What is it about the music you listen to that draws you to it? Is it the overall sound, the lyrics, or what...

What is it about the music you listen to that draws you to it? Is it the overall sound, the lyrics, or what? Why do you like what you listen to?

Pic unrelated

Attached: California_Gull_m17-30-124_l.jpg (1024x820, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_oOk15PI6aA&t=63s
youtube.com/watch?v=y9hh91-2iaA
youtube.com/watch?v=R9iFnPfIM-8&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=F9hagVL-__c&list=RDbWOOV4Fjd00&index=6
youtube.com/watch?v=hId34I6hOQg&list=RDbWOOV4Fjd00&index=12
youtube.com/watch?v=B3Xn2MTFheY
youtube.com/watch?v=zoass6XxJwk
youtube.com/watch?v=9ayYeLLT8bs&list=RDbWOOV4Fjd00&index=10
youtube.com/watch?v=xVJssSV9LF8
youtube.com/watch?v=qESppGoNvA8
youtube.com/watch?v=sZ6vBygZzo8
youtube.com/watch?v=RM73er53inA
youtube.com/watch?v=nO6sjWnc1rs
youtube.com/watch?v=b4E4IlgNKEA&index=4&list=PL396EE561D46A0D2B
youtube.com/watch?v=vVy9Lgpg1m8
youtube.com/watch?v=7trRQX0XP9k
youtube.com/watch?v=4OeTOS2VBVw
youtube.com/watch?v=k78P4IV7M_M
youtube.com/watch?v=xctheD1Rt8k
youtube.com/watch?v=xpO5Emp10DY
youtube.com/watch?v=MPsNhVCh8a8
youtube.com/watch?v=X4E50EJkaS4
youtube.com/watch?v=yz2ykckmHwc
youtube.com/watch?v=CqecMLUTg9g
youtu.be/8CIfudW67zs
youtube.com/watch?v=3Vp_IYXkhww
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sound and it depends on my mood.

Do you have a fairly set type of music you listen to or does your taste pretty broad?

Heavy classical orchestra
youtube.com/watch?v=_oOk15PI6aA&t=63s
youtube.com/watch?v=y9hh91-2iaA
youtube.com/watch?v=R9iFnPfIM-8&t=3s

Attached: gabriel___last_man_standing_by_superneoon-d71rq4u.jpg (1024x750, 134K)

the sound, usually

So you only listen to that type of music and don't expand much beyond it?

I also ask to you

>So you only listen to that type of music and don't expand much beyond it?
You clearly don't know me

Attached: 9a1IAEKi_400x400.jpg (400x400, 22K)

I know you well enough I just don't pay attention to your musical tastes. I always focus on my own and how no one seems to like my tastes. So I'm curious about why others like what they like.

Attached: f75783ee48439999aeb38d64793fe770--kancolle.jpg (236x283, 19K)

It's very broad I like almost any type of music

I don't care about lyrics, and more often than not find that vocals detract from the music for me.

So you tend to aim for anything that sounds good to you regardless of genre or theme?

Would you say you're into stuff like post rock and such? Or are you like Shit Post and look more for orchestral music?

ok good night

Tell me about your musical tastes dammit!

No

youtube.com/watch?v=F9hagVL-__c&list=RDbWOOV4Fjd00&index=6

Attached: 4a363f88fdcce15293e30ce4611fc251-700.jpg (1120x700, 142K)

I'm going to take this as you very much like music that has a full sound and emotionally expresses itself.

Yeah

youtube.com/watch?v=hId34I6hOQg&list=RDbWOOV4Fjd00&index=12

Attached: blade runner.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

>Would you say you're into stuff like post rock and such? Or are you like Shit Post and look more for orchestral music?
If Toe is post rock, then I guess I like post rock.
I like ambient, solo pianists, and organists. I like laid back orchestral music like Air on G string.

What is your opinion of more popular music types such as pop, hip hop, metal and other such things?

Could you link a song from Toe?

youtube.com/watch?v=B3Xn2MTFheY

>pop, hip hop, metal and other such things?
Meh, when it's good it's good. But all lot of them seem so generic.
youtube.com/watch?v=zoass6XxJwk
youtube.com/watch?v=9ayYeLLT8bs&list=RDbWOOV4Fjd00&index=10

That's pretty damn good. I think it could fall into the post rock bracket as it seems genre is more about the instrumentals over everything else.

I have to agree and it's part of why I'm looking to see what others on here might like. I've started to get sick of listening to the same sound over and over and kind of want to broaden my horizons a bit.
I've also listened to that first song a ton. That entire album by Archives is pretty good.

