/comfy/

COMFY Jow Forums THREAD EVERYONE

Come in, talk about your day, share wisdom and good music the possibilites are endless.

Attached: pepe cozypepe.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OXqnHLXZugA
youtube.com/watch?v=7fXwbFxenC0
youtube.com/watch?v=dgUbRpdUN1w
open.spotify.com/user/aofd3/playlist/4sgUux9hmykyWYmVoe4W6p?si=O5Q9YEdMTJWrAi3m8Fq2yA
open.spotify.com/user/1213866633/playlist/6aQpDzlGkoI9VIqRepZSZy?si=FuKe8Mc1QIuPcm1wz0_biQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qEoxu0_8uZU
youtu.be/Tfw2suyUUNw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bTwT3tKPuMY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I for one had an amazing weekend.
Visited a good friend of mine, smoked some devils lettuce on his balcony and watched a bunch of sitcoms.

Shameless self-bump

Attached: 1369744570368.jpg (510x720, 199K)

im sad. spaghettians took over Jow Forums today

Really? Didn't pay that much attention to countries today.

One last bump
Don't be shy silly Jow Forums

I played mount and blade and shitposted a little

youtu.be/OXqnHLXZugA

is mount and blade any good?
Huge MMO nerd over here.

Also good choice of music, love me some DIO
Maybe you'll enjoy some of these guys:
youtube.com/watch?v=7fXwbFxenC0

Well it's rather old and meant to be played in single
It's an action/strategy game
You can build your army, join them in battle, fight the other lords, besiege castles and cities n shit
>Maybe you'll enjoy some of these guys
Listening to them rn, they're pretty good

Already snowing over here so I get to break out the hot chocolate and big coats earlier in the year.

Such a shame comfy threads have become a thing of the past...
Just came home from uni, I don't know what to do now.

Attached: __shigure_kantai_collection_drawn_by_namie_kun__8cabbc12ef2ecc0f10021c6d9afd2b0b.png (534x780, 497K)

How come it's already snowing where you are? It's still 30° outside here.

Attached: __shigure_and_yuudachi_kantai_collection_drawn_by_erimu__830d6951de477c94d0db72eaef350c96.jpg (800x549, 324K)

Oh, from what I've heard friends talk about it so far I just assumed it was an mmorpg

what are you studying?

I'm an exchange student, studying political science and International relations.
It's a bit memey, but if things go right, I should be able to secure a cushy job fairly easily.
And what about you? What are you doing? And why are you up so late (or posting this early, hard to tell)

Attached: __shigure_kantai_collection_drawn_by_nogi_takayoshi__8beba40fd40e453880d13106a69ab623.jpg (533x824, 480K)

I'm getting Textaloud 3.0.

If you're interested in that field why wouldn't you study it, why is that memey?

>And what about you?
What are you doing? And why are you up so late (or posting this early, hard to tell)

I'm german, obviously. Right now I'm listening to synthwave and play a bit of WoW, but if you're asking as in what do I work I'm an IT Security Consultant.
I'm still up because I popped a molly a few hours ago

youtube.com/watch?v=dgUbRpdUN1w

Attached: bread.jp.jpg (1920x1080, 112K)

I don't know. People just assume when hearing about political science that you're the politicized kind of guy that just can't shut up about politics, and that it's just another dumb social studies thing.
I personally don't really care about it all that much. I'm much more interested in history and geopolitics, that kind of stuff. I'm fairly apolitical in general. But this is the kind of studies I have to go through to get to what I want.

>synthwave
based. Which one exactly?

Attached: __shigure_and_yuudachi_kantai_collection_drawn_by_oniku_oishii_oniku__2334efa681bb5a768ff0d1ed1e48d1 (455x412, 150K)

What kind of job would you get with such an education?

Listening to random shit from a spotify playlist. So far my favourites are Vogel and Jean-Michel Jarre. Open for any suggestions tho!

