Take the IR Pill

Intelligent design is provable beyond a reasonable doubt because mathematics are discovered, not invented. Mathematics is the code with which the program of reality is written, thus necessitating a developer.

For those that cannot reconcile the idea of a god they cannot explicitly prove, consider the following anecdote: the origins of the number i.

In medieval Europe, mathematicians would compete against one another to solve seemingly impossible problems. One such mathematician discovered a trick that enabled him to solve these problems quickly. He realized that if he could take the square root of a negative number, he could turn these "impossible" problems into something easily solvable. Despite the fact that taking the root of a negative was "impossible", he simply defined sqrt(-1) as a number: i. Later on, as complex number theory was developed, we realized that not only was i very much "real", but the discovery of the complex plane greatly helped our understanding of reality.

This applies to spirituality at large, and specifically to the existence of a creator. Just like imaginary numbers exist on a plane we cannot readily perceive, there also exists a "magick" "spiritual" plane in our reality that we cannot readily perceive, yet it is very real and is intimately connected to our perceived reality.

youtube.com/watch?v=T647CGsuOVU&t=150s

It's the IR pill because it's so red you can't see it.

Attached: complex plane.png (725x510, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GnEWOYKgI4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Haha ooooooooooooooooooooookay, buddy.

Attached: 1466114916367.jpg (500x375, 107K)

hindus discovered numbers

The race or ethnicity of the people that discovered math isn't the point. The point is that math was discovered, not invented, meaning these invisible laws that govern our universe were designed.

How can you discover numbers? They just symbolize an amount of a thing.

>meaning these invisible laws that govern our universe were designed.

That's not what it means. It merely means that the dynamics of the laws upon which reality is based are observable within the reality itself.

it means religion itself has very little to do with numbers

oh kay. Although "IR" pill is a fun concept, you apparently missed that all mathematicians now agree with Dedekind - 'numbers are the free creation of the human mind'. math is invented by humans, for humans.

Dumb it down for me OP
How is numbers and God related?

Appeal to authorities isn't an argument. Nor consensus.

Basically he thinks that because pi*r^2 results in the surface area of a circle, someone must have designed the universe.

> The point is that math was discovered, not invented, meaning these invisible laws that govern our universe were designed.
Why does something being discovered mean it must be designed?

Religion is subsequent. We can't even begin to talk about that without first addressing whether or not our reality was designed. What I'm proposing is that math, in and of itself, is proof of design. Also, math describes reality, and the complex plane describes a plane of reality that is real yet is not perceivable to us. We commonly refer to such a plane as a spiritual realm, or similar.

You discover that reality can be modeled by math. The simplest example is counting, but the invisible laws of math that have been discovered throughout history and govern our reality show us that these laws are universal and are accurate. Galileo once said that math is the language of God, and that nature is written in it.

>complex numbers prove that evolution doesn't real
listening to the elucubrations of muttellectuals is all so tiresome.

>Intelligent design
Still doesn't prove the existence of a jewish god.

It's not the simple fact that it was discovered. It's that we discovered order in math that could only have been created by a Great Architect, Designer, whatever you want to call God.

I'm saying we discovered the beginnings of math long ago through counting, expanded it to geometry, discovered geometric problems can be modeled and solved algebraically, discovered calculus, complex numbers, etc. etc......
We didn't invent anything. We just discovered what's "under the hood" of the universe, and the fact that there are "logic switches" or mechanisms of truth (math) that defines our reality and governs it is a smoking gun for intelligent design.

>mathematics are discovered, not invented
>he simply defined sqrt(-1) as a number: i

Suspend your assumptions ITT. Only focusing on the question of intelligent design. Specific culture's understandings of such a designer are subsequent discussions to be had.

Yes, there is a god.
No, it's not the one from the bible.

432 times 432 =186624theclassic speed of lightis 186400 miles/second, a difference of .001201.

How many seconds are in 12 hours? 43,200 – 432

A well-conditioned human has a heart which beats once per second, 60/minute, 3600 beats per hour and 86,400 beats per day. The diameter of the sun is 864,000 miles (2 x 432). The diameter of the moon is 2160 miles (432 / 2).

Mythologist Joseph Campbell noted that the current estimate of 4.5 billion terrestrial years (TY) for the lifetime of the Earth is very close to the pure unit 4320 found in Hindu mythology and other cosmological systems. 4320 occurs in several variations. By one reckoning, 4,320,000 years is one "Day of Brahma," that is, one vast cosmic cycle. Ancient calculations extrapolate 4320 into tens and hundreds of billions of years. 4320 is also the breakdown of the four Yugas or cosmic ages in sacred Hindu (Brahmanical) chronology.

