What if we put a bunch of solar panels in the sahara desert?

what if we put a bunch of solar panels in the sahara desert?

Attached: loli with question mark 5.jpg (853x480, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/41995-how-do-solar-panels-work.html
solartechdirect.com/products/axitec-350w-monocrystalline-solar-panel-silver-frame?variant=12155050393713&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw_b3cBRByEiwAdG8WqsT1b5TNGlpPr4ys0rtE8NySLkq3n76xw49TWT5ChkwU3aX2iY-G7xoCTRQQAvD_BwE
tandem-solar-systems.com/buy-solar-products/enphase-iq6-micro-inverter/?gclid=CjwKCAjw_b3cBRByEiwAdG8Wqp2_SEhCE77FGfE9mZgytKO0mRFCHffVDFMDMCH_BSOt-xpmrmDtHBoCZMIQAvD_BwE
homedepot.com/p/Power-Bright-12-Volt-DC-to-AC-6000-Watt-Power-Inverter-PW6000-12/202539677?MERCH=REC-_-rv_gm_pip_rr-_-205495636-_-202539677-_-N
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i don't want the crocodiles to evolve with the technology and become cyborgs

what if we just deleted bant?

Attached: 1535844922738.png (1229x1318, 341K)

Maghreb economy is based on oil, why would they do this?

DESERT STORM

What if we nuke New Zealand?

You can't they're a nuclear free zone.

my wife chino is so cute

what if we did this in the mojave

don't do this

I wonder if it's hard to transport/store energy long distances? Because I know Arizona has a lot of solar panels, and it seems like they should be in the Mojave then, but idk if there's much people living out there.

I imagine it's difficult to transport through wires for extremely long distances if only because of environmental troubles, like squirrels chewing wires or something (although that might not be the problem out there) but I'm not an electrical engineer or anything so IDK

what if we put you in the sahara desert

Attached: DYgCYATU0AAbCDG.jpg (650x780, 45K)

Too much energy loss on transfer, too hard too build, need infrastructure to support, and there isn't one. And solar is a meme of course.

this

Wind turbines would work better

what if we put wind turbines in a tornado?

Attached: anime girl with question mark 4.png (722x768, 310K)

What if we made sun-proof solar panels?

I don't think the Sahara desert has any tornadoes, but for about 4 or 5 mouths of the the Sahara is constantly pelted with dust storm that block out the sun, this is cause by strong winds blowing towards the Atlantic ocean. You'ld be surprised how wind the Saharan desert can be.

what of we put microscopic solar panels in peoples sunblock?

Attached: loli thinking 6.jpg (650x926, 83K)

>Romania

Attached: 1508171361371.png (1594x710, 73K)

>>Romania

So that way of the oil runs out they can the power OF THE SUN

oh you're pretty smart but

-not cost effective
-bandits and consequently
-security(how much money would someone need to pay you to be a security guard in a desert)

But thank you for thinking

They actually exist, solar panels work like shit with moderate heat so now they made a material capable of turning solar IR radiation into cold. Now they can built solar panels that work under 20°C when the external temperature is about 40°C and beyond.
But, like always, the jews overprice the costs of materials, and also in some countries like Spain you must do A LOT OF PAPER PUSHING BULLSHIT to buy a simple 100W 12v kit, but even with that you are going to lose money.

Attached: 1532083850011.jpg (626x640, 164K)

this as well

If i ever find a way to make solar panels i'm gonna fukkin

whoa
just calm down man

sand people would steal them
sand storms would break them
maintenance people would get jihad'd
welcome to the real world dickhead

Don’t steal the suns energy we need it to grow plants

what if we established a UN protected zone around them

Attached: anime girl with question mark 2.png (667x540, 300K)

that is a myth to trick us
if the sun's energy grows plants then how come theres no plants on the sun hmmm?

>UN troops
kek

you my friend are a Negative Nelly
i didnt want to say it but you left me no other choice

Attached: upset anime girl 4.png (550x720, 471K)

What if we made moon panels?

who me?
I don't believe you

Attached: 1517746074878.jpg (797x602, 70K)

The moon reflects sunlight so they'd still just be solar panels

Attached: 1480494486084.jpg (514x388, 30K)

what if we made solar flare panels and got Tien to stand in front of them?

