Comfy Jow Forums thread

Comfy Jow Forums thread.

What is everybody doing?
How was your day?
Hop in and chat.

I'm listening to some Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and relax with some Path of Exile right now.

Attached: 1377813501216.png (500x500, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.
youtube.com/watch?v=C6gq2iYISNI
youtube.com/watch?v=znjLSW8kfBM
youtube.com/watch?v=IG81buCkhC4
youtube.com/watch?v=HtrKPsUlM0E
youtube.com/watch?v=5fNhD_lP1F4
youtube.com/watch?v=Lan25U0O97U
youtube.com/watch?v=fBztSKccrDE
youtube.com/watch?v=R2F_hGwD26g
youtube.com/watch?v=mQsAmJUCcg4
youtube.com/watch?v=DhUieLpc16A
youtube.com/watch?v=2jbGulSyafY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im eating a pain au chocolate and listening to kero kero benito
> Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
good taste

Attached: 1527887664514.jpg (540x305, 25K)

I'm in college, not relaxing at all
:(

Eating chicken nuggets and playing dying light. Saw some lady get hit by a car but it seemed to be under control.

Attached: 8765436765.jpg (600x600, 77K)

Thank you, it's rare that I find someone who knows them. I literally listen to anything tho, as long as I can enjoy it.
Kero kero benito sounds like anime music

Why? Do you have lots of exam stress?

How is Dying Light? I've nevere gotten around to play it.

Attached: 1361530458416.gif (288x216, 1.82M)

It's a great game but stressful. I keep falling through the rotten roofs and attract the running zombies. Only 25% through the game, so I'm no expert.

How is the survival aspect of the game? From the gameplay videos I#ve seen it seemed more like The Last Of Us than a survival game

You constantly have to look for food and medkits and it's basically suicide to stay out at night. I would say it's pretty good. It isn't really a horror game in that sense since everything is going so fast and you do most stuff in the middle of the day though.

Are the zombies your typical cliché zombies? Slow etc. or do they mix it up from time to time?

Sorry to ask so many questions, I'm thinking about buying the game but the zombies are kind of a turn off for me. I'm not into most zombies.

Attached: 1336939975700.png (500x500, 20K)

just like minecraft

Most of them are slow and cliché but there's different types. So far I've encountered types that can spit acid, runners, tanks (big zombies), nightmares (Overpowered fast zombies who only are out at night) and exploding ones. I don't mind getting questions.
Pretty accurate

Sup dude, how's the weather in america today?

Do zombies drop stuff? Like crafting materials or some other items?

Yep. Mostly sellable items like cigarettes, coffee, alcohol or just money but also metal parts and other things.

little chilly buts thats because i live in the northern parts

Attached: comf.png (900x600, 520K)

Neat. I prefere colder climate over all, not a fan of heat. Well, moist heat that is. Dry heat is fine.
So.. people here in germany love to rip on your president, media reports that america is very divided and they make trump out to be the worst political leader since hitler and stalin.

How do you as someone who actually lives there think about that? I imagine it's not as bad. F.ex. people make comments about how bad the immigrant "crisis" in germany is but honestly.. it's not as bad as everyone makes it seem.

Have you played Long Dark? That's my favourite survival game yet. Haven't had time to finish the story mode tho

its not bad at all where i'm at, but I heard major cities in California are suffering. If you don't try to force your beliefs on anyone you should be fine

I generally try to abstain from that :)
What time is it where you#re at right now? For me it's 01:09 AM

6:10 pm

Ah so you're done working I'd imagine?

>he needs the internet for companionship
just end it

you mates play any good multiplayer games lately? ive been playing tf2 and killing floor 2

>kf2
>good
dude damage multipliers lmao

I don't need it but it's right here so why not use it.

>good multiplayer games
>2018
I'm also looking my dude..

yeah, and your'e staying up late

Na, I'm doing shift work this weekend so today and tomorrow are my "weekend" days.

what

not to go full boomer but most multiplayer games today are pretty shite

discord.
gg/X5pRy

nice, hey do you like gondola?

Attached: comfty.jpg (900x620, 45K)

I'm actually suprised that meme is still around

Dude, yes. Most multiplayer games nowadays are garbage. Then again I'm not sure if it's the fault of video games or if I'm just kinda growing out of them.

boomer memes wont die until zucc deletes facebook or boomers just go extinct

I finally got around to to watching Azumanga Daioh and its really comfy, definitely worth the watch

Attached: 91QumZ2kk4L._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 51K)

I got fucked not getting through my studies
So I said fuck that shit and started gaming
Now I feel bad

Do you have any upcoming exams? If not just take your time and don't worry. Stress will kill any joy in learning. At least for me.

