/IBSG/ - Ideal Body Standards General

PROLOGUE/CONTEXT:

Following the ’90, when some girls and models died of anorexia and several other girls and guys developed eating disorders, we have had counter-movements to sensitize about these issues (and that’s a good thing), blaming in particular the fashion world and showbiz to show “impossible body standards”. Since then, we have had “Body acceptance” movement and feminists saying that we have to break the “traditional” body standards, as “Beauty is a social construct”. Since i haven’t seen a single proper, scientific counter-argument, and I have seen everyone, even on Jow Forums, believe it, this has bought me to search if this was true.

RESEARCH:

While everyone has his own, undisputable tastes, I have found that science has proven there are ancestral, unconscious indices and features people tend to follow to value the beauty and ideal bodies, that remained the same in every age and society, making them a partially objective thing; in particular, this is what I found out:

Attached: b5f3d70de1717e8c2df8ece7e5d23b52--human-body-proportions-drawing-reference.jpg (564x629, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1634963/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5666244/
builtlean.com/2010/08/03/ideal-body-fat-percentage-chart/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

10.000 years ago fatties were hot, that's because everyone was a nigger.

> Simmetry, above all in faces: our mind is programmed to look for symmetry and cleaning.
> WTH ratio (waist to hip ratio): Men prefer women with WTHr between 0,6/0,8, while women prefer men with 0,8/0,9 WTHr
> WTC ratio (waist to chest ratio): 0,6-0,8 for both men and women, but men prefer it is close or equal to WTH (example, 90-60-90, 80,60,80, or 80-58-89, 90-63-82... Basically an hourglass kind of figure), while women prefer men with equal or broader chest than hips
> For women, WTC ratio is much more important than WTH ratio, while for men WTH ratio is at least as important as WTC ratio
> BMI, body mass index, between 18,5-24,5 for both, with men preferring a little more women in 19-21 and women prefer men between 22-24
> BF% (Body fat %): extremely variable due to age and activity, is difficult to find a range, so take this with a grain of salt: for men go from 8,5% at 20, to 19% at 50; for women 17% at 20 to 26% at 50.
> BTL ratio: Body to Legs ratio. Women prefer it between 0,49 and 0,52 (basically same torso-legs length), while men prefer long legged women, up to 0,60 BTL ratio
> Women prefer tall but not too tall guys: currently, in the West, despite the memes a 5’10” tall guy has the same or more chances than a 6’2” tall guy, and a 5’8” has a superior potential dating pool than a 6’5”; however the best potential dating pool is found at 6’. Men prefer average tall women, and height seems to be a slightly less important factor for them
> While different cultures shows slightly different preferences, they all fall within those ranges: for example, Central African in general would prefer more a WTH ratio close to 0,8, while Asians prefer it being 0,6; in Europe and US, it is 0,7
> Not only different countries and cultures, but also different ages: if you compare the modern ideal body standards with those of ancient Romans and Greeks, you will find they are relatively close to each other, fitting in the ranges I gave you above

who are you quoting my friend?

Attached: 1529184850620.png (647x708, 313K)

CONCLUSIONS:

If there are objectively standards we unconsciously find in body, there will also be features about faces we find more attractive (face tends to play the largest part in beauty ratings of a person). Of course society and culture can impact standards, but it is a minor part as 1) they fall in those ranges, or 2) they could, at the best, just try to push the boundaries of those ranges, but the change of range would be almost irrelevant. More than mere culture itself, a significant role is played by ethnicity, and people of different races could prefer some features of their own race.

I came to the conclusion that beauty and ideal body standards are 65% biological factor (or innate) and 35% social construct. Basically all the "ideal body type through history" videos and every "ideal body is a social construct so we can change it for accomodate ourselves" speech are fake news for the largest part, and basically what we find hot and aesthetics today is pretty the same of what 6000 years ago people found hot and aesthetics.

PS: It’s all easily verifiable, but on several requests i could eventually give some sources

where's that source?
i want to read this for myself and to look up their sources/data.

Attached: 1535825349473.png (200x331, 49K)

where's that source?
i want to read this for myself and to look up their sources/data.
faggot

Attached: 1528058309999.jpg (319x319, 23K)

>PS: It’s all easily verifiable, but on several requests i could eventually give some sources

Can you even read? Gee, google it. Do you really want make me do all the work posting every single study?

Yes ofcourse it's your job you fucking brat. You're the one trying to make a case. So you have to post the studies and also explain how they relate to the point you're trying to make. That's how adults science, get used to it.

dude, citations are needed in every fucking scientific study, you're claiming things that can be pure bs

Attached: 1536223121839.jpg (650x680, 273K)

Fine, annoying brats. Here is just one:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1634963/

And which of the conclusions from your OP are you drawing from that?

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks liek.

Attached: 1536144517150.png (540x931, 317K)

Here another one:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5666244/

also, pic related

Attached: 1535016726307.jpg (1024x457, 101K)

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks liek. ᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌

Attached: 1503024271503.jpg (401x707, 26K)

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks liek. ᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌
᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌

Attached: V1MbO_GotVE.jpg (678x900, 136K)

Yeah if you're gonna start spamming links without providing explanations then you don't deserve a discussion. The first one seems not to have any relation with ANY of the conclusions you wrote in your second post.

based

᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌

Attached: 15354739711392.jpg (449x600, 51K)

Calm down, retard. Literally dozens of sources you can find in your first page of search on Google. My PC is just messed up, so i's very difficoult for me find every study i have read before.
builtlean.com/2010/08/03/ideal-body-fat-percentage-chart/

Your second study doesn't have anything to do with it either.
It's basically measuring how realistic drawings (instead of real people) affect the perception of attractiveness.

And this is not a study. It's a blog.
It only measures how body fat is influenced by age.
Good job, keep trying. I'm on vacation so I can keep calling you out on your bullshit all night.

᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌᠌ ᠌

Attached: 1513710962090.jpg (960x1015, 126K)

Why do 5'6" womanlets want 6'0" men? It only ruins our gene height pools.

Oh, i get it: reading comprehension issue.
Studies i link state much more than that, read better. You can find any kind of source, article and study demostrating my statements just googling it. I don't have time for teaching basic grammar to a reatrd

Attached: tenor.gif (220x168, 90K)

So you just proved you got nothing and you resort to shitposting
Cheers, I hope you learned something from this

Attached: 1525098252301.jpg (337x337, 18K)

>saying someone shitposts after shitposting all the time

Nope. Just basic critical thinking
Try it some time sport, it'll do wonders for you

>Illiterate who lectures others on critical thinking

Attached: 1534884903718.jpg (640x360, 34K)