"Synthwave from Space":
open.spotify.com/user/aofd3/playlist/4sgUux9hmykyWYmVoe4W6p?si=O5Q9YEdMTJWrAi3m8Fq2yA

Synthwave/Retro electro:
open.spotify.com/user/1213866633/playlist/6aQpDzlGkoI9VIqRepZSZy?si=FuKe8Mc1QIuPcm1wz0_biQ

Normally I’m lonely on weekends during uni, but I went to the observatory and learned how to use the scope and met lots of cool people and went out for late night breakfast afterward.

A lot of things really. I can find a job in the state's administration, or I can go in the private sector. It usually revolves around consulting and the like. I'm open to almost every job, although things that revolve around my interest would be cool. So working in embassies (at home or elsewhere) would be sweet.

>Open for any suggestions tho
I imagine you've probably heard Carpenter Brut and Perturbator. but if you haven't, you HAVE to check them out. They're the best in the genre. Perturbator latest EP in particular, it is so dreary, almost horror like, but still a banger, just awesome all around.
youtube.com/watch?v=qEoxu0_8uZU

Attached: __shigure_and_yuudachi_kantai_collection_drawn_by_tomato_lsj44867__016ad18895482bf24070bc153679d411. (1102x781, 661K)

That sounds like an awesome experience user!
Did you initially go to the observatory alone?

Are stateworkers in Canada treated like those in germany? Once you work for the government you always work for the government and you're not fireable AT ALL.

Yeah Carpenter Brut is what has gotten me into the genre. They made the Furi bossfight music. That's how I found them.
Haven't heard Perturbator tho, I'll give that a listen.

Attached: 1361530362464.gif (161x120, 971K)

still hot as balls here, looks like we'll finally get comfy normal early fall weather on wednesday and I can't wait

I'm not from Canada actually, but from France. I'm just here for a year as part of my studies.
And well, back at home, it's pretty much that yes: you really have to fuck up big time to get fired.

Also, have you heard of Justice? They do good shit too, more on the remix kind of niche, but still scratching the same itch imo

Attached: __shigure_kantai_collection_drawn_by_hetza_hellshock__e3e234a83c7ff855cc7d705b2741fc0e.jpg (862x868, 385K)

Welcome to our lil cozy /comfy/ thread.
It's hot here too; I'm also awaiting fall. My next week is going to be even hotter.. Everyone seems to enjoy that, I hate heat.
Nice trips btw.

Oh so we're ACTUAL countrybros.
When you work for an embassy, do you have a say in which one?
>Also, have you heard of Justice
Who hasn't heard of justice. Back when MTV and ViVa still played Music Videos their D.A.N.C.E song was on a constant loop.

Hell yeah. I'm sweating like crazy, can't wait for winter to actually begin.

Generally no. As long as you're not top dog, at least. What happens most often is you're being sent on a mission in a certain country for a fairly long period, ranging from a few months to possibly years. generally, you don't know where it's going to be. Although, most ambassadors and assistants nowadays get some sort of specialization early on, so you know in advance what part of the world you will go to at the very least. I've always moved a lot in my life, so I don't find it daunting to travel left and right. There are also some monetary benefits that come from such a profession.
But if I can't do it, i'd be fairly contempt with a cushy and calm job somewhere.

Attached: __shigure_and_yuudachi_kantai_collection_drawn_by_sally_pacch0614__4777ef5f4d8e2dff50584387ef57b26e. (849x1191, 849K)

I know right leafbro. I was in a t-shirt today and it was still hot out. This is crazy for september

youtu.be/Tfw2suyUUNw

Attached: Fver.jpg (1920x1179, 1.09M)

Sounds like cool work, nice dude!
I've come to realize that as long as you are in a field that you enjoy and have space for personal improvement it doesn't matter what job you do.
My duties as a IT security consultant shift so heavily from customer to customer. Yet I still enjoy it because it IS IT Sec and after all, thats what I'm really passionate about.

