Self-defense: Do Muay Thai, get wrecked

Meme destruction general.

>2018
>Doing Muay Thai
>Doing Muay Thai against a Savate guy
>Get your career and life ruined forever

But anyway, urban warfare is the future and urban warfare includes hand to hand and close combat - don't make the mistake the Russians made during the Russo-Japanese war ("I have a gun, I don't need close combat!").

Styles that have been proven on the battlefield:
>Japanese Jiu Jitsu (WW1 and WW2)
>Judo (WW1)
>Shotokan Karate (WW2)
>Taekwondo (Vietnam)
>Tongbeiquan (WW2 Chinese-Japanese War)
>Krav Maga (Israeli wars)
>Military Sambo (Russian wars)

Boxing and wrestling were already sportified too much and useless in a real battle int the 20th century, as WW1 and WW2 taught us. Which is a shame since Western martial arts dominated the globe for thousands of years almost effortlessly.

Attached: savate vs muay thai.gif (480x480, 3.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Japanese_War
youtu.be/bt8w92ilbVM?t=12m40s
youtu.be/TQ1f_o2moKA
thefma.co.uk/about-the-fma/
youtube.com/watch?v=1rgm6eRENIs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The best martial art is a gun.

Attached: 1534069197305.jpg (839x835, 119K)

>don't make the mistake the Russians made during the Russo-Japanese war ("I have a gun, I don't need close combat!").
>The best martial art is a gun.
Already failed hard.

>russian
>I have a gun
You need bulllets

bump

>American education
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Japanese_War

>German Wikipedia NPC
Ill try to convert into your format: beep boop Wikipedia is not an argument

Lol Krav Maga.

>Krav Maga

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 34K)

You can't just disregard a martial art because of one video of a guy getting an obliet kick. Muay thai is the greatest form of striking martial arts. Boxing is great until someone kicks your leg into a cast or knees you into a hole during dirty boxing

Attached: john-wayne-parr-696x686.jpg (696x686, 66K)

>oblique kick to the shin
>boom
>going on the ground? even better
Was he right after all?

Attached: boom.png (851x478, 622K)

t. Nak Muay

Savate always beats Muay Thai. But that's not the point of this thread, Mr butthurt.

>cannot read
>cannot understand
>completely retarded
>look at flag
Dios Mio...

you are fucking stupid, you should just headbutt people with that brick you call a head

I wouldn't say the greatest. I think you need to find the best that suits you. There is great strikers from various backgrounds. Muay Thai is definitely one of the best most incorporative though.

Attached: Ramon Dekkers.jpg (803x960, 150K)

Not an argument

>>Japanese Jiu Jitsu (WW1 and WW2)
>>Judo (WW1)
>>Shotokan Karate (WW2)
>>Taekwondo (Vietnam)
>>Tongbeiquan (WW2 Chinese-Japanese War)
>>Krav Maga (Israeli wars)
>>Military Sambo (Russian wars)
Do you have a single god damn source for any of this???

Krav Maga is literally women's self defence, it's worthless. The time spent learning Krav Maga would be better spent learning any of the other martial arts you listed as well as boxing.

Krav Maga was my first exposure to kike lies, lmao.
@12:40
youtu.be/bt8w92ilbVM?t=12m40s

Is this a joke?

Attached: Henny.jpg (480x360, 11K)

He's probably got a whole scenario mapped out in his mind where legions of ninjas rode mortars down on Iwo Jima to fight the marines n sheit. Then sliced off machine gun barrels with their katanas.

One thing I do know is many troops were captured by people wielding empty pistols. Dunno why people make shit up when the truth is much more interesting.

That was poor stance on that dude's part.

This is a stupid thread. No competent fighter practices only one fighting discipline. Look at the UFC. The top performers are proficient in both a striking style such as Muay Thai or western boxing / kick boxing and a grappling style such as western wrestling or BJJ. This type of knowledge can be translated to bayonet / bladed use relatively easily.
As for warfare in the 21st century is concerned, at least for us Americans, hand to hand combat fighting style doesn't matter AT ALL when the enemy consists of 110lbs mal nourished Afghani boys that have never eaten anything other than beans and rice their entire life.

