Bantese general

Do you speak bantese???

suggest new vocabulary or some grammar rules we should apply in bantese

link to the ressource doc : docs.google.com/document/d/1v4xW5lIPi6gWzoTi0XpEp4yE8h87IP4WARGtvs3uL6Q/edit

Attached: 1532801900572.jpg (480x391, 56K)

virus

This still going on?
I almost forgot about this.

well it kinda stopped lately but I still like the idea so I'm trying to push it

Tad autistic but who am I to judge, lole!!
I support this.

Attached: .png (750x1005, 715K)

k
I motion for "N" to mean and

you can’t just force shit without it having any strong origins. nobody will pick it up.
perhaps americans could be also called ‘assblasters’

Based moonburger

cap N or just a regular n?
good idea btw
a lot of languages nowadays appear in communities who develop their own vocabulary

Just regular.
I probably shouldn't have capitalized.

Also
>cap N

Attached: Captain N.jpg (640x480, 46K)

So are we still basing this on toki pona or are you just making up things on your own?

I don't know actually
I took the vocabulary from the previous toki pona threads, but maybe it would be easier to actually start from english since everyone knows it, but maybe we should still use toki pona, idk to be honest, what do o think?

First off, we should consider "why do we want to make bantese?". It can't be to facilitate clearer communication between people from different countries, because as you said we already all know English. Personally I think it should be the exact opposite - to create a layer of obscurity between those who are in on it and those who are not.

In my opinion basing it off English would ble completely useless, because it would just be "English plus a bunch of weird words" which is basically what writing on this board is already like. Your average normoid doesn't understand concepts like "dubs", "OP", "namefag", "2hu", meme names like Kot or Gondola, or the weird loan words like "kraut" or "desu", without getting every single one of those terms explained to them. It's already weird enough, we're just used to it.

It's better to make something truly unique and obscure. But maybe toki pona isn't the best way to start this project, because people would rather just jump straight to making up new funny words without actually learning the already existing toki pona words and guidelines.

i have a sort of similar idea, based on our differentiating ourselves from newfegs

>random post
>one user says 'that was a zebra of a post' or some stupid shit that doesnt make any sense
>bantelopes start losing their shit supposedly laughing
>newfeg is confused and has to ask wtf is this

pretty faggy but its an idea

I totally agree, and I don't want an english with weird words too
The point is I think the best way to make this happen is to have a slow transition, starting from english but then taking really weird words orders and finally completely dissociate from english - that's how new languages born actually

It might be more efficient than just throwing a super complex grammar in and hope people will instantely start using it
Although yeah we could base the grammar on something like toki pona idk

that's the whole point of making bantese

>cot

I'm looking for ideas for both verbs "be" and "have"

We probably wont conjugate verbs, but we'll have to find suffixes for past n future

Include rocks.

"rok o" means "kill yourself (with a rock)" already ^^
do you see other ways to include rock?

Also I thought about plural and I thought it'd be cool to, instea of useing the s suffix, use a prefix, "mo" for example
What do you think?

>"rok o" means "kill yourself (with a rock) already
Perfect

Also mo sounds like the ebonics version of more, like mo' hoes mo' problems
But a prefix for plurals doesn't sound too bad
My brain has too many rocks in it to learn the language but I may remember rok o

Attached: Dwarven_rock_cake_(cooled)_detail.png (247x200, 39K)

bump

2,d bump

bump before death

lasto bumpo

Your document is only one page lad

it's a work in progress

you can help by expanding it

How does it works, do we just make up words?

I like this idea.
If we learned our own language, that means no newfags could understand what we're saying, thus preserving true Jow Forums

gonna give this thread a bimp

Attached: 1478512640310.jpg (960x720, 109K)

Also, for the dialect, don't make single letters meaning words. It will get confusing, I think.

I really want to learn this and contribute. Could somebody list the current grammatical rules? The only one listed is how to make words plural. How do I conjugate verbs, and what is the sentence structure (noun-adjective-verb vs verb-noun-adjective, you get the idea), ect.?

Fuck off mate

I guess in the mean time I'll come up with some verbs, as well as bump the thread
Etin- To be, can also function as "is"
Avor- To have
Brat- To want
Toht- To think
To turn a verb into negative put the "-no" suffix on this end.
If we really want to mix things up perhaps the sentence structure could be "subject-adjective-verb-noun". So for example, "Komo etin opi.", which translates to "Op is gay" (which could be an expression that means "Op is a faggot" ). Another example could be "Niba toht o redpillo etin.", which means " You think anime is redpilled".

