Bant what if we stop global warming by taking the heat and moving it out of the atmosphere

bant what if we stop global warming by taking the heat and moving it out of the atmosphere

Attached: 1528966302863.gif (500x500, 456K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FcxrWUTzrUA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

we should just use all our freezers to make a lot of ice and dump it in the ocean

Attached: 1533156876782.jpg (640x359, 32K)

i dont even give a shit about global warming
what kind of faggot dies just because it got a little warmer and the water is higher lmao

But it'd be too cold

Attached: 1527042561247.png (300x500, 112K)

this too
i live on an island :(
we dont have to take all of the heat

lol
living on an island is gay as fuck

new zealand is and island

Somebody who lives on a shitty little island like you do should care ngl

i dont think thats how it works

Attached: 151354336436.png (242x250, 91K)

y not

no it isnt lol
its a continent roughly the size of australia, its just that its 94% underwater so only the highest points stick out
lmao

Everything is island

because you cant really move heat into a vacuum
and if you mean co2 then we'd release more co2 just breaking out of orbit than we'd get rid of
silly boomer

the difference between an island and a continent is just the size of the landmass
so while technically continents are just giant islands, the distinction is relevant and important. especially when discussing the effects of global warming
silly boomer

The earth is an island. Or a spaceship.

You can radiate heat energy out into a vacuum, like the sun

>literally the description of an island
hurr durr

How about stopping it by making earth flat? Fig 2.

Attached: Global warming.png (467x361, 10K)

Its too late. The world's doomed.

lol no

We need to get rid of water. No one will drown if we launch it to the sun

lol yes

i dont think we can do that in the sense of removing the heat from earth though but it was a very good point
although if you can think of a way to store the heat and yeet it into space then that would be pretty cool, but i feel like it'd be better served for heating our homes and saving the energy to make less co2
idk tb.h

shut up new zealand is an island
use willpower desu

nuh uh

It actually literally IS the description of an island because the available landmass is not that massive

uh har

the definition of an island is land surrounded by water
that means all the continents are islands
that means everyone lives on an island
except for me, because New Zealand is not an island :^^^)

no u

please read the post where i explain the difference between an island and a continent i think it would help you a fair bit

exactly
continents are islands

u no

>the difference between an island and a continent is just the size of the landmass
please read it again until you understand the meaning of the words, i understand that your iqs are slightly lower than the average

I believe some heat already radiates from earth into space. The atmosphere traps some, otherwise if the atmosphere trapped it all and heat couldn't escape, you end up like Venus where it's hot as fuck. It's also why the earth cools at night; if one side of the earth was always in night, it would get pretty damn cold.
So you need a way to have earth's atmosphere to trap less heat, and reflect more heat out into space. Not sure how you do that. I know water vapor in the atmosphere traps a lot of heat, much more than CO2 does, so maybe if you could reduce humidity in the atmosphere. But I don't see how you could do that. Or if you could make the ocean surface white instead of dark blue, that might reflect more heat out into space.

yeah, some already does but when i was replying to the other user he had suggested to just move the heat into space nd i dont think we could make a concerted effort to do that
and ye having the earth's atmosphere trap less heat is when you release less co2 or begin to absorb it lul thats why people dont like it and get angry about cars nd shit, and get very impassioned boners about planting loads of trees cos they absorb it
so in conclusion: nah you cant really just move the heat (4head) but you could stop making so much fuggin polution

>and if you mean co2 then we'd release more co2 just breaking out of orbit than we'd get rid of
>silly boomer
If you want to take CO2 out of the atmosphere, you just need a machine that can take CO2 out of the atmosphere, by taking the carbon and releasing O2. We could make the machine solar powered. And if we could make it so the machines could build copies of itself, so it could spread around the globe and be enough to make an impact
>it's called a plant

>implying

and new zealand has big land, it is just underwater lol

lol i just said that

silly boomer

Attached: boomer4head.jpg (630x630, 34K)

uk has big land its just underwater lol not an island 4head

Shouldn't it be called the UQ, the United Queendom

there is no stopping global warming, the paris agreement is a fucking joke meant to pacify the ignorant masses
move inland

i hope youre okay mr boomer

Attached: homer-simpson-thinking-illustration-J7JFHW.jpg (1034x1390, 124K)

yes I know, you guys have doggerland and are actually connected to continental europe

Here, take this: '

>islands dont exist
ok you should definitely go to bed

We will all long be dead before it makes a hill of beans difference.
If it's going to make much difference at all.

