Does Jow Forums still like books? What are you reading, guys?

Does Jow Forums still like books? What are you reading, guys?

Attached: 5634637378.jpg (811x1014, 153K)

storybooks cause i have to study

Attached: 1525295162184.png (350x350, 88K)

history i meant

I love history. What historical period are you reading about?

Trying to finish Notes from the dead house by Dosto

Would you recommend it? I finished "Notes from the Underground", but never touched "Notes from the dead house" for some reason. Has been sitting on my shelf for ages.

Its a pretty interesting read about life of a noble guy sent into an exile into jail living among common people desu
Feels to me like back then people in prison was way more humane than they are now

Well, I suppose anything by Dostoyevskiy is worth a read. Gonna pick this one up as soon as I have the time to.

And yeah, I guess you are right. People back then were much more humane in general. Lots of masterpieces have been written behind bars. Guess that wouldn't be possible in today's prisons.

Im Westen Nichts Neues / All Quiet on the Western Front

How do you like it? Not too fond of Remarque personally... but I guess its because I only read his works in German. And I'm not really fluent in it.

Trying to read Notes from the Underground. Used to read a lot but the internet has killed my attention span

le blogging gril

Its one of the best ones by Dostoevsky in my opinion! Read it like 4-5 years ago and it really impressed me. Should probably reread it sometimes...

Currently reading The Sot-Weed Factor and it's pretty alright. I spend four hours a day on public transit so there's plenty of time to read.

I actually envy you a little bit on this one. Here in Moscow we have a "tradition" of reading in the underground, but I could never concentrate there enough to read anything. So, had to dedicate those two hours to music instead...

(dubs)
I used to read alot, but the last book I read that wasnt a manga was both versions of Doctor Faustus printed together back in 2015. Ive wanted to get back into reading again, thinking of starting with A Catcher in the Rye

Attached: 1518555859831.png (323x358, 134K)

I guess you should. Literature has so much to offer, you are bound to find something that suits your personal taste.

A Catcher in the Rye is a classic, so its always good to get acquainted with.

Cosmopolis. Truly like me its plot politic and economic.

drugs

I am continuing War and Peace, and I STILL haven’t finished the Nibelungenlied

Never heard abouth this one... Would you recommend it?
I feel your pain, while being in the middle of Catch-22, I've switched to Hesse...

Nice to see you again though!

book of disquiet

Just came back from a holiday in France

I almost finished the two sociology books (finally, at least I made progress since last time)
I'm reading on the beach so its way faster

Then Warrior Cats, then The Stranger (L'étranger) from Albert Camus

same problem with internet tbdesu, this plus various hobbies (im really curious) kinda killed the time I had to read

Currently reading Dark Tower 3; Wastelands. Lost my phone earlier this year and managed to fill the time I usually stare at my phone by reading (thanks to my replacement phone being a piece of shit that barely works). In the last half a year I have already read more books than in the previous five.

Attached: Dancing_Apustaja.gif (840x488, 511K)

What's that? First time I hear about this one.
How was your vacation? Which parts of France have you been to?
Great to see you again, French user! Hope you have a great time with your vacation!

Mistborn series it's awsome, has allomancy

Attached: 51P1gigjHSL._SX302_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (304x499, 35K)

>In the last half a year I have already read more books than in the previous five.
Thats the spirit! The more you read the better!

Currently reading a book from star wars legends
Does anyone have any recommendations for post-apocalyptic/sci-fi westerns, or horror novels?

>books
>steven universe fan comic

thanks ! Yes I have a great time, I'm near the sea right now and I love to swim!
What about you?

Armaggedons Children, plus anything by Terry Brooks is epic fantasy

Attached: 51694i8fRgL._SX302_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (304x499, 45K)

The south of France is always a great place to spend a vacation in (especially Corsica, I just love it!). I'm pretty good too, not travelling too much lateley, but as soon as I get my master's degree, I just have to go somewhere...

Should I be starting on Armageddon's Children? I just looked it up on wikiped and it looks like other books in the same series were published before it

I'm actually in the west not the south, not far from where I live but closer to the sea
WHen will you get your master degree tho?

Your choice, I read that first randomly he has other book series that all tie in together check out the Shannara series it's more fantasy but this one is post- apocalytiptic

Dubs decide the next book I read

the Satanist Bible

Mein kampf

Well, I've always thought it was mainly the south where all the resorts were at. Guess I should see more of France...

In September hopefully. That is if I pull myself together and actualyy manage to come up with a decent diploma.

Attached: 58787849.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

The Golden Bough

I visited Cap Corse this summer and it was pretty wild. Don't think I could live there but it's a beautiful place.

I’m reading the essential neitzche then after I finish that I’m reaching a storm of steel

A Squire's Trial

Catcher in the Rye.

the adventures of sherlock holmes