The symbol of Christ and the new testament became Aries the Fish. More specifically quoting the Bible, Book of Revelations 21:9-21in particular“12,000 x 12,000 x 12,000 stadia = 1,728 billion cubic stadia, which, when divided by 4, equals 432 billion. Moreover, in Rev. 13:18 it is declared that the number of the name of the “beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadms upon its horns and a blasphemous name upon its heads” (Rev 13:1), is 666; whereas 6 x 6 x6 = 216, which is half of 432.”

The Indian Maha-yuga or great age is 4,320,000 years = 432,000 x 10. Babylonian and Indian systems of calculation appear to be of common origin.

It has necessarily nothing to do with intelligent design. You are merely discovering the principles of the reality itself. These principles work because if they didn't, the reality would not exist.

Your argument is similarly fallacious to saying that intelligent design must exist because Earth is located at the perfect distance away from Sun. It's awkward reasoning.

It's a great metaphor. He knew sqrt(-1) was the key to solving the problems, and though he didn't understand it, he went forward and used it. It's like how, before science, people knew God had to exist given the world around them, and called sqrt(-1) "God", so to speak.
In math, later, we came to understand that sqrt(-1) is a kind of conduit that takes us into another plane, and that the existence of this plane answers a lot of questions in math like in the video i linked.

Similarly, the existence of a spiritual plane of existence answers a host of questions that science has been so far unable to answer, just like the medieval mathematicians were unable to solve certain problems without sqrt(-1).

exactly... we are only ever producing an approximation of what reality is

In The Inner Reaches Of Outer Space, Joseph Campbell discusses the similarity between the Babylonian and Genesis flood stories. In the Babylonian story, there were ten kings who lived very long lives from the creation to the time of the flood -- a period of time given as 432,000 years. Zecharia Sitchin reckons the time frame to be 445,000 years ago, with the flood pegged at 13,000 years ago. [1] (Do the math.)

In the Biblical account, there were ten patriarchs between Adam and Noah (aka The Adam's Family), who also lived long lives. The total years -- adjusting for the massive overlap in their lives, add up to 1,656. In that number of years, there are 86,400 weeks, or exactly twice 43,200. Curiously, the number of seconds in a 24 hour day is 86,400.

To reconcile taking half of 86,400 to obtain 43,200, one should note the ancient tradition of seeing a cycle as one half waning and one half waxing (as in the lunar cycle). The day thus has 24 hours, or 2 sets of 12 hours -- 12 hours of a waxing sun, followed by 12 hours of a waning sun. 12 is, in fact, considered the celestial holy number (7 being the down-to-earth holy number). Additionally, in Revelation 12, the woman with child has a crown of 12 stars. The New Jerusalem has 12 gates, angels and pearls. And the symbol of the Heart chakra is a 12-petal Lotus Flower . John Mitchell, author of City Of Revelation, shows a diagram of the New Jerusalem Plan, based on St. John’s vision. It has 12 circles in a ring, with a 12-pointed star inside, formed by four overlapping triangles. (The Zodiac is often depicted in a similar way). If you take the circles to be 360 degrees each, and multiplies by the number of circles, the total equals 4,320.

Campbell points out a number of other strange things about the numbers. Viking eddas were found in Iceland that told the story of the Day of Ragnorook, the Doomsday of the Gods. At that time, 800 Divine Warriors were to come out of each of the 540 Doors of Valhalla. And as it turns out, 800 x 540 = 432,000.

The Kali-Yuga time cycle of the Eastern religions, is also 432,000 years, while the other three ages of the Grand Cycle are multiples of 432,000 years -- with the total of all four cycles being 4,320,000 years. (see Annals of Earth -- Episode 3.)

The earth’s axis wobble that causes the precession of the equinoxes is given as 25,920 years. Divided by the ancient “soss”, 60, which was used in calculations, results in 432. The 60 is also relevant as the ratio of the distance to the Moon from Earth and Earth’s radius (see Nines), the number of seconds in a minute, and minutes in an hour, and half the hundred and twenty years of man [Genesis 6:3].

A manufacturer of golf balls once did a test to find the ideal number of dimples to put on golf balls. It turned out that balls with 432 dimples went farther than the rest.

