Hello Jow Forums i want to make another philosophy/religion thread. so what do you believe in...

hello Jow Forums i want to make another philosophy/religion thread. so what do you believe in. also is free will a illusion or real. if real can we make machines with free will? anyways this is a free thread but please be nice :)

Attached: 1527170541321.jpg (500x400, 62K)

fat and dumb

>i want to make another philosophy/religion thread
Doomed to fail, bud.

i admire your endurance friend :)

Am catholic. Free will is real. Machines with free will? no. It'll be an illusion of free will.

please dont say that. i want it too work...

thanks for answering. so you believe in souls? is that the thing which determines if something is alive?

Pretty much this, ai and machines will be just extentions of our free will

if we made a machine which is almost the same as a human. but its metal. what is it that the human have and the robot dont?

I'm a Christian and yes i do believe free will is real

is that also because of souls?

I believe that a human will have a soul compared to the machine. As in a soul that still persists after death

oh ok. is there anyway to make a soul? can we ever replicate something like that?

oh hello cute rural boi.

I dont believe in something in particular, and the free will its real.
> if real can we make machines with free will?
Not yet, but someday we could, i gues...
and it would be something really dangerous.

I don’t believe humans will ever be able to operate on the dimensions that God does and create souls. We are simply just restricted to this 3d plane, and no matter how far our achievements go, never be able to play God in the same way he does

Yes God gave us free will so we would not just me lifeless robots

thanks for coming by :)
do you think that if machines get advanced enough they might get suicidal?
do you think there is a possibility that God also is on a lower dimension. that there is someone beyond him and there are people we are beyond. that we have power over and they will never be able to cross to our dimension.

Because physics is more or less deterministic, free will in a physicalist world can't exist. All of our actions would just be a part of a chain dating back to the big bang. In that world, saying we have free will is like saying a rock chooses to move when pushed. The rock had no choice in the matter, it was bound to physical laws. Therefore, free will can't be the result of something physical, rather it has to be a spiritual gift. Because of this, whether or not you think we have free will, robots can never have free will. They were created completely in the physical world, with programming that solely determines an action based on inputs. Their entire existence is based around if-then statements, which leaves no room for choice.

why did he do that?

Yes I do believe in souls. No it is. Animals don't have souls yet they are alive.

Would you want your children to be robots?

>God gave us free will
I think there's someone else you should be praising for this one

Attached: 1479697712725.jpg (378x485, 98K)

what if the universe isnt as deterministic as you believe. that when you zoom in there is random changes that cant be determined. like quantum maechanics for example.
so they are robots. what would happen if a human was born without a soul. would people know?
but if everyone is a robot does it matter. why did he create us in the first place?

I believe that God can operate on whatever dimension he deems necessary (Ala Jesus Christ being born in this world with the miracles he brought). And that there is a possibility of beings from dimensions lesser than us. But I believe God is the first and foremost all powerful being in this universe

It doesn't really matter, as long as there's no way for us affect the random changes. You're still being forced to do shit with no input, it's just that the shit you do is predetermined.

*isn't predetermined

I don't think a human can be born without a soul

Maybe yes, under what circumstances, i dont know but i think that we would be the one with problems, not them.

i always have thought that if we were able to create that kind of machines, they would be our next evolution.

I find it unlikely that what we see as free will exists.

Fuck off your god was made by my god
>Why did god create us
Who can say waybe he just got lonely

if he can operate every dimension. can he make a more powerfull dimension with his levels of powers? or even more powerfull?
what if a animal got a soul? would people notice it?
would these beings maybe experience things we are not able too do? or maybe even mimic what we do without us doing anything?
maybe thats true. but im glad we feel free.
woudlnt he just terminate the lonelyness. he has the power to stop it. he could make himself feel immense pleasure without anyone else since he has the powers to do it. why create earth or the universe when you can do that?

If he wills it, he can

im getting bombarded. i will try my best to answer with questions :)

i think if a dog got a soul people would probably not notice except for maybe priest

can God make a rock so heavy he cant lift it?
why do priest notice it and not other people?

Take your time, this thread is already pretty good

thanks user

a priest would notice it because he is a member of the clergy and is a holy man

If God chooses to limit himself then yes I’m certain he could

how do holy men notice souls? is it because of their connection to God? is everyones souls connected to God?