Also.
>Krav Maga
You're actually calling the martial art that specializes in effectively teaching women how to aggravate their rapist a combat proven martial art?

Uhm yeah... no.

Just need to know the basics and be physically fit. Maybe in past wars it was more important to learn martial arts all the time. But today it's a huge waste of time. Much more important to spend that time learning organized urban warfare with weapons like you learn in the army. The current top martial artist in the world can be killed by a 5 year old kid with a gun with very basic training.

>Taekwondo
This is how I know you don't fight.

How so?

>Savate always beats Muay Thai.
go ahead and name all the savautists that become lumpinee and rajadamnern champions
also
>taekwondo
>shotokan karate
>battlefield proven

Humans naturally start swinging their arms in fights. That's what makes boxing so effective; it's simple to learn, like wrestling. Why even waste time with muay thai? If you can box, you already know how to throw an elbow, and knees hurt regardless of who's throwing them. If you're actually going to attempt to throw a high kick at somebody during a street fight, especially against multiple guys, you're a retard. You might get away with it if you're wearing gym shorts with no underwear. It happens, but it's rare. Just punch the guy in the face.
If you're trying to break somebody's leg with a leg kick, then you might as well shoot, and eye gouge when you're on top. It's more organic, and your body will move on instinct. Eastern arts are backwards.

This is the most retarded thing I've read all night.

How about not fighting and calling the police?

>Krav Maga
Opinion discarded

>wrestling and boxing are useless on the battlefield
maybe you should volunteer to serve before making such an asinine statement

Attached: 200iq.jpg (635x581, 46K)

I always knew that Jow Forums and Jow Forums specifically is full of "enokis", lanklets and other mossad wrecked type personalities. What has happened in this thread is that you saw the idiot in the gif with the motorcycle punching and knocking out a lanklet and what you have started to believe is that a " well weighed punch" is all that you need. Surprise, not by a landslide. My advice: man up and have fights to realize that if everything is allowed you must train in everything, not your muy bai boxen spars and athletic events.

Forgot pic

Attached: d000341f15750579f8f0d893f0b829e2.jpg (1592x1592, 304K)

MT includes all western boxing techniques and execute them well enough to the point where champs regularly cross over and win esteemed boxing championship titles. How many western boxers have crossed over into MT and won a championship there? I'll give you a hint: it's less than one.

Add in the fact that it includes standup grappling that is so effective that it can even be used to nullify western style clinch wrestling (werdum v velasquez) and you have the most complete standup striking art in the world.

Mt literal baby cancer

All you have to do is carry a hand gun and know how to use it. Even in a wrestling situation, if you know how to use a gun in such case, you will win every time.

Attached: dalai lama.jpg (640x426, 47K)

lol go be a fag somewhere else with your "real world training" bullshit. If your art doesn't do live, hard sparring then it's useless.

And go to jail, really smart, there are literally a million steps before pulling out a gun which action for sure van stand in a court. Inb4 literal NPCs..

can you post the OP

Alot of styles include western boxing techniques, because it's superior. Even Bruce Lee. Boxers have no reason to cross over to any other combat sport because all the money is in boxing. The only reason why somebody would go to mma or something else instead is because they can't do it.
>Stand up grappling
Boxers used to be grapplers. They weren't separated since there weren't any rules. The stances and movement for both styles are the same so your technique isn't hindered.
Muay thai doesn't nullify grappling, nor is a clinch stopping a wrestler from getting in.

>ruining your opponent's career for a win
these people need to be shot, it's a fucking sport you nigger

I prefer Lethwei since it’s Muay Thai with head butts. Elbows and knees are deadly and anyone that strictly boxes is a fucking tool

We are talking about urban warfare, you dunce.