>What is it about the music you listen to that draws you to it?
A mixture of nostalgia for a time long since passed of emo girls with painted hair, daddy issues and the most beautifully fucked up minds and a feeling that this music was made for people like me. I know that sounds pretentious but I've never connected more with the style of music that mixes punk of the era with kind of a beach boys sound. Couple that with lyrics talking about love, loss and moving on you've got me hooked.
>Is it the overall sound, the lyrics, or what?
Mostly the lyrics. Too many people that make music are talking about shit nobody can relate to or that doesn't matter. Everyone can jive to the tune of losing that special someone or real life shit you had to move past to make yourself stronger (EDGY M8!) but too few make that anymore without sounding like absolute garbage. I wish someone would just make pop-metal already in a language we can understand. Heavy rifts with smooth lyrics talking about love would be amazing. Sound is very important too. If the sound drowns out the lyrics instead of complimenting it then it's garbage (like most metal).
>Why do you like what you listen to?
Considering I dick ride Tom Delonge really hard I'd say his godly voice. Every time I hear him I can instantly pick him out. He's got such a unique voice, sound and lyrics it's hard not to dig on it. I like what I like for the message it puts in my head. Sometimes I create music videos in my head and nothing has sparked me more than Toms work. If I had the chance I'd let him fuck my throat, bend me over anything and literally drink his cum from a 2 liter bottle.
Samples of what I'm into and what they spark for me.
>youtube.com/watch?v=xVJssSV9LF8
>the invasion of north america starting in california with the entire west coast being bombed
>youtube.com/watch?v=qESppGoNvA8
Cont.
>I know that's you kitchen

Attached: tom fucking my tender boi pucci.gif (480x335, 413K)

>Tom walking into a town to give the order to unleash the sounds of 100 artillery pieces on the surrounding area while the townspeople revel and party in the town square
>youtube.com/watch?v=sZ6vBygZzo8
>A man saving his friends from impending doom of an overwhelming force by going completely batshit insane with eyes filled with crazy (edgy I know)
>youtube.com/watch?v=RM73er53inA
>Literally my song for bant
>youtube.com/watch?v=nO6sjWnc1rs
>A couple holding each other huddled in their home before the nukes come crashing down and the man describing what he sees in the future
>youtube.com/watch?v=b4E4IlgNKEA&index=4&list=PL396EE561D46A0D2B
>sample
>youtube.com/watch?v=vVy9Lgpg1m8
>Sample
Blah whatever you get it.
>youtube.com/watch?v=7trRQX0XP9k
>youtube.com/watch?v=4OeTOS2VBVw
>youtube.com/watch?v=k78P4IV7M_M

Attached: look at this homo motherfucker.gif (320x180, 1.01M)

>I know that's you kitchen
Did you know it was me before the Kongou or after?
You also happen to have found the one man I'd go gay for. I adore Tom and the music he has made. I've listened to the music he's put out since I was a young, impressionable child. He's probably shaped my taste in music more than anyone else with Mark Hopus as a close second due to their ties. By far my favorite album from Tom is Boxcar Racer, just to put that out there.
Since your tastes seem to be somewhat similar to mine, I wanna have you check out a song or two and let me know what you think to see if it fits that more pop-metal vibe you requested.
youtube.com/watch?v=xctheD1Rt8k

>Did you know it was me before the Kongou or after?
Before. I can sense you. Your posting style is very formal and polite one of the few around here. The Kongou just confirmed it.
>You also happen to have found the one man I'd go gay for. I adore Tom and the music he has made.
K-kitchen.....
>I've listened to the music he's put out since I was a young, impressionable child
....k-k-k-kitchen.....
>He's probably shaped my taste in music more than anyone else
....k-k-k-k-k-kitchen......
>By far my favorite album from Tom is Boxcar Racer
KITCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!! WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME?! JUST WHEN I WAS OVER YOU I FIND OUT WE WANT TO FUCK THE SAME DUDE! THAT WE LISTENED TO HIM AT THE SAME TIME JUST WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE WHEN WE COULD'VE BEEN LISTENING TO IT TOGETHER!
Just.....fuck man.....UwU
>I wanna have you check out a song or two and let me know what you think to see if it fits that more pop-metal vibe you requested
Lay the next one on me because that sounds more like pomo. screamo or hardcore. Not really my thing. It's not smooth enough.
This is what I'm looking for mostly.
>youtube.com/watch?v=xpO5Emp10DY
Stick it out to the end for "I miss you". It sounds fucking epic and sad like it should.

Attached: oh my......gif (480x312, 899K)

>Stick it out to the end for "I miss you". It sounds fucking epic and sad like it should.
Fuck, now I want this too. I'm not sure if I know anything that comes close to that. The band I linked before was more funk and metalcore than anything, at least with their other stuff.

We couldn't listen to them together because we didn't know each other then, silly. That's how life goes but life is kind enough to bring us together still.