29° today and it's only going to drop slowly. The weather has gone crazy all summer pretty much everywhere.
Worst thing is: trying to avoid the summer's heat, I decided to take a vacation to Sweden this year. But tough fucking shit: highest temperatures in decades other there, 30-35° at the very least for two fucking weeks, and no AC anywhere. Shit was not cash
/blogpost

Attached: __shigure_kantai_collection_drawn_by_azuhira__c9603f1f95b28fe0064b32be1460e970.png (1610x1400, 962K)

Yeah, I went out of my own interest in astronomy, but also to see if it was open. Lucked out and brought some people I knew after I found out it was open. Sure... a lot of the people are clearly infantile in their thought processes, but interaction is interaction, I suppose!

Doing a job that you like really is important: upon seeing my father doing a job he hates for so long, I thought I had to do things differently and try to shoot for something I'd enjoy doing every day for the rest of your life. my personal absolute favorite would revolve around history, but options are frankly quite limited in that area, so I had to aim somewhere else.

I guess computer stuff is your thing, judging from how you like IT. How's the job? Does it take a long time to learn, or is it more of an everyday thing?

Attached: __shigure_kantai_collection_drawn_by_kotsuru_kari__e0388a6a8b292d87d114bcbe391073f6.png (960x1074, 295K)

70 percent of stair accidents happen on the stairs.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bTwT3tKPuMY

There. Wisdom AND music.

Good tunes.

Attached: __shigure_kantai_collection_drawn_by_hetza_hellshock__98af83325d217003b91d38ab9ea514e6.jpg (868x976, 347K)

Sorry for always taking so long to respond. I have to rephrase nearly every other sentence.

That's so cool! I was into astronomy once but then a co-worker of mine caught wind of it and tried to force me into everything, wouldn't let me go at my own pace so I've lost interest (in actively looking for stars, not stars itself).
Would you have gone if none of your mates would've showed up?

Yes definitely. It won't keep you from having these typical "I so don't want to go to work today" tho :D
My job is very nice. I get to travel a lot, it's always something new because there is always another new major security vulnerability, I learn tons of new stuff everyday and the pay is very comfy. IT Security is a booming field right now.

I'd argue it takes a long time to learn. I mean, I've been doing IT my whole life and am very interested in IT Sec. specifically and I still don't know everything/learn new stuff each day. But a lot of this knowledge comes from everyday things.

What's with the other 30% of stair accidents then?
Also black sabbath is always a solid choice of music!

Attached: 1370580870317.png (533x552, 223K)

Thanks mane.

I'm 100% straight and love women and their tits and the mere thought of men in a sexual way makes me feel disgusting but I find vaginas visually disgusting, so much so that I can't have sex without throwing up. The thought of sex with a woman is great but seeing a vagina close up disgusts me am I normal?

The other 30 percent happen OFF the stairs, duh.

it's okay to take your time, comfy and hurry might rhyme, but they don't go very well together.

I guessed as such, considering how things move so quickly in the computer realm. I really wish I knew more about computers... Sounds like a really nice job though.

Attached: __murasame_shigure_and_yuudachi_kantai_collection_drawn_by_cointreau__37bdf2c05e778042723d43d3c8ee04 (1200x1256, 1.12M)

Whatever rocks your boat my fellow.
I also remember reading something about how most men find vaginas unattractive. But don't quote me on this: I have no idea where I read this, and it might not even be reputable. Anyway, I'm sure you're not alone.

Attached: __shigure_and_yuudachi_kantai_collection_drawn_by_sally_pacch0614__5d5372e9e3ba900d796bd8694b2efd7e. (531x745, 334K)

How old is everyone btw.? I'm 25, gives a bit more perspective on the statements I guess.

Sexuality isn't binary.
There are very few people that are 100% straight or 100% gay.
Most people are something inbetween. Could you see yourself having sex with a vagina? That's the discerning factor I'd guess. But you're probably not the only one who is like this. Not to go all tumblr bullshit on you but you shouldn't be concerned if you're "normal", especially not when it comes to kinks my dude. lmao.