I'm not hugely into anime. So far I've only really enjoyed Jojo, Kaiji, Kaiji 2, Erased and Barakamon. I'm not into these loud-over-the-top animes which I think azumanga daioh is? Feel free to correct me :)

Yes tomorrow
I went through the entire thing but I can't get it all committed to memory
Que sera sera

Attached: 1515732647158.jpg (337x337, 18K)

Actually this is not entirely true. I have massively enjoyed Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill

Shiieeeet, what's the exam about?

Watch'yall be listening to?

Attached: 1490118989461.jpg (146x130, 8K)

Astrophysics

Attached: 1527090042651.png (1000x1000, 963K)

Hot damn, that's a really interesting field!
I got around to study one semester of regular physics and then called it quits. My work ethic at the time wasn't compatible with the amount of work I'd had to put into successfuly studying that.

Coast modern, at the moment.

Especially this gem but Dive and Guru are also fantastic songs imo.
youtube.com/watch?v=C6gq2iYISNI

It's not really my field actually, I do math
There's just a little physics to round out my education
And I know that feel, I had the same thing my first time in uni
So I went to work for a few years and then I went back

Yeah.. being "too smart" for school wasn't actually that good. I never understood that my teachers just wanted to teach me proper work ethic.

But better late than never! I love the path I've taken. University wasn't my thing, currently working my absolute dream job. Never would have thought that :)

Do you want to go into the industry or do research once you're done?

Ah Uni...First year was tough for me too, since it's nothing like high school. I came out of a scientific path, so I was obviously very lazy and not used to actual work. The law cursus I went into just broke me

I guess that's why we have the saying Work builds character.

What are you listening to right now leaf-man?

Good for you, what's your job?
In all honesty there's so many things I wanna do in my backwards fucking life. Theoretically yeah I would love to stay and work at the uni in some way or another but I don't think I could keep handling the pressure. I might just nab myself an easy job and focus all my effort in my spare time to do my own thing. I work much better on my own terms

youtube.com/watch?v=znjLSW8kfBM

But I'm looking for new tunes right now, so I'm open to other suggestions you may have.

Any preferred type of music?
I listen to literally anything as long as I like it.

I work as an IT security consultant. I always wanted to do IT security and as a consultant people buy me because of my expertise in the field. It's nice to travel around and help people make the correct decisions

To add to If you're a math student the world is your oyster. You could literally start working as anything. One my our most valued co-workers used to be a physician before he came to us.

comfy threads are cancer and are never comfy, just slow and shit

I'm mainly into metal of any kind, but once again, I can listen and enjoy pretty much anything.

That's because you don't participate rusbro. What are you listening to right now?

I know man. But I'm a little bit unusual when it comes to my life prospects and shit like that. I'm massively antimaterialist and I don't actually give a shit about building a genuine longterm career with other people. I have a few ideas for personal projects but they're gonna require me to do a lot of work solo. So if I have to get a respected job I'm gonna have to fake my enthusiasm all the way through it. Getting a job that's the right fit for me after uni is gonna be interesting I'm not too sure where I'm headed

Post more frequently then

Any Given Day - Endurance
youtube.com/watch?v=IG81buCkhC4

Nick Cave and the bad seeds - O Children (not metal but one of my favourite songs, hope you enjoy it!)
youtube.com/watch?v=HtrKPsUlM0E

Sadly most of the metal I listen to is mainstream like Soulfly, Slipknot and stuff.
If don't know them look up some of these bands:
Oceana
Adept
Sabaton
(Some of these might be more post-hardcore but eh..)

Sounds like a ride dude, enjoy it! Most people get discouraged by not knowing where they are going in life but I personally see it as one big adventure. Even the bad times are necessary, they lead you to your end path.

On the shitter at work atm listening to Jackie chan play in the background

Imagine dragons concert, then cozy weed night at a friend's

I can relate my man, I've had my share of bad times
Good times are boring anyways who wants 'em

Attached: 1519992513224.jpg (345x336, 214K)

Thanks vro.I actually don't mind crossing barriers. I've made a couple runs across the block,musically speaking, so I'd rather discover new genres I've never heard about.
>tfw unironically listening to synthwave

>listening to Jackie chan play in the background
You work at a movie theatre or something?

Oh sick! Hope you have an amazing time.
I dropped some molly ealier tonight and am currently enjoying a joint.

May I ask how old you are?

I'm listening to synthwave as we speak actually, lmao.
How'd you get into synthwave? For me it came trough the whole VaporWave/Outrun art direction, thats how I first considered listening to some synth.

