Do Australians, Canadians and New Zealanders use British spellings (colour, realise, traveller...

Do Australians, Canadians and New Zealanders use British spellings (colour, realise, traveller, axe) more often or American spellings (color, realize, traveler, ax) more often?

Attached: Anglospeak.png (2664x1468, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Northwest_English)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I assume they spell things correctly.

nerd !!

We use British spellings
Eg colour
Favourite

>axe
>ax

I have never heard of this difference.I have always spelled it axe.

they teach us the british spelling but i use the proper spelling of color and what not

Wow, really? I thought in America they wrote "ax". It says so here.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe

I like using gramme, metre, and litre.

Well I've noticed that Wikipedia doesn't always have the most accurate cultural depictions.

For example on the Wikipedia article about the "Pacific Northwest Dialect" which is where I'm from they have several words in here that I have never used or heard in my life. (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Northwest_English)

The only two from this list that I use or have even heard are "Spendy" and "Rig".

So really, probably the editors of Wikipedia probably say "Well, in the US some people spell it as "Ax" and they don't spell it like that anywhere else so we will put it as the "American Spelling". Just like these words in the PNW, even though they are rare they are probably rarely used anywhere else so it's a "PNW Word or Phrase".

Admittedly, though, I have seen it spelled as "Ax" but it's very rare in my observations.

Attached: pnw.png (1643x286, 65K)

It's a hybrid for me, imperial measurements are still somewhat common in Canada, I blame the faggots to the south

I also say degree when refering to the temperature as in it is 20 degrees outside.

Those southern faggots sound based and redpilled

Australia uses british spelling, but our spoken and written languages are almost completely different.

Since you are here. Do you ever get the desire to eat beef products? And have you ever had beef?

No and no. But my sister has eaten beef once in Germany.

Yeah I don't blame ya'll for not wanting to eat it. They are very sweet and intelligent animals but they just taste too damn good for me to stop lol.

>the spellingax is better on every ground, of etymology, phonology, and analogy, thanaxe, which became prevalent in the 19th century; but it ["ax"] is now disused in Britain".

Huh. Never knew ax was how it was supposed to be spelled the whole time. Thanks for expanding my mind indiabro

more often.

Mostly british but I know a few words are spelt the american way

British spelling. Though I’m noticing a change to American spelling over the years.

Also, stay in your own country. Don’t come to ours poo.

British spelling mostly