I thought about visiting leafcountry in the next couple years. Are there any places I DEFINITELY have to see? (I prefer local stuff, not a fan of tourist traps)

Sadly, you will probably have to ask a real leaf. I've only been here for a month, and I'm not the outdoors type of guy... I'm in Montreal right now, and as far as I can tell, it's your average north american city. People are very nice though, so that's cool. And the fact everyone speaks french almost makes me feel like I'm at home. Food is also fairly cheap, no more expensive than in Europe at least

Attached: __shigure_and_yuudachi_kantai_collection_drawn_by_irohakaede__9e1a16b54c9faa6c44e927a164a83c1a.jpg (800x793, 456K)

Oh right I forgot you're an exchange student.
Have you tried Poutine yet?
We have a restaurant near work that claims to do original Poutine and that shit tastes AMAZING

Attached: 1376239030635.png (1092x612, 523K)

I've only eatne the cheap kind when I was really hungry. It's not high cuisine, but it surely does the job

Attached: __shigure_and_yuudachi_kantai_collection_drawn_by_ntk_7t5__8eb1cd6594e49acb1c557efe941fee1a.png (1000x806, 727K)

How far into university are you now?
Bachelors/Masters?

3rd year bachelor
But I also got a license before that, so that's technically my 6th year so far

Do you plan on getting your masters?
What kind of license? Some sort of diplomat license?

I will start a master after this year yes, mostly focusing on international relations and military defense.
I made a license in political science to prepare myself basically: I went in for three years, and then took an exam to enter the school I'm currently at. It's a bit complicated overall, bit it's what I had to do.
But what about you? What kind of studies did you have to follow to become IT?

Attached: __shigure_kantai_collection_drawn_by_shirasawa_kazane__129304707ed3314adbdefc2b39d718d8.png (627x885, 412K)

The story about how I've gotten into IT is kind of funny actually.
In germany we have something called "Fachabitur" which is basically a specialized version of our highest school degree. This allows you to study almost anything

I initially wanted to do some sort of interpreter/translator kind of career path BUT I'm a very lazy person so I missed my deadline. Spoke to the principal and he literally told me that I will not be able to get a place in that class at all for this year because it mainly consists of girls and he didn't want me to be the cock in the coop.
He then asked me if I'd be interested in anything else and since I liked gaming I just chose IT.
Had a very good teacher, sparked my technical interests in IT.

I then went on to study physics for one semester and then called it quits because I'd have to work off so many math lessons from stuff apparently I should already know from my school days. I studied IT for 3 semesters afterwards, broke that up because of a major depression and then I went on to make an apprenticeship at some company where I knew a few people. In that very same apprenticeship I've been introduced to a now co-worker of mine that forever changed my life.

We were both just sitting in most of our classes being bored because shit was really easy to us. We were also both smokers and shared a passion for IT Security. Naturally we bonded and became good friends. He was also the guy that told me that once we're done with our apprenticeship hes got this really cool company he wants to go to and wants to take me with him since of our shared interest in it-sec.

So you could say I never really "studied" IT, it's just been something I've been doing my whole life.

Extremely long winded answer, I apologize if it's rambly or doesn't make perfect sense but I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Attached: 1353023399298.jpg (840x673, 247K)

>Animefagging when you could just post Gondolas
What is wrong with you?

Attached: 1530376077121.png (230x325, 68K)

Nice. It sounds really nice to have a friend like this. So are you both employed at the same company?

Attached: __shigure_kantai_collection_drawn_by_tomato_lsj44867__9e951227d3843948bbeab7a41d89ff21.jpg (1725x1102, 426K)

I dunno mane, I don't have that many gondolas, sadly, and I find anime comfy.

Oh it's very nice to have friends like this. Definitely.
I need my breaks from him tho, he's super extroverted and I'm an introvert so he constantly likes to party and do other shit while all I want to do is sit at home on the couch and watch some comfy series.

Also correct yes, we work at the same company.

You seem to be in a good place in life right now.

I'm still in high-school, but I'm hoping to get into university for something computer related. Maybe software engineering, but I'm unsure.

I haven't done much research on IT, maybe because all I think of when I hear that is "the guy who does stuff to the server in office buildings."

What is IT like, or what kind of work do you do as IT?

I live in Central Alberta holy fuck

Would post some pixel gifs but the file sizes are too big

Next time, don't start the thread with a literal Jow Forums image.

Attached: Scorchin_Borche.png (712x452, 33K)