So what did Jow Forums think?

so what did Jow Forums think?

Attached: landscape-1534944531-disenchantment-netflix.jpg (980x490, 86K)

havent seen it yet

The jokes were extremely hit or miss
And the sound design was shit, especially in the first eps
Still has potential but they're gonna have to up their game
imho

Shit show

why though? I'm trying to figure out if I should bother with it

Literally who?

I'm in the mood for some Jow Forumser

I liked it
I didn't at first and some episodes were awful (the one where she becomes an executioner for some reason -- I mean God is Noel Fielding complete shit at everything outside of Mighty Boosh?)
But I got into the plot a bit toward the end. I think /tv/ said this is only the first half of the season so hopefully new ones drop fairly soon.

Didnt even warch episode to the end. Utter shit

This.

Rotten Tomatoes gives it 65% out of a critic aggregate of 66. Futurama has a 92.

futurama also has more than one season that have been out for more than a month

>a netflix """original"""
this is the shit they're removing shows you actually like for

Attached: 1484763440917.gif (331x240, 1.75M)

I watch all season. I'm waiting for the hentai.

Same.

just started it. it starts slow but seems like it's building a storyline more than trying to land joke after joke like Matt's other shows. I'd be interested to know what people outside the usa think

its shit

says a tripfaggot

Attached: ok_retard.jpg (160x160, 6K)

Needs more Eric André, thy hardly use huma at all. What a waste.

and noel fielding

I liked it. But I liked futurama so not surprised

Usually scores go down, not up. It’s prob not gonna get better.

dude bs. plenty of shows that go on to be good need a bit of time to settle in their characters and setting before they really get going

Attached: 1524864402557.jpg (252x200, 9K)

Netflix releases their shows all at once, your comment is irrelevant. Mark me, the tomatometer will not get better.

Attached: EC253763-89EE-4692-A9C9-318A28633788.jpg (700x627, 229K)

>what are seasons
BJH got rated meh-tier first half of the first season, then critics stopped watching
then it started gaining traction, they picked it up again and it consistently ran on 100% ratings
that being said I have a little less faith in this show in particular but I'm not giving up on it yet

I don't know what this is but why does it look like some weird bastard child of futurama and the simpsons?

implying rotten tomatoes has accurate rating systems

Fpbp

>implying

Attached: E7632145-F984-4703-AE13-1F1F46F4582D.png (1606x1606, 1016K)

someone's upset that there are people who realise rotten tomatoes is just as shit as imdb

Trash

They really milk the shit out of some of the jokes though. Like the show is funny at some point ( about an episode in, but the first episode is pretty good at setting the tone for the rest of the show) but they try to bring up gags from episode 2 in episode 8 and it didn’t work. There are funnier shows, it’s okay to gloss over this one.

Just watched the first two episodes. I liked it. It's not great, but it's fun

Exactly, 65% to a T

Attached: 72AF4AF0-2680-4127-87DA-932A5359A1E1.jpg (800x600, 365K)

IMDB’s ratings are from random, anonymous people on the internet—the transformer’s crowd. Rotten’s are from career critics who understand art and what makes a strong narrative. IMDB can be moderately useful for pieces too obscure to be on Rotten, other than that it’s not an effective gauge.

Attached: A97B0441-591D-42C2-9A45-3C1E9609D2B8.jpg (1000x2207, 491K)

I don't have netflix so don't care.

Gave it a chance with 5 episodes because I thought the attention to a plot and characters would pay off but it really doesn't. The characters flicker personalities repeatedly and moat of the voice actors feel like name wankery more than anything.
Although nearly every episode had a different director so I wonder if that's what causes there to be really frustrating inconsistencies with the characters. Which is a shame because if it had a more tighter direction it could work but instead it just becomes generally hit and miss. Don't think I'll finish it unless I'm in hospital again. Probably still one of the better animated shoes America has exported recently. (But that's like a polished turd in a sea of them with things like the police show. )

>Rotten’s are from career critics who understand art and what makes a strong narrative.
>career critics
lmao no

Care to elaborate on why I’m incorrect?

Attached: 965622ED-80A7-45F6-BA80-AB7D85CDAE60.jpg (3000x1968, 1.32M)

You're not, I'm incorrect. I was reading an article in the paper about how Rotten Tomatoes is changing the guidelines for their critics, but I tried to find the article online and rereading it actually still looks legit to me. I must've misread it this morning.

We’re all cool bruh. Glad to meet another user who understands the value of a well educated critic.

Attached: CBB819E8-743B-42BB-8703-4B60738B3A85.jpg (1888x1337, 840K)

I want to fuck that demon thing

Shit just like futurama, it seems groening made a fluke with the simpsons he cant replicate.

Attached: 1519357428258.jpg (1000x1000, 57K)

Yikes: the show

its fucking trash

why

overarching plot that isn't spoiled by being the opener to the first episode. sound quality is fine, lack of constant background noise is fine for non autists. looks like classic Matt animation style. personal demon gives no fucks, sent by any evil cult bent on destroying dreamland through corrupting bean. beans mother is a filthy traitor whose also bent on destroying dreamland. elfo and the elves are literally the happy little elves from early Simpsons. king zog is classic dumb king. chazz is awesome. they rag on pc culture and gender fluidity. pretty solid show

>Bean is somewhat "erratic" and unlikeable
>Elfo almost make a season all about him
>Luci barely or dindu fuckshit
>Pointless eps under the guise of world building except last 3 eps
>Wasted opportunity or characters (see pendergast or lizard queeng)

Attached: [AnimeRG] My Hero Academia - 41 [1080p] [Dual-Audio] [x265] [pseudo].mkv_snapshot_18.07_[2018.08.09_ (1920x1080, 830K)

i don't get what you mean by elfo, he's literally plot device for most of the season. are you tying to say that plot device shouldn't move the plot?

>Still has potential but they're gonna have to up their game
I agree, I've seen a lot of people hating on it but, it's not terrible. I was disappointed by it bc I was expecting more and there seems to be a lot of potential.

is futurama not well liked?
I liked it better than the Simpsons.

it is beloved. this guys just being a contrarian douche

The Simpsons kinda sucked until a bit later on

You shouldn't need to write in a plot device
Futurama got kinda bad half way through the show and then bounced back

elfo is from episode one