To also put this out there, this song gives my heart an erection for this reason
>If that field nearby
>Was still there to be used
>Would you ever have known?
>Those words were for you
youtube.com/watch?v=MPsNhVCh8a8

>Fuck, now I want this too.
I know right? You hear the epic riffs and scour Youtube for someone who has done it well but NO it's not there and it's so depressing. You just want Tom to hookup with the makers of that video to make an epic pop-metal song. They wrote a pop song in 24 hours and it was better than most the music I hear on the radio. Check it out.
youtube.com/watch?v=X4E50EJkaS4
>We couldn't listen to them together because we didn't know each other then, silly.
I.....
>That's how life goes but life is kind enough to bring us together still.
K-kitchen.....
>this song gives my heart an erection for this reason
>from We Don't Have to Whisper the most underwhelming album
>Distraction
>one of his more obscure songs
>he even knows the lyrics
>and has his favorite part
>There's a field nearby
>With words written in stone
>My love will not die
>Please let be known
>If that field nearby
>Was still there to be used
>Would you ever have known?
>Those words were for you
>I'll be, I'll be yours
K.....kitchen I don't mean to be gay b-but.....c-can we just sit in a pitch black r-room listening to this song or just Toms music while I....while I....while I j-j-jerk you off????? You don't have to talk to me or look at me after j-just.....just....please???
>And I don't know
>And I can't guess it's gonna be okay but now
>My last wish is that you do this with me
>Kiss me here, and hold my hand
>Let me feel like I'm the only one
>I know you can
>Won't you do if for me now
youtube.com/watch?v=yz2ykckmHwc

Attached: 7eaadf63c60541d2aa3e172837575ec8.gif (500x496, 236K)

Yeah usually.

>Using cute vampire girl to express you wanting to jack me off.
The song was good though. As for your request...
>can we just sit in a pitch black room
Yes we can
>Listening to Tom Delonge
Why of course, I'd love to
>While I jerk you off?
I'll pretend you didn't include that part.

And what do you mean We Don't Need to Whisper is underwhelming? That is by far my favorite Angels and Airwaves album. While I adore Tom's work, We Don't Need to Whisper captures most what I loved about his music in the first place.It's the closest to a spiritual successor for Boxcar Racer.

Attached: afsdfasdfdsa.jpg (286x176, 7K)

>I'll pretend you didn't include that part.
>mfw I'll never be able to get over you now
>That song when
>youtube.com/watch?v=CqecMLUTg9g
.......;__;
>It's the closest to a spiritual successor for Boxcar Racer.
What the fuck are you high? I Empire was so lit that I can't even pick one song from it let alone don't even mention Love Pt 2 or LOVE like my god they were both so good.
I agree We Don't Need to Whisper was really good but most people think it was underwhelming in comparison to I Empire. Everyone knows Secret Crowds and Everything's Magic.

Attached: 6165165161.gif (500x281, 499K)

They are all good, I just have a special place in my heart for We Don't Need to Whisper. It was truly magical to me.

I need to get some sleep but I left you a present on steam. Do with it what you will.

I like songs that have at least something distinct and catchy. The chorus, the rhythm, changes of tempo or even a few notes popping up every now and then. I also like ebinness

youtu.be/8CIfudW67zs

Attached: tumblr_nic7db9Y6l1tkcbojo1_500.gif (500x274, 1005K)

Fair enough. I've got a special place for LOVE you've got one for We Don't Need to Whisper.
Together we make "We Don't Need to Whisper Love".....fitting.
>I need to get some sleep
Same. I've got training tomorrow. I'll talk to you la...
> I left you a present on steam. Do with it what you will.
......what?!
*checks steam*
Oh....k-kitchen.....this is a bad idea......I'm bad enough with you already. I'll keep it on hand though and use it only for good.
Goodnight sweet prince.
>I'll never be able to listen to Do It For Me Now without thinking of you...b-baka....

Attached: 1520033309823.png (364x652, 146K)

Use it when ever. Just know you'll never get anything lewd out of me.

Attached: 1501168018361_Kopya_Kopya.png (832x868, 371K)

Just woke up it's time to start the 4k run

It's for talking you dweeb. If you want lewd stuff get it from the mob of guys on Jow Forums that want you.

Good luck

it mnakes me move:
youtube.com/watch?v=3Vp_IYXkhww

>tfw all I want to do is warm kitchens heart with my love but he won't let me

Attached: 1518062892347.png (523x726, 636K)

You gay
Ok. byeeeee

No, you want to lewd me. Not happening. But we can talk since we have a lot in common. But I am sleeping now. Try not to fantasize about me too much

Sounf and riffs.

I'm a dnb/trance tard so rythm.