Does Jow Forums play tabletop rpgs? If so, which ones? Cool stories...

Does Jow Forums play tabletop rpgs? If so, which ones? Cool stories? Want to help me brainstorm this mechanic I want to add to mine?

Attached: AE3D532B-9DB5-43E7-AD17-3F106B5B04CF.png (514x518, 795K)

grow up
politics is the only game i play

100% orange juice

Are you winning?
Don’t think that’s tabletop or an rpg but I’ve heard it’s fun nonetheless

it has rpgish mechanics, it can be played on a table if it weren't virtual only.

D&D 3.5, Pathfinder, Starfinder and Dark Heresy.
>Want to help me brainstorm this mechanic I want to add to mine?
Lay it on me fampai.

People say its like monopoly, but it isnt.

i think so, people are starting to ignore my anti-fascism threads. Really hope the fascists go back to their shit hole and commit die

I see you're a man of tastes. Okay, so I am heavily editing the Savage Worlds system for my own setting after running a pirate campaign with it last semester. The system has a mechanic called "Bennies", if you are unfamiliar it's a lot like DnD inspiration, at least in 5e, in that it lets a player reroll things. In normal SW, players start each session with 3 and can earn more through roleplaying; they're meant to not be a super scarce resource. For my system, I am stuck between two ideas.
1. Players start sessions with 2 per usual, but if the player earns and keeps like 3 or however many by the end of the session, they can turn them in so that at the beginning of the next session, something lucky might happen to them, eg finding a grenade if we ended up with them in a firefight. Something to encourage roleplaying, even if the player is lucky and doesn't need to use the bennies during normal play.
Idea 2. Have a luck trait which plays can invest in to make their characters luckier and give them more bennies at the start of sessions

Yeah, Finn and Madomadomadomadomadomadomado like it
>commit die

rogue trader wh40k

I just started playing D&D with some bros for the first time in my life (5th edition) and it was really fun both times. I suck at it though.
That is all, carry on with your thread.

No too hard

Attached: Koishi.png (1204x1101, 730K)

is that term too hard for you to understand?

MadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomadoMadomadomadomadomadomadomado

Attached: Fried shrimp.gif (450x378, 1.25M)

my uncle played AD&D 1st and second edition with a group of people when I was young and they let me watch
after he when to jail I got given boxes of D&D books
interesting stuff to read

never heard of that one. What is is like?
Oh cool, glad you are having fun! You'll get better. If you're having fun, more likely than not you're also making it more fun for others. Unless you're really weird
wüt?
No, but it's wrong and funny

Attached: Laughing At You Tsumugi.png (141x420, 189K)

Having heard both it's very reminiscent of Grit points for Gunslingers in Pathfinder or Action Points in D20 modern.
The main differences being that Grit is from a class that a myriad of actions taken can give you grit points to fill to your max as a Gunslinger.
Action Points in D20 Modern were given at level up and replenished every time the character got 8 full hours of rest.
Looking at your system I think that you should go with the first one but modify it to where they have a "Max Bennies" so you don't have someone earning like 10 and then cashing them out to do something ridiculously lucky like cheating death. Then they have reason to use them in sessions and have the ability for players that are more RP based than combat to hold onto them.
Just my 2 cents.

Attached: 1516935187113.jpg (500x400, 308K)

>never heard of that one. What is is like?
barely cobbled together chaos basically

not much room for pretentious character design though unlike dnd with its billion snowflake races

Also 5E can suck my dick and so can anyone who plays it. Pathfinder is the superior system.

what if I play pathfinder & 5e? :0
u rite tho 5e is trash

I’m playing DND later today with my mates

Attached: A2788158-C706-498E-A6CF-99EB60B895D0.png (233x256, 73K)

>& 5E
See >can suck my dick and so can anyone who plays it

Attached: 1532415217982.png (635x664, 331K)

How about this, although this might be too complex. Also note that I used pokerchips for my bennies, so it will be easy to tell about the following.
Players start out with 2 starter bennies, which can only be used to reroll. Players can then earn RP bennies, which may be used to reroll but if the player earns and keeps, idk, 4 is my lucky number so let's go with that, then they may turn those in for the little lucky thing. Turning in more won't increase rewards or anything. Also you may only use
Oh cool, how long have you been playing?

not my fault that's all my friend wants to dm :P

Too complex. Bennies should have their uses and how to get them clearly laid out. Having 2 different types is just going to confuse people.
Action Points in D20 Modern could be used for rerolls and an additional 1d6 to any roll per action point spent.
You might want to keep it within a certain limit like having a maximum or a clearly defined limit on how many one can have.
Your idea of 4 for a "lucky thing" seems to be a little too obscure.
You've got a good system going here you just need to set a limit and what they can do with it but it seems like you've done that already.

Only a few times
This is a new campaign starting so I’ll try play it from the start to finish
Thinking of a lizardman barbarian

Yeah, I suppose it is a bit on the too complex side. In my mind, because they'd be too separate colors I want to think it would be easy, but in the context of everything else yeah probably. And I said 4 just because I'm not certain what a good number would be. If they start with 2, I feel like 3 would be too small. RP once and get a small prize next session? 5 then? But then that's not counting for them using them too.

I want a sweet spot where both saving some of your bennies for the end or also using your bennies freely if you want is advantageous, so that it feels like a choice and not a chore. I think the 1 benny per roll limit would be good to prevent benny spam, so I think tweaking the number of bennies needed for the prize is what I should do to reach this balance I want.

The only game I like to play is sucking dick.

Ooo, fun. Playing from start to finish is the best desu. Having a full story arc and ending is so satisfying

based and redpilled unless you use mouthwash after

great taste in games

Attached: ffrt.jpg (519x519, 163K)

Tsumugi poster, is that you?

Attached: SweetnessandLightning6.jpg (1920x1080, 160K)