>he doesn't know

Attached: 1411630175363.png (66x64, 10K)

If we're going that route, I propose liquid cooling the Earth

lol
everywhere is an island
except for New Zealand

this lmao

why

this is a good idea

hahaha UK BTFO BY SUPERIOR NZ INTELLIGENCE

your average iq is actually two points lower
:(

lol no

yeah but our iq is in the metric units though

proof?

youre starting to worry me

Attached: 1518317120791.gif (209x193, 109K)

whom quote?

ure just mad becuz NZ is not an island lmao

Attached: 30yoboomer.png (380x349, 70K)

lol
you cant even defend yurself, thats how wrong you are lol

i'm sorry you ended up like this
you could have been so much better :(

youre just mad because you live on an island

say deck

Attached: (laughs).jpg (900x506, 127K)

You tell them buddy.

penis

don't encourage him he's already beyond the pale

How much heat? I like my 30°c weather

sorry i only know freedom units

but yeah OP to answer your question we cant just drastically change the composition of earth's atmosphere, it would have serious effects on the temperature, climate, weather etc that could affect people much worse than global warming

we really just need china, india and america to get their shit together as the overwhelming majority of the things accelerating global warming and destroying the environment are because of these 3 countries
i guess that makes sense though as they are the 3 most populated countries in the world so they need a massive amount of resources to keep them afloat, the US especially where they actually kind of care about their citizens and dont want 30 of them living in a 2 bedroom apartment so they need more resources per person.

I read an interesting article recently about a group who wanted to build an artificial floating island somewhere in the pacific (i think near french polynesia) which would be entirely self sufficient and even have its own currency and right now they were fundraising for it and hope to complete it by 2022.
I dont know if this is realistic for them but i think its an interesting idea and if a country's government tried it they would probably succeed.
i hope they figure something out soon because quite a few pacific islands have/will stop existing within our lifetimes and then smaller island nations like New Zealand wont be far behind them.

>21 posts by this ID
based

thanks man

>hurr durr New Zealand is a continent

Attached: E5460AC6-A3AC-41C7-8D96-7B9DEA327F35.png (1200x1335, 269K)

i will be the first bant poster on that island

youtube.com/watch?v=FcxrWUTzrUA

is that varg

yes it is

Attached: aAxEBAL_460s.jpg (460x457, 30K)

what if we made a giant portable ac and put the exhaust pipe into outer space

No that still wouldn't work

but why, heat would move away from earth

Have we made any breakthroughs?

Attached: 1496501584407.png (612x577, 76K)

The amount of work required to move any quantity of CO2 will use more energy and create more CO2 than you would be getting rid of, leaving you with a net positive of CO2.
It's like you couldn't just use a billion fridges to freeze the world. The amount of CO2 released by powering the fridges would completely overshadow the heat loss.
It's basically just entropy, things are destined to decay and become worse over time

We should take Bikini Bottom and push it somewhere else!

Attached: patrick.jpg (480x360, 18K)

like Jow Forums?

EvAC
GoMP
COz
acme
WUW
aim

Precisely, except in this case it's the whole universe. There are measures we can take against everything going to shit, but much like terminal cancer it will still happen and we are all still collectively doomed eventually.

A good way to do things (super long term btw) would be to hoard and store as much energy as possible till very late game into the universe's life cycle and use it then. Due to the ambient temperature lowering as we reach heat death, machines and computers will be more efficient so we could potentially just simulate a universe and live eternities in the matter of years, basically skipping heat death. But of course that's autistically far into the future so who the fuck knows, maybe we'll all just get nuked instead.

Attached: Viper_6.png (600x600, 482K)