>Combat S P O R T
>Self defense
pick 1 you retarded kraut, they're not the same fucking thing

1. "martial arts" are 95% scam. The taller, heavier and stronger man wins. That's why there such a thing as weight classes in boxing.
2. People in the past were well aware of this, which is why they started using weapons to even the field.

germany stop being so racist

Attached: sambos reporting for duty.png (705x375, 541K)

The point is that you're completely limiting yourself, not that boxing is useless or anything like that. A MT guy is going to fuck your shit up if all you know how to do is box, that's just the plain truth.
>Boxers have no reason to cross over to any other combat sport because all the money is in boxing.
no, all the money is in the championships. Most boxers don't make dick.
>The only reason why somebody would go to mma or something else instead is because they can't do it.
quick question: do you think floyd would have done as well against mcgregor in an mma fight as mcgregor did against floyd in their boxing fight? he won how many rounds again? 7?
>Boxers used to be grapplers
"used to be" as in they aren't anymore so it's not really relevant is it?
>Muay thai doesn't nullify grappling, nor is a clinch stopping a wrestler from getting
Muay Thai UTILIZES grappling. and if you want a real world example of a Thai plum beating a western greco-roman/freestyle collar and elbow clinch then I already gave you one.

>you can't engage in close combat with a firearm
?

If you have a gun, and let the enemy get close enough to strike you, you've already lost.

Weapons are every where you just need to be resourceful. A rock will beat any martial art.

>watching any fighting sport that isn't boxing

Fuck off. When you add too many variables it gets mad retarded and you end up with these literally 'one kick' the opponent never expected and that means you win. UFC does this too and it's really fucking gay
>oh you're training for boxing? Well here I'm gonna do a spinning kick you never saw before and it hit your face, I win.
>Oh you were expecting a kick? But let me guess you never trained for this one specific instance where when you're holding someone's leg and they go in to elbow you huh? I guess I won!

MMA is like the adult equivalent of when little kids are playing one one of them goes YOU CAN'T HIT ME BECAUSE I HAVE A SHIELD ON AND I HAVE A LASER BEAM SO I HIT YOU.

Here's another comparison of how bullshit this is: Imagine if someone in football took of their helmet and threw it at the quarter back which caused him to fuck up a throw. Is that viable now because he wasn't training to have a helmet thrown at him? No! It's stupid!

Attached: clay4.jpg (904x904, 169K)

>taller heavier stronger man always wins
Wrong
youtu.be/TQ1f_o2moKA

1. Competing in a sport with a limited rule set is not actual combat.
2. A singular instance doesn't disprove the general rule.

Even monkeys know how to throw rocks. If you want to protect yourself get a knife or even better: a gun.

with body armor, grappling is really the only thing you can do, you would be better off bashing them with the butt of your gun or your helmet though. but you have a knife, so thinking MMA is helpful whatsoever in wartime is dumb as fuck

Pipe bomb

this whole thread is why i grew to hate modern martial arts. like listening to joe rogan shit on his taekwando experiences as a young man. i hate the spirit and culture of mma. i hate the whole "educated meathead" trope. i hate what the old martial arts have become.

the single most effective martial art would be any good iteration of jujutsu, small circle is a good one. fuck the brazilian monstrosity. competency in breakfalls, throws and groundwork and particularly joint locks and pressure points is all key. more importantly is the training away fear of injury or injuring others and being capable of performing intuitively, efficiently, and in the best way to incapacitate or kill.

i want to see a super acid dumped into joe rogans sensory deprivation tank. everything i hate about modern martial arts is in him and mma. the fun and passion and humility is gone. the nobility and honor and tradition is gone.

>Styles that have been proven on the battlefield:

When have there ever been hand to hand combat in wars with guns and bombs? Last resort?

Tkd in the early days were very very different than today's sport.

>1. Competing in a sport with a limited rule set is not actual combat.
yeah, it is. limitation by rule set does not make it not combat.
>2. a singular instance
this guy completely missed the 90's and the first like 5 ufcs, early Prides and vale tudo japan competitions. Why do you think bjj got so big in the first place, bruh? Royce and Rickson aren't exactly big dudes.

Have you ever been in a fight? I have the feeling you haven’t from the way you talk.
Also, you sound like an FBI nigger considering you’re telling people to engage in violence. Meme flag as well

What's up withall you MA shitposters lately?
>Judo
Judo nowadays is nothing like what they taught back then. back then, it was a full contact allround style that also used weapons - today, it's a competition style where almost all effective techniques are banned.