Attached: door guy.png (480x539, 369K)

With the long power lines required to transmit it most of it would be lost as heat. That and the upkeep would be an absolute nightmare.
>having to service 200 miles of cable
No thanks. Beyond all that it would require a massive amount of infrastructure with multiple waystations just to extend the range of transmission.
t. lightning wizard

what if we put geothermal energy stations in active volcanos?

Attached: loli with question mark 2.png (404x404, 118K)

The sand would cover the solar panels and they'd have to be constantly cleaned. With water. The sand would also damage them heavily. Not to mention it would cost hundreds of millions or even billions of dollars to make them in the first place, and it's in no one's best interest to. At least, no one with enough money.

who would want the job of building that?

me

Attached: >~< loli.jpg (777x589, 68K)

Solar person here. Ask your questions and I will do my best to answer. I've mostly worked in operations

Attached: Kongou.(Kantai.Collection).full.1716588.jpg (990x1320, 438K)

how do solar panlels work?

Attached: anime girl with question mark 1.png (756x715, 889K)

if it erupted while building you would be incinerated
ask for hazard pay

you ask them very nicely

Attached: 1520211740713.png (200x200, 55K)

Solar panels are generally made using silicate crystals that we can grow in labs. We take that silicate and slice it into wafers that then go into the solar panel itself. They work by having particles of solar radiation hit them. When the particle hits the panel, it knocks off electrons from the silicate which is then transferred into energy which is then sent to your home or the utility grid. (as a more simplified explanation.)

Attached: 1513674128418.jpg (600x800, 165K)

ok

Attached: dragon hood anime girl.jpg (800x1008, 154K)

oh wow

oh wow
so is it the heat™ or the light™ which maeks them work?

Attached: wow loli.jpg (1125x638, 59K)

A solar panel works by allowing photons, or particles of light, to knock electrons free from atoms, generating a flow of electricity. Solar panels actually comprise many, smaller units called photovoltaic cells. (Photovoltaic simply means they convert sunlight into electricity.)

Attached: 1527744520805.png (300x300, 42K)

It's the photons form light. But that doesn't mean that seeing light on a panel means it's working. Any amount of shade disrupts the panel's ability to produce energy, and I mean in a BIG way.

Attached: download.jpg (222x227, 12K)

t. wikipedia scientists

Attached: 1524573909893.jpg (250x234, 18K)

I actually work in solar though. I've designed the systems in CAD, done site surveys, even tried to sell for a short time.

Attached: Kongou.(Kantai.Collection).full.1620373.jpg (640x640, 140K)

livescience.com/41995-how-do-solar-panels-work.html

wow very impressive

so why are satlelites not solar powered?

Attached: amazed loli.jpg (1024x1023, 72K)

nice

Unfortunately much of the equipment needs to stay cool in order to prevent malfunctions, electrical transfer to heat and cut down on resistance. Much of the equipment would need extreme amounts of insulation the likes of which would be incredibly hard to service and has never been seen before. Lastly nobody would want to service any of the equipment as you'd need more than just pure rubber gloves.
Keep em coming.

Aren't they though? They have solar cells that extend out from them to keep them powered don't they?

I dont know i just asked

Attached: blank expression loli 1.png (298x390, 157K)

I wonder what would happen if I lewd this kongou....

Attached: kongou lewd.jpg (424x600, 56K)

I read somewhere that scientists made small controlled tornados in labs
why dont we put wind turbines inside a controlled tornado?

You get a 14" gun to your head, you hooker. but at least you're correct about For satellites it's fine, I believe, because they don't have to keep propel themselves once they've reached a lagrange point.

Attached: Kongo Aint Happy_zpsxonfwocu.jpg (670x499, 43K)

do not

Attached: lewd 1.jpg (596x449, 77K)

why dot we invent a way to harness the energy from tectonic plate movements?
we already have water, fire and air so it makes sense we use earth energy as well
and because of the shear scale of them, having enough energy to cause earthquakes and move continents, I assume we would be able to harness massive amounts of power

Attached: loli with question mark 3.png (620x640, 260K)

How would you even do that though? the plates move incredibly slowly and the only noticeable release of energy they produce is earthquakes. I dunno about you, but I highly doubt it's possible to efficiently and safely harness the energy release during an earth quake.