432 is also a fundamental part of a Gematrian numbering system, that seems to be based on adding the number 36. Two of the resulting numbers are 1656 and 25920. Others are 144 or 144,000, and 1260, which also appear in Revelation. Each number had a meaning. 432, for example, means, “Consecration”.

Some believe these numbers were placed in the Bible to transmit messages across time itself. Carl Munck has shown that these numbers were part of a very ancient system for positioning ancient sites around the world. James Furia has shown that the musical scale is also related, i.e. the centering note is “A” at 432 cps, rather than the standard 440.

It goes on and on... And of course, every single one of the numbers reduces to 9

Attached: 1516390428767.png (680x510, 494K)

440 = 4+4 = 8
440/12 = 36.666 666 666 7

432 = 4+3+2 = 9
432/12 = 36
3+6 = 9

A3 = 216hz = 2+1+6 = 9
A# = 234 hz = 2+3+4 = 9
B = 252hz = 2+5+2 = 9
C = 270hz = 2+7 = 9
C# = 288 = 2+8+8 = 18 = 1+8 = 9
D = 306 = 3+6 = 9
D# = 324 = 3+4+2 = 9
F = 360 = 3+6 = 9
F# = 378 = 3+7+8 = 18 = 1+8 = 9
G = 396 = 3+9+6 = 18 = 1+8 = 9
G# = 414 = 4+1+4 = 9
A = 432 = 4+3+2 = 9

Attached: 1513397440081.png.png (2112x1296, 1.67M)

>meaning these invisible laws that govern our universe were designed.
Lol. No.

There is no particular reason for a year to be 365 days, day to be 24 hours, an hour 60 minutes, or minute 60 seconds. They have been chosen for the sake of conveniency. You are reaching.

>Perfect mathematical concepts that govern every facet of reality simply popped into existence because ???

Attached: uughug.png (856x846, 85K)

Wrong.

Attached: 1505206758388.jpg (1500x1252, 425K)

Attached: 1529875841516.jpg (1600x1067, 601K)

I might have been more interested in math and science when I was young if it was full of people that think their strong subject must be the only subject that matters. It's what you are good at, it's where your mental strength is focused, but there is more to life and spirituality than numbers. You are just a piece of the pie.

I'm right and you are incapable of proving otherwise.

Explain to me this mathfags.
You have point A and point B.
You travel half of the remaining distance with each move.
Math says you will never reach point B.

> It's not the simple fact that it was discovered. It's that we discovered order in math that could only have been created by a Great Architect, Designer, whatever you want to call God.
Why must order come from a creator? Or this particular order?
inb4
> I mean, come on, it’s obvious, dude

Attached: image.jpg (400x323, 72K)

>Using mathematics to understand God
Welcome to ancient Greece.
Enjoy your stay

There's nothing imaginary about complex numbers. Retards who fall for a naming convention don't deserve to breathe.

Yes, God (creator, admin, architect... whatever, up to you) is very real. I love him, it's all quite beautiful, even when it's shit.

Heh, you clearly don't understand what discover and invent mean in the context of math.
Also, would you be able to put into words what would be different if there really is no designer, try to give it some thought and see if you can come up with a genuine answer

Triangle - 180 degrees - 1+8 = 9

Square/Circle - 360 degrees - 3+6=9

Pentagon - 540 degrees - 5+4=9

Hexagon - 720 degrees - 7+2=9

Heptagon - 900 degrees - 9

Octagon - 1080 degrees - 1+8=9

Nonagon - 1260 degrees - 1+2+6=9

Decagon - 1440 degrees - 1+4+4=9

Hendecagon - 1620 degrees - 1+6+2=9

Dodecagon - 1800 degrees - 1+8=9

Attached: 1505873114771.gif (480x270, 3.54M)

How do you discover that which you define yourself? Am I discovering this post by writing it? Are indeterminate forms proof that God is a pajeet and the Hindus were right?

Consider that division by zero is undefined in one model of abstraction and well-defined in another. If both results are correct, which is the "divine" model? If both are, why do they contradict each other?

bamp

Once again, there is no specific reason for a circle to be 360 degrees. It's just a convenient number. Easy to divide. I doubt you even understand the material you are posting.

Kek. you shills are funny.

Attached: 1516393849696.jpg (1902x1438, 1.66M)

Retards who wish ill upon their fellow man don't deserve to breathe. That would actually solve all the worlds problems. Embody that, scum fuck.

>These principles work because the they didn't, the reality would not exist
so how could these extremely specific parameters be implemented if not by a designer?

