APOSTROPHES BTFO

Something I found online. This person is oddly dedicated to getting rid of apostrophes from the English language.

killtheapostrophe.com

Attached: kill_the_apostrophe_logo.jpg (250x318, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/10218870/Lessons-in-spelling-have-no-place-in-21st-century-schools.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this is what the next civil war will be about

Attached: ci.gif (480x258, 1.28M)

what were you looking up to just stumble across this

Apostrophes serve to seperate those who know how to speak English and those who don't.

Languages change, user. Whats incorrect yesterday becomes standard tomorrow.

Whoms't'dve thought it was a good idea?

Retarded illiterate morons thinking they're smart.

lol wats for lunch

Languages are organic constructs that change over time. I dont like giant linguistic reforms, but something like this isnt too much of a change.

Assuming youre from Romania and dont just live there: why do you speak Romanian and not Latin?

I really wish the guy who wanted to creste a sarcasm mark was as passionate.

y'all think that's a good idea

Some people use "/s" at the end of sarcastic sentences to indicate sarcasm.

>reddit
I knew it

No, I first saw it on Jow Forums.

language is always degrading. remember when gay meant happy and lesbians were actually people from lesbia

they even proposed to removing correct spelling because it was 'slowing them down'
telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/10218870/Lessons-in-spelling-have-no-place-in-21st-century-schools.html

its fucking tragic

There pretty much is no reason for apostrophes to exist, though. Unlike the proper comma placement, which 90% of the brainlet internet user base does not use properly, and which also has pretty much the same placement rules in all European languages.

Of FUCKING course its an American advocating for simplifying the simplist language on the planet.
I wish you guys spoke in runes so I couldn't understand your drivel

Attached: 1529588285375.jpg (480x360, 29K)

The oversexualization of terms is annoying, yes, but this isnt a faggot-influenced change, its just something Im doing for fun because itll have an influence on the future of the English language.

I've never once seen this.

Brits constantly criticize American English because its not as complicated yet they also criticize the American measurement system because its too complicated unlike the simplified metric system. Dont you see the error there?

Hmm, maybe what I saw was a poster from Reddit on here and thought that it was a Jow Forums thing.

>t. learning sand runes to please his masters

english isn't simple

>strawmanning
Your metrics aren't shit because they are complicated, they are just a mess to use

It is in comparison to moon runes and snow nigger language

The problem with snowflake american units isn't that they're complicated but that they exist

Shut it, Jungle Texas.

Fuck off it's how you can tell if you're are person from Michigan.

Contractions are still proper grammar, and how do you decide to indicate in word is a possessive without it?

the apostrophe denotes ownership. they want to deny anyone ownership of anything.

Attached: R-4951944-1410380155-4600.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 126K)

Jow Forums is now an anti apostrophe board

The website will answer all of your questions.

language evolves to become easyer to speak dumb dumb

Actually I prefer to write do not instead of don't

If anything needs to get removed it's the question mark. That shit is fucking useless

The question mark changes the pronunciation, apostrophes dont (e.g. "it is?" vs "it is.").

you say
is it
if you want to ask a question
you say it is if you're making a statement

No, it can be both.
- "It's raining outside!"
- "It is?"

- "It's raining outside!"
- "It is"

You're right but that seems pointless when you could just say
is it, and then you would never need a question mark Ever

Its called an example. Im sure this isnt the only scenario where it could be confusing.