Attached: Kongou.jpg (480x578, 43K)

I would get a lot of smart people to figure it out and give them money so they can do it

Attached: >u< anime girl.jpg (760x720, 215K)

Wind turbines don't operate on solely the amount of wind they also take into account for air currents. In fact theres been a new resurgence of wind based energy with research into water currents and fish. We try to mimic nature in the way wind turbines are arranged to make them more like rocks in streams so the air naturally flows around it instead of interfering with the natural flow. A tornado even on a controlled scale would cause the turbine to essentially rip itself apart because the actual wingy parts (I don't know what they're called I don't service turbines) would wobble too much and snap. They may be large pieces of equipment but they need to be done a certain way. A controlled tornado would also require more energy to create than a wind turbine could output. It's in the same realm as fusion energy being more costly to get up and running than it will produce. Lastly servicing said turbine would be an absolute nightmare as one would have to get past the tornado or shut it off which is kinda like turning off a light bulb. You see with certain bulbs (florescent) it requires more energy to get it up and working than just turning it on to keep it on. The same thing would happen with the tornado and turbine idea. The equipment you'd need to make the tornado coupled with the expensive materials needed to create a wind turbine that could withstand that amount of force wouldn't be worth it. The whole thing would be a giant gov. boondoggle at best.
Next question please.
>gently lewds Kongous shoulders
OwO
Just making sure it was you kitchen.
I didn't know you worked in solar. You said you're mostly in operations. What does your job entail? I've installed many solar systems in my time.

Attached: Kongou+is+not+daijoobu.jpg (1200x826, 178K)

As cute as that is, I don't know if that really is going to work. But it's an interesting idea for sure though the biggest problem with it is figuring out how to predict earthquakes before they happen so we can properly capitalize on the energy produced, assuming we even get to that part.

Attached: 1513675453482.jpg (640x640, 193K)

how come we can not harvest sand for energy yet?
we have a lot of it and its just sitting there doing nothing, it doesnt even contribute like the rest of the environment like grass and trees and stuff

Attached: anime girl with question mark 3.png (314x278, 124K)

That's Haruna in that chair, Kongou's younger sister but definitely a cutie.

Currently my job is building out proposal estimates for sales reps to present to potential customers. I've done pretty much everything though when it comes to operations. I have not installed though, that's one of the few things left to do, but I doubt I'll want to do it.

i thought some countries had early earthquake warning systems in place?
im pretty sure Japan does

Attached: anime girl twiddling fingers.gif (728x720, 550K)

how much does it cost for a solar flare panlel?

Attached: loli eating the cake.jpg (1053x1063, 332K)

As far as I'm aware, there isn't much in the way of preemptive detection of an earthquake though, apparently there is a device that is said to detect the early signs of the earthquake. Otherwise, everything I've hard of on the subject is just detecting where the origin is and measuring the size of it. I may be wrong about early detection though.
A solar flare would completely fry the panel, at least with the technology we have now. You'd have to find a way to protect the panel from such an event.

Attached: 1513841284716.jpg (723x1024, 161K)

Because unfortunately sand doesn't contain any energy unlike coal or oil that have a very nice burn ratio to power machines that can spin turbines. If there was a way to energize sand like we do with water power plants then we could. It doesn't burn well, it doesn't move and it generally doesn't conduct much heat. Sure it gets hot but not nearly hot enough to power anything. The current use for sand is making glass and in fact there's a whole sand black market because we're running out of clean sand to use for glass (look it up). Now if we could modify a wind turbine to use the sand to help propel it in the sahara desert then we could possibly use it to create small amounts of power but again it goes back to the whole solar panels thing of service, loss of current and equipment failure.
Another option would be to pump it like water through a turbine but this would cause too many problems as the sand would get into all the equipment and cause it to malfunction making it a nightmare.
Next question please. Thank you.
Well i don't know I don't even know what game she's from nor do I really care. Seems like some weeb shit :P
>Currently my job is building out proposal estimates for sales reps to present to potential customers.
No offense kitchen but that sounds boring as shit. Sitting around all day telling fools where to go and who to sell to. You're one of those niggers I wish I could meet so I could slap the shit out of them and tell them to quit sending people to my house to pester me. Unless you guys don't canvass.
>I doubt I'll want to do it.
You're missing out really. It's fun as shit and you get to meet really nice homeowners and on occasion you meet the lonely desperate housewife OwO but that's kind of a rarity. You also get to be working with your hands which just makes the time fly by.
Do you enjoy doing what you're doing currently?