>Shotokan Karate (WW2)
Shotokan was literally founded in order to train little children (primary school age) in a safe way. It isn't even a martial art

Krav Maga back then was boxing and wrestling with a little knife work. It was so useless that even the israeli army stopped teaching it and teaches FMA based styles instead.

>Taekwondo (Vietnam)
Taekwondo was literally developed in order to have a "traditional" MA to compete with karate. It has virtually no connection to the actual korean MAs like Taekkyeon (which sucks) or Hapkyoksoul (not sure if that's spelled correctly).

>Japanese Jiu Jitsu (WW1 and WW2)
Those aren't to bad, but to based on empty hands.

>Boxing and wrestling were already sportified too much
Bullshit. I've fought and sparred with ~50 people, from excons to martial artists, soldiers and cops and all major styles. The only three who actually stood a chance against me (based in FMA and wrestling) were boxers. The best techniques don't help you if you get knocked out with a left straight the moment you get into range.

Styles that have actually been proven:

-LINE (removed rom US service for not having enough less-lethal optionsbut great system otherwise. based mainly on FMA and boxing with some jujitsu)

-Fairbairn-sykes System / gutterfighting (used in WW2 by the allies after comparing it to other styles, based mostly on kungfu and jujitsu)

-Boxing (The ultimative unarmed system and still trained by most thugs, though MMA is catching up)

-FMA (used in different variations by virtually all armies other than china and russia)

Most MMA and other combat sport promotions today have weight classes

>telling people to engage in violence
you sound like the fbi nigger because he didnt tell anyone to engage in anything

>gun and knife are best self defence
Resorting to weapons at the first instance of confrontation is what niggers do

what? if you are facing a dangerous situation and have a pistol then use it. the best tool is the most effective tool.

>you must not use weapons for self defense or else you are a nigger
so then send all soldiers into warfare with nothing but their fists

>FMA?

thefma.co.uk/about-the-fma/

Nobody limits themselves in an actual fight. You're referring to "pure" punching which usually doesn't happen outside of the ring. Most fights go down both guys swinging until it gets close, then they violently wrestle to the ground. Nobody instinctively stands in front of somebody trying to land a kick. It happens but not often.
>Most money is in the championships
True for any combat sport. The difference is you're making millions more in boxing. If you can't throw a punch or take one, then you go to the cage. Much easier and less head trauma.
>Floyd Mayweather
Absolutely irrelevant. But if you're going to act like the professional boxer wasn't carrying the fight, that's ridiculous. Both guys got their money and won. The causal beer drinking fan thought Conner "proved a point".
Good point but its a good advantage to be able to have that muscle memory click to throw a proper punch when your adrenaline is going. Same thing with grappling when you're inside. But yea, it isn't the end all tell all like most people believe. If somebody is angry enough both guys just go at it. Technique means shit alot of times. You've probably seen the video of the Brazilian mma guy who got killed at that gas station flirting with somebody's gf. He got his ass beat, then killed from blunt weapons from multiple guys.

Shooting or stabbing someone and going to prison for it isn’t that satisfying. Don’t put yourself into that situation in the first place

Warfare and street fighting are two completely different things you doughnut

it stands for "fuck my ass" basically he bends over and lets the guy reem his anus until they are fully satisfied and once they're completely spent and pass out from pumping his insides with gallons of splooge. he declares himself the victor

He should have done some long distance running to strengthen those ligaments

no shit you fucking retard, if you read my last post i was responding to a guy talking about WARFARE and my response was about WARFARE not STREET FIGHTING you daft fucking cunt

So much this.

should have spammed a few hadoukens.