I guess God is more human than we think

maybe God isnt as much as a God we think he is. maybe he is a human with a computer who simulates us? who knows. he seems like a mortal form what i have gathered in his personality in the bible.

Yes it is because of their connection to God. Are all souls connected to God? In a way, yes. The soul and life itself is very precious

Maybe yes, i cant think big examples now, but i think that they will break a lot of our limitations.

In that line of experiment things that we are not able to, they could see more colors, since we only see a small range in the waves, maybe they could improve that and see a new world.

What more they could improve? i dont know,
the communication, that would be a giant improvement.

Who knows what they could improve.

so there is a connection. how and where are souls made? will we ever be able to percieve it in any way?

Bad thread

I can definitely see him looking human. After all we were created in his image. But yes it is possible that he could just be a dude in the sky with a computer

i want to sniff your armpits

Attached: 1497204743829.png (1079x1225, 1.11M)

Am a Pagan but not the larping type, basically what varg rants about on youtube.
I don't think computers can have free will t.Computer scientist

maybe even things we could never be able too think of. its like a ant trying to imagine what a human thinks today.(even if ants probably doesnt think like that but you know)

Souls are made by god. Where are they made? Hell if I know.
>will we ever be able to percieve it in any way
probably not

He's just a all powerful god with human emotions

anyways im glad he created us. even if we have some hardships.
but he could also be alien. he could be alien to what we think of as a concious being.
isnt that gross? ewww
do you believe in souls?

i'm animist

also I think free will is both and illusion and a reality.
I mean technically everything we do is just because of our brain cells connexions and how they interract considering the external informations. Everything is mechanical and you can predict it (which would take a realloy really big power to do)
So you can totally build a machine or an IA that works exactly like a human brain, or even better, and it will have the exact same reactions and stuff, since everything is mechanical

But since it's only your brain, even if it can be determined, it doesn't mean that it's not free will. Free will means that you only decide. Your brain is part of yourself, so technically even if your brain determines your whole life as something predictable, it's also still free will.

Dunno if i was clear, sorry for my not so good english

Why would he have human emotions, emotions which obvious function is survival?

I believe in the Abrahamic God, and I believe in Jesus Christ as the savior. In that way, I'm a Christian, but I prefer not to join the actual organized fold. I'm just non denominational. My code is basically just to try to seek the truth without betraying my own morality.
I believe that free will is real, but because mankind is so predictable, some things will be preordained, theoretically speaking. That being said, your actions affect the flow of time going onwards. Cause and effect.

do you think he recycles souls. that souls reincarnate on earth?

I guess i should say we have gods emotions since he was the one who made us

>do you believe in souls?
In a way yes, I see souls as kind of linked to DNA, so your offspring has part of your soul in a way and is so linked to you.
If there is a soul in a christian way I couldn't say. Neither can I say what will happen after death, although I hope it's reincarnation.

no
armpits are nice

Attached: 5d10423dbfd0d98e2dd1a62102216e79.jpg (464x604, 45K)

What would he use emotions for

@6095090
@6095096
Cringe
Maybe we are just humans with God’s emotions. Our goal is to become like him, so we might have to get rid of these negative emotions we all have so we can become most like him

who knows, maybe we are the creation of other intelligent beings, we are their "robots", live, the biology as we know, is their version of extremly advanced thecnology able to envolve and self-replicate

Because that's just how he is

do you think we can go beyond from how councious we are now?
so its semi deterministic kind off. do you believe God is deterministic? that we can determine him?

nah I don't think he recycles souls. I suppose souls are really the embodiment of your true being. So when people die, their souls are not reincarnated but are treated based on their actions in life. Were you good? To heaven. Were you bad? To hell. Were you a person who did both good and bad things? To purgatory.

viruses and cells have dna. do they have a primitive form of a soul?
oh ok but no sniffing. its uncomfortable
maybe even a experiment.

What do you mean by "determine him"? Do you mean if we can find proof that he exists?

