Who here quit facebook, and why?

Who here quit facebook, and why?

Attached: .png (3000x3000, 253K)

Me, because just

Never had it to begin with so I can't quit it.

Attached: 3456784365767.png (1051x1600, 1.38M)

its a completely worthless site. theres literally no reason to use it

>theres literally no reason to use it
explain

well, why would you use it?

no i have friends

Same reason for using Jow Forums: social entertainment. but I am trying to find counterarguments to the fact that it's just fun. you feel me?

i still use it to message friends cause i dont have their numbers

>Who here quit facebook, and why?
I never had a Facebook in the first place

Why would you make an account?

that's sorta why im afraid to leave...
But it's so fucked up. facebook is like a real life creepypasta!
remember polybius? ok what does facebook do that polybius doesn't? exactly

>i still use it to message friends cause i dont have their numbers
Get telegram

>telegram
nobody uses it

It's bloated and badly designed, pretty much every alternative does it better. The site is almost unnavigable nowadays. I honestly don't understand why people continue to use it when there are much better alternatives

what the fuck is that

What do you have trouble navigating on facebook?

it's like Whatsapp but only furries use it

boomers cant browse facebook
no big surprise

gross no thanks

Attached: 1445749925576.jpg (1680x943, 191K)

I got it when I was 12 and it sucked so I quit after like a day then I deleted it 3 years later

It's used by like a billion people

I don't get why people say this as an excuse
My friend recommended telegram to me, it takes like two minutes to download and make an account

Then I recommended it to others, now my brother and parents use it too

Virtually everyone I talk to regularly now uses telegram

It's not like you are forcing them to cut off their arm or something, and at the end of the day it is pretty much objectively superior

>I don't get why people say this as an excuse
because it's a legit reason that is true

>and it sucked
elaborate please

people post same shit every day trying desperately to get attention

>people post same shit every day trying desperately to get attention
That's actually pretty true, and im not sure you can even fault the users. The admins will ban you if you don't follow their weird rules.

Once, I was banned for using the word faggot, for example... Which is whatever.

But then like 2 weeks ago there was a front news article where mark zuckerberg said it's ok to deny the holocaust, it's freedom of speech?

...And then he banned alex jones or something?
Where's the fucking line??? bipolar fucks

I don't know if it's because I'm used to more streamlined software but it seems like giant clusterfuck, almost as bad as tumblr. I dunno if it's changed since I used it but something as simple as sorting posts by time is impossible (it's always tailored, even if you tell it not to), and even if you set something to `see first' or whatever it's called half of the time it doesn't appear. Comments are also a clusterfuck and aren't displayed properly in order, with some comments disappearing entirely. The chat feature is alright but still bloated with unnecessary features (like everything else). Images uploaded are compressed to the point of being useless. Groups have the same problem as the main feed where things are wildly out of order so you sometimes see month old posts that youve already seen on the top of the feed, while new posts disappear; as a result any kind of interaction is sparce and hard to decipher. Liked pages and user's posts are sometimes throttled and are not displayed at all, pages/people get banned without notice extremely often and I have been left without contact with people because of that more times than I can count. Eh, I'm gonna stop here this is getting autistic, but you get the idea. There are much better ways to keep contact with people.
s-shut up zoomer

Attached: boomer flan (1).png (483x473, 201K)

>it seems like giant clusterfuck
Now that you bring it up, you're really underselling it. It's the most clustered of all fucks. no cluster is as fucked as clusterfuckbook.
>I'm gonna stop here this is getting autistic
Wasn't autistic, was quite the opposite, you are more than welcome to continue

I still have my account so I can stay in contact with my teachers and my classmates but I barely even use it anymore. I cannot stay there for over 2 minutes

I want to talk to random people, not people I know

Have quit it about 8 years ago i think.
Just because i didn‘t want to contribute to the circlejerking of one-upping each other in how awesome you can fake your life to be.
Also because i suck at writing back. I was just pissing people off.

Attached: 9A9B69E3-B76B-4FFE-AF2A-A0DBFB37C8C0.jpg (577x800, 87K)

I've never had an account. Real life and the internet shouldn't mix.

