Why is it so hard to get a job in my field as a recent graduate?! Is it like this in other countries?

Why is it so hard to get a job in my field as a recent graduate?! Is it like this in other countries?

Attached: Apu Graduation.jpg (232x217, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5CeNvhd9b60
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You chose the wrong field, would have had mine paid for in exchange for 4 years work after, but I got a scholarship anyway

Scandinavians are taking all of your jobs and there's nothing you can do about it. You may still be able to get a job peeling bananas.

yes

Learn a trade lol. Youre pretty much guarenteed a job

why's it called a trade if you don't trade goods

You trade services for money? I dont know.

kot get

>benos

1 off a benis

Did Accounting, always a need of them but 99% of the fuckers require experience, which I don't have.

Lol no.

Hmm.

It's a little too late, I did this degree for nothing then & built the debt for nothing.

I got kot ID yesterday.

Attached: Apu Fren.jpg (1387x702, 85K)

should have considered a trade before you went to collage

youtu.be/5CeNvhd9b60

Being a contractor in the UK driving around in little white vans sounds comfy as hell. Here in US, we all drive trucks or bigger vans. I miss the comfy little van I used to drive for work.

Oh I've known for a while that trade is really worthwhile but my parents wanted me to get a degree.
You can just see that trades are on the way up & degrees on the way down.

I once saw a contractor wearing his work attire get out of his new Mercedes E class, bearing in mind in that area very very few people has showy cars like that.

Yea. Too many people are getting degrees which makes the job market tight and the value of the degrees go down when everyone has one. Its kinda like economics. Not enough people are going to trade school which makes it easy to get a job. Im sorry, but someone that is a electrician is more useful then someone with a gender studies degree.

Lol pal, a NEET is more useful than someone with a gender studies degree

Attached: Apu Laughing.png (710x577, 161K)

Stop bullying palestine

Any contribution to my problems, Hans?

Attached: Apu Bed Coffee.png (744x687, 44K)

I tried joining a trade union and that shit is on lock down. Nepotism out the ass. I had an easier time getting my degree in electrical engineering, getting a job as an engineer, than joining ibew.

Unions are ass. They dont get shit done.
Definitly

>Unions are ass. They dont get shit done.
I hear mixed things. So did you just get hired on to some company and they trained you? Or did you go to voc. school?

Do you still apply for jobs even if you don't qualify for their demands?
Because if you don't that is your biggest and only fuckup.

Vocational School

I've started too about a month ago. Like my CV is good but just have a lack of relevant experience.

Attached: Apu Thumb Up.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

Yeah but the experience thing is often not a hard restriction.
You are meant to bullshit your way through that, basically acting like you're motivated, willing to learn, all that shit.
Obviously you won't pass when they ask for like 5-10 years experience. But if it's a 1-3 kind of thing, you just might depending on your rethoric

>you're motivated, willing to learn, all that shit.
Oh but I do that.

>But if it's a 1-3 kind of thing, you just might depending on your rethoric
Thing is the experience often requires the use of various programmes, therefore it is harder to bypass.

Attached: Apu Science Experiment.jpg (961x816, 239K)

Then get acquainted with those programs in your free time?

Attached: 1509892968634.png (252x200, 42K)

They cost lot money, friend. I'm hoping to get a job & learn it there for free.

Attached: Apu Money.png (887x560, 53K)

Do you not see the massive flaw in your circular argument?
If you can't pirate them at least go on their website and learn all you can
That way you can explain on the interview you're prepared to learn the program

Friend, one programme costs £250 and that's the most basic/simple one.

Attached: Apu Having Problem Sleeping.jpg (821x869, 88K)

You never used it at school? In engineering, you usually use programs that are used in industry, I find it strange that accounting wouldn't do the same.

What does that have to do with what I said?

Attached: 1513091454291.png (384x313, 102K)

Do an Accounting apprenticeship, there are plenty available and its experience nonetheless

Chose your field carefully fren, not all have a large demand that you could easily fit in.

