Give a man a fish, and he will have food for one day

Give a man a fish, and he will have food for one day.
Teach a man how to fish and he'll start a fucking company that has a monopoly on fishing that overfishes the god damn ocean and destroyes the Eco system

Attached: IMG-20180720-WA0015.jpg (1200x1600, 309K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_roughy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>destroys the ecosystem
Damn... really .........made.....me...think..................

Attached: extreme_Think.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

Attached: 1532132240345.png (2000x3024, 1.93M)

Eww

BASED
Stop ruining proverbs

its true
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_roughy

Ok I just stopped, thank you master

Our fisheries are actually well balanced; we don't ever fish above historical averages, ensuring that there's fish in the future. It's well sustainable.

That's a lie
The fish you get nowadays is from farms
Humanity and especially Norway fucked up the livestock

I live on the east coast.
I'm in the fisheries.
I work on a boat.
I can tell you that the catch has been considerably average within the last few years, not dropping, not dying out, not going extinct. You anti-fisheries people are delusional as fuck.

yikes! ^ a schizo!

Sure thing, killer
But you are in the brink to fucking kill every sort of free living fish, fish you don't even mean to catch
Your vessels polute the sea,you kill pregnant fishes you don't even care about the economical footprint or the the world at all
BTW you're a neet, stop lying

Undersize lobster I stuck in a shell, to make it look like a hermit crab.
I threw the little guy back; don't worry.

Attached: hermit.png (797x448, 500K)

Bless you, fatfinger

They're insulated gloves....Because it's cold.

Really? That's interesting, tell me, how long is your shift?
How does your employer try to not harm the fish population?
I never talked to someone working in that kind of branch

i'm really not a fan of sushi

I'm in lobster fishing.
There's no "shift".
All 4 of us head to the boat early as we can (3-4 AM). Every day, even sunday. if I was sick, they don't give a shit; they'll fire me and look for someone else; it's crucial that we go every day we can.
The season runs from the last Monday of November to the last Monday of May.
Once out there, we use a measuring tool we call a "Bander", not to be confused with the person who puts bands on them (also a bander).
Small ones are thrown back.
Big ones are kept
Females with eggs are thrown back, often notched on the end of the tail, signifying a breeder.
Notched lobsters are thrown back.

When we arrive to the wharf with our catch, it's weighed by the people we sell to. There are dozens of cameras, not just on the wharf, but security cameras on boats, etc, to make sure people don't steal or do anything shady (such as poaching). My uncle is a wharfenger (short for wharf ranger, I assume); his goal is to check people and inspect the wharf for criminal activity.

Once the lobsters are sold (I'm also going by experience of working in the very same facility), they are carefully inspected by an experienced worker, then graded on several faculties such as weight and number of limbs and deformities. These facilities sell commercially and are inspected by government inspectors.
The whole operation is very secure.

Attached: 1476923878639.gif (809x703, 103K)

Attached: 1483580274913.gif (1190x1080, 643K)

Attached: 1501883015443.gif (777x777, 1.58M)

Attached: 1468784711605.gif (888x920, 62K)

Wow, seems to be a hard job, why do you do this? I'm glad you put the breeders back
Lobster fishing seems to be different from regular fishing

Why are you not just eating the crabs yourself?

Glaubste wirklich, er hat Bock darauf?

good picture

yosho is evil