Do people in your country still uses wood stoves for cooking and heating...

Do people in your country still uses wood stoves for cooking and heating? I'm curious if in the eastern european countries they're still used.

Attached: serveimage-132.jpg (760x1344, 135K)

yes

sometimes for outdoor barbecues

Isn't Israel way too hot to have a something like this?

But they're not inside your houses, right?

summer houses and 10-15 people villages that never got electricity still use it, yeah

Ah, so mostly rural areas then?

we still use it for cooking

ye

yep, pretty much

Yes, pizzerias, to cook pizza, and some old or hipster houses have wood stoves for heating

ahh no, not generally inside. might have seen it once.

A lot of homes on Vancouver Island use them for heat in the winter.

if we're talking just fireplaces by themselves they're everywhere here

With good wood like Oak or Holm Oak you can heat a 200m2 house with a stove like your pic.

Even more efficient than coal.

Attached: 11.jpg (1280x960, 124K)

Old farmhouses often still have them for nostalgia. There‘s modern stoves too, but i know a few people who use the woodstove every now and then. It‘s especially good for bread baking since it gives a nice rustique taste.

Sadly the wood industry cut down our natives trees, and now we have to use crappy pine and eucalyptus as firewood.

>eucalyptus
AUS'd

Exactly homemade bread is much better when cooked in a wood stove, apple kuchen (apfel) as well.

Attached: serveimage-66.jpg (1600x900, 157K)

When I was a child in NZ we had a wood stove next to our gas stove anything cooked on the wood stove tasted so much better it was also connected to our hot water system and when ever it got too hot it would shoot hot water out of a spout on the roof

Some people use that water system down here as well, but now the goverment is trying to make the change to solar.

Attached: serveimage-78.jpg (1280x854, 57K)

I lived in that house 16 years ago it was an 9 bedroom villa which was over 100 years old I hope it hasn't been replaced

sounds expensive

It would be now it was worth less than a mill when my family lived in it but my parents got divorced and fucked it all up probably worth millions now it was in a popular holiday town with a few acres of fruit trees

that sucks dude

Yeah it was the best time of my child hood we could access the estuary from the back of the property I spent most of my child hood at the beach and fishing

I know a guy who uses a wood stove for cooking and such.
I mean yeah, some people have a wood stove but theyre not common.

Still used here in rare places. I'd never eat anything cooked over wood though.

Why not? I sometimes use wood in my bbq (grill).

I like to taste the meat, not the heat.

P R O P A N E

I like the smoky flavour you get from using charcoal or wood.

I work with propane so I saw the light. I like light whisky and the real taste of flesh. Smoke is overpowering.

Attached: Capture.jpg (246x417, 20K)

light whisky? I just chug vodka and redbull.

you would love braaibrootjies

Attached: CF7fGSPUEAAL2tu.jpg (448x297, 50K)

That's for ladies.

i have to agree with you there

I cum

every Friday lad braaibrootjie and beer

Can you even hunt meat?

Sounds amazing all the South Africans I have met have been overly friendly would like to travel there one day

if you visit a saffa there will be more meat than you can eat and more beer than you can drink and more kindness than your heart can bare

Yes indeedy.
We use wood rarely for cooking.
It adds to the meat alot of times.
My grandad and two of my uncles still use solely wood for heat.
Toasty!

Attached: IMG_20170625_201656.jpg (1944x2592, 1.05M)

Yes, in the countryside and some remote parts, but it's usually by choice and not necessity. I used to live ine a farm with a ~150 year old maind building where we had well water and wood heating. Could have easily joined the city water supply and get electric heating, but we chose not to.

Yes a lot of people use them specially in rural areas by the south

yes

I'm in the south, the real south. That's why I'm asking everyone else.
Uyui

They're very popular in rural or even suburban areas. My uncle lives in a rich cunt suburb in Santiago, near the mountains and everyone has them.

used to have one like 20 years ago
may look comfy and all but running out of wood at 5 a.m in the morning in the middle of winter isn't fun