Itt: turns of phrase that make no sense

what the fuck does 'flying by the seat of your pants' even refer to?

magical flying pants? fuck that

Attached: 4f.jpg (845x1200, 173K)

Look a gift horse in the mouth
Let the cat out of the bag

bazinga

the horse thing actually has a reason weirdly enough, people use the horse's teeth to estimate its age

the cat thing is colorful nonsense though

How about going cold turkey

Cold Turkey Skin has a clammy feel. People who are going through alcohol withdrawals by going "cold turkey," or suddenly stopping, tend to get cold clammy skin. That's where it comes from.

>bazinga
Makes sense to me

when americans say "could care less" when they mean "couldnt care less" that sounds fucking retarded

i would've thought the gift horse was some reference to the trojan horse
also the cat out of the bag makes sense it just has no historical basis

instant 0% to 100% rage there

>i would've thought the gift horse was some reference to the trojan horse
that'd make sense but if you remember 'long in the tooth' meaning old that's also a reference to horses

didnt know that
what about "dog eat dog world"
dogs and wolves are fierce pack animals and after spending tens of thousands of years evolving to be better at teamwork I can imagine they turn to cannibalism that often

Attached: interesting pehpeh.jpg (1793x1753, 531K)

>what about "dog eat dog world"
could be something about things being so brutal that even usually cooperative animals are eating each other

or not idk

>being mad that Americans are dumb
we have to live near them
you just have to learn to laugh at them
If you think the way they speak is bad you should see how they drive or conduct themselves in public
so uncivilized, stupid, and incompetent

Plz annex Michigan at the start of WW3. We can be your Florida, and we'll let you in our ports on the lakes ;)

UP or the whole thing?

And we have two, easily defensible peninsulas one of which has a mountain range at the end, we got this geographically, set up home base in Traverse City. Instant Canadian victory in North America

You gotta do the whole thing because Us Southerners would fluidly travel to both, no worries, hands down. We know what we've got, and Michiganders really have a strong connection when it comes to our natural beauty. Divided, the Southerners come and invade cuz they want the UP lol

Idk how common this was, but during my youth people said "same difference" in place of "same thing". That pissed me off because it's the exact opposite. Such a weird American thing, like "Yeah fuck this language, I'm gunna say the exact wrong thing and you're gunna understand me because everything I say has
>implication

yeah I know a lot of people end up moving around between the two
We can take the south but Detroit gets fucking purged and burned to the ground with the earth salted

Your Québecois would cry, please. Neutron Bomb it, take all life, leave the huge tactical advantage and claim French Heritage cleansed the Earth, no salt needed.

You telling me your folks never gave you a horse as a gift?

"Hitler did nothing wrong".

I don't even--

penises

You people know a lot