2 questions

2 questions

1 how do I learn how to program/code? Is there any website etc that actually explains what you're doing and why instead of just giving you three steps without context and then asking for money?

2 if programming is a bad idea for a job, then what are some careers I could get into that make decent money that I can get a degree in a year/learn how to do in a year?

t. 21 year old retard who makes terrariums and plays video games and has only ever had one job but is tired of wasting away while my family getd older waiting on my gf to finish college

pic unrelated

Attached: 1530991301457.jpg (320x224, 9K)

Well, first you need to pick a programming language...

What do I pick? C++ or something? I'm not even entry level

First you have to have a degree in pure mathematics before you even start

That abomination looks like one of those old soviet mobile phones.

Attached: cellular1.jpg (640x534, 91K)

OH FUCK I HAD A VERY GOOD WEBSITE FOR IT BUT I CANT FIND IT

Huh? But I have a buddy who sucks balls at math (like me) and he can code anything reasonable in just a few minutes

it's comfy tbqh

Install Gentoo

aww well if you find it within the thread being up please send it

I legit don't know how I would go about that

First pick a language
Then read a book on it (or pirate an ebook if you can't afford it)
For languages to start with C++, C, and Python are all good choices.

Codeacademy?

Java's relatively simple and the most common language for Android. Depends on what you want to create.

I'll look into C++, books about the subject, codeacademy, and Java. Thank you.

>4 power plugs alltogether
>comfy
Not to mention that these things crippled SEGA financially so hard that not even Saturn and Dreamcast could save them.

If you are using windows install a virtual machine on it like virtual box
Then go to the gentoo official website and download the minimal gentoo installation CD (i think it's round like 300 MB or something). Then go to the storage part of your virtual machine and select the gentoo minimal install that you download. The install gentoo. Easy as that

no

it was literally a website that went through all the languages.

Yeah but it's still a joy to just look at

I'll copy and paste these instructions for later, thanks

Oh, I know what you're talking about but I can't remember the name either.

Why you stupid niggers are recommending C++ for someone who doesn't know what an array or a variable is? Jesus lord fucking piss, start with JavaScript, ActionScript3 or even BASIC.

Attached: 1516845034485.png (300x250, 37K)

Thanks

He can learn those with the language

Nah, he must learn assembly first

IhIh

Attached: Yeahchen.jpg (240x240, 15K)

Can you learn a language and use it in a profession without formal studies? I'm actually in a year break from university and It would be nice to learn something else. I used to make personal websites color layouts with css does that help a little?

Attached: programmers vs webdevs.png (891x379, 64K)

is there a difference between the two?