Attached: 148954186252.png (1632x1185, 313K)

OK but that is very unrelatable because most people prefer to do both; if i want friends, facebook; if i want user, Jow Forums. if i want a hybrid, twitter, etc.

BUT if you dont want both i understand your personal reason
maybe,fair point

fair point

also people are just trying to show their perfect lifes when they are on facebook and that gets tiring

Personally I think you should just host a website or an IRC or a teamspeak server or something that you and your friends can use to keep in contact. It allows you to set your own terms for how things work and you don't have to deal with bad designs or terrible moderation.
>Real life and the internet shouldn't mix.
How so?

Attached: 1533482857661.jpg (700x980, 601K)

>also people are just trying to show their perfect lifes when they are on facebook and that gets tiring
A lot of people tend to do that, and facebook kind of wants it that way based on their algorithms, thats true
>Personally I think you should just host a website or an IRC or a teamspeak server or something that you and your friends can use to keep in contact. It allows you to set your own terms for how things work and you don't have to deal with bad designs or terrible moderation.
You're prob correct maybe i should

>Bloated and badly designed
Literally 4cocks

Attached: 1533893455690.jpg (427x384, 24K)

Jow Forums is not bloated at all compared to most internet forums. And I quite like it's design personally, although you could argue its implementation is poor.

Nah he's got ya there mate. I didn't want to bring that up but Jow Forums does suck in terms of design lmao

I love Jow Forums's design
It's very easy to use

whats facebook

Never used it, I have my ham radio license, so I don't need it.

Never signed up to, nor to Twitter.
Google is my 2nd, iki my 1st.

Part of reason y noone uses other site is because everyone on it. Same reason why everyone uses shitcord now or noone chooses a different site other than utube

When I was a heavy drinker I used to have drunken rants about Brexit and trannies. Nobody ever liked any of my comments but I didn't have any real friends anyway. Mainly just people from school who added me that I've never spoke to in my life. Got rid of it two years ago.
Main reason I got rid of it was because I don't want certain members of my family (who I cut off from years ago) knowing what I'm up to.

it's a really weird website
Lol shitcord
Are you happier after deleting Facebook?

I use it to send pictures & other things to my dad, and he uses it for the same reason.

got it when i was 16 because i couldn't keep in contact with my team for a game in person so i got it, then i delete it on my 17th birthday because i realized i was getting jealous of people in my school.
felt good after i deleted it because i never have to see a picture of some slag getting ready to go out to get pissed at a nightclub.
Now the bad news is that fellow human mark zuckerman now knows i exists

Yes I am desu, although that's not the only thing.

Thank you for sharing, I think this is a good post.

I'm strongly considering deleting my account soonish

What else?

Who you are online is a different person to your real self. I think this is inherent to the internet, since there's no tangible feedback for what you do online, and you can filter what you say before you say it (like I've done many, many times in the post). You sort of play a character, an idealized version of yourself, which is fine if you're just a name or an avatar on a screen, but it's wrong to apply the same mentality to yourself IRL.

People are flawed, but when you mix the internet and real life you can make yourself seem flawless, and then your have no reason to improve yourself. You get to be the person you imagine yourself as, without working for it; so many people become complacent without really achieving anything because you can make yourself appear the way you want to be and have other people believe and encourage it.

Maybe I'm just too engrossed in escapism...

Attached: 151207906342.png (1632x1241, 1.41M)

>You sort of play a character
Maybe you do, dweeb

>Who you are online is a different person to your real self.
I'm very much myself online actually maybe you're projecting a bit?

I go to the gym, go swimming and try and get out of the house as much as possible. I go to Church most Sundays too. Don't have much of a social life but I like to be alone.
I'm looking for a girlfriend now, sadly Tinder is my only option, although it isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Good luck

Thank you, you too.

Attached: 902.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

>Who you are online is a different person to your real self.
Yes and no. However a good point regarding one's personal lifestyle: (s)he lives with a cellphone.

Real life and net life are today equally real for a fuckton of people. Undeniable thing for these ones.

