Gravy and biscuits

>gravy and biscuits
>homemade apple, blackberry, and fig jellies
>homemade apple butter
>fried potatoes
>sweet rice
>grits (for breakfast)
>jambolaya
>cornbread (sweet, spicy, or regular, and all can be put in milk)
>crawfish boils
>hush puppies
>smoked mac & cheese
>cole slaw (hot slaw, broccoli slaw, kale slaw, too)
>collard and turnip greens
>meatloaf
>pork rinds
>fried green tomatoes
>shrimp and grits (or fish and grits)
>florida lobster
>fried chicken
>veggie plates (green beans, pintos, black beans, carrots, etc)
>barbecue (texan, appalachian, carolinan mustard, alabaman white, brisket, ribs, pulled pork, chicken, etc)
>chicken fried steak
>country fried steak
>fried okra
>fried catfish
>cobblers (apple, peach, blackberry, etc)
>pies (apple, pumpkin, sweet potato)
>more stuff that I just didn't think of

Why is Dixian cuisine so good r/banter? I honestly feel like it's one of the best in the world, easily going toe-to-toe with stuff like Mexican, Italian, Japanese, etc in terms of purely how much good stuff there is. Maybe not better than those three, but able to be compared to them based on complex and developed the foods are. I feel like it's super, super underrated.

Attached: 1527086501438.png (885x538, 19K)

cool

thanks for the bump, you're a good poster after all

You put some effort to this post so why not bump

thanks fren, it means a lot

Attached: 1526769653832.png (579x585, 14K)

bumping

Attached: 1526982868958.png (868x790, 36K)

Sounds pretty good
Too bad that most of the world can only see fast food

It's good. But unlike Italian, Japanese, or Mexican, it's hard to find good Southern food outside of the South

Attached: 1531289304012.jpg (780x438, 71K)

cornbread is Mexican
pork rinds are Mexican
barbecue is Mexican
veggie plates are Mexican
fried tomatoes are Mexican
meatloaf is Mexican
STOP STEALING OUR NATIONAL FOOD PINCHES GRINGOS PUÑETEROS

I appreciate you saying that. Fast food is fun and all, but the home cookin' is the real good stuff.

Yeah, a real shame. Kinda nice not seeing it botched the world over, though. BBQ is already messed up when y*nkees try it and just put ketchup and mustard and brown sugar together and call it bbq sauce and put it on, like, burgers...

Lol good one

I'm serious motherfucker, those dishes are actually Mexican
you gringos stole it from us and now pretend you invented them
Fuck off with your bullshit

Did you mean: Made them better?

Attached: confederates in nam.jpg (960x951, 90K)

Genuinely seems great

Attached: 1511843179399.jpg (344x570, 96K)

No, your people stole it

WHO
ARE
YOU
QUOTING?
Seriously. Is there something you forgot to link?
Why do you make a thread and you start it quoting somebody? There's nobody to quote yet. You're the only person here. So presumably you would indicate who it is you're quoting, but I see no such indication. Who said those things? I can't believe you're making it up, because if you were you'd at least come up with something interesting to be quoting, right? Are you just such an uninteresting person that the best thing you can come up with for a thread is to start posting unattributed quotes? Fucking sad. It actually boggles the mind knowing that you're so uninteresting and desperate for attention that you'd resort to something like this. I'd wish you the best, but for you I can tell the best is absolutely awful.

>cornbread
not mexican
>pork rinds
mexicans also have, idk who made pork rinds/chicharrones first
>barbecue
LOL not mexican at all, my gf is from michoacan and she had not only never tried bbq before (nor barbecoa which is an unrelated dish of related name) but didn't even know what it was
>veggie plates
not what I mentioned, y'all don't eat collard greens or anything like that
>fried tomatoes
i doubt it my gf had never heard of them either.
>meatloaf
lol do you even know how to make meatloaf

based

Thanks, I wish more people could try the real thing, but it's getting harder to get it unless you house with people and they fix it for you.

Your mistake was believing that I was quoting anyone!

And made it better.

Attached: confederates in nam 2.jpg (400x400, 31K)

For once a thread/post where you dont just go into a thread you dont like to complain and whine and actually talk about something interesting
Have (you)

Attached: 1533498617157.jpg (1270x1800, 1.06M)

>BBQ is already messed up when y*nkees try it and just put ketchup and mustard and brown sugar together and call it bbq sauce and put it on, like, burgers...

I mean, if I can make a good BBQ sauce, I'd totally make it. As it stands, I can't find a good recipe. As for putting BBQ sauce on a burger and dog, why not? It's sauce after all. Like, a burger with Swiss cheese, onion rings, pulled pork, bacon and some spicy BBQ sauce to conflict with the sweet BBQ in the pulled pork? It's 10/10

I've tried a lot of similar flavours and dishes to what you posted and the through-theme of the cuisine is insanely fucking based and I'd love to try some of the less common things you listed
Never before have I tried fried green tomato, I would absolutely love to

NOT TRUE NOT TRUE NOT TRUE NOT TRUE NOT TRUE NOT TRUE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>North America
>Good food

Even Mexes cant cook

Attached: kattergatter.jpg (612x612, 36K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180220-092729.jpg (1080x1920, 613K)

fuck you puto

do you know who I am from previous posting? Either way, thanks for the (You)

It's fine to put it on them, it just seems weird, especially since bbq sauce is sweet.

If you want a recipe, I suggest a simple tomato sauce/vinegar/honey mix (4:2:1 portions maybe?) with some peppers(habañero maybe), onions, and garlic grilled down (idk amount) and chop them finely. mix them into the boiling previous, and then mix 1:1 brown sugar:spices in, with the spices being paprika+any assortment of black pepper, cayenne, chipotle, chili powder, parsley, oregano, white pepper, cumin, or other things that might sound tasty. Don't go light with the spices. Let it boil and condense. You might have to experiment for a while (I rarely do the same thing twice anywho) but that's a good base-line. Also, it will be spicier if you let it rest in the fridge for a week or so in a mason jar.

based and redpilled, it genuinely makes me happy to hear that tbqh. and luckily enough fried green tomatoes are super easy to make. Just get a cornmeal coating and fry some not-yet-ripe tomatos in a skillet. You could probably find some hushpuppy or cornmeal mix pre-made at the grocery store.

don't worry mexican food is based too

Have a (You) for your troubles, come try our food though. Also kielbasa is pretty based

based and redpilled

>actually unironically being fucking mexican
You cannot
Make
This shit
Up

Attached: 1519691875114.png (600x580, 397K)

>Poland
>any note worthy food

:(
thanks sorry for being mean, your food is based too

>premade mixes
Most of the world isn't that ""advanced"" yet, we still make our own shit, and we definitely don't have hushpuppy mixes yet, can barely find a decent pancake mix
Anyways though I'll make sure to visit your side of the US when I go around the world travelling, where would I find the Dixxian cuisine fampai?

Attached: 1519746184822.jpg (800x670, 104K)

Test

You're alright fren

Cheers mate I'll give it a go when I visit some day

Attached: 1522741019096.gif (128x128, 151K)

Glad to hear, just be sure to ask the locals where the actual best place is, 9/10 times they'll've been to every single one in the city and could tell you in a heartbeat.

bumping to see if anyone else comments before I take a relaxing mid-day snooze so that I may read them at my leisure

Attached: 1533095175412.jpg (400x400, 18K)