Attached: uo_oqiMWvpodBms4bB9Mu9O6wJGtxXpwFzGD2dqYalQ.jpg (960x960, 180K)

You may, but why?
I'm hitting close to 30

macintosh plus and moonman before the meme, eventually found Perturbator and Carpenter Brut. Shit's gold.
Speaking of music, here's something I also like quite a lot, more chill and relaxed.
youtube.com/watch?v=5fNhD_lP1F4

I remembered after I hit sent that you're not the canadian that responded to me earlier, my apologies.
In what semester are you currently? About to finish your masters?`

Oh man I sadly only got to know Macintosh Plus because of the meme. That song is SO GREAT (meme song + the plini song)!
Check out this song, it's very chill and relaxed. I love this "song" (no synth tho):
youtube.com/watch?v=Lan25U0O97U

nonono about to start my masters more like
at the end of the bachelor

lmao I know this one from an Joe Rogan fan channel. It's good tho.
Here's another one for good measure:
youtube.com/watch?v=fBztSKccrDE

And something from the great. These guys are fucking geniuses:
youtube.com/watch?v=R2F_hGwD26g

That's actually where I got if from yeah. Some Joe Rogan video.
I don't like the guy so I don't watch him. I hate how he just agrees with everything the person interviewed is saying.

Dude plinki is actually legit. I hope they're on spotify! Unlike Tool, who say "Oh no our album has to be one whole experience, we don't want you to listen to individual songs"

I heard they actually signed a deal with spotify tho. And I'm actually hyped for once because they announced a new album.
Same about Joe: I think it's a good thing to take someone's opinion at face value, but actively avoiding a confrontation of ideas is boring. I'd much rather watch someone try to form counter-arguments, play devil's advocate, even if this person has no knowledge on the subject, just to see how strong the guest's point actually is, than to see someone just accepting everything. The only reason I watch his show is for some of the guests he brings, who actually manage to create an interesting experience out of it.

Ya I already added them to my various playlists :)
The older I get the more I think "Every opinion has a value" is just a stupid sentiment made by people who can't back up their opinions with either evidence or words

Oh nice!
Not to sound condescening, generally curious: Do you plan on working "harder" for your masters?

I don't think so. It is so easy, especially as you grow older and gain confidence, to build an echo chamber of your own, and become thick to new ideas, instantly slapping them with labels based on your previous experiences. This is why debate and discussion is so important: this is the tool used to separate good ideas worth considering from horseshite people just come up with. This is why I still think everyone's opinion matter, even though they may not all be worth the same.

Glad you liked the music! here's something in a similar style:
youtube.com/watch?v=mQsAmJUCcg4

Jackie chan by post Malone friend K work in a factory radios everywhere

Oh sorry I might have worded that funny, I didn't mean to say their opinion has no value, of course it has value. It has value to them. They just STICK to that value no matter what facts you present.

I'm not into the whole "debate/discussion" scenery on media and youtube to be honest.
They don't debate or discuss, all they're doing is rethoric sadly. I'd like to see more dialectic discourses to be honest.

Oh damn I don't even know that posty song.
What does K work mean?

I have to learn to work smarter actually
I'm pretty good at all the math but there's the odd course I have to memorize things instead of just understand them and my memory is shit. Like genuinely, diagnosed-by-a-psych shit. So that's a bit of a problem

Wait what? You are listening to music while at work?

Agreed. What is called debate in medias is hardly anything more than a fallacy contest to piss on your opponent, sadly. From experience, real debates can only be had either with good and sensible friends, or with an actual scholar who is not interested about all this lowly shit-flinging. both are hard to find as of late.

youtube.com/watch?v=DhUieLpc16A

It's something I also had a lot of difficulties with. In sciences, I had flying colors all around while working jack-shit because it's not a matter of work, but understanding: either you get it and it's easy, or you don't and you fail. Changing fields took a toll on me big time

Oh it was meant to be an I. Really? You have never heard it? It plays on the radio constantly I hear it 3-4 times a day.

Yeah lol. The work is quite menial, music is the only thing that keeps me and the other boys from going insane.

Dang, pretty chill. What are you doing over there?

My only experience at factory work was in the medical field, preparing medication. I had to stay in a white box for 10 hours straight messing around on scales with chemicals. Music would have made this far less insufferable.

That's something that came always easy to me. I used to play theatre as a teenager so memorizing stuff or coming up with creative ways to memorize something is quite easy to me.

Yeah, thankfully my friends and I kinda had the same "wake up" point but all different viewpoints. I love the debates we have and we also manage to change each others minds on certain subjects which feels amazing to me.

I figuratively never listen to the radio and the song is not on spotify I just found out so that's probably another reason.

if you're generally not on board with moe, sol, or cgdct then you're probably not going to like it

btw is there any cool historical architecture in your area? Im interested in that kind of stuff
pic related I live near this old building that the town revitalized a while back

youtube.com/watch?v=2jbGulSyafY

Attached: old house.png (998x773, 1.5M)

We all have our talents I guess
I never really learned how to study

My place of birth has one architectural specificity: this. basically, painted roof tiles arranged in patterns all over. This place is one of the oldest hospital in europe still mostly intact today.
I personally find it very pretty and charming.