>kot (god)
>not fishe

for now we need new words and also some grammer rules
I'm still unsure about the structure, because beginning with the verb would actually cause confusion with questions
Maybe always end the sentences with the verbs, and using the same order as english with other words.

thanks for the verbs idea, and the suffix idea for the negation is cool, I think we'll use it like this
As I said for the structure I'm still unsure, maybe it'd be good to not modify it too much because it would be hard for complex sentences

I can add fishe too, suggest a meaning :)

Yeah, not modifying the sentence structure too much makes sense. So in that case I'll change my examples to fit the current grammatical rules.
"Opi komo etin" > "Op is a faggot"
"O niba toht redpillo etin" > "You think anime is redpilled"
And here's an extra one
"Wata waf etin" > " I don't have a waifu"

etino* my bad

that's good!
But for "You think anime is redpilled", since it has two verbes, I think we should put both of them at the end, the "think" being the one that links the subject and the rest, it would go at the end (kinda like in german, sorry if it's not clear)
So I'd say more like "O niba repillo etin toht"
Tell me if you think it's right

Also I'm trying to add simple rules so we can use the verbs in most of the cases, if any of them sound weird just tell me

Kot is God
Fishe is Jesus
umm but who is the holy spirit?

i think we should just ditch verb conjugations

Yeah, I think having both etin and toht at the end makes sense. It's just something to get used to.
I'll go ahead and suggest some more vocabulary.
"basto" - "to like"
"akad" - "to learn"
"des" - "this"
"new" - "that"
"swi" - "good"
"bit" - "bad"
Wata des linja basto. Swi etin!

"ney" - "that"
Woops

thanks, I'll add those

"Ebo swi etin" I'd say :p

Ah, having "ebo" as "it" makes more sense. In the mean time I'll come up with more sentences and people can help adjust and tweak them tomorrow match the grammar which people can use to study the language more.
>2018
>Bantese akadno
"Wata ney posto basto." - "I like that post."
"Ki waf etin? - "Who is your waifu?"
"Ney muto mopato etin!" - "That mutt is very fat!"

And tweak them to match* not sure why autocorrect made it say "tomorrow"

Just type everything they way me or one of my countrymen would say it. Seriously 'strayan sounds nothing like written english.

the second sentence misses the "your", I came up with a possessive rule that seems to work approximately fine, so it'd be "Ki mio waf etin?"

muto momomomomomopato !!!

Ah, forgot to put the "your". Thanks for the heads-up. Miwata bit (My bad).
Could somebody give an example for how to use "kamu?"

mi meli chino wawa suwi?
My wife Chino is so cute?

I posted some of these threads before and quit because I thought people didn't like it but I'll happily join in on this now

pic related was my symbol for bantese

Attached: bantish+toki pona.png (583x439, 26K)

Bumping for good measure

Nice I like learning languages
Even though it’s for fags

sorry I kinda got away from the toki pona idea

Yesterday wata ita chino kamu toht.

it's fine, the fact that it's alive is admirable in itself. I'll start looking into this more seriously later. I just hope that I don't get too autistic and try to overengineer a conlang if nobody else is in board. Baby steps!

Attached: 1531566211361.gif (500x281, 610K)

Interested and willing to learn
leggo

Attached: 1504654507674.png (350x376, 177K)

sto'dis'den.

More verbs, yay
Morne - to die (morne can also be used as an adjective that's means "dead", for example: "Ebo morne etin", "He/she/it is dead")
Hapu- to live
Goza- to look (at something, can also)
Gozo- to watch
Pere- to look (a certain way)
Burtu- to make
Krin- to hate
An example of some of the verbs,
"Wata gondo burtu."- I made a meme.
"Ebo kamu morne."- He/she/it died.
"Wata niba gozo basto."- I like to watch anime.
"Ebo swi pere etin!"- She is looking good!
"Ebo wata krin.."- He/she/it hates me..
Once we get a good number of verbs, adjectives, and nouns, Bantese can really take off!

I'll also come up with some more expressions/phrases and grammar
"Swicomro!"- Formal/polite greeting or welcoming. The "comro" comes from my just now proposed word, "comro", which means friend.
"Swiproget!"- Informal/rude greeting or welcoming (mostly used as banter/irony).
The prefix "pro-" is synonymous with the adjective suffix "-mo" (that is to amplify an adjective's meaning), however it implies a very aggressive tone. Think of it as the equivalent of "fucking ____". An example is "Ney muto propato etin!", translating to "That mutt is fucking fat!" as opposed to "Ney muto mopato etin!", which translates to "That mutt is very fat!"
"Iwan"- please
"Myma"- thank you
"Al"- on
"Ab"- below
"Ap"- beside
"An"- in

The prefix "pro-" is synonymous with the prefix "mo-"

Some komo flow