Facebook makes me very unhappy because it's so political and EVERYONE just gives such a shit.
Anyone else have this experience on fb? Like God damn this isn't parliament it's just a fucking website you lunatics

I'm myself online. Im also extroverted and have no problem socializing irl

I remember before Brexit happened 90% of people were posting anti-Brexit memes of fat and ugly people saying "This is what the average Brexit voter looks like". It's a left-wing propaganda machine for a bunch of obnoxious, thick students.

>You sort of play a character, an idealized version of yourself
I think you're right about this.
>and then your have no reason to improve yourself
But wrong about this.
I am terrible at speaking to people in real life, I still find it hard on the internet but a lot easier than face to face. I have met people I've previously only known on the internet before and I have found it much easier to converse with them the way I want to because they are already used to how I present myself on the internet. They have talked to the idealised me and in turn that has helped me become more like that in real life as well. I don't think I could ever have become real-life friends with them if I had not met them through the internet first.
For me at least, who you are online is more who you want to be, but there's nothing to say you cannot also become that person in real life. I don't think they're completely separate, just one is a little ahead of the other.

I hope that made sense.

Attached: 6da371fc5a1cf40dd115b74eda2a8350fd54f4e61a27ef239fb1226758f3e3aa.jpg (1200x1632, 105K)

> using facebook, ever

That made sense to me
Lmao that sounds awful

Isn't it great. Free mind, free World, free choice.

haha

:DDD

how's life in Finland bud?

Breddy gud at the moment. A lot of job related work but that's fine.

Weather is unprecedentedly warm, days have been hot and humid but the nights (like at the moment) are about a warm breeze.

lol that's good.
so what the fuck is iki tho

iki.fi. Eternal email once you paid for it. Especially if you joined in for ages ago. Then it comes with certain benefits, too.

How are you doing dude?

that's cool.
also im well thanks. just LIVIN DA DREAM

also I just deleted my facebook lads, thank you for giving me balls to do it

never used facebook or twitter

Haha, balls of stainless tungsten steel. Good going dude.

FB withdrawal symptoms are considered as nothing much today, just try out something else. Something new.

right before deleting it, i dropped my phone number in messenger to this girl ive been talking to for a few months and then deleted the account. she texted me right afterword so it's all good hahaha

lmfao tungsten steel? are my balls lightbulbs

Ok, Hastelloy 188 then, with 10% of Tungsten in it.
Hastelloy 188 is the alloy of which the M1A2 Abrams main gun barrel is made of. Super high heat and wear resistant, super difficult to machine. Shoots the fastest kinetic AP projectiles regarding MBT main guns.

So there :DDD

I totally agree with what you've said, but I think in your example you're the exception rather than the rule.

To me, a big part of life is trying to become the ideal version of yourself- whatever "ideal" means. But when you can become that ideal person without having to put in the effort it's only obvious that most will take the easy way out, even if they don't truly become that person. It's easier to look appear good rather than be good, and in my experience only few people put the effort in for the latter.

Unlike real life you have free reign over who you spend time with online. When you talk through avatars and screen names, the friends you make are based purely on if you think their idealized self is worth your time. As long as both of you are honest enough about who you are I think you can form stronger friendships than you ever would with someone you first met offline.

Attached: 151880184188.jpg (1498x2103, 390K)

lol sweet dude. i like you

thanks for being honest mate

qUADS

i only use it to troll

i want to

Never used it.

wasted quads

wasted post to check wasted quads

wasted butthurt reply

wasted underage butthurt implification

wasted misspelling of implication

can't quit it yet bc I gotta talk to grandma

>check how it spelt because never used it
>copypaste
>copypaste wrong thing
wasted indeed

wasted greentext explanation tl;dr

ftw u wanna reply to manx but hes probably sleeping so u cant have a good convo ):

resisted signing up at all until 2014 think it was.. made one to use messenger to talk to some chick i wanted to smash but then lost interest in / got friendzoned by after our first date and i deleted my account later because i hate everything about it

Sorry >.

what exactly do you hate about facebook?