Attached: Hostel_Dieu_Beaune.jpg (1600x977, 851K)

Cabinet making. All I do is cut out the shit for them to put together. Also that sounds absolutely soul destroying, did you work there long?

Hmm... probably not, I live in a small "village", suburban area.
We have lots of these buildings tho, they're called "Fachwerkhaus"

That's also something I had to teach myself. The way school taught me wasn't working out for me so I failed a lot of my classes.

Attached: timber-framed-house-fachwerkhaus-CPRJ0N.jpg (979x1390, 219K)

I mostly learned from trial and error. What works forme doesn't work for everyone. But my method mostly implies taking out the basic concept of what you're trying to learn, rephrase it in your own words, sometimes write it down, and then build an argumentation around it, with examples, to solidify it in your memory.

Oh yeah I do that as well. I basically rewrite my own course material, or a more condensed version of it. But I run short on time to commit it to memory

But like I said I have a legit medical issue my short-term memory is physically fucked

Oh really cool, that's actually what I had in mind before asking you haha

Pic related is Newburyport, a city that was once built entirely out of wood but then it burned down and then they remade it out of brick, also they claim to have had a "tea party" (boston tea party) before the one in boston but they're no evidence whatsoever so make of that what you will

Attached: Page-Header-Newburyport.jpg (1024x576, 115K)

This is why I highly suggest you try to work on it as soon as you're done with your course. Try to commit at least 1 hour of your time before going to bed the same day to build a small argumentation about what you were taught, and play it in your head. To do this, try to make a simple plan using the material you saw the same day, as if you had it at the exam and you had to make a short essay. It's a fairly short exercise once you're used to it: you can even do it in your head once you get used to it, and it really helps a lot, at least for me.

Yeah I'll give it a try.

Oh I thought you were only talking about "breathtaking" historical architecture.
In that case we have quite a lot more

A leather manufactury (hand-made) that has been in this town since forever. Our area was well known for their good leatherwork.
We have still some pieces of the wall that used to be around the guildhall (google says that is the right translation, basically where a mayor would reside)
We have a very, very old observation tower that gets opened every fall or something
And my house is actually a quite interesting architecture by itself. Not from the outside but the inside is entirely made out of something called "Strohlahme" which is a mixture of, well, concrete (or something) and hay which means it's isolated by nature. They don't do that anymore tho, this house was rebuilt after the first or the second world war I don't quite remember.

Oh and two super old churches which are still actively used.

I guess I'm okay. I saw a movie that was very good, but stressful. I bought popcorn against my better judgement with extra butter, and now I feel kinda gross and it cost a bit. Right now I feel kind of warm.

I think I'll be going for a walk outside, I'll probably still respond trough my phone so my ID might change and it'll take even longer.

Thats what you get for eating popcorn with extra butter :P
What movie did you see?
Warm? Are you in a cozy blanket?

I don't know if scenery also counts, but this specific region is also littered with castles like these, surrounded by vineyards. Taking a walk there is very pleasing in the summer.

Have a nice walk, see you soon

Attached: chateau_du_clos_de_vougeot_automnecjl_bernuy_2.jpg (1120x490, 120K)

Perfect Blue. I do have a fuzzy blanket, because I need to cuddle it, because fuck the feelings it gave me.

Very cool, I'd love to visit Germany some day
Also very cool, I've been to Québec before, very nice city, also the basilica you have over there is really big

Pic is Gloucester, very nice city, though the beaches are entirely rocks, which I think is cool but people who want to go for a swim wont be amused

Attached: dcc51ee8f45d284a4eae0978063ef7ebl-m0xd-w640_h480_q80.jpg (600x450, 38K)

This is not Québec though, but Burgundy, France. I'm sure Québec has a lot of interesting things to see too, but big cities are not fun...

Out of curiousity do you live in Québec? I just assumed you did because of french filename but correct me if Im wrong

Yes I do, momentarily. Sorry if it is a bit confusing.
In which state do you live?

I'm gonna make a sandwich for dinner and maybe play some more Monster Hunter.

The kraut is back

Thanks it’s great so far. Dark, quiet, chilly weather. Perfect time for a good walk imo

Perfect blue? Like in terms of drunkness?

I live is Massachusetts, specifically in the northeastern part, for perspective I live 20 minutes from New Hampshire and Maine
Small town, tight knit community, very cool old buildings and towns, all in all its a nice place

Pic is plum island, small but densely populated barrier island where much of the people of the surrounding towns come to go to the beach

Attached: photo-3-4.jpg (1300x975, 303K)

I'm preparing myself for school.

YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME

Working in a factory in a small town,my shift ends in a couple of hours and than in gonna play some mount&blade and watch montey python flying Circus