that gay shit you play and have the audacity to call football is utter shit

Youse GOYIM have to have diversions so you won't ask why Congress lets a group of foreign bankers control you economy thru the use of debt-based currency where you pay us over 500 BILLION a year in interest to borrow your own money. So don't ask questions GOY and remember to worship the Holocau$t™ dialy!

You're 100% wrong.

You have to be 13 to see Ant-Man, son

There is only one football, Paco.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x281, 1.91M)

Soon pole-vaulting will become your national sport.

i'm 33

Pay a ballplayer $$$$ and he drinks beer during the game. Not going to happen. The pros are the top athletes who have extraordinary skills

Oh fuck. I cahn't believe you've dahn this.

To be fair, baseball do requieres strategy to achieve your goal, maybe call it a sport for high IQ people is just pretentious but it is an strategic game

New englander here. We love it and so does NY. It gives us a chance to clash in person

LOOOL

Attached: huuuuge.jpg (200x290, 17K)

The old boomers do. But once they're gone, I don't see baseball staying very popular.

They dont even play with their foot, and the "ball" is made for throwing, I know at this point the sport's name wont change but it should be called handball

Kek

Then tell your dad you're going to see Ant-Man you fucking autistic basement dweller

The American Football is made with a foot of leather in each of its quadrants.

>177978318

FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU.

Attached: 15119776066011.png (1200x1200, 54K)

Attached: fatass.jpg (600x338, 39K)

No kneelers.

This sport is unironically our sport.

I watch baseball everyday. My team is bittom of the barrel but I still watch every televised game. It's the perfect soundtrack while I shitpost.

FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU.

Based

Attached: IMG_0099.jpg (483x530, 58K)

because it's a white man's game

Attached: 1507199582858.png (304x517, 367K)

Well, now it makes sense

MODS!!!

>Have a bunch of guys on steroids hit homers all game
>Strategic