Attached: kongou 2.jpg (891x574, 45K)

how much does a solarrrr panelell cost do I have enough money in my bank account for 1?

Attached: loli pressed against glass.jpg (437x471, 15K)

woah now, I have never once told a sales rep where to go. Especially since my company is purely ops. Sales reps find potential buyers then ask us to install it. What I do is take the information they give us and create a simple estimate based on their yearly usage.

I don't plan on installing because the idea of climbing up a ladder carrying something somewhat heavy is absolutely terrifying to me.

how to get moon energy
yes thank you

Attached: loli thinking 3.png (544x638, 619K)

Sand and especially sandstorms would wear them down quickly
Maintenance cost would be through the roof

Uh....it depends on the type and wattage of the panel, how many panels you want, as well as the inverter that would be needed for the system. The smallest residential system that my company will install is 8 panels and usually we use 280 watt panels. This would come out to about 6,000 USD as a rough estimate and with an incredibly low install cost, so cutting out sales people.

wow
I dont have that much!

Attached: anime girl poking her tongue out.jpg (480x360, 28K)

Most people take out loans in order to get solar because they feel it will save them money, which it can in the very long run. It's honestly not the best thing to go with unless your utility bills are through the roof.

Oh so you're more like the Jew that overcharges people for installation and the panels when they could just install them themselves after buying them from a reputable distributor. What's the average estimate for a 1/4 acre or do you base it off something else?
> the idea of climbing up a ladder carrying something somewhat heavy is absolutely terrifying to me
Your guys don't actually do this right? R-right? We usually use pullies or a short angled conveyor belt to get them up there. I'd never have a guy climb up a ladder with a solar panel in hand. He needs BOTH HANDS to climb the ladder (not that I haven't done something like this before....shut up we're safe!).
>that face kitchen makes when I put him on a 60ft ladder to change a light bulb :3
Okay so I'm not assuming you mean how to turn moonlight into energy. If you are then well I have bad news for you you're kinda....well dumb. The best bet for making the moon a renewable energy source is making use of helium-3 in fusion energy. Unfortunately fusion is kind of a pipe dream of getting more energy out than you put in. It's why we have had such a problem doing it.
Good question though thank you for asking.
Next question please.

Attached: 1493287376959.jpg (372x268, 11K)

>6 grand PLUS installation for 8 280 watt panels
Jesus fucking christ I could get a kit for the same price and install it ma damn self.
Fuck Kitchen how can you do this to people?
What is your "incredibly low install cost"?
>inb4 x000

Attached: 1494213909541.jpg (666x632, 61K)

why dont we use bad greenhouse gasses to generate energy, that way we get rid of polluted air and get energy

Attached: loli thinking 2.png (451x619, 429K)

>Oh so you're more like the Jew that overcharges people
While you could see it that way, we actually aren't. My company has a base line price we enforce depending on each area. For example, we can say that to install in Utah and to break even we would install at $2.50/watt and we are looking at a small 4kW system. That means the total cost we would charge for the system would be $10,000. We may then say that we want to make a small amount out of it so we add on a small bit more. So lets say we want to make $1,000 off of the system, we will charge $2.75 for that same 4kW system. That's what my company will do. The problem is when you factor in the sales rep. They get to chose the price as they are the ones selling the system but, instead of finding the best deal for the customer, some sales reps will charge out the ass. So instead of charging maybe $3.50/watt for a $14,000 system, they charge $5.00/watt instead for a $20,000 system.

Often times a sales partner will drop a customer just because they don't find it lucrative. my company will then go to that customer and say hey, we were working with you and saw that contact stopped. We can install you for much cheaper than you were looking at before. We then proceed to install closer to that $2.75/watt instead.

The numbers given are all just placeholders of course. I don't know our exact costs but they aren't far off from what I gave.

Attached: ubJf13t.jpg (680x960, 148K)

That was $6,000 for the entire installation. Equipment and labor. That also comes with a small system adder of $1000 because lets be fair, if you only need a system that small then solar probably isn't for you.

browser, background, font name and many more

What if we but a tornado inside your butthole?