You compared this point to the earth being in the perfect location against slim odds, but if the universe is infinite, even the narrowest of odds are a surety. This is different because we are not talking about infinite possibilities within a universe, but the initial settings of the universe itself. You could say that there are infinitely many multi-verses being born and only the ones with stable laws survive... or something.... but is that really more likely than a creator? I said from the beginning:
>beyond a reasonable doubt

Why can't you explain why I'm wrong? I would be glad to learn more. Posting pictures in latin hardly proves a thing.

>meaning these invisible laws that govern our universe were designed
Why must they have been designed? This extrapolation has no basis.

Attached: image.jpg (1000x720, 202K)

Thanks mane, we'll worded post. I've been trying to find a way to explain this idea.

You haven't explained anything. You just keep saying It's all arbitrary. There's no need to debate you because everyone here can see that you're just a Black Cube shill.

You would think a braindead Burger would know everything about arbitrary scales when he watch his weather forecast in Fahrenheit

Attached: Smile.jpg (600x600, 94K)

>The race or ethnicity of the people that discovered math isn't the point.
t. low IQ Civic Nationalist cuck

Attached: 1514952087797.png (429x184, 53K)

that problem assumes infinitesimal steps between later moves which is possible with math but reality to our knowledge has discrete step lengths (plank length for example) , thus bypassing the problem.

>so how could these extremely specific parameters be implemented if not by a designer?

They seem extremely specific to you because the way they are is the only way that enables you to be here, right now, in this universe to marvel their existence.

I'm a Christian myself. I just find your argumentation invalid.

Tell me this: why are they not arbitrary? What determines that a circle has to be 360 degrees. What determines that a day has to have 24 hours? What determines that an hour has to have 60 minutes? And so on. I see no reason that would mandate the necessity of these. Do you?

>mandate
dictate

Mathemagicks are satanic kike LARPing BS.

We didn't invent math. WE DISCOVERED IT.
youtube.com/watch?v=GnEWOYKgI4o

Attached: 1519697880912.jpg (690x759, 129K)

By that logic we invented nothing, just merely discovered.
The discovery of the dragon dildo. God has been proven.

That is irrelevant. I ask again. What determines that a circle has to be 360 degrees? What determines that a day has to have 24 hours? What determines that an hour has to have 60 minutes?

>a day has to have 24 hours
But that's only true on Earth!

Actually most of the times I encountered complex numbers being used in physics, in those situations you might as well have replaced it with a 2-Dimensional vector and be done with it.

As for the medieval thing, I'm guessing you're referring to Cardano's problem involving a cubic that seemed to have a solution but his formula failed. Bombelli's idea was that he treated complex numbers in the same way as real numbers so a multiplication was defined the same way as you would carry out multiplication of sums involving real numbers in brackets. This is all in the "human" domain.

If anyone is interested in learning about this stuff, Visual Complex Analysis by Needham is a pretty good book with pretty good theory as well as some problems.

But, something like the Pythagorean theorem for example seems universal. It holds in any number of dimensions as well.

Descartes used the term "imaginary" in a derogatory way. Gauss preferred the term "lateral". But yes, the standard term is complex.

It's called a convergent limit. What is there to explain?

If there was no designer (creator), there would be nothing. If you can help me get past that part, I can describe what I imagine may be different.

>which is the "divine" model?
the one that is corroborated by nature

Not so. Humans discovered electricity, then invented the power grid.

It's no less LARPing than all the "uncreated creator" nonsense regular Christcucks spout.

no you're an idiot.
mathematics is a language. A system that consists of the development, acquisition, maintenance and use of complex systems for communication and the formalization of ideas. Mathematics is very powerful language because the syntax of mathematics is capable of predicting real life results.

But this is not because mathematics is some intrinsic property of the universe- this is because of laborious work on behalf of mankind's mathematicians to make sure the language of mathematics works in a precise enough way to do so.

Virtually all mathematics that model real-life systems are inevitably approximations.
Mathematics is invented. You're just behaving in another woodoo meaning-assignment way to justify your desire for spirituality. But you have deluded yourself. Go actually study spiritual texts.

gud thread, have another bamp

Attached: 1463603058571.jpg (317x400, 33K)

All true and articulated to perfection.... kudos.....