If you are into Accounting try to apply yo a not so specific job and then you might try to get an specific job in your area.
At least this is how young gratuates in my country do(and I'm doing)

No, not even in University.

To learn it you have to buy it.

I've applied to some, motherfuckers don't get back to me.

Accounting has huge demand.

Attached: Apu Reading.jpg (655x527, 59K)

Or alternatively you pirate it.
Or alternatively you GO TO THEIR WEBSITE. WHICH IS FREE. AND USUALLY CONTAINS USEFUL INFORMATION.

Attached: scepticles.jpg (320x340, 34K)

No, friend. Their website contains limited information since they're selling the programme.
The prgramme is Sage50 & Sage Payroll.

Attached: Apu Thinking.png (634x513, 22K)

I'm an Architecture and Urban Planning student, I'm trying to get a job who either gives me experience with CAD on my CV or either with Urban Planning or Architecture.
My field has a lot of competition and fucked up in the recession we are in if you get a job that pays you less than half of a minimum wage its already good just for the experience.
Or do as I said, join a big corp applying for a general position and grow in there to the area you have a degree in.

Attached: IMG_20180906_202252_945.jpg (1280x1243, 98K)

>type in google
>ltierally the first links are a bunch of youtube tutorials
>you could learn a shitton before even getting started
I'm sorry to say son but you're a quitter. You give up before you've even started. And this is why you fail. It has nothing to do with education or the demands they're setting. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm trying to help you.

Attached: 1516548231929.jpg (240x240, 9K)

Ok you know what, tomorrow I look at lots of these tutorials. But I feel that watching them will still not give me as good understanding as actual use of the programme would.

Say I do learn quite a bit off it, I can add it to my CV as I have experience of using it, right fren?

Attached: Apu Press Conference.jpg (700x605, 71K)

Well, that would be a lie. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't put it on there. I'm not entirely sure what the best way to go about it honestly. You just have to get the point across that you're trying to minimize the company's investment in you. You're saving them valuable time by coming as prepared as possible. They will love hearing that. Remember, it's all about time and money for them, so think in terms of that

Or I could say I have basic use and knowledge of the certain principles/elements within the programme? Thanks btw friend, you're really helping me out. What do you do?

Attached: Apu Beer.jpg (680x309, 25K)

Jobs are easy as hell to get in the UK

Attached: 61015153_p0.jpg (2000x1613, 455K)

Issue is some degrees also have an apprenticeship route, by the time the students graduate the companies have already trained up experienced team members with full qualifications, while the uni students often have no experience. Accounting is a prime example of this

Attached: Apu Dunce.png (658x901, 64K)

Is the distinction you're making between college and uni? If so, why would someone go to to uni rather than just college?

I went into the job market for a while with just a high school degree (after failing uni). Then I learned many of these lessons the hard way, without anyone telling me. After a bit of a rough streak I went back to uni to pursue my dream degree, and that's where I'm at now

Good man, what degree, friendo?

Attached: Apu Arms Raised.jpg (865x526, 55K)

No.
College in UK is 16-18, but you can instead do an apprenticeship in that time frame.
Its basically where you learn the trade on the job and get paid while doing it

Mathematics
Very cool stuff

Ah, okay. Apprenticeships are the same here, but are not a replacement for jobs that require a 4 year degree(uni).

Wait college is 16-18? I thought that was highschool
So you guys don't differentiate between uni and something more practical-oriented?

Wow you smart

Attached: Apu Computer.png (565x547, 58K)

4 years in accounting. 7 months as an accounting clerk. Enjoying a job as a liquor store attendant more. You tell me friendo

Attached: E1yLlMgq_400x400.jpg (400x400, 23K)

Ba to doctorate dude

But surely the pay is far less than actual accounting jobs?

Attached: Apu Suspecting.jpg (680x472, 32K)

come here we are unironically in a workforce crisis
if you have a degree you can get a job easy

no not smart, just very obsessive
my study hours are ridiculous compared to the average student
oh yeah. we have that too but we differentiate between "academic" bachelors (which go to masters and then doctorates) and "professional" bachelors (which usually just lead to a job)