You're a straight up jew kitchen! How can you do this to people?! I can literally buy the parts for HALF that, install it myself and have a 6kW system. Don't believe me?
>Axitec 350W Monocrystalline Solar Panel X8 $2000
solartechdirect.com/products/axitec-350w-monocrystalline-solar-panel-silver-frame?variant=12155050393713&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw_b3cBRByEiwAdG8WqsT1b5TNGlpPr4ys0rtE8NySLkq3n76xw49TWT5ChkwU3aX2iY-G7xoCTRQQAvD_BwE
>Enphase IQ6+ Micro Inverter X8 $952
tandem-solar-systems.com/buy-solar-products/enphase-iq6-micro-inverter/?gclid=CjwKCAjw_b3cBRByEiwAdG8Wqp2_SEhCE77FGfE9mZgytKO0mRFCHffVDFMDMCH_BSOt-xpmrmDtHBoCZMIQAvD_BwE
>12 Volt DC to AC 6000-Watt Power Inverter
homedepot.com/p/Power-Bright-12-Volt-DC-to-AC-6000-Watt-Power-Inverter-PW6000-12/202539677?MERCH=REC-_-rv_gm_pip_rr-_-205495636-_-202539677-_-N

YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUSLY CHARGING THIS MUCH??!! Oh my god Kitchen this is straight up highway robbery. No wonder people don't buy solar panels because your sales reps and companies Jew them out of 3x's the cost of what they could be doing themselves. Holy fuck man I've never been so mad at anything in my life. HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO PEOPLE?!
Kitchen I thought you were a good person too ;__;
No wonder you can buy niggas games and shit. Dude seriously quit your job and come install solar with me. You'll make less money but at least you can say you're making an honest living.
Fuck dude just........JUST!
Even if I need slightly more equipment there's no way it's gonna be another 3-7k I can guarantee it. Oh and installation. Fucking free because I already have a ladder, mounting brackets, tons of wire and all the tools I'd possibly need ever forever EVER. I HAVE A MOTHERFUCKING HILTI GUN AND I DON'T EVEN DO FRAMING WORK! I AM A BOOMER RAAAAAAAAAA!
X____X
Same reason as fusion. Energy in energy out.
Next question please.

Attached: shock.gif (500x307, 652K)

>I don't know our exact costs
Please keep the above statement in mind. I was using place hold numbers. I don't know the exact costs I just know what sales reps request. I do know we often go out of our way to provide a cheap system to a customer who wants to go solar but their sales rep fucked them.

I can do this because I am not controlling costs. I do not have any say in them and am purely working an hourly job that pays decent, at $15 an hour currently. I do not feel bad because there is no reason to feel bad. I think the sales groups we work with are far too greedy at times but there is also the need to make money.

In all reality though, I want out of solar. I'm sick of this industry and think it's not worth the effort currently. I'd much rather find something else I can do but there isn't much that is willing to pay me as well since the majority of my experience is in solar.

>I just know what sales reps request
>I do not have any say in them and am purely working an hourly job
Okay kitchen you get off the hook now. Even my math was a little bad and I'd need 20 of those 350w panels to get a 6kW system which comes out to 5k in panels alone. Still for 250 bucks a pop they're a steal. I can see why you would want out now the whole area seems to be just a cash cow. If you can charge 10k for a 4kW system and that's the low end then people deserve whatever happens to them because holy shit. Fuck I could outfit an RV with solar panels and get a good 1.5-2.5kW system going. Can't assume an RV with a TV, computer and maybe some small appliances would pull that much.....hmmmm I might have a new project. Gotta find a junker RV though....
>there isn't much that is willing to pay me as well since the majority of my experience is in solar
Your experience is in operations and you could probably go out for an Ops Manager position if you really tried. Don't think of it being in solar boil your job down to ALL the relevant skills.
Get out soon man because shit's fucked.
I've gotta go now the wifey wants to watch the new episode of The Venture Bros and I do too.
Was nice talking with you though. Give your regards to your Kongou dakimura for me :3
>Pic semi related not really you're just doing your job like a good goy

Attached: 1509716817409.png (540x540, 264K)

Take care. Enjoy the show. And I don't have a daki of Kongou. Don't think I could live with myself if I did.

can you harvest energy from snow/ice?

Attached: loli thinking 5.jpg (640x775, 106K)

only cirno has that kind of power

You can use it for passive cooling of your giant bitcoin mining operation.

Why is this humongous fucking faggot autistic mutt popping up like a fucking cockroach in every single thread sperging about shit he doesn't know shit from Shinola?

Attached: Ghost_Stories.jpg (500x375, 36K)

>kerdasi amaq .....