Reminder that mathematics itself is the ultimate pill

Mathematicians:
>highest average IQ of all STEM professionals
>second highest rate in believing in God (behind physicians) among STEM professors

Attached: Georg_Cantor.jpg (534x700, 76K)

So, physics? What's amusing is that the 'discovery' argument applies readily to that field, but makes little sense in mathematics itself. Something like a physical constant is surely discovered - nobody sensible would claim to 'invent physics' - but for a discipline which revolves around abstraction, I don't really see how it would apply.

Note that I don't discount the concept of metaphysics altogether, but you can't discover something you're actively creating and manipulating. Models of abstraction are just that, which is why we can use numbers to represent pretty much whatever we want. For instance, you've provided i% of the answer I'm looking for, but your comment about electricity is on-point, so I'll take it instead.

math is an human creation

Isn't everything just a discovery?

Attached: 1530202678217.png (422x530, 53K)

is hate speech a discovery?

Truth: real numbers aren't real, they don't really exist.

You cannot prove me wrong unless you
(1) write down a real number (an actual value, not a strange representation of some abstract thought)
(2) give an algorithm for producing a real number

Good luck!

>but is that really more likely than a creator?

well, yes

It's an old problem, called Zeno's paradox. The mathematical answer is a convergent limit as the above poster said.

The "physics" answer might (a big might) be that space is not continuous, so at one point you may be 1 "unit" length away from your destination and dividing it in half is impossible. So you'd have to jump to that point anyways. I'm sure there's disagreement amongst physicists about this, though.

As I guessed. You are not here to discuss. You are here to disturb the thread by posting filth.

>(1) write down a real number (an actual value, not a strange representation of some abstract thought)

What I'm saying is regardless of whether we use base-10, binary, hex, whatever.... sanscrit, chinese, latin.....
2+2=4
the derrivative of a velocity curve at a point is representative of the rate of instantaneous acceleration at that point
etc.

These are things that are discovered, not invented. Notation is invention. Applications can be invented. But the pure truth in math is not a creation of man but God. You can manipulate math to invent things just like we manipulate the earth to invent things (steel, etc.) but in the end, we didn't invent either. They were always there, and we used them as a tool or resource.

this. How do you math niggers explain irrational numbers with respect to nature. Where am I going to find something that is exactly 3.141592.... to infinity. There's no such thing as infinity.

The old numeral systems used fingers and base 60. Not the decimal 0-9 we are using today.

The primality (property of a number to be a prime number) is the same in any base.

It isn't if you think about. The ratio of the circumference of a circle and it's diameter is pi. The problem is a *perfect* circle doesn't exist in reality.

think about it*.

Thank you

No, humans merely discovered the electricity grid. Just as they discovered numbers and invented addition and subtraction.
You make tall claims that are baseless. This is all just your opinion.

Math is a tool that is internally consistent and correlates to measurable reality as close as we can get right now
You cant proof math is the only way to describe reality or is the most precise way
Same way you cant proof that human logic is the only tool to describe phenomena or is it the most precise tool, its just the only one we have
In fact if there are systems which can correspond to reality better than logic and incorporates logic itself in them(since logic belong to humans and we belong to reality) than according to logic such a system is impossible to understand with logic, making it quite literally impossible for us to discover or understand unless we somehow expand our boundaries

>The problem is a *perfect* circle doesn't exist in reality.
Therefore, neither does pi. How can the measurable circumference of a circle (rational number) and the measurable diameter of it (also a rational number) produce an irrational number "pi"? Our number system is flawed and "real numbers" are at best an intermediate representation of something number-like, but they aren't actual numbers that you can make calculations with.

>t. kike

>i very much "real"
literally the mathematical antonym of "real"

I discovered your mom's vagina.

Velocity and acceleration are both physical variables. Where's the pure truth in 0^0=1?

It doesn't. Real life circles are only approximate circles. We take ideal cases to simplify things. The formula for the volume of a cube is s^3. But you can't find me a cube IRL whose volume obeys that formula with 100% precision. But for most use cases it works. I've only seen math as a tool and never as a subject of it's own, which is why I don't really care if it's perfect.

No. Math is a tool. We invented it. We write mathematical descriptions of reality, Math does not write us.

pi will always be an approximation. You can't transcribe it, by the definition of what "irrational" means

There are laws that govern our reality that math describes well. It is these laws, this inherent order, that implies design.

Isn't 0^0 indeterminate, I think?

humans attribute meaning to anything.

Math doesn't "exist". Its a tool invented by humans to try to understand the world.

Nature doesn't care about math, there's no hidden code behind it.

That was my point, space and time are discrete, while in math there are many infinities which don't translate into reality.