>Nobody limits themselves in an actual fight.
lol yeah, yeah they do. people who don't train limit themselves to whatever pops into their head at the moment. The problem there is that the guy who actually has trained to fight just reacts to what is happening and has the muscle memory to use what method is appropriate for the situation.
>floyd fight is irrelevant
whatever m8 you're the one who brought up mma. I was talking about MT. So you want to change the question? You think Floyd do better against Buakaw in an MT fight than Buakaw would do against Floyd in a boxing fight?
>if you're going to act like the professional boxer wasn't carrying the fight,
speculate away, but I like to limit myself to what actually happened and what happened is that floyd lost 7 rounds to an mma fighter in his own sport.

desu he shouldn't have decided to compete in a sport where you get kicked and punched all the time, most people avoid those kinds of things

Btw: Best style to win a fight: Kick the nuts, do it fast and hard and you win the time to run away.
Thats all that matters in real-life death-threatening experiences.

Proof me wrong.

Not really, I avoid all conflict if possible. Most people are like this. At the point where it becomes physical it will be a life or death situation warranting the use of weapons.

I thought summer was over

Judo is a form of jiu-jitsu, you dumb sand nigger

>AXS TV

Fuck, I probably could have watched this live.
Anyways, Muay Thai is a fucked sport, or used to be. Spending hours training by kicking trees for years, basically crippling yourself, just to fight for a few years for little income and retiring to menial work or a coach.
I think MMA is still banned or recently legalized in Thailand after years of fearing it would kill Muay Thai.
I remember a Lion Fight match years ago between an American with 10 fights and a Thai with 150+. The Thai was confident and toying with him only to get knocked out from superior punches.

Do you not know what MMA stands for?

I'm not a self-defense guy but one has to mention in terms of self-defense the actual fight is like step 5 to 10 in a series of steps that come before that. From that point of view finding yourself in a fight means you already fucked up in some way or form before that. You don't want to knife fight, everybody gets cut. I don't care if your Dan Inasantos or not.

Besides that the circumstances of the fight kinda matter as well. If you're in a tight space you'll need to fight different than in an open space. Is the ground hard, is it soft, is it slippery. Do you have friends helping you, does he? Do you have to mind some fucked up self-defense laws?

Pretending for a second if you touch me I could do everything I want to you and we're fighting on concrete or something, I'd close the distance, grab a hold and drop you on your head. End of fight.

Also it's not like Muay Thai guys could kick to the knee joints as well. I'm not even a particular strong kicker but if you aren't well balanced and no 90kg I'll might sweep your legs away. Imagine what this does if you aim for knees.

I do ITF Taekwondo and it's hella fun as a sport. But that's all it is, a sport/art for fun and not for fighting. I supplement it with some basic kurwa kickboxing.
WTF tkd is even more of a fucking joke tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=1rgm6eRENIs

As I've said, humans instinctively swing at each other, sort of like apes. Boxing and wrestling are just scientifically improved ways of how humans naturally fight. Simple and effective. Muscle memory will kick in as the trained fighter is swinging wildly, and he throws a technical punch. Boxing works in every situation as well as wrestling. Out of all of the street fights you've been in, and the ones you've seen on the internet and in real life, how many of those fights ended from a punch, and how many ended from a kick of any sort?
I brought up MMA, because you're an MMA fighter. You further proved that by bringing up Floyd out of thin air. You keep asking me how Floyd fair against 'x'. You and I both know each wins in their respective sport.
>Floyd lost 7 rounds to an mma fighter in his own sport
Do you know how much money both guys made afterwards? A boxer and/or a boxing fan knows how the fight went. He lost by TKO by the way. It's unfortunate he had to "fight" Floyd, instead of someone who would give it to him in 1. Connor should've just stayed in MMA instead of making whites look bad. I'll be rooting for him against the Muslim in November though.

you obviously never did a martial art in your life du fetter homosexueller Untermensch

I don't think anyone remembers that fight. Really should be considered an exhibition.
Kebab and all the other Russians/Dags are over hyped. He has a padded record, almost half the fights are out of Russia and include a majority of his finishes which are mostly subs. He couldn't even finish #9 in the weight class, even as a last minute replacement.
I'm going McGregor by KO.

>floyd lost 7 rounds to an mma fighter in his own sport.
He lost a few, claiming seven is bloated.

its just repackaged karate with a 200 percent markup in merchandizing