>sniffs your armpit anyways
ebin

Attached: 1497204890370.png (1079x1225, 900K)

why does God punish or reward them? isnt it a bit of a mortal thing to do?
that we will now his actions with certainty. since we know that we can know how a robot works with its codes. could we do that with God if we read his "codes"?

ehhhh! i dont like that :(

yes I think the human consciousness is not at maximum (I mean, why would it be?), and from what I heard you can already increase your consciousness level with, for example, meditation

But well I'm not sure we have the same definition of "consciousness"

@6095204
Cringe, keep gayshit out of this thread

>why does God punish or reward them? isnt it a bit of a mortal thing to do?
I interpret it as fair justice.

Free will is an illusion

what happens when you increase it? does it do something too us?
but God knew what would happen. why punish them or reward them for something he determined? or doesnt he know that?

is our every feeling fake too? or is it a projection of some sort that comes from dead things when they a pattern?

>but God knew what would happen. why punish them or reward them for something he determined? or doesnt he know that?
Free will my friend. Think of it like this: God is like a parent to us, a child. He know we are going to do something bad but hopes that we change our mind and do something good.

what is the endgoal of God? what happens when humanity has reached that goal?

Depends on what you mean by fake. but it can broken down to different biochemicals. As happiness is usuallu associated with dopamine. Emergent consciousness, is something that i found interesting concept but i feel like it is either the wrong way to go about it or its part of the puzzle

I have no idea. I guess when humanity reaches its goal then eternal paradise

what would happen if we replaced dopamine with something that its not but act similar. would it be happyness? can we make something "alive" and feel "free" by making patterns similar to humans?

I think God is too complex to be read, but my theory is that if I'm wrong and we can in fact somehow understand his way of thinking enough, we can predict what he's most likely to do. Even then it'd still be an issue of probability though.
Most people don't believe me at this part because it's basically metaphysics, but I've been having vivid premonitions since I was a kid. I don't have control over them, but the common thread between them is that something very coincidental happens, as if through divine intervention. The average person would probably raise an eyebrow though, because surely, clairvoyance is a myth, is it not?
I like to think of it as the world being a chess board on autoplay and God being one of the players, occasionally making a move.

why not eternal paradise from the beginning?

there was eternal paradise at the beginning. The first two humans fucked it up tho

Free will is a myth. Religion is a joke. We are all ruled by something greater:
Memes, the DNA of the soul.

but if we anylised the world enough. we could see the rules. like if we examine a chessboard when someone plays it. eventually you will see the rules and what the goal is. could we humans do that with the universe?

The neurotransmitters are only part of the puzzle, triggers. The things of interest are the processes, the complex neural networks that make us behave, feel and think the way we do. Indeed, all of this can be broken down into small components, all governed by cause and effect. A thought may as well be matter and the subsequent casuality that dictates it, are we then free of will? Unlikely, but then I haven't yet deepened my knowledge of quantum mechanics which might change my view, untill then it can be deconstructed into parts not in themself concious governed by casuality - no free will as we think of it.

With the universe itself, yes it should be possible. The entity known as God remains an enigma though.

why did God then make more of us if the first too failed?
what are we ruled by. changes in the world made by reactions?

Yes something similar to in the same ballpark as happiness other drugs do the same affect like methamphetamines. I am not sure about making something "alive". If you mean self aware maybe thought it might be a p-zombie. If alive by just like living then bacteria then yeah. But feel "free" only by sexual reproduction and possibly other ways of making humans with biological engineering, ie designer babies.

no clue :x

thats true if we are limited to only the play area.

the bible never really says

what if we replicated humans. instead of hormones and biochemicals with nano thecnology which works the same. could they also feel free or not even if they are a copy of a human?

>viruses and cells have dna. do they have a primitive form of a soul?
I suppose so yes. Viruses don't have DNA, they have RNA which is slightly different. Either way they would have souls in my belief yes.

we cant know for certain. but for now we can ponder the possibilities.

This is often what drugs do, they mimick neurotransmittors and fit in their receptors either as an agonist or an antagonist. This would decrease or increase the signal wherever this drug will attaches itself, changing the processes within the neural networks.

from what i know is that DNAs purpose is to preserve itself. thats why even if mithocondria is dead its DNA is still "alive". its not about being alive i guess. also take it with a grain of salt. not all my knowlegde can be true

could we maybe with futuristic nanotechnology brainwash people with feelings? or make them unalive in a way?